Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Reporting in after the sweet corn serenade - joke was on me -- by the time I shopped at all the craft booths and purchased GD and me matching aprons (too cute) DH and I walked up to get our sweet corn and they had just sold out - I guess I wasn't supposed to have any corn afterall - didn't have to feel guilty!!

Talk to you all tomorrow - Glad you're going to Argentina Eva -- happy to hear it - you deserve to enjoy yourself -- you're such a hard worker.

Sorry about the post Janet -- I know how awful that is -- that's why I usually type out my response in an e-mail and then copy and paste - I don't lose them that way.

Jessica, wtg on the extra scholarship money - it shows how smart you are -- good job.

Have a good night all.

Linda

Jessica, way to go on getting more grant money. You can do anything you set your mind to. You are doing great.

Phyl, Charlene, Linda & Eva Hugs on the aches and pains you have going on. You are all doing great.

Laura, I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Even with the situation, have a great time with your parents.

Janet, that sucks about the MIA post.

I walked 4.5 miles last night. Was going to take it easy but walking and talking just kept me going.

LauraK

Good Morning Gang...

Up early even though it's my FF - Taking Bella for hernia surgery at 7:45 this morning - Poor thing is looking for food & Water - but can't have any ...

Eva - Congrats on your Retirement !!!! Lucky Girl !!! South America - How cool... If I had gone to work for some place that had an actual retirement plan - I could be retired too.. Well to bad at 24 retirement was the farest thing from my mind..

LauraK WTG on your walking !!! You amaze me..

Charlene - I'm going to call you mini me (janet) on feeling guilty about not getting enough exercise and going for more.

Jessica WTG on your add'l grants !!!

Cheri- Good for you on lowering your goal weight.. Try more Fiber for the cholestoral thingie - mine was up too the last time I had blood test - they werent too concern said it was lack of fiber due to change in amount of food and diet..

Charlene can't beleive 2 yr has gone by...

Great be careful w/those knees - I am so proud of you for trying diff classes... Love the new attitude though - not afraid to try !!!

Laura - Glad you are going home early to help your parents -

Julie - Yep some of us need pple in our lives - I think that cuz I have been the head of my household for all my life - I don't know how to share that job - ;0) I like being the boss and I wouldn't want a man that I could boss - but don't want one to boss me - don't know how to have both ;0) -

Jessica - what did those intitals mean abn and something else..

Eva been coloring my own hair since I was a teenager - have had it done in the shop but they never got my color right - hell even I don't some time (well in the pass) cuz now I know the diff between cool color & warm color...

Well need to get dressed in a few - cbl

Good morning. Oh do I have a headache today, it started yesterday afternoon and hasn't gone away yet. I'm not going to the gym today (I did my 3 days this week anyway) but our plan is to go to Park City for the art festival and just might have to check out an outlet mall up there this afternoon. That will be lots of hilly walking at the festival so that will be my exercise. Just hope this headache gets better.

Janet, yep gonna be careful with these knees. I may give the pilates class another try but will improvise or sit out any exercises done from the knees. The other 2 classes did so much quad exercises and my quads and thighs are so sore but that is a good thing. I think the more I strengthen those muscles the better for my knees. At least that's what the therapist told me.

Eva, so cool about going to ARgentina. Will this be your retirement trip? You are still going to Vegas right?

Laura, hope your mom gets some relief. Glad you are able to go be with them.

Charlene and LauraK, you 2 are quite the walkers. Impressive!

Good morning. Oh do I have a headache today, it started yesterday afternoon and hasn't gone away yet. I'm not going to the gym today (I did my 3 days this week anyway) but our plan is to go to Park City for the art festival and just might have to check out an outlet mall up there this afternoon. That will be lots of hilly walking at the festival so that will be my exercise. Just hope this headache gets better.

Janet, yep gonna be careful with these knees. I may give the pilates class another try but will improvise or sit out any exercises done from the knees. The other 2 classes did so much quad exercises and my quads and thighs are so sore but that is a good thing. I think the more I strengthen those muscles the better for my knees. At least that's what the therapist told me.

Eva, so cool about going to ARgentina. Will this be your retirement trip? You are still going to Vegas right?

Laura, hope your mom gets some relief. Glad you are able to go be with them.

Charlene and LauraK, you 2 are quite the walkers. Impressive!

Oh love it headache too bad to go to gym but not shopping LOL !!!! I modify some of the stuff they do in bootcamp.. They have one where you get on your knee then get up then go back down - too much for me .. Yep quad muscles being sore is a good thing...

Hope you find great deals at the outlets...

I'm back from taking Bella for her surgery- got 2 estimates for car repairs -one $2800 the other $1000 - just called xdh to ask questions one guy said you can't buff out tail lights the other guy said you can - xdh confirmed you can - so will be taking it to the cheaper guy - my trainer took his car there so I do have references ;0).. and it's 1800 cheaper..

Xdh just asked me if I wanted to go to the river in the next few weeks - I said ya.. Now don't get all excited girls - we are totally friends - sound like he might bring his one niece (my fav she's 28 I think and maybe his mom - whom I love)

We will see - I would love to go to the river - use to have so much fun when we use to go.. Drinking a beer or road runner raper floating down the river or riding in the boat - doubt I can drink beer - haven't tried in a while - But I love sun and water..

Well I didn't get much sleep last night - had coffee too late went to bed around 11 was tired but couldn't sleep - finally fell a sleep around 2 - up at 5:30 -

May just go take a nap...

cbl ..

Well see, Janet, I lounged in bed with my headache this morning trying to get rid of it so I could go to Park City. LOL And I'd have to be really really bad to not go to the outlets, my Coach coupon expires in 2 days! LOL Yep gonna get me a new one, I hope! Been pumping Tylenol and even went to mcD's and got me a $1 diet coke, hoping the caffeine helps the headache. (I don't do coffee, yucky pooey!)

Yes, I would love to see a pic of the purple streaks too.

ADN is associate degree in nursing.

Janet, I've eliminated the bad carbs but picked up some things with complex carbs. Atkins has some surprisingly good things. Their Daybreak chocolate Chip Crisp Bar has 0 gram sugar, 10g Protein, only 3g net carbs. Atkins only counts the carbs that shoot up your blood sugar (hi glycemic) as carbs that count toward total carb count. The bar does have 6 g. fiber-most of it soluble because its made from soy and oats.

I still have to take my Miralax everyday--more than ever--because fiber makes me constipated--and the gas is unbelievable. Doesn't matter how much liquid I ingest.

I also found an Atkins candy bar called Endulge, only a couple of carbs, they use the sugar alcohols that don't raise your blood sugar so net carbs are very low. Tastes a lot like a 3 musketeers/milky way and it has protein and fiber. One of each of these a day seems to really take care of my cravings while keeping my carbs low.

I'm more into keeping my carbs low and my protein high than into total calories. I add some vegetables and a little fruit.

Both the Atkins products really fill me up. We'll see if they help with the weight loss, but they do add fiber and no simple carbs. And they taste good.

Took over an hour walk today. Yesterday no walk. Spent my day and night with various children--which does give you exercise.

Cheri

Hi guys~

Busy day today. Had to run most of my errands that were scheduled for next week. I called and was able to get my hair (color touch up) done today. She didn't have time for cut but that's ok- just had it cut a month ago & I trimmed my bangs last week. I bought more little gifts ($1 toys) than I usually do to bring on a trip with me. (bribe/rewards) I know Nels will have to self amuse more than normal and will have to be quieter since we are staying downstairs in the room next to my parents. Usually we have the whole upstairs to spread out and let him play- but with their company there we will be in guest. I am really going to miss DH this trip. Can't do it all- taking mom to the Dr on Monday morning and she wants me to do all the cooking this week. Problem is- I didn't do the shopping or menu- and she wants certain things cooked certain ways. (b/c of the guest from Turkey). It should get VERY interesting! Will put on my seatbelt and go for the ride! (with a smile on! Apples, I could use you even with one arm tied behind your back you could run circles around me in a strange kitchen!)

Janet~ hope Bella is ok. Good luck with the car. I HATE mechanics- always feel like I am getting taken for a ride. Funny that they don't give my DH a runaround. ; )

Lori~ Hope your HA is better. How was the shopping?

Judy~ hugs. Hang in there.

LauraK~ WTG! Wish I could get bitten by the same bug you did! WOW!

Jessica~ I saw some LC III on ebay with very good prices- better than any medical supply.

I didn't tell you guys yet, but I told myself that I would go back to work when Nels started first grade. I just printed some fresh resumes and will start looking when I get back from NC. There aren't as many NP jobs these days in my small town (so many cutbacks), but there are some part time ones. Only prob is many want weekends and nights and I don't want either. (just too tough with DH's schedule) I heard the health dept might want an NP in women's health 3 days a week. Hmmmm... To be continued. Haven't worked (other than volunteering at the free clinic) in 5 years. Eva~ you get out and I get in the rat race!

ok, better go get some work done. CBL.. peasout.. Laura

It works if you work it.

Keep moving forward!

Do not stop, do not let distractions sway you, keep your eye focused on the prize, the goal.

Do it, be it, live it, ROCK IT !!!!

Whoop Whoop!

Got this fromRobin De-Ivy is THE Protein QUEEN and the founder of Necessary Nutrition,LLC. We're on a mission to improve the eating habits and overall well-being of millions of people and their families.

Thought it was great love "the do it be it live it ROCK IT!!!

Thanks! Coach Janet! I just fixed DH and I chocolate Protein Shakes with banana......yummy! Now going to walk at sundown. The high school trainer at class told me to drink a Protein Shake in the evening before I walk. It will give me energy.

Cheri......I love those Endulge bars......especially the ones like Milky Way.

Laura......have a safe trip!

Great....how is your headache? I hope better. Take care!

Apples.....thinking about ya!

Linda......what did you buy at the craft show? Too bad about the corn......I love corn on the cob even though it is not on my plan.

Phyl.....how is the back?

I hope y'all have a great evening!!!!!

Well see, Janet, I lounged in bed with my headache this morning trying to get rid of it so I could go to Park City. LOL And I'd have to be really really bad to not go to the outlets, my Coach coupon expires in 2 days! LOL Yep gonna get me a new one, I hope! Been pumping Tylenol and even went to mcD's and got me a $1 diet coke, hoping the caffeine helps the headache. (I don't do coffee, yucky pooey!)

Great - I get those coupons weekly ;0) - Waiting for whats in the regular store to come to the outlets - I think it's Madison I like - even at the regular store its only $200 so at the outlet w/coupon should get if for like $80 ;0)

Oh I am a coffee person (not as much as Phyl) But I have 1-2 cups in the morning and will have one in the evening when I don't have to work or get up early so I can stay up at night ;0) I especially loveh the White Choc (sf) that Phyl turned me on to - can't wait for her to get to the desert - she is bringing me some - it's like Creamer but white choc and s/f - to die for - like having dessert..

Yes, I would love to see a pic of the purple streaks too.

ADN is associate degree in nursing.

You go girl - what kind of nurse do you want to be - my DIL is an ob nurse - she delivers babies ;0)

Day 2 of Optifast.

Guess who is hungry?

I will break this plateau if it kills me. And it might.

Judy - do you have the Soups - how about a salad w/it for dinner 20 yrs ago when I did optifast - I had Soup & salad for dinner

Janet, I've eliminated the bad carbs but picked up some things with complex carbs. Atkins has some surprisingly good things. Their Daybreak chocolate Chip Crisp Bar has 0 gram sugar, 10g Protein, only 3g net carbs. Atkins only counts the carbs that shoot up your blood sugar (hi glycemic) as carbs that count toward total carb count. The bar does have 6 g. fiber-most of it soluble because its made from soy and oats.

I still have to take my Miralax everyday--more than ever--because fiber makes me constipated--and the gas is unbelievable. Doesn't matter how much liquid I ingest.

I also found an Atkins candy bar called Endulge, only a couple of carbs, they use the sugar alcohols that don't raise your blood sugar so net carbs are very low. Tastes a lot like a 3 musketeers/milky way and it has protein and fiber. One of each of these a day seems to really take care of my cravings while keeping my carbs low.

I'm more into keeping my carbs low and my protein high than into total calories. I add some vegetables and a little fruit.

Both the Atkins products really fill me up. We'll see if they help with the weight loss, but they do add fiber and no simple carbs. And they taste good.

Took over an hour walk today. Yesterday no walk. Spent my day and night with various children--which does give you exercise.

Cheri

Cheri - you are the queen of all that tech stuff - I was just saying you need to increase fiber to help w/the cholestoral ;0) I don't know if pt has any fiber My pure pt shakes are low in carbs - like 4 i think or that may have been sugar - don't remember and got Bella in my lap so don't want to move. ;0)

Hi guys~

Busy day today. Had to run most of my errands that were scheduled for next week. I called and was able to get my hair (color touch up) done today. She didn't have time for cut but that's ok- just had it cut a month ago & I trimmed my bangs last week. I bought more little gifts ($1 toys) than I usually do to bring on a trip with me. (bribe/rewards) I know Nels will have to self amuse more than normal and will have to be quieter since we are staying downstairs in the room next to my parents. Usually we have the whole upstairs to spread out and let him play- but with their company there we will be in guest. I am really going to miss DH this trip. Can't do it all- taking mom to the Dr on Monday morning and she wants me to do all the cooking this week. Problem is- I didn't do the shopping or menu- and she wants certain things cooked certain ways. (b/c of the guest from Turkey). It should get VERY interesting! Will put on my seatbelt and go for the ride! (with a smile on! Apples, I could use you even with one arm tied behind your back you could run circles around me in a strange kitchen!)

Janet~ hope Bella is ok. Good luck with the car. I HATE mechanics- always feel like I am getting taken for a ride. Funny that they don't give my DH a runaround. ; )

Lori~ Hope your HA is better. How was the shopping?

Judy~ hugs. Hang in there.

LauraK~ WTG! Wish I could get bitten by the same bug you did! WOW!

Jessica~ I saw some LC III on ebay with very good prices- better than any medical supply.

I didn't tell you guys yet, but I told myself that I would go back to work when Nels started first grade. I just printed some fresh resumes and will start looking when I get back from NC. There aren't as many NP jobs these days in my small town (so many cutbacks), but there are some part time ones. Only prob is many want weekends and nights and I don't want either. (just too tough with DH's schedule) I heard the health dept might want an NP in women's health 3 days a week. Hmmmm... To be continued. Haven't worked (other than volunteering at the free clinic) in 5 years. Eva~ you get out and I get in the rat race!

ok, better go get some work done. CBL.. peasout.. Laura

Laura - Going back to work - I think a part time - couple days a week would be good. But again arent' you going to be room mom (or whatever they call them now a days ;0)

Bella's home with a collar on - she had 2 hernia - baby is sleeping right now..

Great - I get those coupons weekly ;0) - Waiting for whats in the regular store to come to the outlets - I think it's Madison I like - even at the regular store its only $200 so at the outlet w/coupon should get if for like $80 ;0)

Oh I am a coffee person (not as much as Phyl) But I have 1-2 cups in the morning and will have one in the evening when I don't have to work or get up early so I can stay up at night ;0) I especially love the White Choc (sf) that Phyl turned me on to - can't wait for her to get to the desert - she is bringing me some - it's like creamer but white choc and s/f - to die for - like having dessert..

You go girl - what kind of nurse do you want to be - my DIL is an ob nurse - she delivers babies ;0)

Judy - do you have the Soups - how about a salad w/it for dinner 20 yrs ago when I did Optifast - I had Soup & salad for dinner

Cheri - you are the queen of all that tech stuff - I was just saying you need to increase fiber to help w/the cholesterol ;0) I don't know if pt has any fiber My pure pt shakes are low in carbs - like 4 i think or that may have been sugar - don't remember and got Bella in my lap so don't want to move. ;0)

Laura - Going back to work - I think a part time - couple days a week would be good. But again arent' you going to be room mom (or whatever they call them now a days ;0)

Bella's home with a collar on - she had 2 hernia - baby is sleeping right now..

Coach coupons?? I don't need another Coach purse, but maybe we can go there when I get to CA!!

:mellow::redface::sleep: Is there a Coach store at that outlet mall in LV??? I might need to bring my little red scooter if my back isn't better by then.

Right now can barely walk to the car. I'm going to try a walk outside after dinner as back feels a little better after PT treatments today... he tugged on my leg... like traction.. a couple of times, and he did ultrasound massage and TENS unit w/ice. Tingling in my left foot was almost gone after the simulated traction. Being very careful about what I am eating, because this PT is not getting me the exercise I was getting previously, and no way can I go upstairs to the gym and ride the bike and use the weight machines!

Yeah, I am a caffeine freak! Quad shot latte almost every day, after about a cup and a half in the morning. Today I even had a Diet Coke after that.... a very rare indulgence. I probably haven't had 3 in the last 3 years. The SF white chocolate powder is very good. Still haven't looked at the calories... the can is already in the RV. This week they got a new flavor.... SF peach Syrup. I had it with the SF white chocolate the last two days and it is VERY good.

Wait... I thought I was the techy queen!!?? :lol::biggrin::eek: Can I at least be the co-queen?? And probably have to share that with Eva, too!!

Yeah, Laura... you are so busy... ambitious goal to go back to work! Hope you find what you want. Actually, appt I had today was with RNP, not doctor. Have no problem with that. Family medicine clinic I go to employs at least one, and I think P.A., too.

Glad Bella is back home. Probably sleeping it off the rest of today. Zoey didn't stay quiet for long after her surgery! We had a hard time trying to keep her quiet! And forget the hood... that was a wasted $10. She wouldn't wear it. She has been a little obnoxious today. She had THREE scooter rides.... Surf Shack, PT (Earl said I had to take her so he came and picked her up when I got there!), and jewelry store to pick up my rings. Had my rings inspected, cleaned and one prong had to be replaced. Third trip she was BAD!! I made the mistake of going past the Surf Shack to avoid some speed bumps. So she thought we should stop again so she could have more treats and more attention from whomever happened to be there. When I didn't stop, she kept standing up in the basket and trying to climb over the steering column in to my lap. And she kept it up all the way home. It was late in the afternoon and there is more traffic than when we are out earlier in the day, but she was being very bad and wouldn't stay down.

Then, when we did get home... she antagonized the cat. Kept barking at her and trying to get the cat to chase her. candy is not playful at all and she was not amused. She stood her ground and kept hissing at Zoey and swatting at her but Zoey just kept barking at her and trying to get her to "play"! It was interesting! Candy ended up cornering her under a table so she finally backed off. Candy has no claws... lucky for Zoey!

Good evening! I am home from the art festival and outlet mall. We scored at both. I got a new Coach bag at the outlet. Janet, I get the coupons all the time too, but figured when I finally was going to get a purse they wouldn't send any more. LOL I think the one I got is called a 'Brooke' style, it is a tan color, I had an orangey color picked out first but thought I might tire of it quickly. The store was packed, probably because of all the art festival traffic, they are expecting 50,000 people over the weekend to attend that, most will be tomorrow. Tonight was free though and we strolled the old Main Street of Park City had dinner in one of the cafes, it was real nice.

My headache is better, it was almost gone actually but seems to be coming back tonight. But I haven't taken any Tylenol since this afternoon.

Phyl, of course, there is a Coach outlet in Vegas, a few of them I believe as well as Ann!! If I get any coupons that are good in Oct. I will be sure to bring them or forward them to you.

Laura, the hospital I had my lap band at had a bariatric dept and the director of that was a NP. Perhaps you can use that in the bariatric world?? If it is meant to be for you to go back to work, I am sure the right thing will fall into your lap.

Janet, glad Bella is home I bet she's cute in her collar.