Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang! We all met at DS's for Christmas. Yes, I overate. Then after gifts were open my DS cranked up seventies music and him, his wife, and the kids started dancing to the BeeGee's. I had gotten DGS Michael Jackson wii game and a hat and glove. So they had to put Thriller on and dance . We had a good time. I told the kids we were going on a cruise next year. It was cool with them.

Janet, how cool to find an article with your dad talking about his date farm. Do you still have that property? Yep, I ate some lace Cookies. I was hungry because I had taken a muscle relaxer the night before. I am really hurting from the front blowing in. I am not going to church today. The cold wind will just agravate my FM. Anyway, today is a chill day for me. I quit shopping after Christmas years ago.

I will check in later.

Janet-cool article. Bet you wish you had that money! Farming anything is never easy.

I made mashed potatoes to take to my sister's yesterday. I forgot how much work they are and how long everything takes. Thought I'd leave the skins on but then ended up fishing them out. Red potato skins don't taste good. Then tried hand mashing first. Can't do that to long because of my neck. Then fished then out of the crockpot to use beaters. Still lumpy but OK. But they cooled off too much so transferred to microwave then back to crockpot. What a mess! Had to change my clothes, and had to leave kitchen with mashed potatoes drying on the counter, the cabinets, the floor, the microwave. Took me a lot of soaking to get it all off this morning.

Have I ever said that I really hate cooking? I like doing meat. Pan-frying, grilling, roasting. Just put on seasonings and do it. Carving turkey is a pain, but I love to "test" the meat and stuffing while I'm doing it. Veggies that I can pressure cook are easy enough. But I never make casseroles or mashed potatoes or anything that involves more than two steps or a lot of pans or that leaves a huge mess. I don't bake at all. I gave that up after the kids weren't small anymore and I started working. Never baked anything more complicated than chocolate chip Cookies. I'm sure if I hadn't hated cooking and baking so much I'd have ended up weighing an additional 100 lbs.

I feel sorry for those of you who enjoy it and then can't eat it. I don't understand watching the food channels at all. Just looks like a lot of unnecessary work to me. They always seem to be working with sea food or green peppers of which I am not a fan. A nice pan-fried (no coating, just seasoning and a spray of olive oil) fillet of fish is simple and delicious. But I've never likes the taste or texture of other sea food. Too rubbery. And I'm one of those people to whom green peppers taste horrible. I read that some people taste a flavor in them that others don't and its extremely bitter to us. Grapefruits have that same taste to me. I also don't like semi-raw vegetables. I always think, why bother cooking them? They're luke-warm and still crunchy and you can't even get a fork in them. I'll eat raw leaves-spinach, and the various lettuces (not iceberg) but I leave out all other raw vegetables. Again, its a taste and texture thing.

I do like seasonings and sauces, just leave out the semi-raw vegetables. Soups with plenty of meat and well-cooked veggies are great. Don't need or want the Pasta or potatoes in the Soup. But Soup is a lot of work so I don't make it. And most places put in mostly Pasta. So not a good choice with the band. I pick onion soup at restaurants a lot cause you can take out the croutons or ask them to not put them in and the onions are well-cooked. The cheese adds Protein and its a good choice.

So I don't know why I'm on the subject of food, other than that I really pigged out the past two days. Got another party tonight and Tuesday night. But I think these will be less goody heavy. Will have to do a total carb elimination after next Tuesday night. Back on the Protein train.

Debating whether or not to go to the 10:30 church service by myself or not. My husband works midnight to 8:30 early Sunday morning and I didn't feel like going to the 9:00 service with him cause I was still cleaning up mashed potatoes. So he's in bed so he can go to his daughter's later this afternoon. I just feel like going and walking at the community center and then taking a hot bath. I think I'm doing a little church withdrawal. I'm usually in every service during the Christmas season but I've been so busy and our music has been so disappointing that I'm not inclined to participate that much. Used to be I would have been in there trying to rescue and support the choir director, but I'm tired of being "Old Faithful." Let the congregation and the pastors start to deal with the lack of support and participation the music ministry has had.

I think I'm still grieving for my students, too, I haven't been feeling really connected at our church--partly my own fault--but I usually enjoy the sermons and participate in the music, but somehow, right now, they don't seem to be what I need. I'd rather write about my grief and cry by myself than be with people who don't know how to allow you to just grieve and sit with you through it. People are uncomfortable with other's grief. They want to talk them out of it.

Somehow my grief is all entwined with my parents aging and increasing dependance, and my daughter's anxiety and depression and anger at me, and the constant threat that Roseland Christian might have to close its doors and abandon its ministry. We're going to have to do some combination classes next year to continue to survive. So, maybe a 4th/5th split, or a 1st/2nd grade split. That means some teachers will leave and some parents will pull their kids. Places like Roseland are the first hit by a recession, the hardest hit, and the last to recover. Unless we can get the tuition down, we will not bring in new students.

So, amidst the joy and fun of Christmas, runs an underlying theme of sorrow. I think that's true for many of us. but the hand of the Babe of Bethlehem is the hand of God that reaches out and pulls me through.

Love,

Cheri

Good Morning Gang....

Well I ate too much yesterday too - heck I did good for dinner - fish/veggie - then had about 5 xmas Cookies - woke up in the middle of the night w/a tummy ache and the runs - this morning when I got up the last 3 Cookies went in the trash..... I'm done..

Cheri - LOL the foods you don't like and not liking the food channel - I think most of us use to watch it 24/7 - not that we always made the food - to many ingredients that aren't in the house - but it still would make us hungry and we would make something else instead. LOL on your mashed potatoes - I always use a beater now a days - but I like smooth creamy potatoes ;0).. Ya how did you get obese if you don't like to cook LOL - I got fat on eating home cooked foods,..

Yes Charlene - we have 4 ranches left - 3 are leased and on has old trees on it that can't be farmed,, I thought it was such a gift to just accidentally run across it while searching for my nephew - He's James Wright the 3rd ;0)

Well, don't know what I am doing today - other that take a shower - didn't ever get out of my jammies yesterday - may hit Winco - I need fish and run buy Target and I have a gift card for Marshalls ;0) but hell I feel like a bloated pig today - not the best time to try on clothes

Good Morning Gang....

Well I ate too much yesterday too - heck I did good for dinner - fish/veggie - then had about 5 xmas Cookies - woke up in the middle of the night w/a tummy ache and the runs - this morning when I got up the last 3 Cookies went in the trash..... I'm done..

Cheri - LOL the foods you don't like and not liking the food channel - I think most of us use to watch it 24/7 - not that we always made the food - to many ingredients that aren't in the house - but it still would make us hungry and we would make something else instead. LOL on your mashed potatoes - I always use a beater now a days - but I like smooth creamy potatoes ;0).. Ya how did you get obese if you don't like to cook LOL - I got fat on eating home cooked foods,..

Yes Charlene - we have 4 ranches left - 3 are leased and on has old trees on it that can't be farmed,, I thought it was such a gift to just accidentally run across it while searching for my nephew - He's James Wright the 3rd ;0)

Well, don't know what I am doing today - other that take a shower - didn't ever get out of my jammies yesterday - may hit Winco - I need fish and run buy Target and I have a gift card for Marshalls ;0) but hell I feel like a bloated pig today - not the best time to try on clothes

BOXING DAY JOKE for you all.....

> A 54 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.

While on the operating table she had a near. SeeingGod, she asked "Is my time

up?"

God said, "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift,

liposuction, breast implants and a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

She even had someone come in and change her hair color and brighten her teeth!

Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as

well make the most of it.deathexperience

After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossingthe

street on her way home,she was killed by an ambulance.

Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43

years? Why didn't you pull me from the path of the oncoming ambulance?"

(You'll love this)

God replied: "Shit! I didn't recognize you."

Hey guys

Well, today was a drag. I'm so happy for everyone and that you had such a great Christmas with your families. The only people really left in my family to have Christmas with is Dad, and sister. Dad was in Canada and Sister in L.A. My kids were at their dads this year...it was dads turn for Christmas since we had them last year.

A very lonely Christmas indeed. It was just us and we just had a quiet day. No dinner, no presents, no kids, no nothing...i laid in bed part of the day just feeling sorry for myself but then got up, played my game a little and got on lbt and read some stuff in the forums.

