Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May walking challenge

I have been really bad----I havent' walked since Tuesday, the weather has been real bad here, too much rain to walk in. I guess I could use the treadmill, but I'd have to take off all the junk I have on top of it. ha, ha... I have been active though, a lot going on at work this week, I work in Economic Development and this has been a busy week, surveying all the business in the county for any needs and having a Year REview Strategis Meeting this afternoon. So I will check in with you Maggots on Monday. I promise to walk tonight and this weekend. Bye loves

On Wed I stepped over 9500, wahoo!!! I forgot about it yesterday...so today I'm putting it on, wait, no I'm not. I'ts my birthday weekend and my sister is taking me somewhere tonight...I have no idea where but it won't involve a pedometer, that's for sure.

I want one of those that counts the calories burned. Hey, going to Walmart really makes you take steps, I mean thousands of them!!

Keep up the good work everyone! One day at a time. Just do better tomorrow if it all falls apart today.

okay, since today is payday, I'll go to Fred Meyer and buy a new, hopefully Crystal-proof pedometer after class. (btw, a Friday class that goes until 5:00 pm is just wrong I tell you!

Estella...I know what you mean about the treadmill. Mine was so dusty it looked like it hadn't be used in 3 years. Oh wait, it hadn't. hahah. Anyway glad to see you guys back. I got my pedomter from Walmart for $8 and it gives step, distance, calories, and the time. They had one for $3.88 but it only gave steps.

I' love my Pedometer, I use it every day some time's twice aday.

For me walking is the easy way to weight loss! I will join in on the Game's.

Anybody know how to set a pedometer for the stride, etc? I found mine, it was dead, got a new battery but now I have to set the stride and I lost the instructions.

Thanks

Chris

The length in one step is your stride. IF you can have someone measure that when you walk that is what you use. Mine is 2 ft. That is the average length.

Anybody know how to set a pedometer for the stride, etc? I found mine, it was dead, got a new battery but now I have to set the stride and I lost the instructions.

Thanks

Chris

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have damaged or injured or pulled a muscle, tendon or have a stress fracture on my left ball of my foot. I had this issue when I was on the road last month and had to actually go to urgent care place and get some xrays. They could not see anything. I am still having problems so the walking challenge is out for me till I see a doctor on MOnday. I can't even do the trainer sessions either.

Keep on walking guys. It does work and you melt those pounds.

Got my pedometer!

So come on Crystal, since you and I seem to be late gettin goin - lets kick their butts here! :devious

Zoe, how are you and Jonathan doing with the >99 challenge?

Here is my results from Tues - Thurs

Tues- 8621

Wed - 9213( waitressed) I seem to get in more steps when I am working

Thurs - 9457 ( waitressed)

Yes, it is time to get moving.

This is just what I needed to become accountable.

Here is the breakdown of my week:

Monday - 7651

Tuesday - 8802

Wednesday - 7882

Thursday - 7855

Friday - 7690

I will do better next week, I will do better next week, I will do better next week!

Good Luck to everyone else that is part of the walking challenge.

Greetings, fellow maggots! Everyone's doing great! I wasn't going to check in until Monday, but here goes... my walking has been erratic this week:

5/1: 6,500 (estimate)

5/2: 10,394

5/3: 3,121 (class night)

5/4: 7,978

5/5: 5,315 (no reason, just lazy)

5/6: 13,011 (went twice around park instead of just once!)

Paula, you asked about the <99 countdown. I am creeping along. I may have lost a few ounces this week, but at the rate I've been going, I may not make it until the end of the month. Oh well, at least I'm moving in the right direction! I'm keeping track on Jonathan's www.waistingaway.com page.

Have a good weekend, everyone. I am so proud of how we're all doing. And Penni, I hope you get a good diagnosis for your foot on Monday. You get a reprieve from Camp Maggot until your doctor says you can walk again.

Okay I've just witnessed this thread, but count me in too. I know it's a week late, but I'm right there with you guys. However, I've not been banded yet and my knees are giving me problems too - so I'm going to start with a 1 mile walk for the next 30 days, working my way up to 2 miles a day the following month. That will at least get me started, as I'm now a full fledge, card-carrying member of the couch potato club.

Dr. Horgan

band date - 07/27/05- tenative