Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

okay, i'm going back on lowcarb. i tried switching up my diet, and i've been s-l-o-w-l-y loosing. i have a love hate/relationship with lowcarb...:tongue2:

Yep, I too am getting back on the wagon. I am 3 months out and have not had as much weight loss as I would have liked thus far. Low carb has consistently worked for me in the past. I can't wait to check in and see what type of progress everyone else is having. :tongue:

I am glad to see the low carb thread is still going. I really don't lose and can barely maintain when I let carbs back in my life.

Can you give us the cheese cake recipe?

hi daisy- here's a link to my fav low carb site- this link has the Desserts page:

Low Carb Luxury: recipes - Treats and Desserts

Thanks! I appreciate that. Maybe if I had some good recipes, I wouldn't eat the bad stuff!

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hi guys... just wanted to stop by and say hello.

I'm dying for some NON DAIRY (:tt2: I'm testing my tolerance) low carb snack ideas, any help?

Thanks! Hope all is well.

How about Egg Bites? You don't have to put cheese in them though most of my recipes call for it.

Search my blog and also theworldaccordingtoeggface

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hmm...egg bites...sound SO GOOD. I'll check it out!!! Thanks!!

I am in serious need of a low carb state of mind! I have not been low carbing but want to.

Can everyone give me an idea of what they eat daily? This could help me out a lot. Thanks.

Hey ParaGirl! (btw, how are you?) You can join me. I started low carbing again yesterday. I've managed to make it though 2 days; lol. I don't know if you are anything like me, but once I eat any amount of sugar...it's all I crave! My cravings have already subsided.

Hmmm...ideas for meals. Here are some foods that I eat:

eggs

grilled chicken and a salad or LC veggies

tuna salad and chicken salad (I make mine with Tostito's spinach dip...less calories than mayo and still low carb)

ham and turkey wraps (just deli meat and cheese rolled up)

grilled fish and veggies

pretty much any meats (I prefer lean meats most of the time)

Spaghetti squash is a good side dish....love it!

cheese is a good snack

Walmart has stuffed chicken breasts that are good

low carb slim fast or Atkins shakes for Breakfast

HTH

Edited by georgia girl

Hey Georgia Girl,

If I even get a whiff of something sweet, I'm craving like a mad woman!

I will go low carb beginning right now! It really is the best way for me to lose.

About how many carbs do you have per day right now? Do you follow Atkins or just do your own low carb plan?

BTW - saw you on Dr. B's commercial...you did a great job!!! Congrats.

Dana

Georgia, it sounds like you and I eat the identical foods. One of the grocery stores here has Chinese food at the deli and I will often get teriaki (sp?)chicken

Hey Georgia Girl,

If I even get a whiff of something sweet, I'm craving like a mad woman!

I will go low carb beginning right now! It really is the best way for me to lose.

About how many carbs do you have per day right now? Do you follow Atkins or just do your own low carb plan?

BTW - saw you on Dr. B's commercial...you did a great job!!! Congrats.

Dana

Thanks...I was soooo nervous about that commercial, lol.

Low carb is just about the only way I lose as well. I fight it tooth and nail, but that's just the way it is. I don't really follow the Atkins diet. I try my best to eat about 20 net carbs a day. That is similar to what the Atkins diet suggest, but I don't eat by their food list. They say not to worry about fat, but I do. I try to eat lean meats cooked with healthy fats, not butter. I'm basically eating lean meats, non starchy veggies. I like eating almonds as Snacks. I love yogurt, but it's not really low carb so I've cut it out. If I could find some greek yogurt around here, I would eat that because it's a lot lower in carbs. Walmart used to have some, but they've been out for weeks. Anyway, that's what I do.

Good luck with low carbing. Let's keep in touch and cheer each other along.

Georgia, it sounds like you and I eat the identical foods. One of the grocery stores here has Chinese food at the deli and I will often get teriaki (sp?)chicken

Hey there Oregondaisy! Teriyaki chicken sounds goooood. Is it low carb? I love the teriyaki chicken strips from Zaxby's, but that's out of the question since it's breaded, fried, and dipped in a thick coat of teriyaki...:thumbup:

I am not really sure how many carbs this kind has. It's not breaded. It's chicken cooked in the sauce, but as with most sauces, I wipe as much of the sauce off as I can. BBQ Sauce can have a lot of carbs too.