Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I have read a few places in the forums where people have made the comment "I can eat whatever I want"...

I will be banded soon and I keep thinking about this a lot! In my head I believe that I should be making changes and actually not eating whatever I want, because that is what got me to the weight I am now. So is that just a general comment or are most of you eating all the things you want? I know there will be times that I have something I do want, but I can't make it all about that. If I don't make the entire life changes to make this work I might as well not do it.

Just curious ;)

Hi all,

I tried some of those 100 calorie popcorns and baked Cheetos and Sunchips stuff. Who could stop at one pack? It truly triggers my crunchie salty carb cravings. Not good.

Crazy days ahead. Having Thanksgiving here. Basement floor will be bare concrete still, probably but we'll be able to have the tables down there and the Wii set up and chairs all around. Sure won't matter if anyone spills. At least the walls and ceilings will be pretty much done and we'll have a working toilet downstairs so won't be overwhelming the upstairs one. People can split up between the upstairs and downstairs and there'll be plenty of room.

Lori so sorry about your PIA relatives. Holidays bring out the worst in people, and we always have expectations that this year things will be different and we will be appreciated and honored. Ha!

Welcome newbies.

Really tired tonight. Should sleep like a rock.

Cheri

I have read a few places in the forums where people have made the comment "I can eat whatever I want"...

I will be banded soon and I keep thinking about this a lot! In my head I believe that I should be making changes and actually not eating whatever I want, because that is what got me to the weight I am now. So is that just a general comment or are most of you eating all the things you want? I know there will be times that I have something I do want, but I can't make it all about that. If I don't make the entire life changes to make this work I might as well not do it.

Just curious ;)

That's a loaded question with many interesting ways to answer. First depends on what it is 'you want'. If it is to eat healthy and lose the weight and follow the rules given to you by your surgeon for success with the band, then yes I can eat whatever I want. If by what 'you want' is ice cream, sweets, junk food, all the foods that got us into this in the first place, well sure you can eat those too but you won't get the results that you want. Many of those foods are sliders and go right through the band. I could eat a whole heck of a lot of ice cream and never feel full. But if you follow the rules and eat Protein (hard proteins) then you will feel full faster and can have a treat once in awhile. My nutritionist said 10% of the time. The only foods that I can't eat because they get stuck too easy are bread, lettuce and Pasta. Though others can eat them, it all depends on your band and your restriction. I don't want to eat them so am glad I can't. Well sometimes I do want to eat them and then I am glad I can't.

Hi all,

I tried some of those 100 calorie popcorns and baked Cheetos and Sunchips stuff. Who could stop at one pack? It truly triggers my crunchie salty carb cravings. Not good.

Crazy days ahead. Having Thanksgiving here. Basement floor will be bare concrete still, probably but we'll be able to have the tables down there and the Wii set up and chairs all around. Sure won't matter if anyone spills. At least the walls and ceilings will be pretty much done and we'll have a working toilet downstairs so won't be overwhelming the upstairs one. People can split up between the upstairs and downstairs and there'll be plenty of room.

Lori so sorry about your PIA relatives. Holidays bring out the worst in people, and we always have expectations that this year things will be different and we will be appreciated and honored. Ha!

Welcome newbies.

Cheri

Why is it that we always think this year will be different? Like DH said they haven't appreciated you and have crapped on you for 52 yrs why give them 53??

I am the same way with the salty crunchy thing. Just can't have it. For me it's my chocolate. Some folks say they have to stay away from it, but I've never been a fan, but salty crunchy I have no control. And the healthy stuff just makes me want the real stuff to statisfy the craving.

Hi all,

Welcome newbies.

Cheri

So happy for you, Cheri...you got your basement back. It's been quite some time that you have wanted the repairs done. I hope you have a wonderful time hosting TG and spending time with your family in your new space.

Hey Bwhitty...your date is approaching quickly. Are you on a liquid diet prior to surgery? Nice that your family supports you.

My Doc actually had be lose 10% before surgery, so I've been doing that.

Apples & Janet, thanks for the comps on my ticker. I have been stuck for awhile. I need to up my exercise. Just haven't been walking as much because it's getting to cold. Do walk 4 days a week on my lunch time. Most weeks yoga x2.

Bwhitty, when some one says "oh you can't eat that" I say "I can eat whatever I want, I choose not to" I don't feel deprived that way.

Great, wtg on the fam issues. You don't need to give them a reason. Just I can't do that.

Cheri, yeah for you getting your basement back.

Arlene, have fun on your vaca.

My Doc actually had be lose 10% before surgery, so I've been doing that.

I guess I was just wondering if your doc had you on a liquid diet prior to surgery. I had to do a 2 week full liquids prior. But, only a few days of liquids after and then I got to move onto mushies.

Just a matter of hours for you now. How are you doing? Anxious? Ready?

I guess I was just wondering if your doc had you on a liquid diet prior to surgery. I had to do a 2 week full liquids prior. But, only a few days of liquids after and then I got to move onto mushies.

Just a matter of hours for you now. How are you doing? Anxious? Ready?

I'm so excited!! I told my mom today... "am I weird for saying, I'm excited to have surgery"... LOL

I think I have been mentally putting myself in the right place... I just wanna get it done and be on the other side ;)

Thanks for the support Apples, aRlene and Janet. You are right I do need to step back, just gotta figure out how to go about it. My sisters do take care of her but are more than willilng to let me do the mundane stuff. They about panicked when I mentioned before moving about them doing her banking etc. Well now they have gotten themselves added on to her account 'for convenience' so now there's no excuse. one of the things I am upset over is where Grandma spends holidays. Every holiday since moving she has spent with them. Every time I ask I get the same old lines how she doesn't make plans or promises and then as the holiday approaches says I promised your sister, or I don't want to interfer on your family etc. So DSis is having Thanksgiving dinner. I am not even invited. However, was asked today if I would pick up grandma and bring her to their place as it would 'really help out' Are you freakin' kidding me??? Now how do I tactfully reply? If I say what I really want to say, then it will blow up, mom will get involved, Grandma will be hurt, etc. I just don't know. But I did not drive 600 miles for Thanksgiving just to help them out! I will have Thanksgiving with my inlaws anyway, but it would've been nice to have been invited and would've tried to work out to be both places. GRRRRRR Oh and already after we asked Grandma to spend Christmas eve with us, she is committed to my sisters as well, and you guessed it, we were not invited.
I just told my DSis (and D in this case is not for Dear!) Sorry but no I won't be able to. She doesn't even need an excuse (which I have plenty of LOL number one Grandma can't get in my SUV it's too high).

On another note, Apples, I've been meaning to ask, I probably missed something when I skimmed posts after being gone. When and where in AZ are you going? I know in Vegas you were talking with Eva about renting a house of her's. Sounds fun and a good break from the cold for you.

Lori - I am glad to hear you told them NO.. They don't invite you but want you to drive 600 to take GM to their house - WTH??

I am glad - I am having a quite Turkey day - I may walk in a 5k for local charity - Martha's Village..

Just curious :lol:

I can eat what ever I want - To me this means - I can eat shrimp - veggies - salads - meat - bread - Pasta - Alot of the foods that some banders can't eat..

When I say bread - I haven't tried a subway - or hamburger on a bun from like a restaurant - I can eat lite sandwich bread and Orowheat thins (both sandwich & Bagels) But do I eat then often - nope - I may have a sandwich every 6 month..

When I say I can eat whatever I want - it's food that's healthy - a lot of banders can't do chicken (white meat mostly) shrimp - I can as long as I eat slowly and chew - I don't do well with stringy or dry meats.. Again tiny bites and chew very well eat slowly..

I was a very high fat eater - greasier the better - I also ate alot of starches - cheese and rarely veggies - plus sugar - Cookies candies etc - and I didn't move = hell I couldn't - 250 lbs is a lot of weight ..

Now I eat what ever I want that's healthy - I don't do alot of cheese - I bake 99% of the time or bbq - I RARELY every fry.. I eat veggies with lunch & dinner - I have my treats but 2% of the time not 24/7..

Hi all,

Welcome newbies.

Cheri

Cheetos' nope don't stop at 1 bag - I leave them alone ;0)

Your thanksgiving sounds like it will be alot of fun

Why is it that we always think this year will be different? Like DH said they haven't appreciated you and have crapped on you for 52 yrs why give them 53??

I am the same way with the salty crunchy thing. Just can't have it. For me it's my chocolate. Some folks say they have to stay away from it, but I've never been a fan, but salty crunchy I have no control. And the healthy stuff just makes me want the real stuff to statisfy the craving.

Great - Sometimes it's salty/crunch - sometimes its sugar/candy choc - But mostly Choc is my down fall (sweets candy Cookies etc) I just don't keep anything in the house that I will over eat - even 100 cal snack packs - if I keep going back and eating 3-4 - the next place you will find them is in the trash..

Apples & Janet, thanks for the comps on my ticker. I have been stuck for awhile. I need to up my exercise. Just haven't been walking as much because it's getting to cold. Do walk 4 days a week on my lunch time. Most weeks yoga x2.

Bwhitty, when some one says "oh you can't eat that" I say "I can eat whatever I want, I choose not to" I don't feel deprived that way.

Great, wtg on the fam issues. You don't need to give them a reason. Just I can't do that.

Cheri, yeah for you getting your basement back.

Arlene, have fun on your vaca.

LauraK - Ya I need to kick up the exercise some - need to add treadmill on Mondays - since my schedule has changed..

I'm so excited!! I told my mom today... "am I weird for saying, I'm excited to have surgery"... LOL

I think I have been mentally putting myself in the right place... I just wanna get it done and be on the other side ;)

Yep IMHO the majority of our issues w/food are mental - more than physical - WTG

Well gang - back from boot camp - time to hit the couch and eat and watch some t.v. - been up since 4....

Hugs & Love to All.

Good Evening all..

Hope all is well.....Well..Dassi is feeling better thank you god. I am feeling so far fine..although mom not too well today.....hmm. She was with us all weekend. Not sure if thats a coincidence or it means a virus has struck! Hopefully it will have passed with me.

Went to my Tuesday weight class this afternoon. It was a good class. I like that class...its not arobic but....strength ?and resistance building using weights etc etc.

tomorrow morning im going to try boot camp instead of spin to see which class is better for me on Wed. I think on Fridays ill do cycling. Sunday morning step it up and yoga....so that will be one weights, two cardio, no three cardio and one weights. I guess I should do another weight class....or something for strength building....maybe on Thursdays I should do my own weight training..much like thr trainer did...independently and on Mondays....I need to do cardio as well but....I cant seem to get it together after the weekend to get to the gym in the AM...or PM for that matter. This is my plan for the week.....and next week and so on and so....lol This is the year for getting that program in place.....last year was about loosing the weight...this year about maintenance and exercise.....im so damn tired I cant think straight!

Nothing new on the contracts...wont be till after new years ill bet. Dassi got called for an audition for end of June.

A remake of the Oscar Mayer Wiener commercial. Well...I tried to explain to her what an icon of a jingle that orriginal was.....she just wasnt impressed. Kids.

I just think it will be funny.....her doing a bologna commercial.....glad she wont have to eat anything....as she wont do the commercial cause that aint Kosher she said. so true....

Well, good morning everyone! I really don't have any complaints. I do however, have to go to town today (yuk) I have several errands to run. The one I don't want to do is go to "Big Brands" tire place to get nitro in the tires and have them look at a buldge on one of the front tires:cursing:.

Then I'm off to the dr. to show them I don't have t.b.. Then over to the adult school to turn in my physical papers so I can get my books, and finally to the grocery store:rolleyes:.

Gonna try to walk two times today, I only walked once each of the last two days:eek:.

I know weather will be permitting because the next few days it will be around 70 degrees.:lol:

Well all for now!;)

Hi ho...you must either be going to school for teaching or health care something! TB.....we have to get a check every year at our physical. My primary only has one vial a year delivered and thats for my anual physical....always need that test with a 48 hr..return. Hate it. lol. Good Luck.

Jodi...good luck with getting your contracts in place for the program. What a good momma....sounds like you did just the right thing for poor little Dazzi. Stomach flu...yuk. Hope you don't get it. Do you keep anti-nausea meds on hand in case you do get it?

LauraK...oh good...according to you I have a little wiggle room and can whine a bit more on the thread.

Kelly...having to get new tires or repair ranks right up there with fixing the Water heater, Water conditioner, frig, dishwasher, etc. I don't like those surprise maintenance costs.

Here goes....*&^%$#@*(())))%%$##. Tomorrow about this time, all will be good.

NO...I didnt hear about any pill for anti nauseau....I should deff get some just in case. Do I need a script? What is the name of it? I will call primary tomorrow. Should have in house for sure. Thanks for that.

Okay everyone back from the LB Dr took 4.5cc out of my band. I am going to be on Prilosec for a while to get my stomach to settle down due to it is most likely irritated under the band from the acid, PBing and so forth. I have 3.3cc in my band like in the begining liquids till Wed. the soft/ mushie then start solids this weekend. I get to start over and this time follow correctly. Oh he was not surprised at the weight gain because of the issues.

I am go to my reg MD shortly cause I have had such a Migraine for two days and have not slept so she can give me a shot of toradol it is the only thing that really works. I might take tomorrow off to so I can get some rest I will keep you posted.

you see. Best to be safe...you were right to go to Dr. and now you can start again....and get back right on track!! Remember everyone reacts differently and you know now what you need to do when you dont feel quite right. We have to treat our bands with respect so to say.....lol. Hope you are feeling better!!!

Great...it's great that you will be getting back into your P90 routine again. I remember you posting about how much you worked out at home prior to your knew replacements. I sure will enjoy getting the old Lori back. What I mean by that is.....I miss your enthusiastic posts about your exercise routines and miss your positive posts about what you ate for the day. I really, really miss those posts.

I get email notifications from Coldwater Creek. I don't think I have ever ordered online from them but I clicked onto their clearance email that they sent me today. I looked thru all of their clearance items. OMG...really good deals and a lot of the items were for winter. Just wanted to share if anyone is looking for clothes at a good price. Worth a look. I didn't order anything (in need of nothing) but if I needed clothes, my shopping cart would have been filled up.

Feeling very nauseous from the Miralax and Dulcolax combination. Not tough drinking it but it is upsetting the stomach. Whine. Going to go lay down and might just have to take my first ever anti-nausea med. Bleck. )(*&^%#@$^%&

Oh I love coldwater creek. I can see you in all those great clothes...apples. Perfect for you.. Have you never seen any of there clothes? I was so addicted to every outfit that they have....I used to spend hours circleing outfits and the jewlery etc to match with the shoes and bags and belts...and saving up my pennies buy from the catalogs....now they have two stores close by but guess what??? I dont buy anything anymore because Im too darn busy to look at a catalog when it comes! lol. Besides the fact that have not bought anything new...really for the last 5 years...except from the thrifts lol. Hope you had fun!!!

Junking up the thread....

Just had to share another whine. I didn't have any poopcicles on hand so stopped and got some. Now, you have to realize we live 15 miles out. Red and grape are not allowed but orange is. So, as I am in the freezer section I am counting orange. OK...6 orange will get me through. I get home and there are 2! Damn the person who loaded that package.

Ewwww....Poor Girl! Hope today is better. It's not the stomach flu, is it?

Stupid, stupid Doctor. Cannot believe what he prescribed for me as a prep. NOTHING...until 11pm and I drank what I was supposed to early in the day. And his recipe didn't do much except for keep me from sleeping. Tired, hungry, feeling sick and pissed is not a good combo.

I might just get turned away. I had extreme nausea (upper stomach) all day long. I am not a person to ever lay down during the day. I could barely get off the couch after 5pm...that's how sick I was from that Miralax. Never again. And, he'll be lucky this morning if he can get the boot out of his A$$ after I tell him what I think of his cooked up plan of action.

you are braver then me...girl. I dont know if I would have gone through with that after realizing that they made me miserable for naught. With me you get one chance....if you screw it up you are history. Oh no....no no. You are too good. Id have really let them all have it. well....I do that often actually. I guess its a NYker thing to do. But....its over and like you said.....you will not go back to him again,...pompous ass that he was.

Thanks for the support Apples, aRlene and Janet. You are right I do need to step back, just gotta figure out how to go about it. My sisters do take care of her but are more than willilng to let me do the mundane stuff. They about panicked when I mentioned before moving about them doing her banking etc. Well now they have gotten themselves added on to her account 'for convenience' so now there's no excuse. one of the things I am upset over is where Grandma spends holidays. Every holiday since moving she has spent with them. Every time I ask I get the same old lines how she doesn't make plans or promises and then as the holiday approaches says I promised your sister, or I don't want to interfer on your family etc. So DSis is having Thanksgiving dinner. I am not even invited. However, was asked today if I would pick up grandma and bring her to their place as it would 'really help out' Are you freakin' kidding me??? Now how do I tactfully reply? If I say what I really want to say, then it will blow up, mom will get involved, Grandma will be hurt, etc. I just don't know. But I did not drive 600 miles for Thanksgiving just to help them out! I will have Thanksgiving with my inlaws anyway, but it would've been nice to have been invited and would've tried to work out to be both places. GRRRRRR Oh and already after we asked Grandma to spend Christmas eve with us, she is committed to my sisters as well, and you guessed it, we were not invited.

You are always doing for everyone Apples....always flying up and taking care of things...when you moved I remember you saying this was going to be the hardest part of the move.....

not being able to take care of GM. as you were...but you are entitled to live your life and not have to take care of the nitty gritty any longer....its someone elses turn and your turn to just come and enjoy those visits when you do visit without having to take care of errands etc etc. Human behavior is so predictable sometimes.....you knew they were going to expect you to still take on the same role that you always did...esp during the holidays.....you shook things up by moving....maybe they knew that you wouldnt spend the holidays with them anyways...because you never do so they thought why ask?? Thats lame but I know.....I dont ask my brother anymore to come for Friday night dinners or holidays because when I did ask it was always no thanks ....we are going to Lisas parents, friends, somewhere else....after a while....I just never ask....last year....my sister asked if I had asked him to come and I was like um um no. meantime.,..turns out they didnt go but because I didnt invite them they werent going to invite themselves. hmm

That showed me.....I felt bad...so we all kind o f fall into these behaviors and cant change the pattern....they are doing the same. im sorry that you are having such a hard time with them!! You deserve better.

Well...must go to sleep. Have a great night all.

Jodi

Jodi,

How cool for Dassi to do a commercial.

Nope that's not the case with my sisters, I have always gone when invited. I work it out somehow, as family was always so important to me. But now not so much. I will concentrate on my family meaning my kids and my new grandbaby. My kids already don't want much to do with them and they hardly have a relationship wiht them. Sad because they are the only 'kids' in the family.

Good Morning Gang...

Jodi - 1st thing I thought when read about Dassi doing commercial - was Bolonga isn't Kosher ;0)...

WTG on the gym -!!!!!

Well gang not much to report since last night - had salad w/ck for dinner and a couple bites of roasted butternut squash - I think new fav - bought already cubed squash at costco - sprayes w/butter pam - salt & pepper and roasted in the oven - wanted more - but band said no after the salad..

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I have been mia the past couple of days, been real busy.

So I have been doing pretty well, just changing how I eat, making sure I am eating at least a little in the morning, lunch and dinner. Trying not to eat after 7:30. It is hard though!

Still get the bad reflux, even just after morning coffee with nothing to eat!

I have not gotten on the scale though, think I will tomorrow!

Morning Gang! I am packed and ready to roll. I guess I will get the"pat down" today. DH always does because of his knees. My traveling son called this morning and asked if I was ready for a cavity search. I told him it shouldn't be any worse than a colonoscopy. He said EEEWWWW.....TMI. The joke was on him.

The weather here is great......same as Vegas only humidity.

I lost another lb, but found it. I haven't been able to go to the gym this week.....I have walked. I will be getting serious when I get back.

Okay peeps........I'll post on Friday night! I have my phone so you can always text me.

Love Y'all!!!!!!