Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Thank you sooo much for your help!! I'm going to check Atkins out now.

Thank you sooo much for your help!! I'm going to check Atkins out now.

No problem...you should make your goal of 10 lbs in no time. Last yr I did it and lost 9 lbs in the first week. I do recommend ketosticks...you can get them at any pharmacy. It takes me about 4 days to get into ketosis. The strips tell you when you are in ketosis.

I've come off of 2 of my 3 diabetic meds and working on coming off the last one so I find a low carb diet really works for me on so many levels...

That's awesome! And the cottage cheese, strawberries and watermelon are things that I will be adding soon here. Also, greek yogurt as long as I can find one that has low enough sugars.

Am I still trying to get 1000 cal per day doing lo carb

Am I still trying to get 1000 cal per day doing lo carb

Well...if you choose to do Atkins counting cals doesn't work but a regular low carb where you avoid sugars, flour, breads, potatoes, rice, and Pasta you could probably do that. Get your Fiber in somehow...things can get bad otherwise.

I have been following a strict low carb diet since I was banded on April 6, 2012. I eat chicken, tuna, beef, zero fat greek yogurt, fat free sour cream, hard cheese, cucumbers, and EAS Protein Drinks. I am walking 2 miles per day. I have lost 44 pounds. I have 100 pounds to go. I was having difficulty with portion size, I felt that I was eating too much, too fast. For the last 4 days I have lowered portion size and increased the number of meals I have a day. I really can see the difference! I am full and satisfied with smaller portions. I have had a few days when I have cheated, I can NOT have any forbidden foods in the house. My grocery shopping I stick with only the above foods. This diet was suggested by my doctor and his staff. It really is working for me. As the weight comes off my will power gets stronger...I don't want to ruin all the HARD WORK I have done! The exercising has improved my mood, and I know it plays a big part in my weight loss.

My favorite meal is:

Chicken breast poached in Water and seasoning

4 tablespoons no fat greek yogurt

lemon juice to taste (1 tblspoon)

1/4 cucumber peeled and chopped into small chunks

seasoned salt ( to taste)

1 packet allowed sugar free sweetner

pepper to taste

Cut up cooked chicken into small bites. Mix yogurt, lemon juice, cucumber, salt, pepper, and sweetner. Add chicken bites and enjoy!

Hope you enjoy this chicken as much as I do.

Atkins has always been my friend !! I lost 50 lbs when I first did it.and have kept a Psuedo low carb lifestyle.my problem was Portion Control a evnnon low carb it's hard to lose taking in 3500 calories a day.mankind lived on mostly meat vegetables and fruit for thousands of year before this sugar and processed food craze hit last century.that's when we got fat as a nation and diabetes and other weight related issues sky rocketed.to be honest I have been taking more chances on carbs lately after banding but I feel like crap when I do.I think low carb is the most natural way to lose weight .I know we've added artificial sweetners and low carb Protein Bars but if u read the original research from Dr.Atkins it was very wholesome.

I'm not banded yet but I have been doing my own low calorie/low fat/ low carb thing. I am not super duper strict but I am very picky about what carb it is that I'm going to have. I don't do a lot of fruit because not only does it spike my cravings but I get really hungry after eating it. I stick with unsweet all natural applesauce, grapes, and strawberries. I eat a lot of veggies like green Beans, bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, salad. Mostly I do the low carb Protein Shake, and tuna, chicken, or lean ground turkey. I portion everything out and figure up my meals in the morning so I have a guide to look at and see where I am. I don't do well on extremely low carb because I am hypoglycemic and it messes with me. I try hard to keep the carbs around 50 or 60 per day and I loose weight just fine realistically as long as my carbs are under 90 per day. I max out one meal per week on carbs and that makes me feel less restricted if I have the one cheat meal.

what do you guys consider low card what do you stay under?