I made Curry chicken for dinner, very lite and nearly fat free. 9 points total for a serving. Yummy and good for you. Here is the basic recipe:

Curried Chicken

2 Onions peeled and diced into medium pieces

I clove of garlic diced

2-3 Cups of skinless boneless chicken Breast cubed

1.5 cup up fresh carrots (sliced carrots)

1 cup of green peas (frozen is best)

1/2 cup of rasins

2 cans of fat free chicken broth

1/8 cup of flour

3 tablespoons of Mild or Hot curry powder

Directions: Cut up Chicken into cubes and saute with Onion and garlic pieces. Add a little curry tossed into the garlic, onion and chicken. When chicken and onion are cooked add Carrots, peas and raisins. Add broth and remainder of curry powder. Cook until veggies are done (soft) and then put flour and about 1/16 of a cup of Water into a shaker. shake the flour and Water. Slowly pour into curried mixture to thicken to your desired thickness.

Super easy and super good. If you have any questions let me know im not a recipe writer haha im not sure of all the correct terms for the different ingredients. It serves about 5 people. I use about 1 cup of the mixture as a serving. I put it over rice about 1/2 cup of rice then pour the mixture over my rice. Its yummy. You can buy pita pockets too that are great with it. i know you cant eat as much as i can right now of course but its super low fat for anyone who hasnt had surgery yet. If you get the mild curry there is no spice to it either for those who have had surgery already.

Anyway, it sounds like everyone had a great Christmas, it was really weird not celebrating this year...we used to have some really nice family Christmas's. With Mom gone its just not the same.

Laters,

Tina unsure.gif

Tina; thanks for the recipe ... it sounds yummy, I might just make it today!!!

Sorry your Christmas was lonely.. that`s why its good to come onto the site : -)

I am from Canada, where is your DAD located?

Cheri.......AMEN! We take comfort in the Babe of Bethlehem amidst all the sorrows in this world. This is not our eternal home. I can go on because He Lives although many times I don't act like it.

Janet, wow you have a lot of property. One day there will be a buyer that will give you a price you can't turn down. I know what you mean about feeling bloated. I am too. I had a Protein Drink so far. I am gonna push Water and Protein today and hopefully lose those bloated lbs. OH, and walk too!!!

My back feels better. I am waiting for my two DGDs . My DD and her DH want to go out for a peaceful lunch. We did not want to go....too many temptations. I will settle for entertaining the babies.

Cheri

Hugs on your grief - I hear what you are saying about pple not knowing how to deal w/it I think it's cuz we want to fix it.(just like I'm trying to do right now lol)-. When I am feeling like you are - I tend to stay away from pple.. Take a day to grieve (or a couple) really grieve - cry get mad write - you gotta give into it - to be able to move forward -

BOXING DAY JOKE for you all.....

> A 54 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.

While on the operating table she had a near. SeeingGod, she asked "Is my time

up?"

God said, "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift,

liposuction, breast implants and a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

She even had someone come in and change her hair color and brighten her teeth!

Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as

well make the most of it.deathexperience

After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossingthe

street on her way home,she was killed by an ambulance.

Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43

years? Why didn't you pull me from the path of the oncoming ambulance?"

(You'll love this)

God replied: "Shit! I didn't recognize you."

Peaches - that was too funny

Peaches.....good to see you posting again. That joke is too funny!!

Tina, I am sorry for your Christmas. Next year will be a whole new you.......start planning to make a new kind of Christmas2011. HUGS!

Yeah, life goes from the sublime, to the ridiculous, to the dreadful. My Christmas concert was sublime. The mashed potatoes were ridiculous, and my students deaths were dreadful. If I'm not going to get into the food over any one of these I have to fully experience and be present in all situations.

One thing I learned this Christmas that I intend to use going forward, is that playing games relieves social anxiety. I hate sitting around and just talking. I keep getting up and replenishing my plate because I need to move around and do something. I had great parties at my house and less anxiety because of playing "Catch Phrase." My sister had an old version of the game at her house and we even played it last night. She hauled it out after hearing me talk about the fun we'd had and how I'd meant to take my game with just in case. My poor father, with his Alzheimer's was terrible at it and my mother wasn't much better. She just couldn't think fast enough. But Kris's teenage girls played with us, and even Olivia, who has expressive language issues, did pretty good. The Wii has a similar effect for people. I didn't used to be a game player, but I've been having fun with this game. It's good for people with ADHD because it moves so fast. I even can stand up and move around a lot when its my turn or if I want to hear someone on my team give their clues. Then I can focus and concentrate. Charades can be fun and pictionary, too.

So Janet, when I say I eat in order to sit still, and I eat to relieve my social anxiety, and I eat in order to focus or concentrate, you can see part of the reason why I gained weight. I live in fear of impulsively saying the wrong thing. It goes with the ADHD. Thought in head comes out the mouth with no filter. Person is offended and relationship is damaged. food in mouth becomes the filter. Food also helps me fight the claustrophobia of being confined. I need to move. I am very restless. The food and the extra weight helped me stay in one place which is much more acceptable socially. Sometimes at work, in order to stay in the room and keep teaching, I have to have something in my mouth to suck or chew or crunch. Trying to keep those choices healthy is hard. I have to eat to the point of satiety, where something in my brain finally goes "Click" before I can focus. So food is my ADHD medicine.

I am giving myself permission to move around a lot more, and now that the weight is off its much easier. I remind myself that I don't need to stay and talk to people. I go in another room to get away. I don't have to sit around. If I need to circle aimlessly between groups its OK. At school I have a cup of coffee in my hand constantly and I'm constantly running upstairs to the microwave to reheat it. Then I set it down somewhere and lose it and spend time finding it. I teach standing and circling a lot more than I did.

I'm debating whether or not I need to get on meds again for the ADHD. I have a lot of compensating behaviors but the food is really hard to stay out of. Impulsive eating to medicate my ADHD has been the chief culprit for my weight troubles. I'm going to the Dr. on Tues. and I'm going to talk to her about it. The urge to eat has just been overwhelming and I don't want to undo all the good I've done.

Cheri

Yeah, life goes from the sublime, to the ridiculous, to the dreadful. My Christmas concert was sublime. The mashed potatoes were ridiculous, and my students deaths were dreadful. If I'm not going to get into the food over any one of these I have to fully experience and be present in all situations.

One thing I learned this Christmas that I intend to use going forward, is that playing games relieves social anxiety. I hate sitting around and just talking. I keep getting up and replenishing my plate because I need to move around and do something. I had great parties at my house and less anxiety because of playing "Catch Phrase." My sister had an old version of the game at her house and we even played it last night. She hauled it out after hearing me talk about the fun we'd had and how I'd meant to take my game with just in case. My poor father, with his Alzheimer's was terrible at it and my mother wasn't much better. She just couldn't think fast enough. But Kris's teenage girls played with us, and even Olivia, who has expressive language issues, did pretty good. The Wii has a similar effect for people. I didn't used to be a game player, but I've been having fun with this game. It's good for people with ADHD because it moves so fast. I even can stand up and move around a lot when its my turn or if I want to hear someone on my team give their clues. Then I can focus and concentrate. Charades can be fun and pictionary, too.

So Janet, when I say I eat in order to sit still, and I eat to relieve my social anxiety, and I eat in order to focus or concentrate, you can see part of the reason why I gained weight. I live in fear of impulsively saying the wrong thing. It goes with the ADHD. Thought in head comes out the mouth with no filter. Person is offended and relationship is damaged. food in mouth becomes the filter. Food also helps me fight the claustrophobia of being confined. I need to move. I am very restless. The food and the extra weight helped me stay in one place which is much more acceptable socially. Sometimes at work, in order to stay in the room and keep teaching, I have to have something in my mouth to suck or chew or crunch. Trying to keep those choices healthy is hard. I have to eat to the point of satiety, where something in my brain finally goes "Click" before I can focus. So food is my ADHD medicine.

I am giving myself permission to move around a lot more, and now that the weight is off its much easier. I remind myself that I don't need to stay and talk to people. I go in another room to get away. I don't have to sit around. If I need to circle aimlessly between groups its OK. At school I have a cup of coffee in my hand constantly and I'm constantly running upstairs to the microwave to reheat it. Then I set it down somewhere and lose it and spend time finding it. I teach standing and circling a lot more than I did.

