Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May walking challenge

Well I accepted the challenge and I started yesterday, put my two kids in the stroller and went out the door, it was so refreshing. I walked from my house to the park and back, its about 3.2 miles, and halfway back it started drizzling, so I had to haul butt and run for a little while. I am so sore today, funny how fast your bod gets out of shape, a couple of months ago, this would have been a breeze (even though I was heavier) but today, I am dying, my legs and butt are killing me. OUCH, but I am doing it today after work, so I will be checking in with you all. I don't have a pedometer, so I'll have to go buy one next week (I live in a rural town and we don't have a Wal-Mart). Thanks for getting me going again. I went shopping this weekend and bought myself some size 10 capris, I look pretty good in them if I say so myself, so skinny me, here I come..

My step total for all day Monday from 5:00 am until 8:00 pm was 9451

I am liking this challenge ;)

Today Iam going to add in a brisk walk above and beyond my regular routine and see if I can break 10,000

I've kind of challeneged myself to having more steps then the previous day. I'm going to get these last 9 lbs off it if kills me :)

Im still wanting this challenge so much, but the last couple of days have been really eventful here on the homefront. So... hopfully a pedometer will be bought today and I will get on the ball.

I broke 10,000 yesterday: 10,394! About 7000 of that came from my usual three-mile dog walk. The rest was puttering: walking around the office, walking from the parking lot to Quizno's (parked very far away for a change), back and forth at home cleaning. I have a class tonight so I'm not expecting to get much walking in today.

Crystal, I broke my old pedometer when it was still new. It happens. Get another one and get moving. Paula, you go get one too!

OK, enough drill-sergeant mode. Great job, everyone! We're off to a good start.

Oops...I just saw this thread. I have a pedometer at home, so I will start tommorrow. I know, I know, why wait? I have to take care of a few things first tonight. In the past two weeks, I have put my dog to sleep, lost a friend to a car accident, and another friend this past Thursday to a plane crash. I need to deal with family members tonight but I WILL START TOMMORROW!!!!! Wish me luck.

I'm sorry that you have been dealing with all that Tammy. Don't worry you'll get on track once you finish dealing with all you have on your plate right now. I'm sorry about your loses. ((((((BIG HUG)))))))))

On another note, I did walk my 3.2 miles yesterday, and let me tell you, its really hard to push a double tandem stroller w/ two kids that probably weigh a combined weight of 75 lbs and plus the weight of the stroller. My kids enjoy the walk though, so I have to keep pushing their little butts in the stroller. My four year old little girl is a talker like me so she has tons of stories and songs to make the time pass faster, although sometimes I wish she would stay quiet and let me enjoy the walk. LOL,, My little boy who is three loves the walks also, yesterday when we turned on our street, he said he didn't want to go home yet, but I had to, I was beat, I tell you this walking is hard work. Hopefully I will stay focused and keep doing it.

Well talk to you all later.

Oh I got a pedometer, but I'm electronically challenged and you have to set it, set the length of your stride and who knows what else, looks really complicated, so I didn't mess with it.

Okay, I'm off to a bum start. First, I forgot about Sunday being the first, and we all had to get out the door (all 4 of us) by 8:30am for church. Not our usual time, but DH and I play handbells and the handbell choir met a t 9am to practice, yada, yada. So there went the day...Then Monday I put on my pedometer and got up to about 2700 steps just puttering! Then, took a potty break, laid it on the bed and forgot about it!!! Wah!

So today I haven't even worn it. I don't know what it is but if I can't do it perfectly and get that step count just exactly right, I give up. What's up with that?

I'm putting on my pedometer RIGHT NOW, even if it is 2:30 in the afternoon, and I'm counting from here on out. So There.

I don't know what it is but if I can't do it perfectly and get that step count just exactly right, I give up. What's up with that?
Let me guess -- before you were banded, if you had one bite of a piece of cake, you thought you had blown your diet. I'm laughing as I write this because I suspect, Kathy, that you're like me: if you can't do it perfectly you'd rather not do it at all. It's taken me nearly 50 years to get past this attitude of mine. Adequacy is OK! Mistakes are allowed! Repeat that several times until you get it right... (just kidding)

Tammy, I'm so sorry about your losses. What a horrible fortnight you've had. I think all of us at Camp Maggot will forgive you if you need some time off from the challenge, but if you'd prefer to walk off some of your troubles and grief, please join whenever you can.

Yikes Tammy! yeah, here at Camp Maggot will give you a PT pass! ((((((hugs)))))

I will have to wait until Friday when I get paid to get a new pedomiter. (I'm a student on a *very* fixed income) This will be my 4th since December... Perhaps I'm breaking them on purpose?

Wow Tammy, you are SO excused. I'm really sorry for your losses. Wer'e here for ya. Walking through your grief may be the best thing. I'm so sorry ((((((hugs)))))))

Zoe, I get that way with the laundry. If I can't do it all back to back, load after load, AND get the necessary ironing in, I get myself overwhelmed. Then I don't do it. Then it catches up with me so I end up doing it half-assed, which was what I was trying to avoid in the first place!!! AUGGGHH!

I'm learning to deal with this. I do one load every day. I can't stand washing the dish towels with the kids clothes. Or the bath towels with my hubby's dirty work socks, but I get over it. It's better this way, much as it bugs me.

SO, I put on my pedometer at 2:30 and walked 5068 steps since then. Hard to believe! I made myself take a little hike with the kids in the woods behind the house while DH planted tomatoes. It really wasn't a hike, it was a stroll, but it was STEPS! I even had my outdoor slippers on! The kids loved exploring.

So, counting again tomorrow with NO obsessing. Just wear it and ignore it till the end of the day, and try to take extra steps along the way.

Thanks for the butt-kicking. Camp Maggot ROCKS!

well I have to say that even the forces that be, don't want me to excersise. WE have had tons of rain here in SW Florida the last two days and I wasn't able to walk yesterday and today doesn't look any better, but I have been eating well and have stayed a bit active, hope the weather clears and I can get back to my walking. Makes me feel so good when I do it. WEll my fellow campers I will report back.

(((hugs to ya all)

Okay the day was 3/4 of the way over by the time I got my pedometer yesterday so my 1st full day was today. Step total was 9275 with 682.8 Calories burned. This was a great idea Zoe. Never thought I would have so much fun being a maggot. HAHA(-:

Alright ladies... where did you all go????? Todays step total was 7818 with 519 calories burned and that was just daily activity. Tomorow is treadmill day so we will see what I come up with.