Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

OK everyone...let's do this for Melissa. I think she might be struggling with what her menu should be. I think you have parts of it down, Melissa, but might need some ideas from us as to some ideas. And, like Great said, try to steer away from the carbs for now to see what it can do for you without them. I am just going to start with some snack and meal ideas. And, you know what, you don't HAVE TO eat what the family eats. If you have a differenet meal than them, it's making your own statement. Showing that you do care and that you are determined to make this work.

OK...low carb snack ideas.....

2 hardboiled eggs

Beef Jerky

1/2 Protein bar and put the other out of sight for another time

soy nuts (no more than 1/4 cup and they can be very satisfying)

Cup of cut up raw veggies in a baggie

Couple slices of turkey or deli meat with a LF cheese stick

Low carb meals...

Just really try to stick to 4oz of good hard protien (fish, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon at least once a week) and a serving of veggies if you can fit it in.

Try to stay away from anything "white". My LB doc swears that his patients that have the most success totallly cut these out during the weight loss stage and tend to really watch them during maintenance. No white potatoes, rice, flour. Alot of breads say whole wheat but they are made with white flour. Try to eliminate all pastas, bread and cracker. None if a good rule if you are carb sensative. Just don't buckle and have them once in awhile right now. Not worth it and could make the scale go the other way.

OK....the rest of you guys jump in with some ideas. Might help everyone and will be a bit of a refresher course with the upcoming holidays and the banquets that will be set b/4 us.

Thanks Apples you are the best

Afternoon everyone.....and she loses another pound:lost1lbs: , ~Kelly~

Kelly - Congrats Keep it up

Well, I am back from my mother's. Got her eyelashes removed.

Charlene - Am I reading this right eyelashes removed?????

Melissa - We have both Sam's & costco - I've been in Sam's once- not much diff than costco I would say that Costco vs Sam's is Like Walmart vs Target ;0) - So are you a demostrator - give out food ;0) - Yep wear layers ;0)

Janet - Actually I am not a demo person I make the ready to cook meals Sams club has in their deli dept. for people to buy and just stick in there oven for 30 mins or so and it is done

Am going to get back on the Protein train. I strongly recommend that those of you who are struggling climb on board with me.

Cheri

Cheri - I with you on the protein train - Choo Choo

Melissa, yes, my mother has ingrown eyelashes removed every six weeks. They scratch her eyes. I think it is caused by the glaucoma drops. It is the same ingredient used in the new drops to grow eyelashes. After seeing what has happened to my mother I would never use them to make my eyelashes longer. She has to use the drops to keep the pressure down in her eyes.

Melissa, yes, my mother has ingrown eyelashes removed every six weeks. They scratch her eyes. I think it is caused by the glaucoma drops. It is the same ingredient used in the new drops to grow eyelashes. After seeing what has happened to my mother I would never use them to make my eyelashes longer. She has to use the drops to keep the pressure down in her eyes.

Oh ingrown lashes I was a little confused. That must be how they figured out how to grow lashes was from glaucoma patients having to have them removed. Is it not crazy how they come up with knew drugs. So your Mom has to go through that.

Protein train!!! Woot woot! I'm on sisters!!!

Janet & Arlene~ I posted about the dr a few pages back. Here's a quick recap. He put some Fluid back into my band and I am now at 5 cc's which is one cc under what was in there before. He told me that we would try it this way and see what happened. He also said that he didn't want to operate if it wasn't absolutely neccessary. I am thankful for this! Looks like Laura was right!!! Perhaps it was a bit swollen too? If I started having problems then we would revisit the issue and see if we should operate. But as of now, he thinks I can do it the way it is. I'm hoping so, but nervous. I'm eating about 800 cal a day right now, and it is mostly liquid, but as of yesterday, 3 pounds had come off since saturday. There is more restriction there, which is good, and I am way more mindful.

I have a question for everyone...... How much lettuce or salad can you eat. I can eat a TON of it in one sitting. My dietitian says its ok since I just put 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and salad supreme seasoning. 3 cups is only about 150 cal. So that is good. Now that I think about it tho, I've always been able to eat a lot of salad, even a few months after banding. I just wanted others thoughts on this one.

Great~ I am painting my guest bedroom (Andrew calls it the library because he likes to study in there...cute) with a Benjamin Moore paint called "Apple Crisp" It is a warm honey color. The mouldings in there are going to match the ones in the hallway, they are like a butterscotch color. The office is going to be a bright white with a purple/blue undertone to it. I can't remember the name. It's pretty tho. Both of the ceilings are going to be white. I will have to post pics of the house when I am done. I have done soooo much to it all by myself! Andrew is NOT handy at all, big time brainiac though!!! He does help when I need him to.

I have all of my cards written out, but not enough stamps! The store only had three books and I needed 4, minimum. Will go get more tomorrow.

Night, Meredith

P.S. Less than 10 lbs away from my weight on my ticker!!!! I refused to move it when I gained, now I am on the "train" and losing away! Thank you all!

Meredith, salad is so healthy. My doctor recommends salad. I told my DH we should eat more salad. He told me that those competitive eaters stretch their stomachs before competition by eating salad. Just chew, chew, chew. Too much of a good thing can also not be good for the pouch. Watch your portions.

Choo! Choo!.......I am catching the Protein train today. I am fasting this morning. I should be eating around 11am. CBL.

Good Morning Gang

Had gym last night and tons of phone calls - got my cards done :0) so never got on line

I agree w/the Protein train - I gained 2.5 on vacation - had it off by Thursday (last week) How you ask - staying away for starches and sugar - it came right back off - Idrise told me - if you go away for a week or weekend and gain a few lbs cuz you are eating diff - that if you just come home and eat your normal healthy way - it will come right off - and I have found that true in the last 3.5 yr.. So I enjoy myself when on vacation - but when I come home I go back to exercise and eating healthy and exercising- and the lbs just melt off..

Thanks Meredith - I missed what the last appointment was... I can't say I can eat tons of salad - but I can eat more than 1 cup sometime - but I usually have chicken w/it so it's filling..

Melissa - Again I missed what you were doing at Sam's - Glad you got a job ...

Hi everyone, I'm just up from my second good night's sleep..... It feels so good... I managed to keep the pain to a minimum during the day yesterday with just using Tylenol and last night was better, too... I did take the percocet at 10:00 and then again at 3:30, but then went to bed and slept till almost 10:00. It feels like something normal again for a change.... Someone on here asked about the severe inflammation..... I don't really know the answers for sure, but it seems that inflammation is very hard to diagnos correctly..... It was me asking to have bloodwork done because no one had done it for a long time.... It showed up in the bloodwork....... Whatever, if this anti-inflammatory medication is the trick, I'm just going to accept it and enjoy..... I do still have the spinal stenosis and it could be coming from that..... Enough of that....

Apples, I agree with the others that being a grandma is more a heart thing than a blood thing..... All the kids at the daycare where DD works call me Grandma Julie.... An of course I have step grandchildren,but don't use the word.... In this day and age with family structures being what the are sometimes kids just can't have enough love.... You go for it as long as it feels good and let your son worry about the relationship he has ........ Just enjoy.... Grandparenthood is wonderful..... jump on in...................

Laura, once I had a terrible rash hit my body..... they tried numerous things and then finally said it was from stress and put me on an anti-dressant.... didn't help, so I finally found a good dermatologist who asked if I had a hot tub... Yup!! It wasn't from the chemicals, but from the hot Water.... I was using it too much and it dried out my skin so bad..... had to put on the ointment at night all over my body and then put clothes on to sleep so I didn't wreck the mattress... and then also a heavy cream for during the day.... I still can tell years later if I get too much hot water....I start to itch.... With all the baths I've been taking for the pain lately I have had to be careful.... good luck finding the right answer...

Oh, I had such big plans of writing to everyone, but now I can't remember and I didn't take notes today.... Arlene, was it painful for your mother to have the in-grown lashes removed?? Sounds like it would hurt....

Good luck with your Protein train girls......

Meredith, happy painting... not my cup of tea!!!!! I let DH do that when it needs doing.....

Lori, sounds like you are on track with your dinner party....have fun

Janet, did you just have a bug??? I hope you are feeling better..

Well, I got all the packages wrapped last night... Need to organize them under the tree now.... I was going to head to Bismarck for some of the last gifts, but it is supposed to snow so changed my mind.. Will try to go Friday.... I'm just going to do some odds and ends paperwork today and maybe bake something.... After all that wedding baking I did, I'm a bit baked out.... Nothing sounds good either... You all have a good day and stay warm..... Talk to you later.... HUgs.. Julie

[i need your help. I was banded in 2006 in November and I have not lost any weight, mainly because I haven't done the right thing and I don't know what that is exactly.]

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :wink2:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

Well prime rib it is, Smiths (Krogers here) had it on sale for $5.99/lb. I am comfortable making that and it always turns out yummy. Plus I am getting an early visit from Santa! I've been wanting new white dishes ever since DD got some for her wedding (she has the square food Network ones from Kohls if you know them) but it was just a want and not a real need. I tend to tire of dishes easily and always want new ones, but my thinking is white will be so versatile and I can always change up colors to go with it. Then I saw my exact dishes (cheapies from Walmart) on the news one night for having lead in them so I've wanted them more lately. Well seems DH was thinking of getting me some and we saw some at costco sortta like the Kohl's ones but a little different and are going to go pick them up this afternoon. What a guy! Now do I want service for 8 or 12? Usually do 8 but with the family growing, HMMMM??? They are really cheap so may go with the 12.

go with the 12! With the family growing there will be surely one or two that end up breaking!!

[i need your help. I was banded in 2006 in November and I have not lost any weight, mainly because I haven't done the right thing and I don't know what that is exactly.]

Vickie Welcome !!!

Where's your Doctor in all of this - You were banded in 06 - when was the last time you saw your doc - how's your restriction - what are you eating???

Our band is only a tool - the real work is up to you - it's (the band) isn't going to lose the weight for you - it doesn't make your food choices - it doesn't exercise.

IMHO the band is advertized to make all your hunger go away - it doesn't - it doesnt do a darn thing for our head hunger - imho that's where most of our problems lie..

Tell us more - we are all here to help..

Hi everyone, I'm just up from my second good night's sleep..... It feels so good... I managed to keep the pain to a minimum during the day yesterday with just using Tylenol and last night was better, too... I did take the percocet at 10:00 and then again at 3:30, but then went to bed and slept till almost 10:00. It feels like something normal again for a change.... Someone on here asked about the severe inflammation..... I don't really know the answers for sure, but it seems that inflammation is very hard to diagnos correctly..... It was me asking to have bloodwork done because no one had done it for a long time.... It showed up in the bloodwork....... Whatever, if this anti-inflammatory medication is the trick, I'm just going to accept it and enjoy..... I do still have the spinal stenosis and it could be coming from that..... Enough of that....

Apples, I agree with the others that being a grandma is more a heart thing than a blood thing..... All the kids at the daycare where DD works call me Grandma Julie.... An of course I have step grandchildren,but don't use the word.... In this day and age with family structures being what the are sometimes kids just can't have enough love.... You go for it as long as it feels good and let your son worry about the relationship he has ........ Just enjoy.... Grandparenthood is wonderful..... jump on in...................

