Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starbucks..what do you order??

I was just wondering what kinds of things ya'll order from Starbucks. Pre surgery (2 weeks ago) I was having a daily iced nonfat grande mocha. I won't be having those anymore and most likely won't be visiting Starbucks much but if and when I do, what are some good ideas that's ok for us lapbanders. I only like iced drinks. Any suggestions??

I love Starbucks and have managed to work it into my post band diet. Their website has lots of great nutritional information which allows you to see how the calories change based on size, type of milk and syrups added.

I really like the

iced double shot of espresso with skim milk and splenda &

a grande caramel machiato with sugar free Syrup and skim milk

Tall skinny Decaf cinnamon dolce latte at 130 degrees or

Tall skinny decaf iced latte--I don't like SF syrups when it's cold.

Either way it's only 90 calories and I justify it by getting in 12 oz of milk, which is about the only way I can drink the stuff.

I'm a Starbucks junkie! But...I've tried to have Starbucks 3 times since my May 19th band date and I'm lucky if I was able to drink 1/2 of a grande...

But...what I have been getting is:

Grande - Skinny vanilla Latte

Translation: Grande - Non-fat (milk), sugar free vanilla (syrup) latte

They now have the skinny shakes...sorry don't know what they are called, my son orders for me. But they are super good!

I'm not sure if starbucks is the same here, its probably aussified

I'm just a cappucino or latte gal, skinny milk. To me, that's 1/3 espresso coffee 2/3 steamed skim milk with foam (for a cappucino) without for a latte. I dont have sugar.

I dont like all those confectionary coffee things and walking around slurping on a huge paper cup is about as attractive as chewing gum in public - I loathe it. So I only buy coffee if I'm going to sit down and drink it, in a proper cup (or a glass for a latte). Which means I mostly avoid Starbucks and Gloria Jeans becuase of their paper cups. We can get loads better coffee than that here.

The skinny lattes are very good, I like the hazelnut, caramel, or vanilla. They can all be served iced.

Not banded til the 19th, so I'm still going thru Starbucks getting the fully loaded treats that helped me get here. Anyway, I love this thread because I've been wondering what I could do instead. 2 questions...Do the SF syrups have any funky after taste because of the artificial sweetner? Also, I thought caffeine was supposed to be a no,no, but I'm not convinced I can give it up. Anyone kind enough to help a confused girl out?:biggrin2:

I like their canned Double Shot Light - I beleive it is only 70cal and taste so rich and creamy. I can't remember the carb count, maybe less than 20 - thinking 12 or so. BUT Starbucks doesn't carry this - you have to get this at Safeway, Wal-Mart or a local gas station.

I also will order a doulbe shot over Ice and ask for a venti cup. I then mix in Water and 2 scoops of Muscle Milk Light - Bananna Creme :wink2:) YUMMY - 25g's Protein, 195 cal's and 11 carbs - Sometimes walking out I feel embarrised as if I am drinking something really "bad" and want to hide my drink... LOL For a variation to this I will use some cholcolate protein mix w/ the bananna mix and make myself a "Monkey Mocha"

For a splurge i will get a tall sugarfree Java Chip Lite 160 cal, 30 carbs, 5g protein.

BUT I don't do Starbucks that often - they cost too much and I just don't need it. :lol:)

I drink hot coffee in the morning and ice coffee later on in the day. My band seems to be sensitive to very cold things. Ice cream can make me slime.........

good luck!

Spunky

Larinshine- I was told no caffeine for the first 3 months post op as it can cause dehydration. After that time frame caffeine is fine

I only go to to starbucks if I am desperate, and I mean SUPER DUPER OMG I NEED coffee AND ITS THE ONLY PLACE desperate. Even then I might pass it up.

BUT, when I do stop I get a skinny 12oz vanilla latte (with whip, its my one bad thing 'treat').

BUT if I can get to my regular shop 12oz French Vanilla latte (FF and SF) with whip.