Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You know you are a bandster when....

when you say you are buying a pair on thongs...and you don't mean sandals anymore...

you're not scared to stand on scales in front of other people!

This actually happened to me when i was shopping the other day. I needed to buy new suitcases and wanted ones that were as light as possible. Although they have dimensions on them they don't have the weight. The shop assistant found me scales so I could weigh them and of course the case won't stand on the scale on its own. So I had to weigh myself with and without holding the case. There was another woman buying cases so she was watching too. There is no way i would have done that a couple of months ago.

you know your a bandster when you can actually wear your blackberry in its case and not have to worry if it going to jump off your belt and hurt someone.

You know your a bandster when you not only can fit in a seat on the airplane but have to tighten up the seat belt.

you become a mathematician and you are always doing math in your head. Example Going to restaurants and thinking ok a dinner dish/meal on a plate 2ce the size of a regular plate that is 4 times the size of the plate i eat off of and only eat half the amount of my plate makes this meal last for about 8 meals etc lol

you buy food and Water dishes for your pet rat and think they would be great size serving dishes for yourself for meals and the occasional dessert ( like Jello etc) I seriously considered buying a few of my own lol

you suddenly have the urge to clean out your closet and drawers and try everything on that used to be too small and it fits!, and ALL your larger clothes find a way into a box to be donated " this time I do not set them aside for later" Closet cut down by 2/3 s !!!!

when you say, "I just needed a little help taking off that last hundred pounds."

You know you are a banster when...the holidays are here and you are not in a panic about how many pounds you will gain and that you can indulge in a "few" goodies and not worry about it!

Merry Christmas!

When your New Year's Resolution doesn't involve starting the latest fad diet!!!

When you worry more about hiding how LITTLE you eat then how much your eating infront of the food pushers in your family

When you worry more about hiding how LITTLE you eat then how much your eating infront of the food pushers in your family

OH gosh rest servers are bad about that too!! Last night I wanted sushi I think I ate 3 pieces and asked for a box the server was pushing me saying I was eating slow, etc he wasnt rude but thats not the first time Ive had servers comment on my lack of eating.

When pureed carrots & chicken never sounded so good but 2 weeks post op; you'd eat ANYTHING pureed.

your lunch buddies let you order first so they know what side items they want to eat with your "left overs"! :)

My sister does it everytime we go eat! Her favorite thing to tell me is how much less her lunch cost now that I have had Lap band surgery!:rolleyes2:

OH gosh rest servers are bad about that too!! Last night I wanted sushi I think I ate 3 pieces and asked for a box the server was pushing me saying I was eating slow, etc he wasnt rude but thats not the first time Ive had servers comment on my lack of eating.

I am in the habit of messing up my food in resturants so it looks like I have really been digging in lol Just so they stop asking me if everything is ok. lol

It is the family food pushers that get me...My Grandma actualy told One of my cousins that I must think her food is gross because I wouldnt eat her deviled eggs. Thankfuly that cousin knew about the band...and well I got really good about carrying food for all my cousins kids. lol They loved me for sneaking them extra's lol:lol:

*no longer buy fast food because you don't want to waste the money (all you can eat is maybe 2 bites and 2 fries)

*You have to choose between having an egg OR bacon for Breakfast

*the site of bread (or any bread-like product) makes you nauseous (sorry, this one is personal for me, can no longer eat bread, comes back up)

*Compulsively ask other bandsters who have lost lots of weight how they did it

*have to find other things to do because now there is so much free time

*Looking forward to the next cruise for the actual vacation and not the food

:thumbup:

OMG!! I can't wait for the free time :smile2: I hate obsessing over food!! at work we come in, have coffee, munchies, by eleven it's a 2 hr discussion of whats for lunch, who wants what, etc etc etc! bLAAAACH!!

You like your food to be a really HOT temperature, since it takes so long to eat...and you don't want to eat cold food when you have so little of it in the first place.

Before the band, I would eat so fast -- shovel food in my mouth -- it never had a chance to get cold!

One fortunate thing for me is I like my eggs cold (back from when I was nursing my daughter, I never got a hot meal!! LOL) great prep for being banded!