Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

:thumbup:Hi all wanted to let you all know that I did a 4 mile walking video with a group this evening, I have never done this in my life. I am so proud of myself. I will be doing this every other day. Had a good day, lost another 1/2 lb. Now 218.5. My ketose stick is almost a 40%. Here is what I eat:

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs w/1 tbsp butter, lots of coffee w/sugar free hazelnut

Lunch: 1 cup of leftover Linda's Low Carb El Darado Casserole, 1 glass of sugar free tea

snack: about 60 peanuts w/1 glass of sugar free tea

Supper: 1 cup of fried cabbage in reg oil w/water, and polish sausage (10 slices), 1 glass of sugar free tea

tonite's snack: sugar free Jello

total calories right under 1200, carbs 22.

Come on ya'll, let's keep this posting going. if we hold each other accountable we all can win this war on obesity. it's a new year, we can do this.

BTW, how in the world can I upload my picture, I have tried and tried and it will not work.

:thumbup:thanks penny for joining me. The weather here in ga. is up to almost 50. Here is what i ate today:

breakfast : 2 fried eggs, lots of coffee and sugar free hazelnut

lunch: swanson's canned chicken w/ 2 tbsp dill relish and 1 tbsp. mayo, crystal light sugar free strawberry/banana/orange

snack: 20 almonds

supper: 1 fried hamburger, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 oz. jalapeno cheese, 2 vlassic dill spears, 12 oz. hood calorie countdown milk

BreakfastCaloriesCarbsFatProteinSugar-

if i have a late night snack it will be sugar free Jello

weight.png

Edited by Want To Be Thin

Want To Be Thin --Glad to hear it's warming up a bit. My heart is really going out to those poor farmers down there -- they've been getting really slammed.

Well --- today I blew it. I'm in the process of getting a tooth implant. Several mos ago they did a bone graft and put some steel base in my lower jaw. Today I went back to have it re-opened so they could put some other gizmo in there. Next they'll build the implant on that. SO -- well ---what can I say---I had a cup of coffee and a low carb Atkins Protein Drink this AM. I didn't get home until supper time and had bowl of canned ham and split pea Soup and then . . . . . . 2 bowls of coffee ice cream with sugar free whipped cream!!!! I know. BAD!! BAD TO THE BONE (sos to speak!!!). But the swelling is going down. I'll have to do better tomorrow.

Today is my second day back (I fell off for a few weeks). I went over my carb goal last night. I was packaging the left over low carb chicken Parmigiana to freeze for lunches and couldn't stop myself from eating some more sigh. So my carbs yesterday were 27. Today my menu is for 15.6.

Breakfast - 2 mini quiche

snack - coffee with sugar free Creamer

lunch - Chicken salad with mayo, cheddar, pickle, alfalfa sprouts and a little avocado.

Snack - Pepperjack stick

dinner - 4 Scottish hard boiled quails eggs.

Total Calories 1093 Total Carbs 15.6

Just thought I would post one of my favorite personal recipes to share. I start pre-op diet tomorrow so will low-carb after surgery, when appropriate.

I make these turkey patties for dinner, lunch and breakfast. They can be pre-made and put in freezer to use individually or cook a batch to last a few days.

1-2 lbs ground turkey

1 egg

1/2 can Water chestnuts (chopped)

1/2 cup of shredded cheese

2 tbls fresh chopped garlic

Sprinkle of Sea Salt

and fresh ground pepper.

Pan fry in touch of olive oil or cooking spray over medium to medium high heat. Don't flip to soon or they will break apart. YUM!

Hmmm--this sounds good-- outside. I've never seen a recipe like this before. It's nice to have things that you can just grab. Especially when you're on the go like I am. And I think that recipes like this one are less likely to cause stalls like a lot of those processed low carb products. I can do fairly well on the Atkins Protein Bars so long as I don't have more than a few a week. The drinks work better than the bars because they don't have the sugar alcohol like the bars do.

I am following low carb too. Any advice on vitimin intake I think I am falling short in that area.

I have a question for those of you taking in around 100grams of carbs a day. Are you losing weight at this level or are you just maintaining.

I started adkins 9 days ago and feel like i need some carbs.

Thanks

I have a question for those of you taking in around 100grams of carbs a day. Are you losing weight at this level or are you just maintaining.

I started adkins 9 days ago and feel like i need some carbs.

Thanks

I have been steadily losing, but I only eat healthy carbs -- Beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas, fruit, milk, and occasionally corn, sweet potatoes, sugar-free whole wheat bread or tortillas, and whole wheat Pasta. Adkins was way too strict for me. Check out South Beach Diet. It is more flexible, allowing for healthy carbs.

Good luck! :thumbup::thumbup:

Spideymom-

Do you have to toast your tortillas/bread? I can't really eat bread or tortillas (unless corn tortillas), or I will get stuck/pb. . .

I do eat a lot of lentils, chickpeas, etc. though.

Lisa

Hi, Lisa. I don't have to toast my bread, but I often do. I finally found some that is easy to get down without PBing. It's Nature's Own sugar free 100% Whole Grain bread: Nature's Own - Varieties - Variety Breads - sugar free 100% Whole Grain Wheat It is very soft for whole grain, and it's only 50 cal. per slice. Still, I have to take small bites and chew slowly, but it's much better than any other bread I've found. Of course, putting butter or butter spray on the bread helps a lot. :scared2:

Tortillas are harder for me, though, and I have to be very careful with them, taking small bites and chewing slowly. I never thought about toasting them, though - duh. :) Next time I will try that! I usually eat them with hummus, so toasted tortillas would be much better with that anyway. :thumbup: I eat the La Tortilla Factory Low Carb tortillas that are 50 cal and 5 g. of Protein each.

How is everyone doing? What is everyone's carb limit?

Do you cut calories and carbs, or just carbs?

I will post my menu for today, and try to continue this daily so maybe we can all get into the habit.

B- Protein shake

coffee

snack - Protein Shake

L - Low carb Soup, small portion of cauliflower, one boiled egg + one boiled egg white

D - 2 cups Spring mix, red and yellow bell peppers, gilled chicken and 2 Tbs. Ranch.

Total Carbs : 27

Protein: 77

Calories: 795

I am making deviled eggs tonight an MAY have some of that.

I am happy with my carb intake, but will bring it down tomorrow!!!