Laura, once I had a terrible rash hit my body..... they tried numerous things and then finally said it was from stress and put me on an anti-dressant.... didn't help, so I finally found a good dermatologist who asked if I had a hot tub... Yup!! It wasn't from the chemicals, but from the hot Water.... I was using it too much and it dried out my skin so bad..... had to put on the ointment at night all over my body and then put clothes on to sleep so I didn't wreck the mattress... and then also a heavy cream for during the day.... I still can tell years later if I get too much hot water....I start to itch.... With all the baths I've been taking for the pain lately I have had to be careful.... good luck finding the right answer...

Oh, I had such big plans of writing to everyone, but now I can't remember and I didn't take notes today.... Arlene, was it painful for your mother to have the in-grown lashes removed?? Sounds like it would hurt....

Good luck with your Protein train girls......

Meredith, happy painting... not my cup of tea!!!!! I let DH do that when it needs doing.....

Lori, sounds like you are on track with your dinner party....have fun

Janet, did you just have a bug??? I hope you are feeling better..

Well, I got all the packages wrapped last night... Need to organize them under the tree now.... I was going to head to Bismarck for some of the last gifts, but it is supposed to snow so changed my mind.. Will try to go Friday.... I'm just going to do some odds and ends paperwork today and maybe bake something.... After all that wedding baking I did, I'm a bit baked out.... Nothing sounds good either... You all have a good day and stay warm..... Talk to you later.... HUgs.. Julie

Julie - Sure glad to hear you are feeling better.. Yep just a little bug - really was only feeling icky in the morning - but did sleep in the afternoon - Rest was what the doc ordered and I'm just fine..

Going to Hawaiian Hula class at the gym at 6:30 p.m this is after Arm/weight training at 5 p.m.

Gotta burn those calories and this Hula class may be fun - will look like a total dork - but hell who cares - I love being older - you don't care so much as to what pple think ...

Good afternoon gang! I went for my yearly check-up......the works. Dr said my bone scan was excellent. She said the walking and Water aerobics were paying off. Now I only need to get the dreaded colonoscopy in a few months. UGH!

I came home and ate chicken. I think I will have a Protein Drink when I get off of here. Tonight I plan to have chicken again and a Protein shake. Choooooo.....Chooooo!!!!

Good afternoon! Can't believe it's almost 4pm and this is the first I've gotten on the computer all day. I got up this morning and went to a brunch for the Bible study ladies group I go to on Wed. mornings and then after that have been on the go with DH. DH got an email from his boss last night telling him not to come in today and consider it a comp day for his Birthday so we've been out playing. We went to the movie this afternoon, I am making him spaghetti and meatballs for his birthday dinner, his absolute favorite and we had to drop off my car at the repair shop to get the door fixed that got damaged in the wind in Wyoming in our Thanksgiving drive. I don't like spaghetti so I am okay there, may eat a meatball. But I didn't board that Protein wagon today or fell off already. I did have popcorn at the movies. It's the only place I allow myself popcorn as it's such a red light food for me and did indulge today. So tomorrow will the wagon please come by and pick me up???

Meredith, I do not eat salad. My dr office warned against it as it tends to get stuck easily and also stretch the pouch. I've tried it once and did get stuck. I'm not a big salad eater anyway so it's an easy thing for me to stay away from as well as Pasta. Don't care for either much. bread on the other hand is tougher for me to abstain from but for the most part I do.

Arlene, great job on the check up!

Janet, glad you are feeling better!

Jodi, I got the 12! I love my new dishes too.

If nuts count as falling off.......then I fell off too. I have had a headache all day. It is a sharp pain around my eye and cheek. It must be my sinuses. Once again, the weather has change from cold and dry to mild and humid. UGH! I guess the ole FM decided to attack my head today. Oh well, it will be gone tomorrow.

Julie, I am so so so glad you are getting relief. I pray this dr is on the right track with you. HUGS!

Lori, so you stopped at the station and had popcorn. One day at a time. You did cut back......that is a victory! Happy Birthday to DH!!!!

Well, I am going in the kitchen and slice off some chicken breast I bought in the Deli at Walmart. I may have to put it on a green salad to make it feel like dinner.

Later peeps!