ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks gang for all the prayers and hugs. My mom told me last night she is too weak to go back to her apartment. She would rather go to the nursing home section for rehab. This bout of infection has taken her down another notch. She even talked to me about her funeral I wish all of you had a mother like mine. She is my "Mother Teresa".......always concerned about others. I am going with my DS and DGS to visit her today. I hope the doctor does not release her. She had hard chills last night. I know the infection is still working in her system.

Warm HUGS for all of you today!

Morning everyone. Safe travels to Apples and DH. It's gorgeous here this morning -- sun is out bright but a bit chilly -- about 5 degrees but above zero so that's good.

Great, I couldn't get on the sit last night either -- I got some strange message which made it sound like it was something with my computer but because I could get on other sites with no problem, I figured it was this site's problem.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words about my family situation. Janet, you hit the nail on the head -- she has to report it to authorities - which is what we need to have happen and I just pray she does it and soon. But as I said before, she's been in and out of rehabs and even lost her first child due to drugs, so all we can do at this point is pray. Another worry we carry constantly is worrying about her getting pg again.

Anyway, Phyl, glad you are busy and enjoying life -- I can't wait to have that kind of busy in my life too.

Great -- sorry I made you cry but I am so thankful to have you and everyone here to support me and give me kudos. I've never felt so much support and love in my entire life.

Meredith -- how's the food going for you?

Arlene, you on the train today?

Chris, glad you checked in but it doesn't sound good. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers today.

We're planning to drive to des Moines and drop off my mixer to be repaired and then hit Sam's club and a few other stores we like to visit in the "big city". LOL. Probably end up at Bonefish Grill - we love that restaurant. We also have a bbque restaurant we like too that has great meats -- so either one sounds pretty good to me.

Gotta get to it and get to the gym so we can be out of here at a reasonable hour.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Linda

Oh Arlene, we were posting at the same time hugs hugs hugs. Hope you mom improves. She sounds like a wonderful woman and I'm sorry to hear she's not better today If she still has infection, surely the doctor will keep her inthe hospital. Will be praying for her today.

Linda

Good Morning Gang..

My Fur babies are letting me sleep later - I think we went to bed at 11 and they made me get up at 7 !!! I'm taking a multi vitiman - B12 - calcuim I figure it just needs to get in my system, the skin under my rings are turning green - like my jewel is fake (it's not;) but I know when I drink a lot of oj that happens - so I know the vit c in working its self out of my body that it causes my rings to turn my skin green- Laura how long does it take?? Feel pretty good this morning..

Apples - Safe travels today... Ck in when you can...

Linda - OMG she has another kid - who has that child... How freaking sad.... Drugs were the reason I ended up w/Andrew but I was younger and he was older.. Drug are just the worst thing they are destroying so many young pple now a days.. Well all we can do is pray.. It's out of our control and that's hard to deal with expecially when we all are such control freaks and it's so hard to watch a love one kill themselves.. Hugs & Prayers - wish we could do more..

Great - I did get my shoes straighten out so I can walk in my closet and put in a load of towel but that was about it.. - I talked to DS & DIL last night watched a little t.v. on the computer when I got your message I had just sat down at the computer and had the error but closed that server and reopened and was able to get back in..

So far this morning got another load in the wash - kitchen just needs picking up - I need to dust vacuum and mop and wash my sheets - I hate mopping..

Chris - Hugs & Prayer On whatever your struggles are - we are here for you

Tina - Did you go to the Doc on Thurs - I was thinking about that yesterday..

My Mom was jeckel & hyde a little bit of both - I did get love from her (have great memories)- but got shit too(not so nice memories) but again my Mom had some mental issues for which back then they didn't have meds for - So I forgive her for the mean stuff and wish that I would have gotten to know her as a grown up. - My stepmom was pretty good - Once she told me I was too skinny (after I had joseph the doc gave me diet pills I was 150 - went down to 115-120 which truly for my height when you are 16 - 17 is normal weight) that was about the only neg thing she said to me - was very supportive when I was pg w/Joseph.. I think we had a good relationship..

Charlene - Hugs & Prayers - You are so lucky to have a good mom...

Well need to get moving cbl

Arlene, hugs and prayers for your mom. Mine is not doing much better either. I was encouraged the day I talked to her and she said the x-ray was clear, and she was so talkative. But getting text messages from my youngest sister this morning and she is getting concerned. Says the antibiotics don't seem to be helping and she's still quite sick. She fell during the night, too. Doesn't remember falling and my uncle found her on the floor. She didn't get hurt, so thank God for that, but sure would appreciate prayers for her healing. So hard to be so far away.

TOPS open house at our monthly bazaar this morning, so I need to get moving off the couch! Earl went up early to help set up, but our TOPS leader wasn't there yet so he came back. Apple fritters were calling to him and he didn't bring $$ with him!! LOL! Zoey was quite funny. She knows our morning routine. He always takes her to the garbage dump with him about that time in the morning. She heard him go out the door... had just finished eating her Breakfast. So first there was a quiet little "woof", then she went and stared at the door for a few seconds. You could almost hear her thinking, "surely he's coming back to get me!" Then she goes over by the sink like she's checking.... "Hmmm, the bag of garbage is still there!" Then over to his chair... "no, he's really not there"... then stood staring out the door and listening to the golf cart back up beeper. Then she decided if he was leaving without her then she deserved a treat! Came over to me begging for a treat. It's obvious when that's what she wants because she barks, then throws herself "DOWN' on the floor... .one of the things I usually make her do for treats.... "SIT", then "DOWN", then "SHAKE" (shake my hand), and sometimes "DANCE"! She will go through the routine without prompts and bark at me if she wants a treat. Spoiled dog!!

Sent a funny email out today...especially thinking of all of you in "snow country"! If you didn't get it..... here it is again!

I just got off the phone with a friend in Minnesota who called to wish me a Happy New Year. He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

16_4_74.gif 28_4_8.gif 28_4_4.gif

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.... hugs to Chris and others who are struggling with "STUFF"!! Love you all!

Good morning. Had a text from Karen this morning and they are on their way. They had the first 60 miles of unplowed roads but said it was smmooth sailing now.

Glad to hear I wasn't alone (misery loves company LOL) in not getting to the boards last night. I figured it was a site problem but like someone else mentioned the error message said something about it being a problem with my server or something.

Remember that 5 lbs I supposedly lost? Well I weighed today and guess it was a fluke on the scale as it's back today. So far zero, zip, nada. GRRR it came back on so easy. But if I keep doing what I know to do, the scale will have to cooperate.

Arlene & Phyl, best wishes for recoveries for your mothers.

Linda, I'm so sorry you have to deal with the drug issues and your GD. No one is going to make Katie straighten herself out but Katie, no matter how much we wish it. I don't understand why people do that to themselves especially when they have a child, but they do. I'm so glad you are seeing a counselor about it. Hopefully they can help you resolve your feelings. What you said about your mother really resonates with me. I was never good enough for my mom either. I know she loved me and I loved her but I couldn't rake a yard as well as she could or anything else. I'm still working on those issues and I'm not a perfectionist...I think that is genetic and I'm not genetically related to my mother. I think I scared her towards the end of her life because I did do well with my life and I don't think she expected that. HUGS to you and your family.

Arlene, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom but glad she has enough sense to know when she needs help. Prayers for her.

Joyce, Marana is on the north side of Tucson....sort of all runs together. It's sort of a sprawling area.

Hello Chris, sorry about the suckiness!

Janet, maybe you are having after holidays blahhhhhhsssss. I believe because we have nothing to look forward to in the short run, we get a little depressed and/or we run around so much during the holidays the slower pace afterward brings us down. You'll perk back up soon, I have no fear of that. Not being perky for a while will recharge your perkiness and you'll come back as bubbly as ever.

Phyl, prayers for your Mom too. Man it's hard to deal with failing parents. Zoey is so cute and yes they are smart. Glad you are back in the desert.

Lori, sorry about the 5lbs, but they'll come off again. I find it interesting that our Mom's have such on influence on us and our lives either way, good or bad. You know you are a beautiful woman and should not feel inadequate in any way. When I visited SLC I remember those inversions you get. I couldn't believe how ugly it was in town, but drive up to Park City and it's beautiful.

Our dinner with our friends was very nice and I only ate 1/2 of it. They really like to talk and it is always interesting. They are older than us, late 60's - early 70's and we never have a problem relating to them. They also have no children so I think they enjoy our company because we aren't gushing about the grandkids all the time like most of their other friends. It's not like they don't enjoy kids, they just didn't have any.

So I'm going to work today on Ron's stuff and I started vacuuming...my house is a mess again and I need to dust and vacuum. You do realize I don't like house keeping. It's a never ending cycle....yuck. I'd rather pour concrete.

Okay....off to the trenches. Check in later.

Eva

I went out with some of my friends this morning and had breakfast....scrambled eggs and a sausage link. I brought the muffin home to DH. My mother won't be released till Monday then she will go to the nursing home for rehab. I think staying in the room 24/7 is giving her sundowner's. She seems to be confused. My DS is sitting today and I will go tomorrow.

Phyl, Prayers for you and mom. I know it must be tough to be so far away especially being a nurse. How old is she?

Loris, yep, those lbs are always easy to find. UGH! Thursday I was down 4....today I back up two. I am thawing out some Angus burgers for dinner. I will eat a patty and a green salad. My weight really fluxuates with our weather. Warm....it's up.....front moves in....I lose about 2 in Water weight. I will weight on Tuesday at WW. It is what it is......now for lack of trying. Chew! Chew!

Linda, I am so glad you are talking to someone about your family issues. Substance abuse is in all families. It can turn people into monsters......and the children are the ones who suffer the most. You are your DGD's saving grace. I can tell from the pictures you have posted that she feels very safe and secure with you. HUGS!!! and Prayers!!!

Joyce, the spa sounds wonderful. If you get together in Tucson I want to here all about it. I could use a good massage right now. Have one for me!

Janet, my fur baby went to the clip joint today. I told her he was shedding and she put a slicone pack on him. I think it is suppose to help with it. He looks so cute in his neckerchief. I haven't taken Vitamins since all my mama drama. I gotta start back today. I don't want to break that resolution.

Tx......sorry you are having some struggles. Don't let them sidetrack you off of your weight loss journey. The first thing you will turn to is food in times of trouble. Hang in there!

Apples......Happy Trails!

Just found out one of our Congresswomen was shot in the head at a grocery store "Congress on your Corner" event. I really like this person (Democrat) and she did represent our corner of the state. This is very disturbing. Somewhere between 15-19 people shot...maybe 5 dead so far....no one is reporting clear details yet.

Oh Eva, how very frightening and tragic. What is happening to our world?

Just found out one of our Congresswomen was shot in the head at a grocery store "Congress on your Corner" event. I really like this person (Democrat) and she did represent our corner of the state. This is very disturbing. Somewhere between 15-19 people shot...maybe 5 dead so far....no one is reporting clear details yet.

So glad to hear that those preliminary reports of her death were incorrect. Now they are saying the neurosurgeon is very optimistic about her chance of recovery. So sad about the others who died, especially the 9 yr old girl! Wonder what possessed this young man to do such a thing! reprehensible!! And yes, VERY disturbing!

HELP!!

I am wanting to MUNCH!! Watching Seahawks game. Just had a very small bowl of pita chips w/hummus and salsa. Feeling FULL but still wanting to graze!! Good thing there are no Cookies or chocolate available!! I will sip my wine and put the munching out of my mind!

I can't hear the voices!!!

LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!

18_1_215.gif

I told you all this morning that my Mom is still sick... someone wanted to know how old she is... 88 1/2 yrs old. Every time she gets a cold it hits her very hard. And this one started with a couple of days of vomiting/diarrhea, so she was already weakened. The antibiotics are doing NOTHING, so a virus, no doubt. Worries me that she fell, and that she doesn't remember it, or why she was going in the living room in the middle of the night. Uncle doesn't know how long she was on the floor. He woke up and noticed she wasn't in bed and went looking for her. Don't ask.... well, you can if you want. No big deal.... they've been together about 13-14 years now... my Dad's youngest brother. They fell in love after my Dad died. Financially detrimental to get married. So.... whatever! It is Biblical for a man to take care of his brother's widow! :)

He and I get along about as well as he got along with my Dad, and that's not good!! HAHAHA!! :blink:

Apples isn't here to junk up the thread so I will try to do my part to fill in, as per her wishes!! So.... Red Hat meeting today and we covered everything that usually takes 2 hours in 1/2 hr!! Queen is away! Love her to pieces, but she rambles on in all directions! So sad, but she is in WA for her husband's funeral. Did find out that my suspicions were correct.... more than just a stroke. After the assumed "stroke", they found a golf ball size tumor in his brain that was inoperable. That's why they moved him to a hospice facility. And he was gone 10 days later. She didn't leave until a couple of days ago and she'll be back ASAP. She says this is her "home" now. I am still having trouble dealing with the fact that he is gone. Not that we all were close friends. I just keep thinking... 3 weeks after we were decorating at the hotel for our Christmas party, and out to lunch afterward, he was dead. I was wearing my Elvis shirt that day... that we all bought when we were in Canada for our LBT 7's reunion in 2009. And he kept pointing at it and telling me... "January 8th"! Elvis' birthday... which is today., so Roger has been especially on my mind today, and I smile when I think of him saying that over and over, "January 8th"!

I guess Roger was an Elvis fan.

R.I.P. Roger, AND Elvis!!

5_5_137.gif

Well, I think I will play "Angry Birds" for a while to keep my hands busy!! LOL! Can't eat if you're pushing buttons! It is a highly addictive game.... rather ridiculous, I suppose.... The "pigs" have stolen the birds eggs, so you have to dive the birds at them to kill them and get the eggs back!! At least, I've been told that is the object! Unfortunately I have it on both my Android phone and my iTouch, so when one battery goes dead, I can start charging it and play on the other device!! Hate to admit this, but I spent most of the 8 hours in the car coming home on Thursday playing ANGRY BIRDS!! It was a beautiful day and I saw very little of the scenery!

Seahawks are holding their own. Maybe I should pay closer attention. I assumed they would lose. I have a Fantasy team in my DIL's league on NFL.com. She advised me not to pick any Seattle players for my team because they would undoubtedly lose! So I picked several New Orleans players and NO Seattle players. The ones I would have picked have already scored!!! GRRRRR! I should've remained loyal to my team! I won't listen to Kellie when I pick my team for next week!! HAHAHA!!

OH.... how about this??!!! Now... I know I have a way to go on my weight loss yet, but this lady at Red Hats wanted to take a photo of all of us who showed up to show our Queen that we're holding it together while she's gone. So we're getting lined up to pose for the picture and the lady with the camera points to me and tells me, "you LITTLE ones need to get in front"!! LITTLE???? I probably haven't been called that since I was about 3 yrs old!! Short maybe, but not little!! And I'm NOT little, but it was nice that SHE thought so!! LOL! So I was DEFINITELY smiling for the picture!!

WOO HOO!!

Seahawks just tied the game.

And I put Zoey on my lap...

can't eat when she is there or she wants me to share!

Better than Angry Birds!

What did I ever do without my Zoey!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, it is quiet on the thread today.

I've been watching CNN but finally had to give it a break. Not only is there all the hate rhetoric on one side, now there will be a response to it. All it does is create more hate. As I've posted on FB....this all scares me.

Phyl, I know what you mean about wanting to eat....me too....very emotional today. It is my choice not to eat, right?

I've been working on the document. I've made some progress....not done, but at least there is some progress.

Not much else going on today....still in shock.

BBL

Eva

Wow, it is quiet on the thread today.

I've been watching CNN but finally had to give it a break. Not only is there all the hate rhetoric on one side, now there will be a response to it. All it does is create more hate. As I've posted on FB....this all scares me.

Phyl, I know what you mean about wanting to eat....me too....very emotional today. It is my choice not to eat, right?

I've been working on the document. I've made some progress....not done, but at least there is some progress.

Not much else going on today....still in shock.

BBL

Eva

Yes, pretty quiet today!! Wonder where everyone is!?? Joyce was here, and you and me!

I had one of those little cheese rounds... 30 calories and 2 30 calorie Wheat Flat bread crackers. But, alas, probably too much wine. Just sipping, but.... several hours of sipping adds up! Earl is about to broil us some steaks. I have made a strong statement regarding vegetables! He is SO thrifty that he insists on buying huge bags of frozen vegetables. Our RV freezer is so small that means we can only have ONE vegetable in the freezer at a time. So..... that means, we eat the same vegetable for about a month before we can go on to something else. OR.. we eat canned vegetables, some of which I don't mind, but please... I prefer vegetables. I have suggested that perhpas I could be in charge of shopping for vegetables!!!???? I like VARIETY, and I prefer frozen... so... it would be my choice to buy small bags of several different vegetables, even though the price might be a little higher per lb!! GRRRR! Next time we go shopping, I'm buying vegetables. Yesterday I was assigned the task of going to costco while he went to Walmart. I was to get mushrooms, Sesame salad dressing, chicken thighs and bread. Well, don't you know I bought the WRONG chicken!!???? Who decides that it was WRONG????? I bought boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I was told that the ones with bones and skin are $1 a pound cheaper!! Do I care???? NO!! LOL! I was on my scooter because it's easier to mange groceries and the dog if I am on my scooter. So first thing I did was go and get a tall, skinny cardboard box that I could put behind my legs. Then I carefully packed it with all the things he wanted plus 2 bottles of wine and a bag of pita chips. And then I had to ride the scooter across the highway to Walmart...stopping at the bank to deposit some checks and at Starbucks on the way. On and off the scooter several times, very carefully so as not to knock off the big box of groceries. And when I got to Walmart I caught flack from buying the WRONG chicken, and for the pita chips because he bought corn chips! I remember when I was in charge of shopping and cooking, etc!! I need to assert my RIGHTS!!!! LOL

BUT.... WOO HOO.... Seattle Seahawks beat the Super Bowl champs today!! WOW!! SHOCKING! Well-played game by both teams, but I'm glad the Seahawks won!!

Watching the ABC news reports on the shootings. Just so terribly upsetting! I hope she recovers!! Seems like a wonderful woman and legislator... and, as I'm sure you know, I am a Republican. This supersedes all politics! Democrat/Republican has nothing to do with this terrible act of violence. They say she is a fighter! Hoping she has the fortitude to fight her way back from this.

Glad you are making progress on your projects, Eva! Thinking of you today as I know this shooting is hitting you especially hard being right there in the Tucson area. HUGS to you!

Hello from Concordia, KS. I think if we calculated right, we did about 550 miles today and have been hanging in the room for a couple of hours already. Tanker handled the trip well and is now laying on the bed with daddy. We brought his bed in the room with us so he will have to go to it when bedtime comes....no sleeping with that 100lb dog. We wouldn't sleep.

Eva...heard of the shooting when we were checking in. Horrible. I just have such a tough time understanding things like this and what goes through someone's mind while doing the shooting and the horror that goes through the victim's mind. Poor families.

And, nothing wrong with not liking housework...I have come to the point that I would go back to work just to hire it done. I am truly burned out on it as I am sure we all are. Go pour some concrete if that's what makes you happy. Everything waits till the next and the next or until you feel you want to get to it.

Great...try not to get disgusted about the scale. In fact, keep working like you have been and don't get on the scale for a week. Put it away and don't be tempted. My weight fluctuates from day to day and sometimes by 4-5lbs...usually depends on sodium intake.

OK...DH is being patient while I caught up on posts and am sure he would like to check his "Ag Talk" site. Phyll and Arlene, prayers for you mothers. Hope they both can turn the corner soon. Hugs.

Good night. Talk to you all tomorrow night if possible. popcorn time. Tanker says.

Phyl Good job on Junking up the thread Phyl !!!!blink.gifblink.gifblink.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifI read earlier - then went to turn on the news after Eva's post - OMG how sad - At least they think she's going to be ok - but 6 dead - how very sad - Prayers for all those families...

Great have you been eating anything w/salt - Pick one day and weigh in on that day ONLY .. Deli meat has a lot of salt

You are right just keep trucking and it will come off - Yep it's hard to get it off again- A good thing to keep in the back of your mind when you want too many unplanned treats - That's sorta my theory any way ...

Eva - I better today... I've gotten the whole house cleaned - vacummed mopped sheets & quilt washed and put back on the bed - took a shower - put on clean jammies and going to head to the couch..

I agree w/you on cleaning the house - but gotta say I feel so much better when I can find stuff - I'm bad about not hanging up my clothes after washing - then I can't find what I want to wear - I have 1 maybe 2 loads to do still...

Phyl - Hugs on feeling the loss of your friend - sometimes things hit us like that...

Angry Birds - yes play don't eat...

That frontier - cityville & farmville for me - I don't eat at the computer - so another reason I am always on it - instead of on the couch - the couch makes me hungry ;0) - Hugs on Mom hope she gets better soon

Charlene - besides all that cleaning - I have washed and brushed 3 dogs !!! Trimmed Angle & Bear a little - Now I see why it takes the groomer so long to groom 3 dogs ... Glad DS & GS are sitting w/your Mom - hope she feels better soon..

Well gang I'm hungry - all I have had today is coffee - Water - juice - Fish & veggies for dinner - think I'll go have some popcorn and read for a bit - CBL