Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't found anything on this site yet about having sex after surgery. How long should I wait after getting banded? My doctor never addressed this and I really didn't think about it--its my husband!

I'm not sure but I think its whenever you feel comfortable and energetic enough. There are plenty of positions that don't require you to do much work lol, so you would probably be fine as long as you don't put a lot of weight or strain on your belly.

I haven't found anything on this site yet about having sex after surgery. How long should I wait after getting banded? My doctor never addressed this and I really didn't think about it--its my husband!

Sorry FLuffy I have been married 37 years, sex is the last thing on my mind LOL BUT i would think oral sex would be ok. WINK

Too shy to ask this question myself... I'm so glad you brought this up.

I'm eager to see more replies as I am pre-banded and had wondered about being sexually active and how long one should wait. :eek:

I didn't ask my Dr. this question ~ but I did ask the Nurse at the hospital ~ well, I sort of asked her, lol. I said "so how many days after surgery can I do things like, um, jump on the trampoline, um, ride a bike, um, swimming, things like that." She goes..."Well, you should wait atleast 10 days before any type of physical activity like that, including sexual activity". I thought I was going to die! :eek:

But, like someone else said, there are a few positions you could probably get away with it as soon as you are feeling better.

Goodluck to you!!

I think we waited about 2 weeks to engage in the "wild thing" - my husband is very patient and sweet - I did ask the doctor during my consult how the band affected sex - I think he was surprised with my question! At first he said "it doesn't" but then he came back a few questions later and said "well, I guess if you lost 50 lbs it might really spice it up!" Don't need no "spice" but it would be nice to be able to fit into a cute little sexy teddy!! 8-)

I was banded 05/ 29 and i performed well tonite,so if you feel like it then git-r-done.I had no pain at all,oh by the way i have been married 35 years and sex is just as good now as it ever was.

my doc said 6 weeks or whenever your ready...good luck with the sexin' everyone I hear it only gets better as the weight comes off!

Please don't be afraid to ask your doctor about sex, and don't be embarrassed! For one thing, they are doctors -- they see lots of naked bodies, they hear all KINDS of things you wouldn't believe -- they can't be shocked. And sex is a natural healthy thing, they do know we have sex! They do too!

My doctor also said we can resume having sex whenever we feel comfortable with it.

My husband and I waited about 10 days before we had sex. I was comfortable enough by that point with the way my incisions were healing and how I was feeling.

I think it's just the way you feel. You'll know what feel right and what doesn't.

Have fun!

I think DH and I waited maybe 2-3 days. I was not unfortable or anything so we were fine. I did ask my doctor and he too said as soon as I was comfy with it. He smiled and said "be creative". No problem!

I read everyone's posts, which I really appreciate, I am scheduled to have my surgery on the 13th, but my husband has his on Friday:thumbup:. Then I realized that everyone responding was female. Any males want to comment on this one.

Just interested to know how long it takes for men to recover so they can be "active" :ohmy:. Since we are both having the surgery, I didn't want to put him or myself in any pain. 10 days isn't bad, we will just have to be creative I guess. But I would love to hear from the men.:cursing:

I know what you mean, I kept trying to find posts about it and I even tried to work the question into some of my posts. We waited 3 days. Just had to be gentle about it is all.

I asked my doctor and he said when ever I felt up to it but even in his pamphlets he gives us he address it just in saying no rough sex for 3 months lol.

I am a male as i said in a earlier post,my wife and i waited 5 days after surgery and i had no pain at all.