Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Have You Lost So Far?

Yesterday was my anniversary of getting my band. I am down 125 lbs and only 11 lbs from a normal BMI!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I am so glad to read your posts..not that I am glad you all are also struggling, but because I have felt like such a failure. I have only lost 53 lbs and just celebrated my 1 yr band anniversary. I too have not done all my part to help loose the weight. I have only had 1 fill and that was months ago, but I am getting stuck at times. I am able to consume much more then I should and know a fill is probably due, but am afraid since I am on occassion getting stuck. I would love to chat with those going through my similar circumstance.

I too was afraid to go in for a fill for awhile bc I was getting stuck/throwing up at times. But I finally went in and it is the best thing I could have done!! It has really speeded up my weight loss and has made me more motivated too!! I honestly just got to my sweet spot 10 months out from surgery :thumbup: 81 lbs down now!

I too was afraid to go in for a fill for awhile bc I was getting stuck/throwing up at times. But I finally went in and it is the best thing I could have done!! It has really speeded up my weight loss and has made me more motivated too!! I honestly just got to my sweet spot 10 months out from surgery :grouphug: 81 lbs down now!

Congrats!!!!!! That is sooo awesome!

Hey all..

June 18th will be my bandiversary as they say.. I had a great start.. and lost a lot up until September.. then I really started to slow down. Unfortunately for me.. my surgeon is in Spain and I am in Miami.. I have been here since Sept.. but going back to Spain in a few weeks.. I am down 50 pounds.. but really wish I had lost a lot more. I know I haven't been sticking to the rules. in fact I have forgotten most of them! Serves me right I guess considering I haven't logged onto this site since November!.. I do throw up a lot.. I get stuck a lot because I don't chew properly.. then I find myself filling up on the 'easy' foods.. ie.. soups.. ice creams etc.. How come the bad stuff goes down so easily yet the veggies, eggs and meats get STUCK!?.. I battle with this everyday.. but really want to get focused again.. I want to lose another 10 pounds before going to Spain at the end of the month.

My exercise is good though. I have been averaging about 20 miles a week walking.. some days I will walk up to 12 miles throughout the day..as soon as a break time comes I walk for half of it.. then turn around and come back to work again!.. I would be LOST without my ipod! it keeps me going through the walking.. I can keep on and on as long as the battery holds out!.. I have even downloaded the Twilight Saga's (I read the books first) and believe me.. Edward Cullen keeps me WALKING!! ha..

anyway. .just wanted to say hi!.. well done everyone!. I hope to get going again now!.. Might put myself on that liquid diet again.. to calm down my poor stomach!..

x

Hey all..

June 18th will be my bandiversary as they say.. I had a great start.. and lost a lot up until September.. then I really started to slow down. Unfortunately for me.. my surgeon is in Spain and I am in Miami.. I have been here since Sept.. but going back to Spain in a few weeks.. I am down 50 pounds.. but really wish I had lost a lot more. I know I haven't been sticking to the rules. in fact I have forgotten most of them! Serves me right I guess considering I haven't logged onto this site since November!.. I do throw up a lot.. I get stuck a lot because I don't chew properly.. then I find myself filling up on the 'easy' foods.. ie.. soups.. ice creams etc.. How come the bad stuff goes down so easily yet the veggies, eggs and meats get STUCK!?.. I battle with this everyday.. but really want to get focused again.. I want to lose another 10 pounds before going to Spain at the end of the month.

My exercise is good though. I have been averaging about 20 miles a week walking.. some days I will walk up to 12 miles throughout the day..as soon as a break time comes I walk for half of it.. then turn around and come back to work again!.. I would be LOST without my ipod! it keeps me going through the walking.. I can keep on and on as long as the battery holds out!.. I have even downloaded the Twilight Saga's (I read the books first) and believe me.. Edward Cullen keeps me WALKING!! ha..

anyway. .just wanted to say hi!.. well done everyone!. I hope to get going again now!.. Might put myself on that liquid diet again.. to calm down my poor stomach!..

x

hey there.. Kizzie.. it sounds like you are getting back on track! Keep up the walking that is awesome! I can't believe it's almost been a year! I am glad all your original major issues are gone.. didn't you have to have a port revision and some other crazy stuff done? If memory serves me right you had a rough go at the beginning. Look how far you have come! Congrats!

Hi Allie

Wow. what a great memory you have!. I did have many many complications after being banded.not to the fault of my surgeon.. just my body!.. and yes I had a port revision after the port ripped out of the muscle and flipped..that caused a severe infection.. so I had a hard time the first few months!..even needing a complete unfill as I was so swollen from infection that I couldn't swallow a sip of anything. ANYWAY!!.. all in the past now!.. I can't wait to get back to Spain and get some FILLS done!. Thank you for your support. I hope to lose LOADS more.. I just need to keep focused.

Your weight loss is INCREDIBLE!.. 135 pounds! WOW!. I WISH WISH WISH that was me too. you must feel amazing..what is a regular day like for you?... do you count calories? or do you measure your food? .. How much exercise do you do?.. and do you stick to all of the rules?.. I actually forget the rules.. It wasn't until yesterday when I logged back in again that I remembered we aren't allowed to drink when we eat!!!.. eek.. ..I really need to get back on track!..

thank you again Allie..

well done to you!

Hi Allie

Wow. what a great memory you have!. I did have many many complications after being banded.not to the fault of my surgeon.. just my body!.. and yes I had a port revision after the port ripped out of the muscle and flipped..that caused a severe infection.. so I had a hard time the first few months!..even needing a complete unfill as I was so swollen from infection that I couldn't swallow a sip of anything. ANYWAY!!.. all in the past now!.. I can't wait to get back to Spain and get some FILLS done!. Thank you for your support. I hope to lose LOADS more.. I just need to keep focused.

Your weight loss is INCREDIBLE!.. 135 pounds! WOW!. I WISH WISH WISH that was me too. you must feel amazing..what is a regular day like for you?... do you count calories? or do you measure your food? .. How much exercise do you do?.. and do you stick to all of the rules?.. I actually forget the rules.. It wasn't until yesterday when I logged back in again that I remembered we aren't allowed to drink when we eat!!!.. eek.. ..I really need to get back on track!..

thank you again Allie..

well done to you!

Hey there.. you are on your way!!! I do feel amazing.. hmm a regular day is : breakfast: 2 cups coffee Lunch: 3 oz. tuna or some Protein with mayo or dressing Snack: 100 calorie candy or ice cream. Dinner: 1 cup of food consisting of mostly meat. Snack: 100 calorie dessert. I don't count calories but I get full really easily.. I do follow all the rules. If you need a reminder of them, let me know.. I have them posted on my fridge lol. I excercize as much as possible.. I just try to keep the goal of moving my body every day. During t.v. commercials I get up and move around, whether that's running up and down stairs , doing sit ups or just walking around.. I also try and get to the gym and do the elliptical. I hope that helps.. if you want more specifics let me know! I am super excited that you are back to writing on here! xoxo

Hey all..

x

Welcome back Kizzie, glad you came back and posted! It just doesn't seem fair that the bad stuff goes through our band so easy does it? Are you from Spain? I was just there a few weeks ago. We took a cruise out of Barcelona and spent 3 days in Barcelona. Love Las Ramblas! Unfortunately my MIL lost her insulin and we had to also visit 2 hospitals and several pharmacies before we got her back on track. The people were very friendly and helpful though.

thanks for the tips!.. I know that at my 'stage' of fullness/emptiness! I would still be hungry on 3oz of anything.. so I do need a fill ... I would be SO grateful for your refrigerator notes if you don't mind!..

I am just back from my hour long walk =3.6 miles. I am pretty tired today though. jetlag after a week in Vegas...going for a shower.. and then decide if I am hungry for dinner or not..!..

my email address is louisah2@mac.com....

Hi L2BT and thank you for the welcome!. it is good to be back. I want to get on track again for good and use this tool to the best of my ability!

I am actually english. I work with a family who live between the US, Caribbean and Spain. We are headed back to Marbella in a few weeks!.. I haven't seen much of Barcelona outside of the airport!..but yes you are right. Spain is a wonderful country with great people!. A wonderful culture.. actors, musicians etc.. My surgeon in Spain is very firm! ha.. but sympathetic at the same time.. he doesn't sugar coat anything!.. ha.. pun intended!..

I am one year out and have not lost one pound. I bounce between 5 pounds down 5 pounds up. My doctor is mystified. "Everybody loses". Well that is obviously not true. I know I eat substantially less because I simply cannot tolorate most foods...but still...nothing. This entire process has been so depressing. A waste of time, emotions, and money.

I am one year out and have not lost one pound. I bounce between 5 pounds down 5 pounds up. My doctor is mystified. "Everybody loses". Well that is obviously not true. I know I eat substantially less because I simply cannot tolorate most foods...but still...nothing. This entire process has been so depressing. A waste of time, emotions, and money.

wow I have no idea what to say to this.. but have you tried keeping a food journal to keep track of your caloric intake? My guess is your caloric intake is to high. The same theory goes with or without the band. You have to be aware of the calories you are consuming. Some foods have way more calories than you could ever imagine. There are websites that can help you figure out caloric amounts. It might be a pain in the butt at the beginning but once you figure out how many calories you are consuming you can cut them down. I eat between 300-800 calories a day. I can not because of being to tight eat more. I am not sure what the magic number is you need to be under to lose weight but know once you figure that out you will lose. The band is a tool to help you feel full so you can eat less calories. I definetly hope you know I am trying to help and not preach.. I wish you more luck than this last year has brought you! Keep us posted as how you are doing!

I thought I was the only one with these problems. I have lost 40 lbs in 18 months. I have not lost anything for 9 of those momths. I eat about 650 tp 700 calories a day because I can't eat or get sick. I have been unfilled twice and possibly going on my third time. I exercise everyday, walk a few miles in the morning and I walk a good part of my day at work. I just want to through my hands up because nothing I'm going is working. Maybe this is the weight my body wants to be at. I feel like I need to eat more due to i have been feeling weak lately. Any advice?

Thanks