Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you prefer tampons or pads?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer tampons or pads?

I had probs with pads too, but I move them up some where I have more coverage up at my upper belly because it seems i leak up higher than down lower like the pads would make it. And also to keep them from bunching up so bad I buy those little tiny pantyliners you can get and wrap them around the wings of the normal pad (by the way the only pads I use are overnights with wings, only ones that cover good with my size) and it holds the wings from the overnight in place and then where I leak the most is closer to the top so the pad stays there and most of the leak goes over and on the 2 pads wrapped around the wings.

I also use the overnight with wings kind. I use two at a time; one in front of the other. I replace the one in the front as needed.

The one in back is more for overflow protection. Less likely to leak on the couch. Anyone else use a towel on the bed when they are staying over at a friends'. I would be mortified to leak on someone's sheets.

I use overnight pads, as well as laying a towel down when I sit or lay down at home. At work I bring an extra pair of undies just in case of an overflow. I usually put one pad almost on top of the other, that way I can coverage in the front and the back.

tampons :eek:

I'm at that delightful stage of my life when nothing is sure, Mother Nature-wise. Sometimes it's really heavy, sometimes I get almost nothing, and everywhere inbetween. In any case, I use both on my heaviest days, and switch to pads only once it's really light.

I can't wait until this is no longer an issue. I was teasing my surgeon, saying, hey, while you're in there anyway, can I give you a list of what else I'd like taken out? Too bad, he didn't fall for it one bit :)

All the best,

Christine

Neither - I had a hysterectomy when I was 32 (I am 39 now) and I take HRT and I wouldn't have it any other way. :blushing:

BUT when I did have periods I tried but couldn't use tampons. My uterus was tilted backwards so tampons hurt and made me have cramps so bad I didn't want to move, I couldn't even sit down. I had to use them occasionally when I was away from home and started and didn't have another option. But I would get sick, have diarrhea, and nausea. I would make a b-line for home or a store!

Incidentally, my husband thinks he really lucked out with me (we've only been married since September). But he's said how cool it is that I don't get PMS, don't have cramps, and can't use the excuse to not have sex because it's that TOM.

All my sisters have had hysterectomies (my mom died of ovarian cancer when she was 43) and none of us regret it for the very reason that we don't have periods anymore!

Cast another vote for Instead softcups.

Neither, baby! I have an IUD in, and haven't had a period since April of 2007, before I was pregnant with my (now 2.5yr old) daughter. Being period free is glorious!

Instead cups are the best for me. You don't even feel them ..gotta get used to emptying them but i will not go back to tampons again

Instead cups are the best for me. You don't even feel them ..gotta get used to emptying them but i will not go back to tampons again

Ditto! I recommend these to all my friends.

When I used to have a period, it was tampons all the way.

Thanks to Lybrel, that is a non-issue for me. YAY for no periods!!! :thumbup:

Tampons durin the time I am up. But I prefer pads at night cause during night time pee I may forget I have a tampon in

Okay, so for those re-usable cup users, how do you clean them when you are in a public bathroom (i.e. stalls)? Do you wipe them out with TP? Do you rush to the sink and rinse them out? I'm assuming you wouldn't dunk them in the toilet bowl.

I'm in the US and have heard before about the Insteads, but need more details on how exactly you use them and maintain them during your period.

Also, did you ever have issues with putting them in or taking them out at your higher weights? I'm hoping this won't be an issue since I've lost 75 pounds, but need to be realistic about them.

Thanks for your help.

BTW, I'm a tampon user with panty liners. No thick pads for me!

Also, there were a couple of you who mentioned you don't like to wear tampons because you pee a lot. What does that have to do with the tampons? If inserted properly, there is no reason you should have to remove them when either urinating or having a bowel movement.

I'll admit that there have been times when pushing to have a BM that my tampon has slipped a bit, but I just push it right back up in there with my finger. I don't take it out and reinsert a new one, unless of course it's time to.

Also, there were a couple of you who mentioned you don't like to wear tampons because you pee a lot. What does that have to do with the tampons? If inserted properly, there is no reason you should have to remove them when either urinating or having a bowel movement.

I'll admit that there have been times when pushing to have a BM that my tampon has slipped a bit, but I just push it right back up in there with my finger. I don't take it out and reinsert a new one, unless of course it's time to.

i think some don't like to wear tampons cause they pee a lot because the string can get wet from the urine if there isn't a steady flow and thus causing urine to travel up the tampon. creates a heavy feeling and the tampon can slip down. i've heard that from many people