Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I have been mia the past couple of days, been real busy.

So I have been doing pretty well, just changing how I eat, making sure I am eating at least a little in the morning, lunch and dinner. Trying not to eat after 7:30. It is hard though!

Still get the bad reflux, even just after morning coffee with nothing to eat!

I have not gotten on the scale though, think I will tomorrow!

A few days ago you mentioned that you were going to contact your LB doc to see if you need a slight unfill. If you are still having reflux, you really do need to make a visit to him/her to see what to do about it. You don't want to continue to irritate things.

I lived with extreme reflux prior to LB surgery and hernia repair that I just don't think I would be willing to go for more than a day with it now. Reflux your body telling you that something is just now right.

Take care and let us know what you find out. Please make the call.

Jodi,

How cool for Dassi to do a commercial.

Nope that's not the case with my sisters, I have always gone when invited. I work it out somehow, as family was always so important to me. But now not so much. I will concentrate on my family meaning my kids and my new grandbaby. My kids already don't want much to do with them and they hardly have a relationship wiht them. Sad because they are the only 'kids' in the family.

It is sad...but just remember that famous saying and keep saying it....

"I am not responsible for other peoples actions".

Okay....after saying this....my mother just phoned and she is five minuets away!! Darn! need to get dressed. Now I need to say the above again. lol

Good Morning Gang...

Jodi - 1st thing I thought when read about Dassi doing commercial - was Bolonga isn't Kosher ;0)...

Yes..me too!!! ROTF.

Morning Gang! I am packed and ready to roll. I guess I will get the"pat down" today. DH always does because of his knees. My traveling son called this morning and asked if I was ready for a cavity search. I told him it shouldn't be any worse than a colonoscopy. He said EEEWWWW.....TMI. The joke was on him.

The weather here is great......same as Vegas only humidity.

I lost another lb, but found it. I haven't been able to go to the gym this week.....I have walked. I will be getting serious when I get back.

Okay peeps........I'll post on Friday night! I have my phone so you can always text me.

Love Y'all!!!!!!

Have a great trip.....Enjoy!!! Win big!!! or at least win!

Okay must get dressed..mom on her way to nurse me..... not good she isnt feeling well......who needs that ? lol

Love her but....

see above!!

Have a good day all

Jodi

Hi everyone, I was to see my LB doctor yesterday... he ordered an upper GI series of x-rays.... Doc said my band and my stomach and etc were perfect...... That's a relief......... Now to get on to whatever comes next... My pain has settled down in my shoulder a bit again.... I see my pain doc tomorrow and will probably get some more injections in neck and shoulder... Then I have an appt with a rheumatologist on 12-1..... will just have to continue waiting for my miracle.... but I am so glad to know my band is fine....

Janet, don't like the idea that you are alone on Thanksgiving..... I suppose it will be a restful day for you unless you do that walk thing.... Wish you could join us at my house.... you surely would be welcome..

Kelly........cute dog pictures..... welcome to our site..

Jodi, ypu, just take you own advice... great news about Dassi....

Lori, don't know why your family doesn't get it... Are they this unfeeling with other people, too, or just you??? I wholeheartedly agree with your plan.... that is what I have done with the 2 step kids.... I'm fine leaving them in my past, just have to be careful of DH's feelings... But mostly he feels the same as me... I did those walking tapes back when I was in losing mode, too... I should start them again, too.....

Melissa, hope you feel better soon... glad you went for an unfill....

Apples, glad your ordeal is over and you can get on with life.... sounds like that doctor is lucky you didn't skin him alive......

Sandy, hope your crud leaves quickly.... take care of yourself...

Cheri, so happy you can use your basement now for Thanksgiving... should be fun for you.... When my pain wakes me at night I do get up and work.. Usually paperwork or folding clothes or such....

TX, my mother had shoulder surgery a few months ago. she is 78..... she had such an easy recovery and is doing so well... I hope things go that well for you.. take care.

csolo, welcome and don't worry about those so-called friends... You take care of you and let them figure out you know what you are doing..... You'll be fine....

Laura, so happy to hear you sounding so up and positive... you do have a beautiful family and life..... the fact that you realize it is awesome... some don't.... are always wishing for more..... you are lucky.... thanks again for the advice.....

Laura K, WTG on being so close to goal.... I'm proud of you.....

Linda, glad you checked in... I'm sure you will make those 10 pounds with no problem....

Arlene, I know you left already, but have a glorious time in Vegas..... but it just won't be the same without your LF sisters....... Have fun......

Well, my little girls just left... Had them for a bit while SIL had a job interview here in our little town... He sounds positive about it.... this place had already hired someone, but when they saw his app they called him in for a different job.... Now they have a decision to make about what to do... a bit of a paycut, but this one has insurance and with 2 girls and the new baby coming, insurance is a big deal....

I have a church meeting tonight so should get my supper ready for DH so he can eat when he comes home... I have to leave at 6:00... Hope all are well and doing fine... Oh, NJ, glad you made it back to us..... gotta run... hugs and prayers for all.... Julie

Whew, first time to sit down at 'puter all day. Good to keep busy to keep my mind of my family drama. The latest: After telling DSis that I would not be able to pick up and deliver Grandma to her place for Thanksgiving dinner that I am not invited to, I got a scathing email wanting to know why, and why couldn't I spare 10 min. to do this for Grandma and asking what she is missing. I have yet to respond. The nerve. I haven't even emailed Gma yet today, I just need a break from it all today. I had Bible study this morning, lunch with the gals after, went to get my new reading glasses which don't fit right and have to be returned and to Ikea. Tonight is book club so just having a day off from things.

Arlene, have a good trip. Back away from the carbs!

Julie, a pay cut + health insurance might be like a pay raise in the end. HOpe it works out.

Jodi, are you sick if you mom is coming to nurse you??

Jodi...hope that stomach bug does not make it's way to yours...Be prepared and have things on hand to get you through if you do happen to get it.

Funny...Oscar Meyer...same thing flashed through my mind when I read it. The little Jewish girl hanging onto a big ole' hot dog or bologna.

I don't know how you do it all. I thought my life was busy but think back to when I worked and had young kids in school. Guess I just didn't have much time for anything other than family and work.

Well....the thick wool sweaters are lined up and ready to wear. In fact, I have three layers of wool on today. Cold and damp. Had not plans on leaving the house but something came up and I had to run a farm errand. Why do we live here?????????

Great...your sisters make me so angry. Don't give into their idiotic requests. They are having GM for dinner? Let them figure it out and try to not have guilt over it. No...DON'T have guilt over it. I know part of your guilt is because of your love for GM and wanting to take care of her. You just line up your own little visits with her when you can and let them figure out their own crap.

I am sure I would have answered that email by now and just let them know loud and clear that it just does not fit with your plan for the day. Screw them! Who the he!! do they think they are?

Janet is free TG day. Get her a buddy pass, have her go pick up GM and when she delivers her, she can jack up your dear sis's. Just don't give into what you do not want to do and do not let your guilt of not doing it ruin your holiday.

Gosh...I haven't said "screw" anyone for a really long time....it felt really good. It just released some of my anger. Thanks, Great for letting me say something rotten about your sis's

Thanks Apples for making me smile about it. I knew if I responded right away I might say something I might regret so am taking my time to craft just the right response, DH offered to help me. She can wait a day. I am leaning towards leaving it at, Grandma can't get in my car and hopefully she'll feel like the a$$ for righting the email in the first place. But I doubt it.

I pray every day that I am breaking the cycle in my family with my kids. I can see how dysfunctional my family is and even how my mom was raised by my Grandma, I am sure my family is far from perfect but I pray I don't repeat the same mistakes. It also didn't hurt that I submitted a prayer request for dealing with my family situation to my ladies bible study this morning.

Thanks Apples for making me smile about it. I knew if I responded right away I might say something I might regret so am taking my time to craft just the right response, DH offered to help me. She can wait a day. I am leaning towards leaving it at, Grandma can't get in my car and hopefully she'll feel like the a$$ for righting the email in the first place. But I doubt it.

I pray every day that I am breaking the cycle in my family with my kids. I can see how dysfunctional my family is and even how my mom was raised by my Grandma, I am sure my family is far from perfect but I pray I don't repeat the same mistakes. It also didn't hurt that I submitted a prayer request for dealing with my family situation to my ladies bible study this morning.

You know, it seems they do something like this every time there is some family get-together. You should be able to respond to that email without saying something you will be sorry about later. A simple "No, it just does not work with my plans. End of discussion. Have a nice Thanksgiving". If you get anything from them after that, it can be ignored. :(

That's how I did respond the first time and then she went there and sent this latest one. I may not respond at all to it and leave it at that. Then she will go tell my mom I am sure and then I will get a phone call from her to deal with. LOL

See there are some plusses with having moved away from my extended family! Just miss my kids

Julie you are too sweet to worry about me - I have places to go if that's what I want to do - but really looking forward to a quite day - Here's my schedule next week for Vacation

Monday Morning Gym (nite) move Furniture and pick things up off floor for carpeting cleaning on Tuesday -

Tuesday - Carpet Cleaning 9 - Dogs Groomer 9:15 - My hair appointment in Palm Desert at 10 - Tuesday nite move furniture back hopefully - cuz we are suppose to have cold weather next week - the move stuff off tile so that they can clean it Wed morning - Tuesday nite Gym

Wed Morning - Grout Cleaning - shake & Bake Tan (spray tan at the tanning salon then 10 min bake in a tanning machine) - Wed Nite Gym

Thursday - Turkey Day

Friday - Nails - Bank - Packing...

Saturday Plane leaves Palm Springs 6:10 I think - so that means I have to be at the airport by 5 and I have to go to DHS and Pickup Andrew - so that means - I have to get up around 2:30 leave by 3:30 be at Andrew's by 4 - load the car (15 min) then drive to the airport 1/2 hr - so that get's me there around 4:45 have to park - ck bags etc - will be cutting it sorta close..

And in the mean time - I need food - animals need food - gotta pay property taxes & bills -

So that's my plans for next week - I may decorate the house for Xmas on Thursday... I will need this day off ;0)

Apples - OMG ROTFLMAO - Yep Great get me a buddy pass I will take GM to your Dsis house - They will never bother you again - in fact they might be calling you apoligizing...

Great - You don't need to give them a reason - just say no - sorry - doesn't fit into my schedule..

back to work - drive by post ;0)

I'm so excited!! I told my mom today... "am I weird for saying, I'm excited to have surgery"... LOL

I think I have been mentally putting myself in the right place... I just wanna get it done and be on the other side :(

Good luck tomorrow -- it IS exciting -- you'll be happy you did it. Check back in when you can.

Julie you are too sweet to worry about me - I have places to go if that's what I want to do - but really looking forward to a quite day - Here's my schedule next week for Vacation

Monday Morning Gym (nite) move Furniture and pick things up off floor for carpeting cleaning on Tuesday -

Tuesday - Carpet Cleaning 9 - Dogs Groomer 9:15 - My hair appointment in Palm Desert at 10 - Tuesday nite move furniture back hopefully - cuz we are suppose to have cold weather next week - the move stuff off tile so that they can clean it Wed morning - Tuesday nite Gym

Wed Morning - Grout Cleaning - shake & Bake Tan (spray tan at the tanning salon then 10 min bake in a tanning machine) - Wed Nite Gym

Thursday - Turkey Day

Friday - Nails - Bank - Packing...

Saturday Plane leaves Palm Springs 6:10 I think - so that means I have to be at the airport by 5 and I have to go to DHS and Pickup Andrew - so that means - I have to get up around 2:30 leave by 3:30 be at Andrew's by 4 - load the car (15 min) then drive to the airport 1/2 hr - so that get's me there around 4:45 have to park - ck bags etc - will be cutting it sorta close..

And in the mean time - I need food - animals need food - gotta pay property taxes & bills -

So that's my plans for next week - I may decorate the house for Xmas on Thursday... I will need this day off ;0)

Apples - OMG ROTFLMAO - Yep Great get me a buddy pass I will take GM to your Dsis house - They will never bother you again - in fact they might be calling you apoligizing...

Great - You don't need to give them a reason - just say no - sorry - doesn't fit into my schedule..

back to work - drive by post ;0)

Janet...all I can say about your week (next) is whew....I just hope after all of that you are able to rest on vacation.

Apples, I can't believe your colonoscopy surgeon did that! Honestly, they need to realize some people do not know what the prep is like when it's their first time. They do now have pills which worked fine for me last time -- I can't drink that stuff with the band -- made me vomit -- and I called and they gave me the pills right away. So any of you out there needing one - just tell them the last time you tried the drink made you vomit and you want the pills -- you take them with a full glass of Water -- they too are salty, but better than the drink -- I can't remember but I think you take 8 pills with a full glass of Water every 15 mins. - something like that. But they work!! I have to have one EVERY year so trust me, I request the darn pills. Hate the prep.

I'm still way behind on reading, just trying to write a few responses as I read.

Lori, your family situation is very troubling. You need to go talk to a counselor (minister anyone) about how to deal with this. I say this cause I've finally decided to start going to counseling myself -- have an appt. for Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I want to learn some coping skills -- I have lots of issues from childhood, former marriage, relationship with my mom, etc. that I've never addressed and I don't cope especially well -- I tend to react as you do -- angry and then hurt and I think we need to start to react correctly to put an end to these types of problems. So, maybe you and and I can try to have a healthier mental health year. Sorry you are going through this. I agree you should just say no and not offer any reason. Just say no and be done with it. You do enough for them all without doing this. Makes me sooooo angry.

LauraK -- congrats on your progress -- like Apples said, I don't always notice people's tickers either. You're doing great!!!!

CBL.

Linda