Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Jessica - wonderful grades and I agree with Karen - a C is just fine. I spent too many years trying for perfect. You are doing great.

Phyl - sorry you lost your post - love the graphics to express your anger.

Finished all the holiday stuff and now only have a family dinner on Sunday and one on Xmas eve. Both will be enjoyable. I NEVER cook.

Went to a marvelous party on Wednesday. The band stops me from even trying most of the food. This allows time to enjoy the music coming from the baby grand piano, the decorations, the wonderful hosts and guests....

Have discovered that Water aerobics is hurting my knee replacement. This teacher has lots of jumping - bunny hop, jumping jacks, rocking horse, etc....all to elevate heart rate and keep it up for 45 minutes. My knee can't take it and if I modify, I won't increase my heart rate. So, I guess it's back up to the gym floor on treadmill, eliptical, etc. Maybe a trainer again after the first of the year.

Sending love to all.

Joyce.......have a great Christmas dinner with the family. Sorry about the Water aerobics. There is one instructor that is high intensity. I don't go when she instructs. We still have a trainer. I haven't been in a couple of weeks. DH has been going. I never have used an eliptical. My trainer said it is awesome for exercise.

Lori, our lawn guy charges 25 bucks a week. We only use him once a month in the winter.

Laura, that is a bummer that mothers don't show to help. It seems like that has always been a problem. It happened back in the day too. How's the rash?

Meredith. I have used that Pasta. It is good and healthy, but I really don't eat pasta.....that's a sticker for me.

Good Morning...

Joyce...sorry the Water aerobics have been tough on the knee. Just move....that's always been my motto. Maybe mix it up with different things so there is no repetitive movement for your knee. We are all so different. You don't cook, have no desire to cook and I find it to be my passion. Both cooking and baking. You get by and find joy in going out to eat. A lot of my friends cannot cook and get no enjoyment from it. Just the way we are.

You guys and talking about your lawns/grass. What grass? There's not a blade to be seen around here. Pure white and inches deep. But, I am sure snow removal is not in your vocabulary. Being afraid to walk across a parking lot to avoid a slip and fall and brain damage.

Looking forward to our little family Christmas gathering on Sunday. Just finished DS's wrapping for him. He went shopping last night and did so good. He panics when it comes to buying gifts but he worked it out and found very appropriate gifts for his GF, her children and his dad. Also, our dog is going to be sooooooooooo excited when he opens his gift from him. Have a nice menu planned for Sunday, board games dug out and ready to play with the family, etc. Will be a little bit of peace with determination to have nothing infiltrate that time together. Just wish youngest DS could make it but not possible for him to do it this year. Love him to bits and will miss him.

Have been waiting for the roads to clear so I can go to town and run errands. The sun is shining so I figure a couple hours and I won't have to worry about my drive. My car handles so much better on these roads in the winter than my big truck. Go figure.

OK...a little scatter brained today but wanted to check in and say hi. Hope all of you that are having family Christmas get-togethers this weekend have a wonderful time. Just enjoy the family and have fun. Sending the love

I just walked down the street to my mailbox and about froze my butt off. Trying to defrost, wrapped in a blanket. It's the wind that's so cold. BRRRRRRR

Joyce, good to see you! Will have to keep it in mind about the Water aerobics and my new knees. Haven't tried that yet. My gym doesn't have a pool but another 24 hour near me does and I've thought of trying it.

Arlene, I love the elliptical over the treadmill anyday. so much easier on the joints and I feel I get a better workout.

Apples, enjoy your gathering this weekend, sounds fun. Wish I could say I was looking forward to my dinner this weekend. All I am looking forward to is it being over.

Great....please don't sweat the dinner. The trick to a good dinner party is to prep everything possible hours (or days) b/4. If it helps take the pressure off, set your table early in the day, have your prime rib in the roaster and ready to pop in the oven....make yourself a check off list and put a time to do the task and just start checking them off. Delegate certain things for your DH to do. You will do fine. And, if you are stressed already about it, get in the vehicle and go pick up your wine, buy and extra one for yourself, find the cork screw and pour a few glasses for yourself and sit in front of the fire and ponder why you get so stressed about dinner parties at your home. Wish I could just drive over and do it for you.

Example.....I used to work at a couple of banks and was the education coordinator for quite a few employees, board members and community board members that would attend our meetings. I remember sharing with our bank President that I felt so much pressure b/4 getting up to speak every Tuesday morning. He gave me the best advice. He stated that if you FEEL prepared then everything falls into place. And if things don't go just as you planned, by FEELING prepared, it will get you through the little things that might not go just as planned. And then he added: Imagine them all sitting out in front of you wearing only their underwear. It worked for me. Make your list, dig inside for that confidence and relax. Don't feel intimidated by anyone or try to guess how they would do it at their homes or that they are any better than you at entertaining. Heck, maybe they have it catered and don't disclose that bit of info?

Oh, no the wine, I forgot the wine!!! Think the state run liquor store is open in the evening will make DH go with me tonight. I have to check out another grocery store for asparagus anyway. Walmart didn't have any and the one nicer store I really like wanted $7 a pound for it. I saw it at the other one the other day for less than that so will check it out. You bet DH will be helping me, this is his thing, he wanted me to do it so bad. Apples, I think I really do need to examine why I hate doing this so much. I love being with other people, it's just that I feel too on display and open for judgement I guess if I do the entertaining or put myself out there. Goes back to fear of failure, being rejected, etc. BUt I am proud of myself, while at Walmart I walked by the Fritos and left them in the store! I so wanted to console myself with a big bag!

Oh, no the wine, I forgot the wine!!! Think the state run liquor store is open in the evening will make DH go with me tonight. I have to check out another grocery store for asparagus anyway. Walmart didn't have any and the one nicer store I really like wanted $7 a pound for it. I saw it at the other one the other day for less than that so will check it out. You bet DH will be helping me, this is his thing, he wanted me to do it so bad. Apples, I think I really do need to examine why I hate doing this so much. I love being with other people, it's just that I feel too on display and open for judgement I guess if I do the entertaining or put myself out there. Goes back to fear of failure, being rejected, etc. BUt I am proud of myself, while at Walmart I walked by the Fritos and left them in the store! I so wanted to console myself with a big bag!

You SHOULD feed proud of yourself for walking by those Fritos, Great. I know what a trigger food they are for you.

OK....I think some of us or all of us feel somewhat on display in our own homes. There are so many levels that we think ppl are judging us on. Is it clean enough? Do they think I decorate like crap? Does my meal measure up? Will I have enough to say to keep the conversation going? etc, etc, etc. You gotta let that go and be in a different frame of mind. From here until Sunday start a POSITIVE conversation with yourself when you start to doubt or feel anxious about having these ppl over.

My house is clean enough and I am proud of it. I LOVE the way I decorate my home. My meal is going to be wonderful and I am looking forward to serving it. I WILL be prepared for conversation. (Ask them questions about family, kids, jobs, interests, etc.).

What's that saying? Can't remember word for word but it is something like: Don't worry about what ppl think. They are too busy worrying about what YOU think of them.

What's that saying? Can't remember word for word but it is something like: Don't worry about what ppl think. They are too busy worrying about what YOU think of them.

Love that one - so true....

Dang it! I stopped at the station. I made Texas Trash ( hot chex mix) for all my kids and a few neighbors. I have to taste it. It has to just right or I won't give it out. Texas Trash is 10pts on the WW list. I guess it was only a cup. I am making chicken enchilada tonight. I make it low carb and low fat.

Lori, your dinner will be Marvelous!!!! You are such a gracious person. No worries!!!

Apples, I know you have an awesome Sunday planned. What did you buy puppa?

