Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on May 20, lost 14lbs within the week and have gained 2 of those lbs back. I notice that I can eat way more than I thought I would be able to. I do not have a fill until my fourth week. I have not seen my doctor for the two week follow up due to a mix up in scheduling. I am so hungry all the time. The hunger is so bad that it almost hurts. I just wondered if anyone else has gone through something similiar? This is really frustrating, and very depressing. I feel like in just 3 short weeks I have lost the motivation and have fallen back into focusing on food all the time. Thanks in advance for any feedback! You guys rock on this site!:wink2:

Hi

I'm sorry you having a rough time. Call your doctor and try to get some help. You have gone this far, don't get discouraged. My band day is next week, June 12. I just wanted to give you some incouragement. I don't know what it is like yet. But I just wanted to support you. Much success!

Do a thread search on bandser hell. Everyone goes through this. Just do the best you can with your food choices until you get a fill. Your

band isn't doing the job it's intended to do without any fill. Try to fill up on Protein and stay away from things like noodles, rice, bread, etc and you shouldn't be as hungry.

Once you start to get regular fills, you will start losing!

Welcome to "Bandster Hell"! this is the time to concentrate on getting better, not dieting. It's typical to gain during this time but not impossible to lose. You should be concentrating on filling up on Proteins and depending on your doctor whether or not they're solid Proteins. My docter wanted me Clear liquids the first week after surgery then I could add Protein drinks the second week thru the 4th week of a liquid diet. It was hard and I can't say I didn't cheat...much. But your tummy needs to heal. You'll still be hungry until you get to your sweet spot. I'm close to mine, I have close to 8cc in a 10cc band. for my first fill Dr put in 5cc and I felt like I did right after having surgery then it went away and I was hungry again but you just have to follow the rules like it's the real thing 'cause eventually it's going to sneak up on you and you'll go "Oh NOW I SEE" and have to learn real fast how to eat all over again unless you learn now. Practice eating slowly and taking small bites it needs to become second nature.

have fun with your band...learn new recipes... talk to other people in a group try not to focus on being hungry....promise you'll make it thru. You've made it this far you can make it all the way to the other side!

I feel your pain & am right about where you are, with the exception that I had my first fill today. But prior to today, I have been C-R-A-Z-Y hungry really for about the last week & a half. I have been able to eat so much more than the 1/2 c or so that was pretty typical about week 2, & was forcing myself to stop long short of satisfied, let alone full. Hang in there! This is really almost the hardest part. You've come this far, so give yourself a little room & know you're not alone :wink2:

hi, i too am feeling confused, but since joining this group, reading about how others have been through the same concerns, i feel encouraged that this will pass. I expected to have more restriction, and can consume up to 2 cups, yet i had my first episode of eating too fast and having too much and i don't want to feel that again. i expected more wt loss as i am eating less than 1000 cal a day, 23 lb since may 7, the first two weeks out 20 lb lost. but since i went back to work, major Fluid retention and i was discouraged the loss slowed. My first fill last week of this month. But as i said, so many people here are offering such good support, hang in there, just as i will do! Good luck! Tina

Sometimes it takes about 3 fills to really start losing well. Just remember the band is a learning experience. Weight loss isn't necessarily fast with the lap band. It usually is right after surgery on the post op diet, and then slows down or stops until you get good restriction which can take several fills.

I feel the exact same way. I am supposed to be on mushies but not only am I hungry; but food cravings are driving me crazy! I have had pizza and cake even. I have got to get control over my head.

sitting here RIGHT NOW eating CRACKERS/CHICKEN SALAD!!! :thumbup: not the NORMAL kind, tho- 5 wheat crackers, lite salad. if you are starving like i often THINK i am, try to eat a SMALL portion of something healthy if you can handle it! i am struggling daily but still losing. have not followed the diet since week 2 but i'm still losing, just slowly...i had to ask the same quetion just yesterday & the advice i got was Protein, PROTEIN, PROTEIN!!! Everythings gonna be alright! i have noticed, however, that ALMOST ALL bandsters have a slightly different post op diet...:huh2:hmmm

sitting here RIGHT NOW eating CRACKERS/CHICKEN SALAD!!! :tongue2: not the NORMAL kind, tho- 5 wheat crackers, lite salad. if you are starving like i often THINK i am, try to eat a SMALL portion of something healthy if you can handle it! i am struggling daily but still losing. have not followed the diet since week 2 but i'm still losing, just slowly...i had to ask the same quetion just yesterday & the advice i got was Protein, Protein, PROTEIN!!! Everythings gonna be alright! i have noticed, however, that ALMOST ALL bandsters have a slightly different post op diet...:huh2:hmmm

Crackers are not necessarily healthy for you when you've been banded only weeks ago. You should still be on your mushie or lite eating stage.