Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Joyce - Glad you had a great Thanksgiving !!!

Well it's sure been quite here today :0)

Found something like subscribed threads - up at the top of this page it says something like watching topics - then on the home page on the right hand side it below blogs - on my computer by the weight specific lapband support groups - there is a thingie that says Watched Contents - with 2 tabs forums & topics - so I guess I will have to wait til someone post to see if that's where our subscribed threads are now going to be..

Changed out Andrew's Bathroom & Bedroom with new stuff - towels bedding etc - didn't hang the curtains - Have packed - washed - and just farted around all day - talked to everyone and then some.. Getting ready to have some seafood bisque w/scallops..

Need to go figure out bills & $$ - Tomorrow nails - toes - bank - and what ever else pops up..

CBL

Hi there, is everybody done eating for the day???? I sure am, but I didn't eat much..... nothing tastes good to me anymore.... not even bread.... I did have pumpkin pie with real whipped cream....... Had company most of the day but all are gone now..... it's almost 9:00 here and I can go put my jammies on and veg the rest of the night..... No pain durning the day... Hope it keeps on for the night, too...... I'm really quite tired.... and tomorrow I don't have to do anything I don't want to do... this is good.....

I really just popped on to say Happy Birthday to Phyll.... by my records, it's your birthday today..... Hope I'm right...... Hope you had a wonderful day with lots of loved ones close by.......

Take care everyone and I'll be back tomorrow.... Hugs........... Julie

Hey Gang! I hope all of you had a great day. We went out to eat......yep......Joyce.....no prep, no cooking, no dishes, no drama.......nice! We came home and our long time friends (30+yrs) dropped by for a visit. I went out in the garage and made a space for the xmas decorations I am going to get out of the attic this weekend. When i was sweeping I found two dead field mice on one of those sticky pads.....Yucky! ....at least they were dead. The weather was in the eighties until about an hour ago and the cold front started blowing in. It should be in the thirties in the morning. Yep, I am aching all over my body. I was going to go shopping at 4am, but not in this cold. I will do the online thing. I really don't need anything except new Christmas lights for outside.

Janet, Did the fillers hurt when they put them in? How long will they last? I want to see the picture. When are you leaving on your cruise?

Jodi, Cheri is right.....let people help you.....they receive a blessing and you do to. God will give you many opportunities to return the blessing. When is the big event?

Meredith.....I'm glad you are posting again. We missed you!

Melissa.....what about our July Butterflies. I need to find our thread. We don't want it to dry up.

Kelly, I am not getting notifications. I signed up for them.....will have to go back and check.

Good Evening to All. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving with family and friends. Not a chance to get on computer at all today. We took pies to friends home and joined them for dessert at 2. Then home at 4pm and DS, GF and her kids drove up the same time we did. Other friends got here about 5 and all just left. Was a great day. I am feeling the affects of eating things that I usually do not but so good.

Happy Birthday, Phyll. Hope you relaxed and enjoyed your day.

Heading to bed. Going to get Christmas stuff out tomorrow. Had Black Friday shopping planned (she planned) with my friend as they were going to stay over night. Change of plans and I am not sad at all. Beastly cold here and did not want to go out but would have for her. Sooooooooooooooooo, starting the Christmas decorating tomorrow. I go way out on it but it makes me so happy and my family loves it.

Good Night all. Will try to visit tomorrow. I am so sad that I have not taken the time to figure out the newly revised site. Maybe tomorrow. Love to all

Evening ladies,

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! Really good here. Spent the day with my beautiful wife, my sweet son and my parents. I did eat turkey with all the trimings, but I didn't eat near the amount that I normally would have. I guess I'm going black Friday shopping with Deb and my mother. I am kind of excited about it. I have not gone shopping on blk Friday in 20 yrs. I have always worked. Anyway enough for tonight. Will check in tomorrow.

Hugs

Chris

Well the watched topic thingie isn't working yet - i read somewhere they have kinks still to work out

Hi there, is everybody done eating for the day???? I sure am, but I didn't eat much..... nothing tastes good to me anymore.... not even bread.... I did have pumpkin pie with real whipped cream....... Had company most of the day but all are gone now..... it's almost 9:00 here and I can go put my jammies on and veg the rest of the night..... No pain durning the day... Hope it keeps on for the night, too...... I'm really quite tired.... and tomorrow I don't have to do anything I don't want to do... this is good.....

I really just popped on to say Happy Birthday to Phyll.... by my records, it's your birthday today..... Hope I'm right...... Hope you had a wonderful day with lots of loved ones close by.......

Take care everyone and I'll be back tomorrow.... Hugs........... Julie

Julie - Glad you had a good day with no pain - I guess it's good that nothing taste good - that way you don't over eat..

Hey Gang! I hope all of you had a great day. We went out to eat......yep......Joyce.....no prep, no cooking, no dishes, no drama.......nice! We came home and our long time friends (30+yrs) dropped by for a visit. I went out in the garage and made a space for the xmas decorations I am going to get out of the attic this weekend. When i was sweeping I found two dead field mice on one of those sticky pads.....Yucky! ....at least they were dead. The weather was in the eighties until about an hour ago and the cold front started blowing in. It should be in the thirties in the morning. Yep, I am aching all over my body. I was going to go shopping at 4am, but not in this cold. I will do the online thing. I really don't need anything except new Christmas lights for outside.

Janet, Did the fillers hurt when they put them in? How long will they last? I want to see the picture. When are you leaving on your cruise?

Jodi, Cheri is right.....let people help you.....they receive a blessing and you do to. God will give you many opportunities to return the blessing. When is the big event?

Meredith.....I'm glad you are posting again. We missed you!

Melissa.....what about our July Butterflies. I need to find our thread. We don't want it to dry up.

Kelly, I am not getting notifications. I signed up for them.....will have to go back and check.

Charlene - No it didn't hurt at all (maybe once i felt a prick - but really truly no pain) - they put a numbing cream on - and the filler has novocaine in it - I am a bit bruised under one eye - but not bad - make will cover it up - I never left the house today - stayed in jammies all day - so tomorrow when I get dressed I will post a picture - Since you have seen me in person - you may notice the diff cuz most of my pictures are photoshopped :0) - The bags under my eyes don't show that bad in pics and if I'm smiling you don't notice the marionate lines - but we will see tomorrow..

I leave Saturday morning for my all inclusive ;0)

Good Evening to All. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving with family and friends. Not a chance to get on computer at all today. We took pies to friends home and joined them for dessert at 2. Then home at 4pm and DS, GF and her kids drove up the same time we did. Other friends got here about 5 and all just left. Was a great day. I am feeling the affects of eating things that I usually do not but so good.

Happy Birthday, Phyll. Hope you relaxed and enjoyed your day.

Heading to bed. Going to get Christmas stuff out tomorrow. Had Black Friday shopping planned (she planned) with my friend as they were going to stay over night. Change of plans and I am not sad at all. Beastly cold here and did not want to go out but would have for her. Sooooooooooooooooo, starting the Christmas decorating tomorrow. I go way out on it but it makes me so happy and my family loves it.

Good Night all. Will try to visit tomorrow. I am so sad that I have not taken the time to figure out the newly revised site. Maybe tomorrow. Love to all

Apples - Glad you had a good day - wish I had some dessert ;0) - or maybe a little stuffing - my seafood bisque was awful - won't buy that again..

Evening ladies,

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! Really good here. Spent the day with my beautiful wife, my sweet son and my parents. I did eat turkey with all the trimings, but I didn't eat near the amount that I normally would have. I guess I'm going black Friday shopping with Deb and my mother. I am kind of excited about it. I have not gone shopping on blk Friday in 20 yrs. I have always worked. Anyway enough for tonight. Will check in tomorrow.

Hugs

Chris

Chris - Glad you had a good day too - I have never black friday shopped - I don't like crowds and rude pple ;0)

Well tried to download to my ereader - it went through-they charged my cc - but then went out of the app I was in - went back and everything is gone - can't log back on to Barnes & Noble - can't call till tomorrow - this is the pits....

Good Morning Gang

Well up early - so I can go to bed early (hopefully) - Not out shopping - gotta figure out my ereader - down loaded a book last night -signed off and now it's gone but they charged my cc - so i can most likely call now cuz it's 8:30 NY time...

CBL

Hey Gang! It is really nasty here. Oh, I was up at 3am, but no way would I get out in this mess. I am like Apples......I am going to start getting out decorations and take inventory. I haven't talk to my son, but I think he will be okay with having Christmas here. I remember going to the nursing home with Christmas dinner for my MIL. We had such a good time and she was so happy. It was our last Christmas with her. Her and FIL died the next year. Definitely no regrets. Now I know at 87 this could always be my mother's last Christmas. I want to make her happy........no regrets.

My friends sent over their left over turkey. I am starting on Protein, low carb today. I haven't gained, but i didn't lose either. I NEED A FILL. I think I have mentioned that a few times. lol

Janet, you are such a pretty lady without the fillers, but I know how you feel. I want to do that too. My face is droopy. I think it would give it a little lift without the wind tunnel look. lol I probably need a full face lift, but surgeries for me now have to be a necessity like a Tummy Tuck. lol

Julie, good to hear from you

Chris, Isn't amazing how you feel like doing stuff again that you haven't done in years. You are doing great.....and what a trooper for going out on Black Friday.

Apples, happy decorating. I would definitely not get out in the mess y'all have up north. Stay safe!

rolleyes.gif scale shows still 31 lbs. lost and staying off since June. Yippee. Once exercising begins, I expect to move toward goal.

Arlene - daughter and GS are here from Houston. Will share how cold it is there. About the same as here in K.C.

Life is so different with the band. Now instead of how much can I eat, it is what will stay down and how can I be sure to get the Protein in. I'm bruising easily again, which has always been a sign of insufficient nutrients for me. Showed the doctor, & he seemed uninterested and unconcerned. Oh well. Before band I took up to 15 supplements per day - recommended by a bio-chemist nutritionist after a complete blood profile. Now I don't take them. (Won't go thru the band)

Janet - have a great time in Mexico with family.

Apples - enjoy decorating your home. With our Jewish household, that's another thing I don't do - like cooking.

Tx - Glad you survived your first "banded" holiday - it was my first too. What a loving husband to shop on black Friday.

Yippee - one holiday past with no weight gain.

I am soo frustrated with this site! I still am not getting e-mail notifications, and it is messing with my routine! I used to like to check my e-mails at 8:00 btween fb and lbt I would spend a couple hours. Then time for my walk. Anyway enough of that.

So I am still on mushies, and yesterday I made beef broth, with some dried mashed potato flakes, Breakfast and lunch, of course I had my protien drinks, then for dinner I had more beef broth with dried potatos, and a scoop of cream cheese for that whole Turkey day feeling but when I woke up I noticed my rings were tight, and thought hummmmmmm, went and checked the sodium on the beef broth box 1100mg per cube I had 3 cubes yesterday aaarrrggghhh that is a lot of sodium ( I would say Water retention here I come) So I'm off to town to find some low sodium beef broth.

Gotta say I am kinda hooked on my gruel!

I did manage to walk for 50 minutes yesterday (yeah me):Banane04:

I'm waitnig till Dec.1st to go get my X-mas stuff out of storage, but may stop by today and do a visual. All my stuff is in storage, since I moved in with mom to get my lap-band...

I am pretty sure I kept my decorations accessable as it is my favorite time of year.

Apples...glad you got your color back:waytogo: .

Happy birhtday Phyl!:party:

Everyone else please have a great day!

I am soo frustrated with this site! I still am not getting e-mail notifications, and it is messing with my routine! I used to like to check my e-mails at 8:00 btween fb and lbt I would spend a couple hours. Then time for my walk. Anyway enough of that.

So I am still on mushies, and yesterday I made beef broth, with some dried mashed potato flakes, Breakfast and lunch, of course I had my protien drinks, then for dinner I had more beef broth with dried potatos, and a scoop of cream cheese for that whole Turkey day feeling but when I woke up I noticed my rings were tight, and thought hummmmmmm, went and checked the sodium on the beef broth box 1100mg per cube I had 3 cubes yesterday aaarrrggghhh that is a lot of sodium ( I would say Water retention here I come) So I'm off to town to find some low sodium beef broth.

