Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Los Angeles Bandster looking for others

how do you feel about not using floral when getting ur fills? i heard the garden grove office doesnt have floral. just got my first fill on the 15th of july, cant imagine a doctor or nurse feeling and pocking around for a port. I went to my surgery place TJ. they have floral and the fill process was precise, with floral they were sure not to fill me too tight or to loose. wondering how fill centers without floral operate.

Edited by bandded

how do you feel about not using floral when getting ur fills? i heard the garden grove office doesnt have floral. just got my first fill on the 15th of july, cant imagine a doctor or nurse feeling and pocking around for a port. I went to my surgery place TJ. they have floral and the fill process was precise, with floral they were sure not to fill me too tight or to loose. wondering how fill centers without floral operate.

Hi Banded,

A lot of surgeons use the flora for just the first fill. The fill center numbs the skin and then finds the port, I have had three and two were a piece of cake and one took two trys...but I was numb. They ask that you don't eat or drink for 12 hours prior and they first remove the saline to measure what is left in the band and then add that amount and a bit more, then you drink Water. They can determine how much Water you can take down and know how much restriction you have. Then it's a little in, a little out until you can hold the correct amount of water and no more. The doctor there is an anesthesiologist who is great. My surgeon in Wyoming feels confident that I'm going there.

See you at Dennys.

HELLO EVERYONE I JUST SAW THIS THREAD AND GOT SO EXCITED THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED RIGHT KNOW IN MY LIFE!!!! I SAW YOU GUYS GOT TOGETHER AND HAD A MTG AT DENNYS I LIVE 5 MIN FROM THERE ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO BE SETTING UP MORE MTGS?? OHHHHH I HOPE SO I WAS BANDED IN ORANGE COUNTY BUT THATS TO FAR 2 GO FOR MTGS , I WAS BANDED IN DEC THE 28TH AND HAVEN'T BEEN DOING VERY WELL:( , i WAS ACTUALLY ASHAMED OF MY PROGRESS AND DIDN'T WANT TO SEE MY DOC I FEEL LIKE A FAILURE, BUT I MADE A APPT AND I'M SEEING HIM THIS FRI THE 8TH BUT EXTRA SUPPORT FROM OTHERS WOULD BE GREAT, I LIVE IN THE MAR VISTA , CULVER CITY AREA.

I am always up around the Culver City area my boyfriend lives close to Venice and Motor. I can be available for anyone who want to chat or meet. At the last meeting I had a family emergency and was unable to make it but we can plan for a weekend soon.

Hello Everyone,

I really wanted to express to those who attended the first meeting we had at Denny's how great it was to meet everyone. I apologize for not communicating to everyone sooner, but my mother-in-law is in her final days of battling Breast Cancer. I have been over the house on a daily basis after work being with her and the hospice people. I really need a break and some time to clear my head, so I was wondering who would be willing to attend another meeting at the same location? I was thinking this Saturday, August 9th at 2:00? Please let me know if anyone wants to attend. If you send me a personal message I will email you my phone number so you can confirm.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Denny's

10700 JEFFERSON BLVD.

CULVER CITY,CA 90230 US

Hope to see ya there.

p.s. Esmeralda I hope everything turned out okay with your family emergency.

Brenda

I will say maybe...my nephew is in town for work and I'm not sure if he's staying through the weekend. If he doesn't, I'll be there for sure.

Katie

Im in the san fernando valley but will travel to wherever yall meet again.please keep me posted i could use some support!

i have all my weekends in august full!!!!:)

but i would def like to attend in the future!:)

Hello Everyone,

I have not heard from anyone regarding the meeting I was planning for this Saturday, soooooooooooo I just wanted to let everyone know that I will plan another one in the future. My mother-in-law is actually getting worse so were all on standby just in case. They have increased her pain medication 4 times in one week so its just a matter of time. I will try and set up something for possibly the end of the month. Also, I do attend a support group that is sponsored by Kaiser on the second Tuesday of each month in Harbor City. If anyone would like to attend its at 6:30 til 8:00. It would be nice if there were more lapband attendees because most of the people have the gastric bypass. Let me know if anyone wants to attend.

Take care and best of luck to all of us trying to reach our goals!!!:tt2: