Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Have You Lost So Far?

Way to go, I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait until I can say that!!!
:rolleyes:WAY TO GO!!!:biggrin:

Thank you. I went to my primary care doc today who hasn't seen me since before banding and he kept looking at one page with my weight in the chart and then the previous back and forth as if he couldn't believe it and then finally said WOW! And he's keeping me off b/p meds, that's the best prize so far!!

I am happy to say I have lost 30 pounds. I have had a very hard 8 weeks and most of my loss was in the first 4 and a half. I have hovered around 213 pounds for 3 weeks now. Quite frustrating, I have had terrible infections, port problem, a torn ankle ligament (so exercise is really hard right now) and at one point my stomach actually closed completely... my surgeon said that considering all of this I am doing very well with my weight loss and as soon as I am fit and healthy again and can get on with my band life my weight will start to come off again. I hope so!!!..

Looking for advice on what to eat!?? I am struggling with solids. after a few bites I get that golf ball feeling in my back (yes I chew chew chew and take small bites) so revert back to a Protein shake!... Even yoghurt got stuck today and I was sick.. so hopefully things will start to get better soon.

Still love my band!!!

Hey guys you are all doing really well with your weight loss. I just hit 30 lbs this past weekend. I've been having some issues with whether or not I have a leak in my port tubing. I get a fill, feel restricted for about 2 weeks and then overnight, nothing. If I knew I wasn't getting charged everytime I get a fill, I'd just go in every two weeks for one. But I think he is going to want to go in a look at the port tubing to see if it's leaking or maybe no longer attached to the port.

You are all in my prayers.

Susan

I hit 60 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan, when your dr or nurse gives you your fill, do they first withdraw all the Fluid in there to be sure it's all there? Mine does just to be sure then puts it all back in with my new fill. It feels really weird when she draws it out too. But I like that she does that as it gives me reassurance that it's there and working.

Yes, my Dr. did insert a needle in and there was no Fluid to withdraw, it was empty. He put in 2 cc's, that was about a month ago now and I felt like I had pretty good restriction. The past 10 days tho I have been sick with an upper respiratory infection and coughing non-stop. Today, I feel completely unrestricted, I must have coughed all the fluid out. I must have a slow leak. So, I'll see what happens over the next week with my appetite and weight. I have a small band that I think he said only holds like 4 cc's or maybe he said 6 cc's I cant remember. I managed to get through a vacation and not gain weight. I didn't lose any either. Take care, and keep up the good work.

33 lbs so far. Banded June 8th. My goal is no less than 10 lbs a month. So we will see. I am getting use to the lifestyle change. Yup 33 lbs and my prfile look still sucks, but I am losing every week. Also I've had three fills. I guess I need to update my ticker lol :biggrin:

There we go updated ticker :biggrin:

I have lost 35lbs so far. Have had one fill and maybe a fill next week. We will see. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I am happy with my weight loss but I also give myself credit because I work very hard with this program. Need to change my ticker soon but waiting until after Dr. next week.

Beckyo:rolleyes:

I've lost 44 pounds since the beginning of the 2 wk pre-op diet, and 32 of those are since surgery on 6/30. I haven't had any fills, since I'm losing at or beyond the recommended guidelines and don't frequently feel hungry.

In non-scale victories, I just finally treated myself to some new clothes, and the XLs at the gap that I tried on were TOO BIG? (what!?) I bought a skirt and a tee shirt in size large and was beond happy. :omg_smile:

Hey everybody. I have sorta been busy with work now that my teaching duties have resumed, mot to mention going to Europe for three weeks 21 days after my surgery. I decided to get my fill here in Kansas City and I just got it today. Wow how quick and easy is THAT! I didn't even have time to say ouch. He put in 3cc. I am down 44 pounds since I started this process (including the preop diet.) This is the best thing I could have ever done!!! I hope everybody else is doing well! Lose that weight! :)

Kizzie - I am the same with solid food but I just take small bites and take a break from eating when I get that feeling. I try to stick with solid food because I eat less of it and hopefully will lose more weight this way.

48 lbs. as of today -- five months and three days after my surgery. I lost 14 lbs. pre-op, and another seven (if I remember correctly) on the post-op diet, and the rest has come off at a rate of 1-2 lbs. per week.

Hi Junebugs! Haven't been around much - been reading but not posting. But today is my birthday and I can't tell you what a great day it is - I never, ever thought that I would have a second chance at living - but the band has done that for me - I have lost 63 lbs as of today! (My goal was 53 because I turned 53 today - and I can't believe I did it and more!) I have joined a gym - that in itself is an amazing thing! I go everyday and have never felt better! I have alot more to lose but my determination to succeed has never been stronger. Thanks to all of you who have answered my questions and been there for support! If I can ever help or be an ear for your problems please let me know. This has truly changed my life and I can't believe it is going so well - on to my next mini goal! Enjoy the weekend - Your buddy in the band. Music Mom

Hi Junebugs! Haven't been around much - been reading but not posting. But today is my birthday and I can't tell you what a great day it is - I never, ever thought that I would have a second chance at living - but the band has done that for me - I have lost 63 lbs as of today! (My goal was 53 because I turned 53 today - and I can't believe I did it and more!) I have joined a gym - that in itself is an amazing thing! I go everyday and have never felt better! I have alot more to lose but my determination to succeed has never been stronger. Thanks to all of you who have answered my questions and been there for support! If I can ever help or be an ear for your problems please let me know. This has truly changed my life and I can't believe it is going so well - on to my next mini goal! Enjoy the weekend - Your buddy in the band. Music Mom

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRATS MUSIC MOM!! That's awesome. I'm 2 lbs behind you and trying hard. Isn't it amazing to go to the gym? Ihad a free one in my development to go to and never used it. Now I go a minimum of 3X a week and try to do more. Keep up the good work!! And enjoy your special day.