Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You know you are a bandster when....

You know your a bandster when.........your husband is folding the laundry (gasp) and does not know if the underwear he is currently holding are yours or your teenage daughters. BYE BYE GRANNY PANTIES

HA!!! I love this one!:thumbup:

you worry that after you lose all the weight you find out that you really didn't have a such a pretty face after all!!

...you don't want to buy expensive (or even moderately expensive) clothes because you KNOW you won't be wearing them for long...unless you're at goal, and then you can buy anything you want!:w00t:

you worry that after you lose all the weight you find out that you really didn't have a such a pretty face after all!!

Good one!!!! ROFL :blushing::w00t:

In the same vein . . . when you lose all your excess weight and find out that losing some padding around your face makes your wrinkles grow, expand and come alive, lol.

...you don't want to buy expensive (or even moderately expensive) clothes because you KNOW you won't be wearing them for long...unless you're at goal, and then you can buy anything you want!:w00t:

This is soooo true. But just wait until you reach goal. :0)

I reached goal last Summer, spent some money and bought some awesome clothes which still fit like a dream a year later. I even noticed my size 8's are a little baggy now, lol. It is amazing to reach your "too good to be true goal" and maintain long term. I can't wait until the rest of you join me :0)

When you get stuck and PB from a piece of meat that you just toothpicked out of your teeth and swallowed. This actually happened to me today.

That made me laugh so hard I nearly pee'd on myself! Thanks I really needed a good laugh!!!!!:w00t:

...you become your local consignment shop's best customer because you've lost so much weight you bring them all your old clothes, and you keep losing at such a steady rate that you're continually bringing them your new, barely-worn clothes that you bought during your transition!

Oh, and let's not forget that you're in there SHOPPING for new clothes every few weeks because you HATE to pay retail for clothes you're only gonna wear for a month or two!:wink:

You know you're a bandster when even your head feels bony.

TMI alert here....

When you decide to skip dinner just so you can play with the whipped cream and sf chocolate Syrup in the bedroom.... :tongue2:

When you waive to a friend across the street and your watch and wedding ring fly into traffic (both were recovered unharmed).

Having both your keys and your wallet in your short pockets causes you to moon an entire parking lot..... go ahead look .... you know you what too

When you run to catch the bus, actually catch it and not have the driver ask if he needs to call a paramedic.

When your spouse asks you to order something different because they don't like what you ordered and know they'll be having it for lunch the next day.

When you can tie your shoes with them on your feet.

You know you're a bandster when....

...you consume a case of Water in a few days rather then a case of soda

...you are so use to eating so fast that you are done with ur entire meal before anyone else even gets started, but now you are still on your soap while they are finishing their entree

...you are drinking Water at the bar and acting as if it's a gin and tonic so no one knows you aren't drinking alcohol

...everyday people ask, "so how much is it now?"((as in how much weight have you lost))

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches