Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang

Hot Hula was fun last night :0) !!! May just do it again next Wed - did work up a sweat..

Bwhitty - How long do you have to be on pureed foods - you are 6 weeks out - I had 10 days each phase - got 1st fill 8 weeks out - As to eating - you just have to take tiny bites - chew well - eat slowly - you will forget and your band will remind you.. As to what you can or can't eat - well you may have no problems - everyone is diff in that dept

Swan 56 - Yes the 1st 3 days are the hardest - I was lucky I only had 1 week of pre-op and it did include salad & fish for dinner - so it wasn't that hard for me... When's your date??

Laura - Hugs on your rash... You are going to be busy girl w/family coming - and I hate it when I have somewhere to go and want a special outfit and can't find it.. I would hit the mall ASAP before this weekend.. You won't find me at the mall this coming weekend ;0) I heard on the news this morning - Snow in FL..

Linda - I'm like you - can't really tell you the last time I was sick and really I could have gone to work - just didn't feel like it and it was the 1st sick day of the year - ;0).

Melissa - Glad you are getting a workout at work ;0)...

Charlene - WTG hittig the gym this morning...

Great - You might not have anywhere to go - but just do to the fact that you can't cuz you don't have a car makes you feel stranded - I know that's how I feel. Phyl's going home to WA for Xmas..

Well need to get my butt in gear - CBL

Lori will send you the spinach recipe when I get home -- it's always a bit hit.

Swan, I had liquids only pre-op diet for 2 weeks - it's hard, but you can and will do it -- I did and I lived through it. Just have the determination and you'll make it just fine. When I get tempted I tell myself, "you ate whatever you wanted for over 50 years -- you already know what it tastes like so you don't need it." It seems to help me. LOL.

Phyl, have a safe trip back to Wa. state -- hope you have good weather for the drive. Hope Zoey has a fabulous first Christmas!!!! Sending the love to her.

Laura, I couldn't click on the link either. Hope you get some relief -- there's nothing worse than an itchy rash -- miserable.

Well, gotta run - sneaking this in at work. Later.

Linda

Lori will send you the spinach recipe when I get home -- it's always a bit hit.

Swan, I had liquids only pre-op diet for 2 weeks - it's hard, but you can and will do it -- I did and I lived through it. Just have the determination and you'll make it just fine. When I get tempted I tell myself, "you ate whatever you wanted for over 50 years -- you already know what it tastes like so you don't need it." It seems to help me. LOL.

Phyl, have a safe trip back to Wa. state -- hope you have good weather for the drive. Hope Zoey has a fabulous first Christmas!!!! Sending the love to her.

Laura, I couldn't click on the link either. Hope you get some relief -- there's nothing worse than an itchy rash -- miserable.

Well, gotta run - sneaking this in at work. Later.

Linda

Fast reply.....lol

Lori, it is an indoor pool, but it was freaking cold this morning. A lot peeps didn't show. I bet is it cuz the pool has been cold. Brrrr!!!! I had to keep moving. Are you on the train today?

I had chicken for lunch. Choo! Choo!!!!

IndioGirl55:

My doc has me 3 weeks liquids (only clears the first couple days), then 3 weeks of puree/mushie the 30th is my 6weeks. My first fill is the 3rd of January. From what I've heard the 6weeks is a longer time then some to do the liquid/mushie phase, but I'm doing as he asks. His reason, he wants all swelling gone and to just take it easy before the 1st fill.

I'll just keep chanting chew chew chew... chew chew chew :lol:

Yep - keep chanting chew chew chew -

After a fill my doc make you go back to post op eating - 1 week each phase - if you aren't eating hard Protein prior to your fill - how are you going to know if you need a fill?? Some pple don't always need a fill right away (have known of pple who went 6 months before they ever needed one)

Each doc is so diff - Yep you gotta follow what your doc says - but I am curious on how they are going to tell if you need a fill or not ;0)

Charlene - Glad you are on the train :0) -

Good Afternoon....

Cheri....what a good idea to invite your friends to ride your train. Cute. Really, really a good way to get others interested and to "jump on board" (pun intended). Congrats to all that jumped on and keep listening to your "conductor". Your ticket to ride is your willingness to stay on task. I don't even dare share the amount of carbs that are in my diet at this point but during my weight loss phase learned what it took to keep the scale moving. And, that included watching the carbs and getting the Protein to fuel the body. Not bragging but I am fueled by so many carbs on a daily basis, that I could be your engine and pull that train.

Making Christmas cut-out Cookies today. My third go-round at it. Baking and cooking are my stress reliever and every neighbor, friend, pastor, congregation member and everyone driving by is going to have to take some off my hands. I take literally 10 minutes to decorate each cookie and they are so cute.

We had a storm start up yesterday and it just calmed down now. Not a really bad storm but roads were crap and visibility was not the best. Not sure how many inches we got but judging by when my guys were doing snow removal, I would say we got about 7-8 inches.

Hmmmm. just looked down the road and see that a snowmobile is either stuck or flipped over. Better get in my truck and go check. Too cold to let them sit and DH and DS are not here. Later.

Evening gang, Got my final grades in. I passed everything, 1 A, 2 B's, and a C. I had one bad test hence the C. I spent yesterday afternoon at the school and took Jake to a counselor for ADHD. I plan to spend all day tommorrow volunteering at the school. His class is having a party. I appreciate his teacher taking on such a task but I wouldn't leave her to do it herself. I don't know how she handles 18 kindergarteners all day by herself.

Kelly congrats on another pound down. It's exciting isn't it?

Apples (and to all of you w/the snow) Hugs - It's cold here for us 67 is suppose to be the high and this morning we had a sprinkle and dark clouds - Got my riding boots on - turtle neck and sweater ;0) - As Phyl says - for me winter is wearing long sleeve ;0) - I think of that everytime I get dressed in the winter months ;0)..

Yep you are lucky that you have a high metabolizm than most of us ;0)

Becareful out there ;0)

Jessica - WTG on your test - you really are a jewel - a very smart one :0)

All is fine. It was kids going home from school riding their snowmobiles and got stuck and were on their way b/4 I even got the 1/4 mile to help.

Jessica...congrats on the test results. We all need to have a C once in awhile. Otherwise, we wouldn't seem normal. Way to go! Now, take some time for yourself during your down time.

Hi all.

Protein train chugging along smoothly. Just finishing my filet mignon. Gave away a box of turtles I got today from one of my students. Gave a bag of goodies from another to my husband to hide as soon as I got home. Yesterday I had to eat a lot of Protein to stop the carb cravings. Today I needed a lot less. That's the way it works. Tomorrow and Saturday I will be having some treats because of parties. I promise here that I will not pig out. But Sunday and until Christmas Eve I'll be on the Protein train again. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I make no promises. LOL. So chug chug choo choo, off I go. With a few stops.

Cheri

Melissa.......soak those feet when you get home!

Just got home I am eating some dinner my hubby cooked. chicken and green Beans yum. Then I am going to take a nice hot bath.

Melissa, think of your job as getting paid to work out! What are you doing for Sam's?

I know that is what is kindof exciting paid to exercise. :) LOL I am working in the Deli Dept. Except for cooking the chicken and the Ribs in the hot room everything else is in a room that stays 41 degrees or out on the floor stocking the deli sliced meats and cheeses

Melissa - Glad you are getting a workout at work ;0)...

Janet - Me too that why I am glad I went back into retail.

Evening gang, Got my final grades in. I passed everything, 1 A, 2 B's, and a C. I had one bad test hence the C

Jewel - Congrats on passing your tests :)

Melissa, my sister did the deli and the chickens and what not for costco for almost a year. She lost lots of weight then. She said she never worked so hard in her life and that closing was the worst as far as work goes as they had to clean and scrape all the grills etc. Also how heavy the spits were that the chickens were on. I just went to a Sams club for the first time today. My friend called and I went with her as I always wanted to see what they were like. Very similar to Costco but a whole lot less crowded and busy.

Melissa, my sister did the deli and the chickens and what not for costco for almost a year. She lost lots of weight then. She said she never worked so hard in her life and that closing was the worst as far as work goes as they had to clean and scrape all the grills etc. Also how heavy the spits were that the chickens were on. I just went to a Sams club for the first time today. My friend called and I went with her as I always wanted to see what they were like. Very similar to costco but a whole lot less crowded and busy.

Great - Oh yeah alot of hard work everything she said is correct. Sams and Costco are similar except some things one store sells that the other doesn't. My Mom leaves real close to both of them so she shops at both.

Cheri - You got maintenance down pat !!! That's what I do - I avoid the office treats and save them for the parties or for like Christmas Day.. You have your treats then get back on the train... It's all a balancing act - ok for treats - but 98% of the time it's about eating healthy and making sure you get your exercise..

I am having my stepbro & his gf (who I DISLIKE) and my Uncle on Christmas Eve - we are having tamales - salsa - rice / Beans - my uncle is bring a pie.. I may make a few Christmas Cookies - so the Tamales & Cookies will be my Christmas treats ;0)

I usually don't give candy etc to pple at Christmas - Think there is enough junk out there without me adding to it..

Melissa - I love what Great said - getting paid to work out ;0) - I bet it's hard - I have always had a desk job - Don't think I could be on my feet all day.. Enjoy your soak :0)

Well no gym tonite - so have a little computer time - gotta finish my family cards and get them all mailed tomorrow ..

Fish & Veggies for dinner - Navy Bean Soup was lunch - Don't remember what I had for Breakfast - I remember having some cheese & 1/2 an apple (green ;0)