Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Eva, I am in shock too. I have been glued to the News this evening. I hope they find the other guy. I will be praying for your city and the families of the victims.

Janet, I know my pups hairdresser earns her money. On another note, I fell off the wagon. I had a couple of 100 Snacks today. I still did not go over my pts or calories.

My mother felt a lot better this evening. She should be going to the nursing home for rehab on Monday. I plan on sitting with her tomorrow unless we have a lot of rain. It floods around that hospital.

Phyl, your stories about the trips you take on the scooter crack me up. To heck with the chicken as long as you get the wine right! right? I buy those Steamer veggies or fresh. Oh, about the wine......I finally found a wine I like. It is Sparkling Moscato. I know it is carbonated, but I only drink about 6oz or less. I am going to check out Angry Birds. My DD is addicted to it.

Apples, so glad you made it to your destination for the night. Sweet dreams and Happy Trails tomorrow!

Julie, I am worried about your. You haven't checked in. Are you okay?

Charlene - I think maybe you need to just stick to calories/points and just say you are going to have limited starches - this reporting every day that you have fallen off the wagon isn't working - it has to be messing w/your brain and confidence... For me I know that I could/can not go all day every day w/no starches.. But I plan them - again I don't count carbs in yogurt veggies etc - I just count starches - so Allow yourself 1 meal that contains a starch - if if you want to snack on popcorn - ok - it's better than Cookies - by the 100 cal snack packs.. You can't make this about dieting and imho that's what you are doing - just plan on eating healthy... Can you do that for just 1 day eat healthy and don't diet...

Bella is a little wiggle worm when I am bathing her - Angel and Bear aren't so bad - I don't think I could trim Bella if I tried - I need Phyl';s cousin for her..

Well dinner is done - fish - spinach & rice - Watched Beverly Hills House Wives :0) love that show - dislike Camile ;0)

Apples - May the roads be clean and great weather tomorrow for your trip...

Phyl - Yep you buy smaller bags and some fresh stuff too - hell you guys can go to the store every other day any way - no need to stock up.

DH is just to freaking cheap at time :0)....

Good evening. Just got home from some friends for dinner (one of the couples I had here had us over tonight). We had steak and OMG was it ever good. But she cooked way too big of one for me and I felt bad leaving so much of it on my plate. Oh well. It was a wonderful evening.

DH is busy cooking up a storm in the kitchen, but it's all stuff with his 'critters'. He decided to cook up a bunch of stuff with his deer meat, his pheasants etc. he makes things like stroganoff, chili and stew and then but it in food Saver bags in the freezer in portion size servings. This is actually going to help me a lot as then I just worry about my meal and he gets out a bag of whatever for dinner as I won't eat his critters. LOL (I don't cook it, clean it or anything with it I just tolerate it LOL). He's got about 4 crockpots going now. And I just super cleaned my kitchen when I reorganized my pantry. B)

Arlene, I think Janet has some good advice there about just following a healthy eating plan, this dieting and falling off the wagon has been hard on you. Remember we didn't get banded to follow a 'diet' but to eat a healthy diet in smaller quanities. I'm trying to vary my days, some much lower in calories than others. I am basically watching calories and Protein.

Janet, I have been having a slice or two of deli meat each day when I get the munchies. It's higher quality but will look at the label to check out the sodium in it. Heck, I know I am eating a lot better than I was and the body will have to follow eventually am sure it will lose it much slower the 2nd time. But I'm okay with that, I've stopped the train wreck I was on.

Karen, glad you made such good progress today on your drive and are safely out of the blizzard. Sounds like bad weather coming all over the country tomorrow by all the pages and alerts DH is getting from his company and flights cancelling, places like Atlanta, Memphis, Denver, etc. So far our storm has missed us. Safe travels tomorrow.

I am waiting for a Calcium pill to go down or maybe back up. I usually take the Citracal petites and have no trouble swallowing those. I opened a new bottle tonight and thought the pill was bigger, and yep didn't get the petites, I thought well I will try it anyway. Won't do that again. now I gotta chop them all in half. UGH! Why didn't I notice that? Probably was in a hurry.

Evening all,

OMG I don't remember the last time I was this tired and sore. Debbie and I worked the National Cheerleader Association thing today at the Dallas Convention Center. We worked a food stand. We are doing this as part of a group we belong to called No Walker Left Behind. This is the group we are doing the Susan G. Koman 3 day breast cancer walk with. The company that handles all the food service for the center is paying us a portion of proceeds for our voulenteer work. This is the first real strenuous thing I have done post surgery.

We got there at 8 am and didn't leave there till 8pm. This was the first time we have done this. We used this as a training period before we do the NFL experience the end of the month. The convention center is hosting a 9 day Superbowl party. We will be working our butts off those days. I am actually not that physically tired as much as my feet hurt. BUT before you think I am just hitching I have some good news about it. Not sure if this would be called a NSV or not but I spent 12 hrs standing running a cash drawer and my back never got tired or starting hurting. B4 Lapband I would have been hurting by noon with all that standing and my knees would have been aching. Not so today

Sorry about the post last night. Just have alot on my plate right now. This being off this long has caused some problems. Nothing we won't be able to get through just need to go back to work full time. This 1/3 pay sucks. Shoulder is getting better though. Been able to sleep in the bed since Christmas, not sleeping through the night but am getting more rest than I was. Physical therapy is moving along great. Finally started adding some weight to my workouts. It's been a slow process as there have been some movements that were restricted till last week. My PT thinks mid feb. I hlpe so.

Dad is doing good. He started his treetments this week. Right know he is doing them manually which meens 4 treTments a day. He will start the machine treatments next week. We are going up there on thursday evening for the weekind.

As far as the band goes, it's progressing slow. I have cut back on my portions a lot. Still eating more than I like but it is getting better. I go for another fill this week so hopefully that will help some.

Karen,

Be careful through OK and TX panhandle. We are supposed to be getting winter storm as far south as Dallas. I know the winter crap you ate used too is not near as bad as generally get here but the panhandle can get bad. Have a safe trip and if you guys decide to come a more southerly route than let me know.

As fas as the Chicago get together. I don't think there is anyway Debbie and I could do it this year. Maybe, better yet more than likely, meeting somewhere next year would be great.

Hugs and Love to you all

Chris

Good Morning Everyone.

Good to hear from you Chris and wtg on your back and knees not hurting as bad as they would have prior to surgery-- yes that definitely counts as a NSV and a big one. You're progressing nicely - especially since you had the shoulder surgery at the same time -- and you were so limited in your physical activity - 38 pounds is a huge deal -- that's about 4 sizes -- they say every 10 pounds is a size. Isn't it great to feel so much better and be able to be so much more active? WTG, keep up the good work.

I am in shock about this shooting incident - what a terrible tragedy -- just unbeliveable violence -- really scares me that we have so much violence.

Arlene, I agree with Janet and Great. I think stress makes you weigh more -- I do think it has something to do with it. Just relax, try to eat healthy every day. Hey, at least you are more aware of your eating now and that's a good thing.

We had an absolutely perfect day yesterday in Des Moines. Katie was feeling better and had her brother stay with her and help her with Aylah so we didn't have to take her with us. We wouldn't have minded, but had a lot of stops to make and it's such a pain to drag her in and out of her car seat especially in this cold weather -- was a high of 12 here yesterday. We dropped my Kitchen Aid mixer off to be repaired -- the entire assembly that holds the beater in place fell out last time I used it -- they have to order the new part, wonder how much that will cost me. Really disappointed in this as I bought the "professional" one cause I use it so much for heavy duty stuff. I really haven't used it all that much -- have only had it 3 years. Oh well, hopefully it won't be too terrible. Then we went to Sam's to get stocked up on all our paper products and a few other things -- I was disappointed however that they were out of rotissere chickens -- the next batch wasn't due to be out for almost an hour and we didn't want to wait. The place was an absolute zoo -- and yes, the people crowding around the tasting booths really irritated me this time -- I think it was Janet who said she noticed it at costco last time she went -- they all just rush from booth to booth and grab food and stand there and eat it, blocking the way, etc. They had a stand for tasting the frozen parmesean tilapia but alas, I missed out -- by the time I got close enough the plate was empty and she said it would take 10 mins. until the next batch was done. She looked at me and said, "oh honey, you'll really like it, go ahead and buy it anyway." LOL. So I bought a bag of it for nights when I'm tired and just throwing something in the oven is necessary -- it has 230 calories and 10 grams of fat per each 4 oz. fillet. Looked decent -- will let you know how it is. Have any of you ever bought it? It will be one of those "special" treats for me. I thought it was ironic that the ONE thing I wanted to taste I couldn't taste.

Went to Petco for dog food and treats, stopped at Starbucks (I just had a reguular coffee), and then went to Trader Joe's. OMG - I thought for sure they had a radio dj inside giving something away -- the people were just pouring into the store -- I actually said to my dH "they must be giving money away in here" -- it was unbelieveable. Once inside, you couldn't really even move - it was just wall to wall people all jammed in this tiny store. We got a few items - hummus and apricot chutney and left -- had to stand in line about 15 mins. just to buy that. We shopped at Trader Joe's in southern california and the stores were about 3 times the size of the one here -- but it's been open since last fall, so not sure why it was so crowded. The sales clerk said it's like that all time -- no matter when you shop it's always jammed with people. I said, "well, they need to open another one". SO maybe they will since it's been such a big hit here. But alas, my DH was disappointed cause he was hoping to get his "Italian" olives that they had in So. Cal. and they didn't have them in this store. I'll have to see if I can order them on line. Probably.

Then we went to our Bonefish Grill for dinner and had a fabulous dinner. I had longfin tilapia which is one of their specialities. I splurged and had the one that is topped with lump crab, shrimp and scallops and drizzled with lemon caper butter. OMG it is to die for. Able to eat about half. I usually have plan fish grilled but decided to have a special treat. Also had one crab cake which are very very good -- hand made there out of lump crab as well. They give you two sides with your meal and they have two sides that are very band friendly -- so I had steamed broccoli and steamed mixed veggies for my sides -- and they were perfect. It's nice that a restaurant offers healthy choices for their sides. Again, I just can't say enough good things about this restaurant, I just love it.

Apples, so happy you made it as far as you did -- hopefully after today you'll have great weather.

Janet, glad to hear you got your energy back -- sounds like a good/busy day - feels good to get that kind of stuff done -- I'm lucky that my DH doesn't work and does the vacuuming, etc. But I have plenty to do with keeping kitchen and bathrooms clean and all the dusting. I do miss having cleaning people, but half the time they were missing so much I still had to do some of it, so why spend the money? Now that I've lost the weight I breeze through it.

Melissa, haven't heard from you - hope you are doing okay. Thinking of you.

Julie, same to you. Hope you get some relief and soon.

Janet, yes, Katie had a son who is now 7 -- she lived in Oregon at the time -- they took him away at birth as he was a crack baby -- then gave her an opportunity to go to a rehab WITH him and if she made it through the rehab would have been able to keep him, but alas, she couldn't get through it without breaking rules -- and about 3 weeks before she would have graduated they caught her off grounds with a guy and tossed her out and her baby was adopted by the family who had fostered him at birth. It's an open adoption and she does get pics and a note once a year. He's autistic and has multiple problems and it 's heartbreaking to us as we know her drug use caused these problems. We are so grateful that Aylah doesn't have these kinds of issues and we want to make sure she is raised in a loving environment. If that means we will have to do it ourselves, we will. Katie's going to have to make some tough choices in the very near future. You'd think her near death experience in August would have changed her -- well, it changed her for about 6 weeks -- after that it was back to the same old same old. She's had years and years of counseling, been in at least 12 rehabs -- she's kinda like Lindsay Lohan I guess - just refuses to stop.

Well, I need to get going here -- it's 8:30 -- time to go work out - think I'll do step here at home -- that way I don't have to deal with being out in the 9 degree weather. But, the sun is out -- so that's great!!!

Drive safely Apples and DH!

Love you all.

Linda

Charlene - I think maybe you need to just stick to calories/points and just say you are going to have limited starches - this reporting every day that you have fallen off the wagon isn't working - it has to be messing w/your brain and confidence... For me I know that I could/can not go all day every day w/no starches.. But I plan them - again I don't count carbs in yogurt veggies etc - I just count starches - so Allow yourself 1 meal that contains a starch - if if you want to snack on popcorn - ok - it's better than Cookies - by the 100 cal snack packs.. You can't make this about dieting and imho that's what you are doing - just plan on eating healthy... Can you do that for just 1 day eat healthy and don't diet...

Bella is a little wiggle worm when I am bathing her - Angel and Bear aren't so bad - I don't think I could trim Bella if I tried - I need Phyl';s cousin for her..

Well dinner is done - fish - spinach & rice - Watched Beverly Hills House Wives :0) love that show - dislike Camile ;0)

Apples - May the roads be clean and great weather tomorrow for your trip...

Phyl - Yep you buy smaller bags and some fresh stuff too - hell you guys can go to the store every other day any way - no need to stock up.

DH is just to freaking cheap at time :0)....

Janet, your right! I went off the rails in October when I started following too many plans at one time. I am going to continue to do pts/calories. I have been through so many plans over my life I need to do what is best for me.

TX, Awesome about the NSV! I know what you are talking about. If I get up your way I would like to meet you and your DW. My DH has had gastric bypass so he can relate to weight struggles. He lost 100lb and has remained the same weight for almost a year. Even the weight training has not changed his weight, but he is getting muscles back. He really feels great. I am glad you dad is doing well.....keep us posted.

Lori, Thanks for affirming Janet's suggestion. No matter what, I will weigh on Tuesday. I am going to try to get my mother into the nursing home tomorrow. She told me this morning that she thinks she will be ready for assisted living. Staying in the hospital this time has been her A-ha moment. I haven't even talked to her about the oncologist. We will deal with that when she is stronger.

Eva.....Prayers and Hugs for you today. Everyone in your city is connected in one way or another, and we are connected to you. This tragedy brought back memories of JFK (I was 11 then), Bobby Kennedy, and Ronald Reagan. We come together in these times as a nation and look to God for healing.

I am not going to church this morning. The front is blowing in with thunderstorms. Today we are honoring our state champion 5A football team. The coach goes to our church. There will be about 200 extra people there so I know I won't be missed. When the rain clears I am going to the hospital.

Julie......where are you????

Charlene,

Your down in Houston right? Hopefully I will get back to work soon and will be running my old routes again. If so I will be down there two days a week.

Hugs,

Chris

Good Morning Gang...

Linda sounds like you had a good day - OMG I don't think I could live in that cold ;0) - Trader Joe's are always crowded -we have 3 one in Palm Springs (20 miles) Palm Desert (10 miles) La Quinta (5 miles) I have never been to Palm Springs store Palm Desert Store in a strip mall - not super big and neither is the LQ store - they are out of my way - I rarely go.. I get some of my dog/cat food at Petco (halo) but the little ceazer I get at Target cuz it's cheaper -

Ya unfortunate that SD is an addict - That's a tough one - So Sad - Hugs & Love and glad you are seeing some one... That she's lost one child and can lose another - so very sad and the damage that she did by using while p.g. - but that's an addict - So very hard to understand - we understand addiction - but ours (food) only hurt us..

Your dinner sounds good... Yep it was me and costco - OMG the pigs in those stores act like they have never eaten - let us know how it is - it's always nice to have something on hand when you haven't taken anything out - That happens every now and then - mostly on the weekends when I am busy doing something (out and about) come home and nothing to fix for dinner -

Chris - WTG on your NSV (being on your feet) Once you get back to work - things will get better - too much togetherness ;0)

Charlene - GF this is what I have been preaching since day one - find what works for you that you can live with for the rest of your life - quit treating this as a diet - it's not - it's about eating healthy - smaller portions - exercise..

0h ya - next time you go out to bf don't take the muffin home - leave it on the plate no one needs it -

Well Not much to report - Had dinner - Fish - Spinach - Rice - SF Ice Cream - Took my vitimans & Calcium (omg that stuff is like alli to my system in the morning tmi :0) Watched tv that I recorded...

Up at 6:30 - on 2nd cup of coffee - gym at 10 the normal Sunday Target shopping home -- That's my exciting day :0)

CBL

Morning....just a fly by....need to go to Benson and pickup some kitchen stuff out of the trailer down there.

I've been working on my document so some progress there. I was sort of in shock yesterday, but getting back to normal now. I am still appalled by what happened yesterday, but we we must go forward. What a nice way to greet visitors to our area....geeze, go to the grocery store and get shot. Tucson really isn't any worse than any other city, but it sure sounds like it is now.

Linda, we have four Trader Joes in town and they are all busy. They built a new one and it's nice. The isles are wider and it was built for Trader Joes, the rest of them are converted from other stores. I really like TJ's for dairy, eggs, dried fruit, nuts, olives, and a few other things....oh, I buy dog food from them because my dog has a very delicate stomach and can tolerate that food well. I also buy laundry detergent there but the eco friendly stuff is becoming more widely available.

Okay, gotta run. Will catch up with everyone later.

Eva

I got my reading assignments for the first week of school. While I am working on the reading I realize I get huge munchies. I am trying just to suck on Water or chew gum while I read and study to kick the habit. I have done so good the past few weeks I don't wanna blow it. I also have a doc appt tues. I would like to get down another pound by then. Keep my goals in mind and plan, plan, plan.

I have tendonitis again so am not getting the workouts I am use to. Makes my weight loss slow down. My doctor wants me to focus on food choices anyway. He sees that as my biggest problem still.

I really am not in the mood for another lecture from him right now. I feel like he is expecting perfection in food choices. I have weak moments and I am trying to decrease them and it is working. I am progressing. Maybe slower than others but I am getting it. I am hoping I get his partner on my next visit even though I have done well. I need a break from all the push push. I kicked butt over the holidays and I am not gonna let that be overlooked. I am gonna continue to kick butt too. I do like my Doctor just had too much pushing lately. Reminds me of when I was in therapy the first year. I would have to come home and rest after each session cause I felt so drained. He drains me.

Oh no, I think Janet just called me a pig! LOL I love costco samples. LOL Don't get them often but love to try the new things. DH and I always cruise through when there to check them all out, I only partake if it's something I am interested in though. But have been known to get one anyway to give to DH LOL

We have sunshine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's even melting a little of the snow. They say we may even get above freezing tomorrow I think it is. We've not been above freezing since Dec 29th they said. I don't care so much about that, but we have sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta watch my Packers play this afternoon. They have to win so maybe they can play PHyl's Seahawks next and Phyl and I can cheer our teams on and have a little rivalry. LOL

Phyl, I love Angry Birds. i completed all levels on my ITouch but have it now on my Droid Phone and this time I am not advancing levels until I get all 3 stars, much harder that way! I also downloaded the holiday version.

TX, congrats on the NSV!!! It's amazing how many things we notice getting easier.

Linda, so sorry about your struggles with you DSD I pray she gets the help she needs for real this time. It's one thing when we do things to mess up our own lives but when it affects others especially children so hard to take.

Arlene, how was your DH able to eat the muffin? I thought with bypass they dumped on things like that? Does he not have problems with the dumping? Congrats to him on losing 100 lbs!!

Hi everyone, just checking in!

I'm down another 3 pounds (that was about 5 days ago). That puts me at 50 pounds since day of surgery.Yeah! I have started to walk/jog and in the past week more jogging than walking. Keeping the same route, and doing it twice a day! It is very cold here, about 39 degrees, and no sun whatsoever.

I start school in 12 days and am very excited, I will only be going on Fri.,Sat, and Sun. so I will be able to keep up my exercise program....

Well all for now, hope everyone is doing good!

~Kelly~

Oh no, I think Janet just called me a pig! LOL I love costco samples. LOL Don't get them often but love to try the new things. DH and I always cruise through when there to check them all out, I only partake if it's something I am interested in though. But have been known to get one anyway to give to DH LOL

We have sunshine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's even melting a little of the snow. They say we may even get above freezing tomorrow I think it is. We've not been above freezing since Dec 29th they said. I don't care so much about that, but we have sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta watch my Packers play this afternoon. They have to win so maybe they can play PHyl's Seahawks next and Phyl and I can cheer our teams on and have a little rivalry. LOL

Phyl, I love Angry Birds. i completed all levels on my ITouch but have it now on my Droid Phone and this time I am not advancing levels until I get all 3 stars, much harder that way! I also downloaded the holiday version.

TX, congrats on the NSV!!! It's amazing how many things we notice getting easier.

Linda, so sorry about your struggles with you DSD I pray she gets the help she needs for real this time. It's one thing when we do things to mess up our own lives but when it affects others especially children so hard to take.

Arlene, how was your DH able to eat the muffin? I thought with bypass they dumped on things like that? Does he not have problems with the dumping? Congrats to him on losing 100 lbs!!

Don't feel bad... she told me to go take the dog for a walk, which I interpreted as get off your butt and quit watching football! LOL! I can give her a smack for you next time I see her if you want! HAHAHA!!

Watching the Ravens/Chief... delayed, so it's probably already over but I'm just at half time. Started recording it while we were at church. Now that it's January and the "snowbirds" are here in full force, we've gone to two services. Being in the choir, I have to be there for the early service... then we stay until right after we sing and then we all sneak out. I got in big trouble because when I got home, the dog was waiting outside for me so I took her and went to get the mail. Didn't get it yesterday. I didn't tell Earl I was taking her off the chain because I figured he would hear the back up beeper on the golf cart, and I would only be gone a few minutes anyway. Well... he's pretty deaf and he didn't hear me. And when I went past a mobile where a friend of ours lives, I saw lights on in her place. Haven't seen her at all this season. She came late because of back surgery, then was only here 4 days and left for the holidays. So, I stopped in to say "Hi"! She is 82 yrs old and quite lonely since her husband died a few years ago.. In fact, that's how we got acquainted. We knew them slightly, so when he took ill, we were helping chaplain staff visit sick/elderly so we volunteered to keep in touch with them while Dick was sick. So we visited him numerous times in hospital and nursing home over several months. Sorry... I'm rambling again!! Anyway, she TALKS and TALKS!! She was trying to persuade me to let her make me a sandwich so I got out of it by sayiing I'd have a cup of coffee. She was drinking one, so I figured that was a good idea. But, it wasn't because then she decided to make another pot. My phone was getting a signal over there, so I finally used her land line to call Earl and tell him where I was. WELL, I was in BIG troube. He didn't hear me take the dog, didn't think I'd come home yet and had been driving around the park looking for Zoey!

So.... how did I get from football to that big long story????

Anyway, yes, Lori... would be fun if Seahawks played GB next week!! That was a fantastic game and I don't know if the Seahawks have another one like that in them or not!!

Keep forgetting that you and I have some of the same "toys".... Android phone and iTouch! I have the "Seasons", too. I go back and forth between the two. And I have finished all levels on the phone on the non-seasons game. I played a little on my DIL's iPad when we were there. Funner on the bigger screen, I must say! But I better not think about buying an iPad just so I can play Angry Birds better!! HAHAHA!! It's just an overgrown iTouch! Well, I suppose it has a few extra features. Now there is also a Samsung Galaxy touch pad type device that is a grown up version of my phone and runs on the Android system. I looked at them the other day and don't remember prices, but I'm sure it's much cheaper than an iPad. I already have too many techy toys and what I really need/want (!) is a new laptop.

Multi-quote is just not working for me at all... I think I am doing all the right things because I've used it before since the "CHANGE" happened, but it sure won't work for me the last few times I tried! So then I can't remember what all I wanted to respond to! But I'm sure I wanted to make some smart-a$$ comment to our dear Janet!! LOL

We are making chili this afternoon. I say "WE" because I will let DH put it together but he is NOT allowed to season! So, I peeled garlic and added the seasoning. It tastes GREAT but he will tell me it's too spicy. And I will tell him it's his fault because he wanted to put in a can of Rotel tomatoes!! I won't tell him what I put in!! HAHAHA! I think it's perfect.

How am I doing filling in for Apples??

I love costco samples, too! But I'm glad Janet doesn't come to "my" Costco! LOL! I'd be looking over my shoulder to see if she's there watching what I'm sampling! I do exercise restraint! And I usually have Zoey in my basket (and my service dog tags), and I share things with her! You can't put something in your mouth with those sad eyes looking at you without sharing!! I do like Trader Joe's, too. We go every couple of weeks because DH likes to buy wine there... "Two Buck Chuck"! And I like their white balsamic vinegar. We passed a Trader Joe's in SF last week that had a line of cars out in the street waiting to get in to the parking lot! Friend we were with said it is always that way at that Trader Joe's and they have a traffic director working in the parking lot all the time!

Oh... now I remember what I wanted to say to Janet.... YES, DH is CHEAP!! It gets so annoying sometimes. I told him last night that I AM going to pick out FROZEN veggies next time we go shopping. I want smaller bags so I can have some variety. And the canned ones he's been buying lately have TOO MUCH sodium!! There are NO veggies in the freezer right now, so last night we had canned peas! I had a small filet mignon with that. And some onions and mushrooms... and I got in trouble for putting in probably not even 1/2 oz of wine!! He doesn't know what else I put in there!! HAHAHA!! That's the only hting I admitted to and he was mad because he already put some wine in. I'm not letting him rule MY kitchen with an Iron fist anymore!! LOL! Can't wait 'til he tastes the chili!! He's going to say it's too spicy and I'll tell him it's the Rotel tomatoes!!! We have made it 46 1/2 yrs. Do you think we'll make it to 50??!! LOL!

36_3_28.gif

Okay... I better quit "junking". I think it's time to FF through the rest of this game.. seems the Ravens have it.. so I can go on to the next one. No walk yet, Janet... are you sure I HAVE to??? It's too cold and windy. I could barely stand the golf cart ride! My fingers were freezing! It's 61 degrees, but that wind makes it feel a lot colder.

Kelly, wtg on your exercise and the lbs gone. What are you going to go to school for?

Chris, that is a cool program you guys are doing. Sure helps on the expenses. They used to do that here for the schools at the Lions games. WTG on standing and working that long.

I read a bit about that shooting. It just makes me sick. Where is the value on life any more. Not to far from my area they have shootings and killings all the time. Flint MI is horrible they had 62 deaths last year and Saginaw makes the list for killings per capita. We live in the boonies and this crap should not be happening the way it does.

Hugs and prayers for your Moms that are not doing well and for Katie and Aylah.

Went to a singles party last night so my exercise was dancing the night away. lol

LauraK