Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Judy, sorry to hear of your struggles. Glad you're taking care of it now, I commend you for your honesty. This is not an easy addiction - we are here to support you and encourage each other. Hope you find the strength you need to fight it one day at a time.

Janet, do you eat a banana every day? The potassium is important for leg cramps -- I eat a banana every day and haven't had a problem so far. I just know I remember reading that at some point. A banana a day keeps the leg cramps away.

Have a great weekend everyone. Julie, hope you're doing okay, worried about you.

Linda

I think it is important that we share about ourselves only. If I admit to my shortcomings, fine. We are here to support each other.

Jewell, you already have a warm and lovely bedside manner.

Judy - I didn't mean to offend you - I was just repeating a what you told the group of us in Fl - I apologize - if you thought I was being mean - that wasn't the point - the point was that we can never let our guard down or our addiction will come back to bite us in the butt.. Nor was this something you told me in private that I am repeating to the world - again - sorry Hugs Janet

Janet, I've been getting cramps in my right leg. It's in the lower calf and goes under my foot. It almost twists my foot sideways. Can't figure it, out I eat 1/2 a banana every day. Any of you medical people have any ideas for this?

LauraK

LauraK - that's how mine are it's my feet and the sides of my legs - as long as I am sitting up it's not bad it's when I lay down that the really start acting up..

I have had them the last 3 nites - but last night was the worse - I thought it was lack of Water the other night cuz I hadn't drank enough- but yesterday I did and took my vititmans - I use to have some potassium vit - but I guess I threw them out cuz I was looking for them last night - No I don't eat banana every day - did you know dates are a good source to (lol my dad was in the Date business and I remember him always telling me this ;0) I had been eating spinach and drinking OJ at night - but havent lately -

Will be getting some potassium today for sure - I didn't go to sleep till after 3 - at 5 set the alarm to go off at 6:30 - don't think I am going to work - I am pooped I think I am going to call in in a few then go back to bed for a couple hours - I have eye appointment at noon.. Then concert tonite (Earth Wind and Fire)

Judy, sorry to hear of your struggles. Glad you're taking care of it now, I commend you for your honesty. This is not an easy addiction - we are here to support you and encourage each other. Hope you find the strength you need to fight it one day at a time.

Janet, do you eat a banana every day? The potassium is important for leg cramps -- I eat a banana every day and haven't had a problem so far. I just know I remember reading that at some point. A banana a day keeps the leg cramps away.

Have a great weekend everyone. Julie, hope you're doing okay, worried about you.

Linda

Linda - nope like I stated above- I usually do eat foods with potassium but haven't lately - so like I said I will be getting some today :0) - it's a bitch when you are trying to sleep and your feel are cramping up..

Well gang - you will be hearing from me today- since I'm not going to work :0) lucky girls :0)

Janet, I've been getting cramps in my right leg. It's in the lower calf and goes under my foot. It almost twists my foot sideways. Can't figure it, out I eat 1/2 a banana every day. Any of you medical people have any ideas for this?

LauraK

I am not a medical person, but in nutrition class one of the girls was complaining about leg cramps at night and the nutritionist told her to take magnesium.

Good afternoon,

Feeling much better today.Got to the fitness center again first thing this morning. I tried to run on the treadmill but think I am gonna stick with the elliptical. Until I get in better shape. My legs were burning so fast and I don't have that on the elliptical. I am gonna try some zumba when the workout person at my doc office calls me. I heard from another staffer that she offers it but no one seems to know when.

Not much going on today. I have a tad bit of housework but no schoolwork to do.

I am backing away from the TV. I have left messages for a few friends to call me so we can plan a day at the beach or in the pool. Hoping to fill this empty time until my son's school lets out for summer vacation.

We are going on vacation over July 4th with all of Don's family. We expect some of them to back out of the plans (they just had a baby) but it will still be a busy time. My mil already sent us the menu she intends to cook. It was not band friendly so I am gonna have to take food seperate from everyone else. I was hoping but I can't blame her really for trying to serve the majority. I am glad she let me know what she was planning so I can be prepared. I am the only one who ever helps her cook. So it will be us two cooking for 16 people on a camp stove, lol. I am hoping she will buy one so I can use mine for cooking my fish and stuff. Last time we just used mine but there was only 5 of us. It will definately be an intresting weekend. We are gonna do some motorcycle riding through the mountains again and go tubing on the river. Overall I am excited about the trip.

Mrs. Bubba, I hope you are doing ok. Just wanna let you know I am thinking about you.

Charlene - I'll get some of that too - cuz I can't keep having these - I have had it before and I think I did take both mag & potass and they went away - I need to take my vitimans period and I'm really bad at that..

Jessica - suggestion - take some of your own food but eat a little of the reg food - I know that you are still in your weigiht loss phase but you have to learn to be able to eat a little regular food - you say not band friendly - what's not band friendly - if they have hamburger - I eat just the meat - if they have potatoes salad I have just a little. But I always eat my meat 1st so that I am full and don't have too much room for the junk

I will be gone too over the 4th - leaving 7/1 won't be back til 7/5 - it's our Lucky #7 get together - Everett Washington - where Phyl lives - we have a nice little beach house - I think there are 8 of us excluding Phyl's dh - who will be hanging w/us to..

Well never went back to sleep - got the house all cleaned - kitchen - vaccummed mopped - dusted (andrew doesn't dust but does everything else - so I can't bitch) clothes washed - patio washed - now have to get ready to go see eye doc at noon - omg it's 11 - I gotta jam

cbl

OMW a slow day - but that's how it usually is when I am around anymore...

Well went and got another set of contacts - I think we finally got it - these.

Went to GNC to get Potassium & Mag - the guy said that it's not just from not drinking for one day but from not drinking enough every day - he said it was potas that I need - but I got a pill that has both.. I have taken them - drinking mocha frappe lite w/3 shots -

While at costco - I got the most beautiful flower - and got their American Experss cc - that way I got 2% back on my purchase cuz they (flowers) were very expensive - but I love them..

Update on Julie

She's doing a bit better - got another shot - better w/muscle relaxers and pain patch - and got approval for nerve test

She hopes to be back in the next couple of days...

TWITTER UPDATE ;0)

Great found a house - a pic is on FB - it looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Got my little bit of house work done, Even built a grill today. It was a small one and I was gonna grill burgers for dinner. I didn't realize it needed put together. Ended up eatting taco salad instead. The grill is ready now for burgers tommorrow. While we were outside testing the grill we got a couple visitors. I had been saving some stale bread for them and it ended up being alot of fun for my son. Here are some pics.

post-19867-13813809818348_thumb.jpg

post-19867-13813809818786_thumb.jpg

post-19867-13813809819211_thumb.jpg

Jake has a teeball game in the morning then tommorrow night we are going to an opening exhibit at the museum. It is an exhibit about the Chronicles of Narnia. I love those stories. I read all of them in about a week. The children are wearing their PJ's so it sounds like it should be a fun time.

Managed to stay busy today and tommorrow should be busy too.

Hi all.....before anything else

My mom seemed to have these same pains in her calf and legs at night that some are reffering to. She saw a neurologist and he told her to drink gatorade. It was the electrolytes off? Well every day she has a glass of something like that or gatorade.....and after the first night...she hasnt had any pain at all. She told my sister about it who was experiencing similar symptoms. It helped her too.

Cant hurt to try. Hope it works.

Okay.....Hi again.

Well....This week was wicked. I was pretty much out all week and miserable. Today I started to feel better so.....instead of going to work on a Friday I figured....hey what about a me day?? (every day this month seems to be this lately) I could use a makeover....I lost 40 lbs. It was time for a new look. This was after I finished cleaning out my closets and dressers this week....only took about 3 weeks. lol What else could I do..in between nebulizer treatments and doctors checkups. Asthma sucks. But thankfully didnt end up in the hospital..this time. I have been admitted several times before. I seem to have a very hard time till the asthma breaks and I usually need a few days of IV steroids and nebulizer treatments and pumps...round the clock. What saved me this time....the weight loss!!! yes, apparently.....it has helped lessen the effects of a severe attack. Allergies are so bad this year. I havent been in hospital for about ten yrs.

Well....its breaking and thanks to all the oral steroids that I hate...but taking and the treatments....im good.

So, figured...perfect oppurtunity to get a makeover..

I went to a new hair salon that was recommended but havent gone to as it was supposedly expensive....bottom line....you get what you pay for. In the end....it would have cost more anywhere else for what they did to me lol.

I started out with covering the roots and grey coming in( I hate that grey)....and getting an overall darker color over the whole head. This made a softer look. It looked fabulous however they werent finished. When this was finished...the cut came...and what a fabulous new style. I noticed since surgery my front top seemed to be alot thinner....It was. (must take Biotin which was recommended)

He layered and shaped the whole head and then made side bangs.....longish then zigzagged and framed the face. He did good!

Afterwhich I went back to the colorist....she then gave me half head highlights around the face upper and soft gold in between. The whole effect was amazing.

Then I had waxing....mani/pedi all of which I hadnt had done including cut and color two weeks before surgery. lol It was time.

So...this was the end of my horrible week.....didnt end so badly!!!

Im doing the happy happy dance!

(My daughter didnt recognize me at first!!) lol

Thank god for shabbat...I need a good rest after today..might have pushed it a little.

Tomorrow they are having a big lunch at synaguage and so only had to cook dinner..thats nice too!!

Just thinking about getting stuff ready for shavuot holiday and being in Fire Island over the holiday is what I will be planning for the next over shabbat lol. Not good but must its..Tuesday soon enough and again....cannot buy a thing there must bring it all. lol

Still havent decided to cook before or there....still have a day or so to decide.

Must go shortly Dassi starting to yell its shabbos...so quickly......

Eva, enjoy your vacation.

Debra,,,,dont worry we will next time....sounds like you had an amazing trip!!! yes. Town bathing suits...outrageously expensive....but they last forever!! Ive had several for 15 yrs.; dont laugh. I never got rid of them after I got so heavy.

You saw so many people.....visitors!! I never see anyone. Good for you. Sounds fabulous!

jessica..Im going to Fire Island in NY. Sorry for the confusion.

Charlene,....Hope mom feels better.

Hello everyone! And yes, I have been in hiding. And no, it is not because of a man.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my band. I have gained back 42 of the 67 lbs. I am/was so disappointed. "I did it again!"

In the last 2 months, after much listening and reading and learning, I have discovered that I am a compulsive overeater. It's more than just eating the wrong things. There are things that go beyond what normal people do.

Today, I began Day One of my recovery. AND I am finding the band to be a good tool to help me. But it is more than willpower, it is more than having the right attitude. I have been lost and think this OA program can help me find sanity. I can follow this plan of eating today. I also went back to zumba. It's not about the weight and the clothes right now; it's about this addiction and learning to manage it...today.

I have been reading the posts tho. Congrats to all the success you are having. Congrats on the new teeth (I treated myself to a new smile for my retirement gift to me). Congrats on Boomer getting a home. (I fostered a chihuahua a few weeks ago and she has a fabulous home and will be the princess she deserves to be.) I pray for Julie to find relief. I am sorry about the job sh*t some of you are having. I think Jewell looks great. I smiled at the Tooth Fairy visiting Nels. And all the rest of the news.

One day at a time......we are all addicts of some form or another!!! Support is crucial.....glad to see you!!!

Okay....Janet....there was something but forgot..sorry will remember tonight at about 2AM. but cant post till tomorrow night......so sorry in advance. lol

and...to all a good night...

oh and a good shabbos.....and weekend to all.

must run.....

Jodi

Hi there, I`m new to this thread. Mentors thread may be just what I need.

I say I would fall into the `struggling LBT member`catagory.

As a brief recap of myself. Banded July 07, had a damaged Tube/port and had to have resurgery March 08.. Since then I have lost 65 lbs, but some has crept back on. I am now only down 55 lbs. I have been up an down these same darn 10 lbs for the past year.

I feel like a bit of a failure, although I run into people who have known me for a LONG time and always remark on how good I look... ( they don`t know that I just shoved a bag of peanut M&M`s into my face) I feel like a fraud and that I`ll keep on gaining weight.

When I have any kind of stressor.... I slip... then I get back on the band-wagon(pun intended) for a couple of weeks, start loseing then.... sabotage myself again...

If I stay on the computer every day, then I can`t eat/drink while at my laptop...

So, can I join your thread? I am imperfect, but am reflecting on my issues....

Peaches

OMW a slow day - but that's how it usually is when I am around anymore...

Well went and got another set of contacts - I think we finally got it - these.

Went to GNC to get Potassium & Mag - the guy said that it's not just from not drinking for one day but from not drinking enough every day - he said it was potas that I need - but I got a pill that has both.. I have taken them - drinking mocha frappe lite w/3 shots -

While at costco - I got the most beautiful flower - and got their American Experss cc - that way I got 2% back on my purchase cuz they (flowers) were very expensive - but I love them..

Very pretty flowers!

Hope these contacts work out for you.

Update on Julie - She's doing a bit better - got another shot - better w/muscle relaxers and pain patch - and got approval for nerve test. She hopes to be back in the next couple of days...

So glad for that update.

Was worried about her.... quiet for so long!

TWITTER UPDATE ;0)

Great found a house - a pic is on FB - it looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Saw that... looks like a beautiful home!

Got my little bit of house work done, Even built a grill today. It was a small one and I was gonna grill burgers for dinner. I didn't realize it needed put together. Ended up eating taco salad instead. The grill is ready now for burgers tomorrow. While we were outside testing the grill we got a couple visitors. I had been saving some stale bread for them and it ended up being alot of fun for my son. Here are some pics.

[ATTACH]19463[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19464[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19465[/ATTACH]

Jake has a teeball game in the morning then tomorrow night we are going to an opening exhibit at the museum. It is an exhibit about the Chronicles of Narnia. I love those stories. I read all of them in about a week. The children are wearing their PJ's so it sounds like it should be a fun time.

Managed to stay busy today and tomorrow should be busy too.

Nice pictures.... good lookin' hubby and darling son!

Have not had a good day. Didn't sleep well... reflux all night. Woke up tired and with achy joints.

Dr. appt with ortho early in the morning.

That went okay... leaving up to me when I want to have the other knee done. Think I will wait until next spring. PT in the pool this afternoon was great. Felt so good to get in the nice warm Water.< /span>

Nothing to eat all day until about 5pm. Then had Healthy Choice dinner. So tight today. Should've stuck with my first idea and just had Soup. But not as uncomfrotable as I was last night.

Got email around noon from an old friend telling me that my BFF from high school died on April 29. No family, just close friends, and no one thought to call and let me know. I was pretty devastated. Talked to her 6 weeks or so ago. Knew she was quite ill with lung cancer, but just wasn't expecting her to go this fast. But... I guess it has been close to 3 yrs since she was diagnosed. Just tough news to hear. Lived in NYC so it's been a while since we've seen her.

Jessica, what kind of birds were they? You family is beautiful, just like you.

Janet, wonderful flowers. Party for DD is tomorrow so I about freaked I can't have naked flower pots. lol so off I went to the store and planted five of my pots. What kind of Master Gardener would have naked pots? Now I have to pray that it doesn't frost/freeze again.

Phyl, way to go on the pt. You'll do great when you get that second knee done.

Jodi, way to go on the new you. Must be that time, I had my hair colored and highlighted too.

Great, glad you found your new house.

Julie, if you are reading, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

LauraK

Peaches, glad you're on our thread. I've only been on maintenance a few months. It's tough.

Phyll, so sorry for your loss.

Jodi, sounds fabulous. Way to treat yourself.

JB. Glad you're finding OA helpful.

I used to go regularly and it helped me a lot. But then some very rigid, anal food police seemed to take over the meetings and I don't do well with that sort of thing.

Janet, thanks for the update on Julie and Great.

Vitamins--potassium and magnesium and Calcium all work better if they're together.

Had a chance to do a little improvisational singing as a backup vocalist in a special church service tonight. Nothing dramatic, but as we ended certain songs we would continue in a kind of prayer/singing with the leader and us two back-ups repeating words and phrases in an improvisational way, staying in the same key. I just close my eyes and follow the leader, vocally. Hard to describe but very worshipful effect.

Looks like I'm teaching summer school, so, no real break for me. That's JUne. Then July I'll probably be doing quite a bit of tutoring.

Cheri

Welcome Peaches. Please join us. This is the BEST group of ladies who have the ability to inspire, encourage, and keep us legal. Join right in.

Many of us are food addicts.

Well, ladies - I had fill #3 nine days ago. Since then, I have vomited 3 times. Once on 1 1/2 oz meat and tiny amount of cole slaw. Once on cheese crisp (too bready) and once on salmon (too dry reheated in microwave).

I can tell I'm tighter than I've ever been, but want to try to hang on until Monday and see how it goes.

However, I remember reading that being too tight WILL NOT make me lose better.

I'll call the doctor on Monday, is the vomiting continues. I'll be very careful in the meantime.

I'd love to join you all on FB, but none of my friends know about lap band. Is it safe for me to join you there?