Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Milestone Reached!!!!

Well all, 5 months out, I hit my first goal, which I had set for July, I am very conservative with my weight loss. I am officially at 51 pounds down!!:wink2::biggrin:

Not only that, the doctor said that I didn't need a fill, so no fill today. Its my birthday too, so now I can have the sensible lunch out with the coworkers instead of the Protein shakes today!!!!!

Last night I tried on almost every thing from one side of my closet, and can only save or tailor 8 of 25 outfits. I was crying when I was trying this stuff on and they were too big. Geez, lots of emotions when losing weight that I never thought of.

But today has started out being a fantastic day.:thumbup:

Congratuations on your milestone reached!

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you try on some of your old clothing and it is too big for you now?

Take the time to celebrate!:wink2:

Congrats Chrisann!!! I went last month for my 2nd fill and was told NO! I had lost 12lbs in 6 weeks and that is what DR wants. But, I go on Monday and I have lost only 4 lbs in 5 weeks, so I am going to get a fill this time. I feel great with my progress, I am holding out on new clothes till I get toward my goal more. Luckily, I have been boxing up my smaller clothes as I "grew".

Edited by PeachesPJ
spelling

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news.

I am about 4 pounds away from joining you at the 50 pound mark. I can't wait. Closet shopping is the best, isn't it.

I have also bought some new pants recently because I found that the weight loss is less noticeable when everything is big and baggy. New jeans have brought on a lot of remarks regarding weight loss.

50 pounds is awesome, specially considering birthday and clothing changes as well. Isn't it exciting that this is just one great day out of many yet to come . . . :0) Happy melting to you, la la lala la la :0)

Thanks everyone.:tt2: Had Chinese food for lunch today, took half back to the office, its tomorrows lunch!!

Had just wine and cheese for dinner, and half of a non fat Carvel ice cream Sundae.

Heather, excellent on the workout time for the month of May. You will be down the 4 pounds any day now with all that activity.:thumbup:

Congratulations on reaching what will hopefully be the first of many goals. My birthday was on Monday, so it looks like we are both Gemini's (or should I say all four of us.) I am going on an 14 Day trip to Alaska in July, and really want to do the Ziplines and Helicopter stuff, but I must reach 250 by July 8th. I am working pretty hard to reach that goal, but I think I will fall about 10 pounds short. Surgery date was January 11th, and I am now down 55 pounds. That leaves 25 to go before July 8th.

Heather, excellent on the workout time for the month of May. You will be down the 4 pounds any day now with all that activity.:thumbup:

Thanks, Chrisann. "Intentional" exercise has been my word of the day for the last two months. I have been working my butt off, literally :tt2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRATULATIONS!! *HUGE HUG* that is fabulous, I'm so excited for you and so proud of you :w00t:

I too am almost at 50lbs. When I get there it will be such a double accomplishment because it also brings me in under 200lbs. Congratulations Christian and Heather I know yhou can do it.

Flyman maybe increas the exercise.

Good luck

Thank you for sharing that! Your post is really insperational! You are doing awesome!!:thumbup:

Thanks everyone, you are all getting close. I am figuring 30 more for the rest of the year, so the 50 was big for me.

I am so happy with my progress these past few months. Had a 4oz filet mignon tonite and some grilled veggies and I feel great. Its so cool to finally get the Portion Control down and be satisfied on such a small meal that 7 months ago I would have had as an appetizer.

Great Job. I too have loved going closet shopping or in my case garage shopping. I had a lot of my smaller close in totes in the garage. I now do not need to purchase another pair of capri's for a long time!

I so agree with you about how wonderful it is to be satisfied. It is still so weird to me that now I am able to stop before I am full and still feel satisfied when before I would eat until I was stuffed. It really is wonderful.

Keep up the great work!

Hi Chrisann,

Congratulations to you. I have not lost 50 lbs, probably about 35 so far. This last fill I had 4 weeks ago has been tight. I have to be really careful or I throw up alot. I will not ask for fill next week when I see the Dr. I will get official weight loss this month next week. I am in New York right now and just had Carvel too. I did not think to do fat free, if I have another before I go back to Tucson I will. I am so happy for you. You are doing GREAT! Diane