Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Los Angeles Bandster looking for others

Hello,

I am looking for people with the band who reside in the Los Angeles, Carson, Harbor City, Hawthorne, Inglewood, etc.... I was banded at Kaiser in Harbor City and they have a support group that meets once a month, but mainly for Gastric Bypass patients. I would like to establish a support maybe either online or in person for the other girl I know how has the band from Kaiser. If anyone is interested please let me know by responding. Thanks :)

Hi Brenda, I would be interested in your group. I live near LAX and work in Santa Monica. I was banded in December of 2007, and haven't lost much. I feel that I need the support of others who are experiencing the same as I, and willing to share with others.

Katie

Hi Katie and Brenda... I would definitely be interested in a lap band group. I was banded in September and the weight is coming off super slow. I live in West L.A. but work in Santa Monica.

I got banded June 9th in Ventura, I live in West LA and would love to join a support group. so count me in.

Taz

West side seems to be a common thread, let's try and set up a time to meet. Weekends and evenings work for me. How about everyone else? Katie

Hello Everyone,

I would like to set up a date and time we all can meet together. Please email me with your contact information and we can set the time and place up. I was thinking like meeting at a Denny's or something, but I am taking suggestions. I look forward to talking with everyone and know that with the support we can offer eachother things will work out.

I live in Lakewood, I am 3 1/2 years out but I am still 10 pounds away from my goal, I also need a support group since it has been a while that I meet with anyone. I also have a band baby (2 years old) so maybe I can be of use for any who wants to get pregnant.

Great job Esmerelda....you're the example of why I chose the band! Please email Brenda so we can all meet.

Katie

Okay I am going to suggest the Denny's in Culver City for our first meeting. I was looking at Saturday, July 26, 2008 at 2:00. Everyone please let me know if this works for everyone and who all will be attending. I am really excited! We had our Bariatric support group last night and there are only two people with the band and for some reason they try to bash the band. It will be nice to be around other people who can understand what we are doing and why we chose the band. The information is listed below, so let me know if this date and time works for everyone.

10700 JEFFERSON BLVD.

CULVER CITY,CA 90230 US

p.s. Dont get nervous about the portions of food we can all order maybe a few things and share them with eachother.

hi everyone, just banded in june, wanted to say HIII to all the cali folk! im in LA, Hollywood. Can Anyone recommend fill doctors and centers in the LA area, ive called a couple of places and they are asking $480. Thats more than i was planning. I can go to Tijuana for fills but that just takes the whole day, im looking for some were closer and more convenient. appreciate Info!

Edited by bandded

I'm using the Fill Center USA in garden grove. Dr. Smith. They do fills on Thursdays. I called the 800 number and they set up my appointment for me and call every 6 weeks to see if it's time to reschedule. I can't find the number right this second, but if you need that info I can find it for you. KC I think I paid $300 for the first fill and $150 for each one now.

Edited by KatieC
forgot cost of fills

hey everyone,

my names krysten, i live in norwalk and work in westminster.

i was looking for local support too.

i too was going to go to fill centers in g.g., since its awfully close to work. but i decided to wait and go in august to my doc in tj for my fill. i know i need my first fill (need it sooner rather than later) and i was going to do here in the states, but i feel more at ease having my lap band doc do it. :)

im so happy i bumped into this thread, nice to meet all of you :confused:

Krysten,

I live in Lakewood (Pioneer and Del Amo) I am also looking into going to TJ for a fill, Dr. Kuri is also my doctor maybe we can ride together and share gas?? Next month would be great e-mail me if you like.

I have not heard yet from anyone regarding us meeting at Denny's on July 26, 2008. Please let me know if anyone is going to even come?