Gotta say I am kinda hooked on my gruel!

I did manage to walk for 50 minutes yesterday (yeah me):Banane04:

I'm waitnig till Dec.1st to go get my X-mas stuff out of storage, but may stop by today and do a visual. All my stuff is in storage, since I moved in with mom to get my lap-band...

I am pretty sure I kept my decorations accessable as it is my favorite time of year.

Apples...glad you got your color back:waytogo: .

Happy birhtday Phyl!:party:

Everyone else please have a great day!

Thanks, Kelly!! Wow!! It's cold here!!

Had a great birthday and Thanksgiving!

Hope you all had a GREAT day, too.

We are not liking this new format, are we???!! I'm not getting all my thread notifications, and I'm sure it's no longer taking me to the last post I read! GRRRR!!

:unsure::angry::blink::(

Experimenting!

This is a TEST!

Hello .................... how's everybody doing????? No Black Friday shopping for me.... We did that once and that was enough...... I think we are going to go tomorrow.... I'm really unprepared for Christmas this year... I don't even have ideas for anyone.... too much else going on this year and my brain didn't take time to think about Christmas yet.....I guess I'll have to force myself.....

I got all my food managed and put in order and as of this morning all the dishes and such are clean and put away..... I'm always glad to get that done... I hate having people do dishes at my house... I don't have a dishwasher and just really like to do it myself in my own time... So, it's all done and that's good... I should really be doing some laundry, but too lazy.....

I actually made it all day yesterday with out pain. I woke up early (5:30) and just laid around untill about 7:30... then got my food going... So I thought after the big day I would be very tired... But I was awake until almost 3:00am.... just couldn't sleep.... Woke up about 9:00 this morning... I'm usually an everyday weigher.... but since I put on those pounds a while back I haven't been doing it as often.... I've been up as high as 294 from 278 low the past couple months... blaming on medication mostly....... I haven't done anything different lately, but this morning I was 287...... I was pleasantly surprised.... so only 10 pound to go to be back to my all time low.... I still have hopes of getting back to losing....

Janet, you have a wonderful time now on your trip.... will be thinking of you.... be careful....

All you others who are decorating today have fun.... I'm just not ready... Maybe Monday....... I have 2 doctor appointments next week, too, but should be able to get it done anyway.....

I'm not getting the e-mails... I was when I checked that one box, but then it was an e-mail for every posting... too many..... I think I checked the one a day box, but haven't had any since...... I think they must be having some bugs......

Hope you all have a good day.... Joyce, glad you are back from your trip..... Was it good??? I'm sure seeing those kids was a kick........ Well, bye now everyone... talk to you later.... Julie

rolleyes.gif scale shows still 31 lbs. lost and staying off since June. Yippee. Once exercising begins, I expect to move toward goal.

Arlene - daughter and GS are here from Houston. Will share how cold it is there. About the same as here in K.C.

Life is so different with the band. Now instead of how much can I eat, it is what will stay down and how can I be sure to get the Protein in. I'm bruising easily again, which has always been a sign of insufficient nutrients for me. Showed the doctor, & he seemed uninterested and unconcerned. Oh well. Before band I took up to 15 supplements per day - recommended by a bio-chemist nutritionist after a complete blood profile. Now I don't take them. (Won't go thru the band)

Janet - have a great time in Mexico with family.

Apples - enjoy decorating your home. With our Jewish household, that's another thing I don't do - like cooking.

Tx - Glad you survived your first "banded" holiday - it was my first too. What a loving husband to shop on black Friday.

Yippee - one holiday past with no weight gain.

Joyce, Maintaining through a vacation is awesome! Good job. You mentioned exercising; what kind do you do? Of course any kind is good I am just curious and always on the look out for something new.

I think I would like to give meditation a try. The only problem is that I don’t even know where to start. I guess I will check and see if there is any place nearby that gives instruction.

This new site is not taking me back to the last post read. I just noticed that and realized I have missed several posts. :blink: