Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi everyone, just a quick check in before bed... Had a nice relaxing day today and not much pain.... this is good...

Cheri, I'm with you on the purses.... since my shoulder neck pain I try not to carry a purse at all if I can help it.... I take one with me, but either do the cross body thing or just put a credit card and a little money in my pocket and leave it in the car.... I do have just a little wallet that fits in my pocket, too.... And I try not to pay very much for a purse.... I guess I'm cheap....

Jessica, I'm sure glad I'm not the one in school... a test every Monday morning would be a good way to ruin a good weekend... You are young and can handle this much better than I would....

Jodi, the wedding deal sounds like more than it is... It's just going to be very simple... We live in a small town and although I could pay to have it catered, DD wants me to do it... I used to be a caterer when I owned my restaurant. And that experience makes it a lot easier to handle. I have experience with large crowds for food. and the decorations and such a just good organization... and I've always been an organizer.... So don't give me more credit than I deserve..... but thanks for the compliments.... glad you had good time alone with your DD.... She'll be fine now, about the dog and such......

Gwen, you sound so down..... It is going to get better.. You are just so in the early stages and it seems like nothing is changing, but it is... Just keep doing what you are doing and things will start to happen soon... You have a lot going on...... Hang in there....

Arlene, here's hoping that pound goes fast and stays away forever..... good luck to you... you work so hard..... glad your back is better....

Eva, shopping with my husband is fun sometimes, but he is the one who has to watch what he spends.... glad you guys had fun... I love cooked cauliflower, but DH can't stand the smell even, so I rarely eat it.... Your countdown is exciting I'll bet.. and sometimes it seems like those days will never pass..... but they do.... enjoy...

Joyce, hope this fill goes better for you... DH took me out to eat tonight and I orderd some chicken drummies.. I ate one and that was fine... and then the second went well, too.... It was the first bite of the third that sent me to the bathroom to throw up... I hate that...... I remember when I got unfilled and then refilled gradually... It was a little like starting over... good luck..

Janet, I'm with the rest... you are an amazingly lucky shopper..... you and Apples get the best deals...... I'm never that lucky..... Of course it would mean I would have to shop more and that's not my cup of tea!!!!

Lori, what kind of pond is your DH putting in???? I'd love to have one, but in ND!!!! Some people do and even have fish that live under the ice all winter, but DH isn't interested, so I guess I won't have one.....

Well dearies, time for bed... A new week is before us and I, for one, don't have any appointments at all!!!!! Doesn't happen much anymore.... the daycare is full up tomorrow so I will have to have Mimi from 10-6.... So I'm just going to take it easy..... Night all..... Julie

Good morning peeps! I just finished my morning walk. I bought a pedometer with a calorie counter. I burned 267 calories this morning. That means I am burning that much at night too. So why am I not losing? I am going to monitor my Water, Protein, and carbs today. I think the culprit is carbs.

Do any of you buy a frizz serum for frizzy hair? My hair is frizzy because under the color is a lot of gray. Anyway, I bought a Garnier frizz and shine serum to put on my hair after I wash it. It is awesome! I can't believe how soft and manageable it is. I am so behind the times with products.

Have a great Monday!

Apples, thinking of you today.....hoping you are on the mend? HUGS!!!!

At the airport awaiting a flight to denver to see grandma. Talk to you when i get back

oh and gwen i had my knees done two months apart

Good morning,

Got up kinda early this morning. My son crawled in bed with me but couldn't really sleep. Trying to get some plans etched out for his birthday next month. We wanted to have a couple people over but our apt is too small. I considered the club house. After talking to the manager I realized it is too expensive. I am thinking maybe I could do it at my dads house. I don't get to see or talk to my Dad much though. He is always busy. Not sure about asking. Also considered the museum. We are members so we get a discount. Gotta call about that today. I am trying to convince my husband to plan this since I will have so much on my plate. He hasn't put much thought into it though.

Also trying to find a sitter. I will need someone to get Jake to and from school a couple times a week. The extended day program doesn't have the hours I need. I will be calling my Dads girlfriend today to see if she is intrested. If not I will have to hire a stranger. That is alot of work. Makes me nervous too.

Also plan to get some excercise on my wii today and eat what my doc recommends. This morning I was fixing my son Cereal for Breakfast and out of habit almost grabbed a handful. Things tend to sneak in that way.

Those are my plans for today. Hope yall's day goes well.

Me again, you aren't rid of me after all. I didn't get on my flight. The joys of flying non-rev (which means employee non revenue and standby). So I am back at home and need to go back to the airport to pick DH up from work later since I rode in with him this morning. I may try again on Wed. but not sure, Grandma is being ornery. LOL She insists she can't miss her lunch at her assisted living place that day to save her 'spot'. LOL But my kids may both be off work that day and if so I will go spend the day with them and take them to lunch.

So knees, I think I mentioned in my last post at the airport but not sure now, but Gwen & Phyl, I had them done about 7 weeks apart. I just finished therapy on one and did the other one. I did great and couldn't believe how strong the first one was already.

Pond: Julie, we are putting in a small pond with a Water fall and some plants around it, in it and some fish. DH had a much larger one in CO but Lucy my part lab/part Viszla dog thought it was her own personal spa. She loves water and has been in this one 3 times yesterday as it was filling. LOL DH got some flagstone and staggered them to make the water fall and is in the process of building it up. As long as part of it is at least 3 feet deep the fish can live in it all winter. We got to 15 below a few times in Denver and each winter they survived. I love the sound of the water especially at night in the summer with the bedroom window open.

Arlene, I might need frizz serum if I lived in humidity but not needed her usually. Another reason I hate humidity. LOL

Apples, hows the arm, coming home today??

Good Morning Peeps...

Sorta took the day off yesterday from the computer - cuz when I get on it - I don't get things done around the house like I should.

Had Plios yesterday morning - then went to Marshall's then home - did stuff around the house - took a cat nap (maybe 30 mins) then went to Target - dinner chicken Catchattori (sp)

Phyl - I have a couple purse mistakes :0) I'm now hate dark interior purses - and won't buy them

I don't change purses daliy too much junk to transfer - but I do have my Tiganillo cross body - (love it which I used this weekend) but now back to my coach - needed a bigger purse today -

WTG on your Exercise Gang !!!! Keep it up...

Well I'm at work - gotta get back to it - just wanted to drop in to say hi

Oh heres the info on my PiYo Class - and We are going to do this other class next Sunday before Piyos

PiYo is an athletic blend of Yoga and mat method based on Pilates to enhance muscle strength and length. Also designed to improve posture, flexibility, & physical awareness. Exercise progressions are taught to make this workout

BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.

</SPAN>

Edited by IndioGirl55

Hi to Everyone! Y'all are a busy group! Weeding and Wedding and Walking and, of course, Shopping. I burn calories just READING about your activities. (I wish...)

Julie--300 guests? WOW! I hope DD has her dream wedding AND dream marriage. I am going to Boston on Thursday for my nephew's wedding. He's also my godson. He is marrying a lovely young lady that just adores him (which makes us happy!) and he adores her. The wedding is Saturday night--formal affair.

OK--beat this--bought a pair of sandals, originally $35, but on sale and additional discount and a coupon--got them for $2.41.

Gwen, remember that anesthesia can put you in a "blue funk" for up to a month after surgery. You are doing so well. It DOES get better. Trust that the band works--if you work it. When are you coming to The Villages?

Eva, you will love retirement. I did it at age 52 and have not regretted it one day. Your life will be your own! It's even better than you think it will be. My goal is to be retired longer than I worked! My prayers of gratitude always include the Georgia State Teacher Retirement System--LOL and in 3+ years, I will include the Social Security Administration.

LOVE reading the puppy stories--I told a lady at the dog park about a new Pom that had just been turned in to the shelter where I volunteer. She wants to meet her--it would be a great home AND I would get to see the puppy at the dog park.

Sooo--I haven't "eaten" since last Wed. I am doing Optifast. I lost 6 1/2 lbs. This was just to bump the plateau. When I return from Boston, I will go back to a normal--healthy--plan of eating. Then I will take however long to lose 20 more and I will be in the range I want.....I am going to do the JANET plan--(we're her groupies LOL)

This is getting too long. You probably had to take a restroom break while reading this.

ooxoxox

Hi to Everyone! Y'all are a busy group! Weeding and Wedding and Walking and, of course, Shopping. I burn calories just READING about your activities. (I wish...)

Julie--300 guests? WOW! I hope DD has her dream wedding AND dream marriage. I am going to Boston on Thursday for my nephew's wedding. He's also my godson. He is marrying a lovely young lady that just adores him (which makes us happy!) and he adores her. The wedding is Saturday night--formal affair.

OK--beat this--bought a pair of sandals, originally $35, but on sale and additional discount and a coupon--got them for $2.41.

Gwen, remember that anesthesia can put you in a "blue funk" for up to a month after surgery. You are doing so well. It DOES get better. Trust that the band works--if you work it. When are you coming to The Villages?

Eva, you will love retirement. I did it at age 52 and have not regretted it one day. Your life will be your own! It's even better than you think it will be. My goal is to be retired longer than I worked! My prayers of gratitude always include the Georgia State Teacher Retirement System--LOL and in 3+ years, I will include the Social Security Administration.

LOVE reading the puppy stories--I told a lady at the dog park about a new Pom that had just been turned in to the shelter where I volunteer. She wants to meet her--it would be a great home AND I would get to see the puppy at the dog park.

Sooo--I haven't "eaten" since last Wed. I am doing Optifast. I lost 6 1/2 lbs. This was just to bump the plateau. When I return from Boston, I will go back to a normal--healthy--plan of eating. Then I will take however long to lose 20 more and I will be in the range I want.....I am going to do the JANET plan--(we're her groupies LOL)

This is getting too long. You probably had to take a restroom break while reading this.

ooxoxox

Judy

Congrats on your 6.5 lbs !!!! Glad to hear this was just a jump start - I'm ok w/that - imho we just have to learn to eat for our bodies - some of us can eat some carbs and be ok - some have to be very very careful w/them.

Do you have any exercise classes at your Sun City.. I would think they would - I know alot of our 55+ communites have them ..

As you all know I am a firm beleiver in doing both - eating healthy and exercise - they go hand in hand in our new healthy lifestyle..

WTG on the shoes !!! Now that's a deal ;0) Don't you just love them ....

Lori - would love to see a picture of the new pond. Sounds lovely. Dealing with wet dog would be an issue for me.

Julie - enjoy Mimi today and take it easy.

Janet - still can't get over size "0". You rock, sista.

Judy - what a deal on the shoes. Challenge all of us to find a better deal than that.

Way to go on 6 1/2 lbs. too. Enjoy the wedding in Boston.

I'll post a pic of the pond when it's done, tight now you'd think what the heck is that? LOL

So excited, DH called to say he has our rooms booked for Hawaii next week! 3 nights in Maui and 2 in Honolulu. I love that he has to go to Hawaii for business, poor guy, but lucky me!

Hey gang, Mimi is sleeping so thought I'd try to do this now... I just finished making supper.........half for us and half for our friends.. She is the one who had brain surgery last Tuesday... She came home on Thursday!!!!! I was flabbergasted....... But anyway, thought I would take supper out, but have to do it shortly.... So it will have to be reheated... Beef stroganoff hotdish, cucumber salad, cookie salad and yellow cake with penuche frosting.... Just waiting for the frosting to be ready to spread....

Well, I finally got a call from the administrative guy at the clinic about my doctor.... He said he talked to her and that the letter stands..... that's all he said.... I told him that it didn't tell me a thing and he acted like he was dumb..... I said I didn't intend to force her to treat me, but I wanted an explanation.... He said it was about the pain management drugs and the conversation with her nurse..... See, I told you it was that nurse who screwed this up...... I was not happy with his responses... He tried to tell me that they had lots of fine doctors at the clinic, but I just said thank you, I'll take care of my own medical needs... I've been a patient there for almost 40 years and all my other doctors are there and I will continue with them, but I've lost respect now...... I feel like my character has been defamed...... Not a happy camper.... I'm contemplating a certified letter of response to the doctore just to get my voice heard.....not the nurse's.....

Judy, WTG on the shoes....... and the weight loss... see, we knew you could do it... I'm proud of you... Have fun in Boston....

Lori, hope your Denver trip works out on Wednesday... and yes ,I'd love to see the pond, too..

Janet hope your day is going well at work...

Jessica, husbands just don't think like we do.... It's just like this wedding I'm planning.. DH doesn't have a clue what it takes to do a wedding... Good luck finding a fun party idea for Jacob...

Well, better go take care of my frosting.. Hugs to everyone.... Julie

Julie, maybe you posted when I was away and didn't catch it when I came back and read fast, what was it that the nurse said to the dr?? How nice of you to take dinner to your friend. Some folks from my church in Denver did that for a week after my first knee surgery, it was so nice to get something new for dinner every night and not have to worry about it.

Jessica, I know you want a special party for Jacob. But really when my kids were young they loved the simple parties as much as the elaborate ones. Just a few friends and some cake and ice cream so don't feel bad if you can't throw him a big bash. And I agree, husbands don't get it sometimes. Well lots of times. LOL

hi all.....sitting here at work and thought id check in....

Today I am teacher, herapist, babysitter, nurse and mom. My boy is taking a nap so..just doing um nada and instead of eating...figured Id post!

No body is around...Mom working in basement and Nurse is on vacation and no replacement can be found so outside of medication im it. lol. Nice job.

Suppose I cant complain....there are days when I get peeved when therapists come and I dont get enough of my time in with him so today I get to do everyone elses job. Fun.

Brought my clothes with me to change for the wedding..where I will be dancing away the pounds. Israeli dancing mostly so that counts as exercize...doesnt it Janet?? lol.

I have one date set up for this week but actually am thinking about canceling it. This is a third date but I dont think its going be good idea..as im not really thrilled with him....so why bother going out with him and make him think that there will be something that isnt?? I dont want to lead anyone on.

Going camping this weekend in Bethel NY. This is real camping! No bathrooms, showers, Water no ovens....talking tent camping guys. Not sure im cut out for this but....my friend Renee wants to go..its this retro fest music thing..and there is a group of about 7 of us. I suppose I will be in charge of food and cooking so I will make sure everyone is going to eat healthy healthy!!!

They are going.....to hate me!!! lol Haah Haah

Biggest concern....

have to figure out how many gallons of water do I need to bring????

Okay for all you mathematicians...acountants or financia wizzes....

Ill have to bring jugs of water just for me....and hide them!!

so if I need 74oz a day and Im going for three days how many gallons of water do I need to bring??

Yes...I know im the teacher but...im a teacher of babies....no math involved!

uh.oh i was wrong....the respite worker is here!! Forgot she comes at 4:30!!! Well...then must go answer the door...and get ready to leave at 5 for wedding.

Have a good afternoon.....

Jodi

Jodi, 128 oz to a gallon, 74 oz times 3 days = 222 oz so take 2 gallons (256 oz) and have a quart extra and 2 oz extra. LOL Will you also need Water to clean up with? Bring lots of wet wipes! That's what I do when I go tenting it. I usually have extra water but we camp at such high altitudes here that you dehydrate quicker. Have fun. Bring a pad or something soft to sleep on!

Your talk about Isreali dancing reminded me of our trip to Isreal. We took a cruise on the SEa of Galilee and they taught us to dance to a song called Hava Nagela (is that you spell it)

Edited by Great2BThin