Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks everyone for sharing these stories. You are all very brave.

One of my worst reoccurring experiences has been riding the bus during rush hour, and even though it's completely packed, having people opt not to sit by me--since my ass was spilling over onto the next seat! The dirty looks from standing passengers made it all the worse. Also, having my ass hit people on the bus when trying to get to the door. So glad that'll never happen again!

I rarely wear panty hose with my skirts any more because of the rub. I've found if I use lotion on my inner thighs then that usually prevents any rubbing when I do wear skirts.

I had to have my DH install a new hand held shower head so I could make sure I am getting myself well rinsed in the shower.

Wow I can so relate.

Who buys those stupid white chairs anyway? I stood up at a party for like 4 hours because all they had were those chairs lol To this day I have the good folding chairs in the trunk of my car. lol

I have to say that it was really nice to tell the flight attendent that I fit into the seat just fine arm rest came down and all so she couldnt bump me off the flight lol AND I sat next to 2 guys and none of us were squished.

Guess my mom was right my butt is smaller lol

Wow. I have also broken a toilet seat. So embarassing. Rides have always been a problem for me. I remember when I was about 17 or 18 trying to ride at a fair (can't remember which ride) the safety closure wouldn't close, so had to get off. SO horrible. I did recently go to Disneyworld at my current weight (325) as well as Universal Studios in FL and had no problems at all! Disney is amazing - they really are built to accept everyone and anyone of any size. Universal COULD have been a problem, but I avoided the rides that looked too snug, The airplane ride to Florida, on the other hand, was uncomfortable as hell. If I hadn't had my skinny nephew to sit next to, I probably would have had to purchase another seat, and I DID have to use the seat belt extender. Another embarassment. I have been big and have been having these embarrasing problems all of my adult life except for a very short stint of an 80 lb loss about 7 years ago..needless to say I gained it all back, and now at 31, I have decided to get the band.

1 month till band land!

I broke my next-door neighbour's dining chair.

And I haven't been able to wear a skirt or dress without leggings underneath since I was about 8.

I have told hubby that if i get to my goal weight and my thighs still touch, I'm getting lypo, for sure!

I wear shorts under my skirts too because of the rub. I have never known what it feels like to walk without my legs touching each other. I often wonder how skinny people do it and how they keep from just falling over. maybe in another year or so, I will know how that works. :rolleyes:

I have had many embarrassing incidents as well.

• I love amusement parks and my daughter does as well. I got on one of the roller coasters and had a panic attack before the ride took off because I couldnt breathe after squeezing into the restraints. I had to hold the ride up and get off.
  • My daughter wanted to go parasailing when we went to the beach. I wanted to go too but when I looked at the weight limit, I was scared to try so I couldnt go.
  • I went to a go-cart track with my grandson and I couldnt fit the seat belt around me. EMbarassing!
  • My family was going out to eat together one nite and we were all going to ride in the same vehicle (SUV). My grandson starting throwing a fit becuase he didnt want me to sit beside him because I was too fat and it was crowding him.
  • I have skipped several social outings with my co-workers because I was ashamed of how I would look. (fishing trips, amusement parks, etc.
  • My daughter loves horseback riding. We have been on several vacations that we could have taken a tour on horseback but I avoided them becuase I thought I was too heavy to ride. I would always make some excuse like "its too expensive" or "we dont have time" because I didnt want to have to say I was just too fat!

I will be enjoying all of these things now. Now I can easily fit on the rides at the amusement park, but I still find myself breaking into a sweat waiting in the line to get on the ride. Amazing!!

I hate knowing anyone has had to experience these kind of things. I too have several Fat stories...... When I was in 8th grade in our band class there had been a chair that had been broke and it stayed against the back wall. Well i had a boy before i sat down say " oh thats the broken one let me change it out for you. Well what he did was actually switch out the good chair for the bad one when i sat down it broke again and i fell to the floor When i got upset about it I was the one who got in trouble bc I had disrupted the class.....

Another one this happened just a few months ago Me my mom and twin sis were at Chilis eating and when we got up to leave this lil boy said "mom look she has BIG legs" I was so embarrased . Not only am i over weight but I also deal with Lymphedema which is swelling of the legs. I got in the car and i was so sad my sis asked me what was wrong i said nothing and of course she knew better i finally told her and mom and started crying and mom was like you shouldnt let that get to you!!!!!