Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Have You Lost So Far?

Thanks Long2BThin! It was a terrific day! I have never been a gym rat before but when you see the scale going down it certainly gives you the incentive to keep going back! I have made it a point to go every day and so far so good. My next goal is to lose 100 pounds by Christmas - if things keep going as they have I have no doubt I will succeed. Best wishes to you too Long - sounds like you are doing equally as well! Let's keep in touch! Music Mom

Thanks Long2BThin! It was a terrific day! I have never been a gym rat before but when you see the scale going down it certainly gives you the incentive to keep going back! I have made it a point to go every day and so far so good. My next goal is to lose 100 pounds by Christmas - if things keep going as they have I have no doubt I will succeed. Best wishes to you too Long - sounds like you are doing equally as well! Let's keep in touch! Music Mom

I really want to lose 100 by Christmas too. But it seems to be really slowing down so I'm not sure. I can still have the goal though. Looking for 75 by Halloween. But I am just getting back to the gym as I had a set back of gall bladder surgery in August and couldnt' work out with weights or anything. I get released from restrictions at my 9/24 post op appt. but in the meantime I am still doing light cardio and upping that more and more each time. This past week is the first I didn't lose a thing, but usually that means I have a good week coming!! Here's too 100 by Christmas!!

I need to avarge 2.5lbs loss a week to hit 100lb loss by Christmas. I am averageing 3 lbs a week right now. That would be a crazy goal to hit but its possible.

I have mini goals along the way - no dates involved just moving the scale downward! The big goal kind of keeps me focused and determined - I must say though - going to the gym everyday is helping alot the scale move downward - I am totally exhausted when I get home but it is a good exhausted - not the tired feeling I used to get lugging my big body around! So here's to our success - keep on losing!

Banded june 8th weighed and a fill today 261 start 293 about 21/2 half a week. the last three weeks I slowed down to a lb and a half a week. I need to make better choices. :confused:

congrats long2bethin on your 65 pounds gone forever!!

I seem to keep hitting a wall.. I hate to complain since I have lost a significant amount but I lose like 7 the week after i get a fill then bam I hit a wall.. I go up and down 1-3 pounds and I end up getting really discouraged. I am mentally freaking myself out. I can't seem to find the perfect excercize for me.. I get all excited about something then i get bored. I am thinking about joining curves and seeing how that goes. I need a excercize buddy badly.. I hope everyone has a great weekend!! :bolt:

hi allie and all! i've been a bit discouraged too. i think i'm having too many crackers as a snack during the day. i'm down 37.5 lbs and am really glad about that! but i am hovering around the same # on the scale and even with exercise (added the hill program on the treadmill with jogging between each hill), i can't seem to get it to go down. i get really full and it lasts for hours but it still seems i can eat too much still - have had 3 fills. so looking forward to #4 coming up in 2 weeks.

this process take such patience! that's what i say to myself, patience, keep doing what you think is right and have patience.

i just ordered the core rythms dvd's (the basics) because it seems like fun - dancing as another way to exercise!

good luck everyone, sounds like some of us are having very consistent weight loss and some of us get stuck then go down and get stuck then go down. it's strange. but better than before that's for sure!!

donated all my size 26, 24, and 22 clothes. THAT felt really good!

happy weekend!

congratulations Long! 76 is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just hit 40 and it feels like a milestone. ways to go but feels good to say 40 lbs down! the last fill seems to be much more restrictive for me - fill #4.

I have set specific goals now and told myself there are NO EXCUSES not to exercise. I am 25 years old, I am carrying less weight now, I'm not tired all the time anymore, so I need to get off my but and get moving. The result! I lost 6 pounds this week and the week isn't even over yet. Exercise is very hard and I don't think I'll ever enjoy it but this weight isn't going to come off by itself. I found myself grabbing a bag of Cheetos and heading to bed when I realized that I was following the same pattern that made me morbidly obese to begin with. I made myself exercise tonight with the bag of chips right in front of me. I thought about how I want to look and feel after I lose weight and I didn't even have a taste for them anymore. After I finished exercising I took the chips back downstairs and threw them in the trash. I drank a diet snapple instead. I go to the doctor tomorrow morning for my 4th fill. I currently have 4cc's in a 10cc band. I hope he gives me a full cc, but I don't know because he is very conservative with his fills. I had to beg him for the 2cc's he put in last month. I have some restriction now but not enough because I can still eat large amounts but I try to limit myself and not test the limits of the band.

I had a fill yesterday. I have lost 43lbs my band is a 10cc with 6cc in. So far so good.

:smile2:

Hi! I am an "MIA" Jazzy June!... Needing to get on track.. now that I am finally settling down since constantly moving around after leaving Spain in Sept...

Have been throwing up A LOT.. I haven't had a fill since Sept.. but feel myself tightening.. sometimes even throwing up after yoghurt.. really could do with some motivation and stay on liquids for a few days.. (well until I can find a fill doctor who will take me!!.. have had trouble finding one)..

anyway.. please adjust me to your list Snuffy.. ( I think you were doing the updates!)..

My numbers aren't as great as some and I really want to be a success story!.. I have lost 25 pounds so far... I was 241 now 216... 35 in all

THank you and here's to the band.. (still love it even after ALL my complications!)

thank you

woo hoo i hit 84.5 pounds lost this morning!! I have been stuck at 84 pounds it seems like forever!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy to see the scale move this morning.. hopefully it keeps going down. I stepped up my excercizing and it seems to be helping...

GO JUNIES!!!