I'm debating whether or not I need to get on meds again for the ADHD. I have a lot of compensating behaviors but the food is really hard to stay out of. Impulsive eating to medicate my ADHD has been the chief culprit for my weight troubles. I'm going to the Dr. on Tues. and I'm going to talk to her about it. The urge to eat has just been overwhelming and I don't want to undo all the good I've done.

Cheri

HUGS, Cheri, I can hear the anxiousness in your post, and I sympathize... I have no pearls of wisdom ( I am really not that wise) Just know that we LOVE you hear unconditionally and if you need to pour it out here it is a SAFE forum for that outlet.

Best Wishes!

Candice

Tina; thanks for the recipe ... it sounds yummy, I might just make it today!!!

Sorry your Christmas was lonely.. that`s why its good to come onto the site : -)

I am from Canada, where is your DAD located?

My dad is in London Ontario area...

You are right. Next year is a new year! I hope my week gets better , today sucks too. Me and my spouse are fighting....again. Gosh seems all we do anymore, idk where that will lead. Thanks for your responses guys.

Laters

Tina

Well I'm back from shopping short trip wasn't in the mood - went to target got washing soap & softener - then to stater brothers - got stuff to make a pot of pinto Beans - hearty creamy Protein - it's on the stove waiting for winter pjs to dry - going to change and hit the couch ..

Tina - that's the reason I stay single - I have had enough drama in a lifetime w/men - so it's just me and my dogs & cat

Hope it gets better...

Cheri - Even without having ADHD we all medicate w/food - but today I am not ;0)...

xoxo to you all - like I said - my Beans are cooking - dry just rang so I am off to the couch and no junk food ;0) can't wait for my beans to be done ;0).

Well I'm back from shopping short trip wasn't in the mood - went to target got washing soap & softener - then to stater brothers - got stuff to make a pot of pinto Beans - hearty creamy Protein - it's on the stove waiting for winter pjs to dry - going to change and hit the couch ..

Tina - that's the reason I stay single - I have had enough drama in a lifetime w/men - so it's just me and my dogs & cat

Hope it gets better...

Cheri - Even without having ADHD we all medicate w/food - but today I am not ;0)...

xoxo to you all - like I said - my Beans are cooking - dry just rang so I am off to the couch and no junk food ;0) can't wait for my beans to be done ;0).

Im starting to think single is best. This is crazy. Relationships suck. Hope everyone had a good day today. Like i said...same ole same ole with the fighting thing. I know the neighbors think we are killing each other or something. haha! rolleyes.gif

HI all...wow...I have been enjoying reading all your wonderful amazing christmas stories...of being with family and friends and celebrations from the preperations and shopping to the cooking and the days goings on from the start to the finish...and I feel like ive been with all of you in each of your homes..and am so thankful that you have all shared your personal experiences with me and everyone else.....I truly for the first time have expererienced Christmas!!!

What a wonderful holiday!!!

Hope your New Years is just as well....and youl keep those experiences coming because it sure is boring here in the five towns of Nasau County!!! No Christmas or New Years celebrations and you all have got me in the um Christmas mood!! lol. So...wishing you all a wonderful weeks Christmas and may all your dreams come true. I wont bore you with my num drum life...its been the usual, stresful unpredicatble and so very boring compared!! So keep the stories coming!!!

Tina....my experiences demonstrate that we need to make our own good time. I feel your pain...weve all been lonely at times...but its when this loneliness infringess on our daily functioning we need to worry and get help. Youve gotten yourself this help and started the process of healing yourself so that you can begin to function in your daily routines....and the process keeps going until we dont feel lonely anymore and feel comfortable enough to spend time with yourself and be able to spend time with yourself and be happy enough to enjoy spending time with yourself even on holidays even though your mom isnt around anymore to be with you...you will begin to develop new experiences and create new memories. Wishing all the above for you this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May all your dreams come true.

Cheri

Cherri..I am hearing the anxiety in your voice as well....and you have been through so much emotional stress these past few months that its no wonder you feeling slightely blue....taking everyones problems and emotions on to your shoulders. Im so sorry about those beutiful children that lives have been cut down short but you have to keep it together for yourself and your familiy! May god bless you for all the wonderful things you do for so many children and families. Chin up. We love you and all that you do....it will get better and if you need some medication then get it...nothing to be ashamed at at all!!!

Happy Festivities all....thank you for all the lovely Holiday cards and good wishes!!

Jodi