Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you prefer tampons or pads?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer tampons or pads?

So little old me is bored again and decided to make a thread. LOL it may seem a bit silly too but it can also be informative.:frown:

So!

Tampons or pads?:confused2:

I use both. I go heavy and don't risk leaking through the tampons, and I usually do leak too so pads and tampons at once!

day 1 tampons

day 2-3 Both and more i have a couple of dark blue almost black towels I use one these days to protect the furniture/bed from sudden bleedovers.

day 3 on tampons

I can always *feel* when I pass a big clot everything will be fine then suddenly its *Gush* which i find majorly annoying and wish that I could live in the shower for 2 days lol

Any of you have trouble with pads? I do cause they always bunch up so bad in the middle that they dont seem to catch alot. Damn thighs to big.

I had probs with pads too, but I move them up some where I have more coverage up at my upper belly because it seems i leak up higher than down lower like the pads would make it. And also to keep them from bunching up so bad I buy those little tiny pantyliners you can get and wrap them around the wings of the normal pad (by the way the only pads I use are overnights with wings, only ones that cover good with my size) and it holds the wings from the overnight in place and then where I leak the most is closer to the top so the pad stays there and most of the leak goes over and on the 2 pads wrapped around the wings.

I wish my periods were only 3 days lol sometimes its 5 weeks sometimes it's 2 sometimes i dont have one 3 months sometimes i have one a week then another one 2 days later...it's insane.

I had probs with pads too, but I move them up some where I have more coverage up at my upper belly because it seems i leak up higher than down lower like the pads would make it. And also to keep them from bunching up so bad I buy those little tiny pantyliners you can get and wrap them around the wings of the normal pad (by the way the only pads I use are overnights with wings, only ones that cover good with my size) and it holds the wings from the overnight in place and then where I leak the most is closer to the top so the pad stays there and most of the leak goes over and on the 2 pads wrapped around the wings.

Hmm your giving me intersting ideas. LOL.

One of my problems is my panties. MIZRAK - The BBW's Fashion Friend - Plus Size Clothing Super-size SSBBW

While I can buy them in sizes plenty big to pull up over the stomach the crotches are way wider and the wings don't grip to well most of the time. the pad needs to be like a inch and half wider to fit the panties well. lol I will have to try you method sounds like it would work better.

I know what you mean about the overnights with wings, I was using the always overnights but they recently changed the design and it doesn't have as big of the back part that goes under you when you lay on your back anymore.

Ticked me off. Never seems to fail I find a product that works well for me and they go and change it. I think it was carefree the last brand I bought cause it did have the extra wide back part. Will have to dig the bag out and see. lol.

You know what I did years ago for nighttime. When my youngest was in pullups for toilettraining & night. They made the sides of the pullup tearable. I used those for nighttime pads a few times. lol worked great for at home but to bulky to wear under pants.

My SIL said I should try using the pads for incontinence since they are made to absorb more Fluid. And I gotta admit I've thought aboit it.

I'm going to totally gross you out and tell you I use cloth pads.

People fall about going eeeeew yuck, but I reckon landfills full of disposed of sanitary pads is more disgusting. And none of my babies ever wore a disposable diaper either.

I prefer tampons over pads and tried the mooncup and keeper but I cant tolerate them, something about my internal anatomy means they just dont fit right and give me crippling cramps.

But my periods are super duper light and last 2 days anyway, so I like my nice microfleece topped hemp pads - the fleece top means they stay dry feeling. They have a PUL layer so never ever leak either.

I will use tampons if I'm swimming though, or away on holidays or whatever. But I always buy organic cotton ones, all those bleaches and chemicals, no way am I putting them inside me.

Edited by Jachut

I wish my periods were only 3 days lol sometimes its 5 weeks sometimes it's 2 sometimes i dont have one 3 months sometimes i have one a week then another one 2 days later...it's insane.

Oh my daughter is going through this. she just had her second depro provera shot and she had spooting for 3 weeks out of the month lol. one of the side effects is suposed to be a cesation of periods shes hoping and praying for that and so far has got the oposite. Dr said to give it time all her patients who stoped having periods was at the 9 or 12 month mark ususally.

But man I'm spending a fortune on tampons lately. lol

Hmm your giving me intersting ideas. LOL.

One of my problems is my panties. MIZRAK - The BBW's Fashion Friend - Plus Size Clothing Super-size SSBBW

While I can buy them in sizes plenty big to pull up over the stomach the crotches are way wider and the wings don't grip to well most of the time. the pad needs to be like a inch and half wider to fit the panties well. lol I will have to try you method sounds like it would work better.

I know what you mean about the overnights with wings, I was using the always overnights but they recently changed the design and it doesn't have as big of the back part that goes under you when you lay on your back anymore.

Ticked me off. Never seems to fail I find a product that works well for me and they go and change it. I think it was carefree the last brand I bought cause it did have the extra wide back part. Will have to dig the bag out and see. lol.

You know what I did years ago for nighttime. When my youngest was in pullups for toilettraining & night. They made the sides of the pullup tearable. I used those for nighttime pads a few times. lol worked great for at home but to bulky to wear under pants.

My SIL said I should try using the pads for incontinence since they are made to absorb more Fluid. And I gotta admit I've thought aboit it.

I forgot to mention something else i do...since I have a prob with leaking toward the front I take the pads that do have the extended back....and turn them the opposite way....so the longer part is upfront...i have never once leaked downward..lol

People fall about going eeeeew yuck, but I reckon landfills full of disposed of sanitary pads is more disgusting. And none of my babies ever wore a disposable diaper either.

I prefer tampons over pads and tried the mooncup and keeper but I cant tolerate them, something about my internal anatomy means they just dont fit right and give me crippling cramps.

But my periods are super duper light and last 2 days anyway, so I like my nice microfleece topped hemp pads - the fleece top means they stay dry feeling. They have a PUL layer so never ever leak either.

I will use tampons if I'm swimming though, or away on holidays or whatever. But I always buy organic cotton ones, all those bleaches and chemicals, no way am I putting them inside me.

I've pondered trying the cups on the light days but I go way too heavy for everything.

And no it's not gross...to each their own. :frown:

Nope I don't think its gross, after all women have handled their periods that way for centries.

I used a combo of cloth diapers and disposables on the kids, cloth at home and disposables when we went out. And when they were in the pullups at night, we reused them if they didnt soil em. Mostly for the reduction in cost. But I don't mind that it saves a few tons in a landfill somwhere.

I'm willing to comprimise in alot of areas for the environment but I'll keep my tampons lol.

I wouldn't even use pads if the tampons could handle my 2 heavy days. I have never liked feeling of a pad.

You can buy reuseable pads? I had no idea. Where do you buy them and what is a mooncup and keeper. I am probably way behind on the latest period fashion i have only just started my period again after 14 years LOL.

Menstrual Items - Cloth Menstral Pads - Fuzzi Bunz, bumGenius, Ergo Baby Carriers and Bravado Nursing Bras=

They're all over the internet but I bought mine here several years back, when I was into cloth diapering my daughter. I loved both Happy Heiny's and Fuzzibunz for her, so that's what I have. The Fuzzibunz (Mother of Eden) ones are the best I think.

The mooncup or keeper are a small silicone cup that you insert rather like a diaphragm, but the rim is more rigid than a diaphragm and it really hurts me, I get terrible cramps from it. It collects your flow inside and you empty it, suprisingly it is easy to do without mess. They have a stalk instead if a string for retrieval which I found incredibly irritating, many people cut them off. So its the conveince of a tampon but reusable.

Edited by Jachut