My DS came over to pick-up his son for a long weekend. DS's girlfriend's parents are coming in late tonight. YAY! It's going to be a Meet the Parents tomorrow night. My DS is catering fajitas from an awesome Mexican food place. I just wish they were announcing that they are getting married, but I am not holding my breath. I know we will have a good time. I guess I better get back to the Texas Trash. I have two more batches to make. I need at least 20-3 cup servings. I have really cut back this year. They used to get a half gallon bag. Ingredients are just getting so expensive, but it is a tradition my mother started. I will pass it on when I can no longer do it.

Choo! Choo!!!!

Arlene...I was talking about wrapping what my DS got Tanker. It's a tennis ball slingshot type thing. We have worn out so many of them and good exercise. We shoot the balls out into our pond. He loves to swim. DH and I got him a new fancy collar and leash. Gotta have a new one for our trip.

Hi girls and Tx. Just a quick note to say hi. I have been reading all the posts but just not enough time and energy to reply to all. Sorry. Hopefully, things will get a little better each week with my Dad and that will take a lot of stress off of me and my time.

Joyce, glad to see you posting. I have missed your posts.

Tx, where are you?

LauraK any updates on the dating front?

Cheri, you just seem to have it all together all of the time.

OK, got to run and take dinner to Dad's house. Also a chair for the shower I ordered. It still needs to be put together but that shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully, that will make it possible to get him into the shower. Washing up just isn't the same as a shower.

Bye-------

Hello everyone, since I spoke to you last, I dropped 2 more pounds....I'm quite sure I'll be on a plateau for a while, but you never can tell.

It rained all night, and it's pouring again! I did manage to get two walks in between though (yea for me).

Well that is all for now...i love the rain!

~Kelly~

(Think Janet's voice): Arlene, you could taste it without tasting an entire cupful!!!! At least you are being mindful for dinner!

Here's what I've eaten so far today: 1/2 turkey patty for breakfast; 1/2 turkey patty for lunch, one sugar free Jello cup and I'm not at all hungry!! In fact had a problem with pb'g at lunch. So truly do not need a fill. I really recommend that anyone contemplating the need for a fill do the 5 day test - I wish I'd have used it in the past when decided on whether or not to get one -- it really helps you realize that you do indeed have restriction - so often we eat so many sliders we think we don't have proper restriction when we do.

Sandy, glad to see you post -- sorry about your dad's situation -- is so tough. I hope things work out for the best. You need to keep putting yourself first -- don't allow this stress to derail you from your needs. It's so easy to do that.

Laura, how's the rash? Hope it's better. When is the family showing up? We have both Thurs. and Friday off next week -- how nice -- I'm so looking forward to a few extra days.

Christmas is kinda depressing for us this year - thank goodness we have Aylah but both DSS and DSD are treating us so badly and we long for an old fashioned Christmas -- wish I could have spent it with my DS or my sister or brother and their families. I will cook a nice meal and of course, Aylah will have a great Christmas but it's tough to be in the giving spirit with the other two. Not complaining -- just allow me this one time to whine a bit about it. Thanks. I'm done now.

LauraK, any new dates? When does DD arrive? Bet you're looking forward to it.

Like Apples, I love cooking and baking -- I'm looking forward to spending some time in the kitchen this weekend -- will make just a few cookies/bars -- have some people I want to give some out to -- I think it makes nice gifts - especially to those who work and probaby don't have time to bake -- my hairdresser, a few people at work, etc. Plus we're having a little pot luck here at work so I'll bring some goodies for that. I truly love to cook and bake -- for me it's how I relax - I guess it's that creative gene in me. Apples did you get those sugar Cookies decorated? I don't do fancy decorating, but I bake some Cookies that are tough to make.

Chris, hope you'll check in over the weekend.

Well, gotta get back to work. Aylah went home so maybe I'll have some time to myself this weekend -- we'll see.

Linda