Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning,

My best quality...That has changed since being banded. I use to feel defeated all the time and was so disappointed in myself. Now I am not afraid to set difficult goals and reach for them. Going to school, working as a nurse, losing weight, running a 5k, growing my family, huge goals...baby steps get me there. I feel successful now because I am progressing in the right direction. Before I was just afraid to live and hid in myself. My Dad posted this on FB yesterday "Never let your memories be bigger than your dreams". I was letting some terrible memories hold me back from reaching my dreams. Not anymore.

I iced my hip/groin yesterday and took aleve. I felt the aleve burning in my stoma. And the taste of it started working it's way back into my mouth. I took it right after I ate so I am thinking it didn't make it's way through the band before it began working. I don't remember my surgeon saying if it was ok to take or not. I am going to the doc this afternoon to have my leg looked at. I used the stationary bike this morning to prevent shock on it. No pain. Don't feel like it was a great workout though. Only worked my legs and heart but I gotta take care of myself.

Have a great day ladies.

Jessica...you have done so much since the first time we met you here on this thread. I think I can speak for all of us mother hens when I tell you that we are all so proud of your accomplishments. To be able to list just the steps you have made in the last few short months in your above post is just amazing.

You have soooooooooooooo come out of your shell and found your way. I love what your father posted on FB. I know some things got to you in the last month regarding your past. His message to you is something your should repeat to yourself first thing every morning.

Great...Good morning. Enjoy your time with Grandma. You are going to miss her but time to hand over the wand to the sisters and momma. I am sure your GM apprciates the time you took for her and the special moments you have created since she moved to CO.

Jessica - sorry about the problem with aleve. The ladies here pointed me to adult liquid tylenol for pain relief. The info on one of the lap band info boards advises NO NSAIDS. They mention ulcers can occur with use. They pills must not pass easily thru the stoma.

I agree with Karen, your accomplishments are to be congratulated. You have evolved into a powerful young woman. Way to go, GF.

Hi guys~

Eva~ Safe travels! Washing underwear and hanging it out reminds me of my Peace Corps days! I once took a trip to Brazil with only a bathing suit, toothbrush and 1 extra t shirt. In the morning when I put on my bathing suit- I would wash what I was wearing. I LAUGH at that and wish I could be so carefree! Hope the pain gets better. Different beds and airports aggravate that sort of stuff.

Great~ Hope the house papers get squared away. how frustrating when you have done YOUR job but someone else didn't do THEIR job!

Apples~ Great idea for thread. My best personality traits (I know you said one.. but I am indecisive).. hmmm... Compassionate, Loyal, have a good sense of humor and a GO-getter. Did I mention modest?! LOL. Bad traits are : perfectionist tendency and stubborn.

News flash (Janet): I went to the gym. I made it there... but had no umppphhhh. (how do you spell umph?) I did 20 min on the thread mill and did some weights. Was there about 45 min but my get up and go... got up and went. I think Aunt Flo is gonna visit.. feeling a wee bit tight and retaining Fluid.< /p>

Talk to you guys later.. got so much work to do!

peasout.. Laura

Laura...maybe your poor umph just needs some building up again and will come back with more visits to the gym. Congrats on getting yourself there.

I agree with you...you are very compassionate, loyal and you do have a lot of get up and go. I also do think that one of your best traits is the mother that you are. We are sisters in the perfectionist dept. I find that as I have let go of certain things in life, I have seen that side of me diminish and "whew" for that.

I looked back and am not playing fair...I forgot to disclose what I feel is my best trait. I believe it is the ability to withstand whatever comes my way and accept it and deal. I guess you could call me the "Farm Goddess" . Able to withstand the elements.

Thank you both so much. You all have been a huge contribution to me turning around. Thank you for that. All of you.

Thank you both so much. You all have been a huge contribution to me turning around. Thank you for that. All of you.

Awww....:thumbup:

Goddess Apple.....You ROCK! How is the dental procedures going? I need to go to the dentist and get a cleaning. My bottom front teeth are really sharp (wearing down). Maybe they can grind them where they are not so sharp. Those are the only ones that are not capped.

Great.......I know you will miss Grandma, but it is time to share the love with your sisters. I love your new place. I know that God is in control of your life. I just marvel at the way everything has fallen into place for you. God Bless YOU!

Jessica......I just love your profile/avatar pic. You are a beautiful lady. Don't take Aleve. It is too strong for your pouch. I do take Ibprophan 200mg every once in awhile.

Laura, How is your dad doing? Is his blood count up? I know what you mean about umph.....I wish I had more. I am supposed to walk 6,000 steps a day. So far, I am only at 3,000. I do ride my bike for 20 min a day, but that doesn't count.

Joyce I am on FB I'll send you my email and name on pm. Karen I didn't know you were on there. Will have to make you FB friend.

Goddess Apple.....You ROCK! How is the dental procedures going? I need to go to the dentist and get a cleaning. My bottom front teeth are really sharp (wearing down). Maybe they can grind them where they are not so sharp. Those are the only ones that are not capped.

Great.......I know you will miss Grandma, but it is time to share the love with your sisters. I love your new place. I know that God is in control of your life. I just marvel at the way everything has fallen into place for you. God Bless YOU!

Jessica......I just love your profile/avatar pic. You are a beautiful lady. Don't take Aleve. It is too strong for your pouch. I do take Ibprophan 200mg every once in awhile.

Laura, How is your dad doing? Is his blood count up? I know what you mean about umph.....I wish I had more. I am supposed to walk 6,000 steps a day. So far, I am only at 3,000. I do ride my bike for 20 min a day, but that doesn't count.

Joyce I am on FB I'll send you my email and name on pm. Karen I didn't know you were on there. Will have to make you FB friend.

Arlene...I've been on FB for awhile but just don't go there much. I have intended on befriending my LB friends on there but just have never gotten around to it. Please do send me a friend request and that will get me going with the others.

Had 3 dental appts last week and quite long ones at that. It's going well and looking forward to having them all behind me. Told my doc I want to be aggressive and be on an on-call basis so he can get more procedures done and that will bring me closer to the end. I have had major dental work done in the past and am not fearful of what's to come. I guess the only appt that will be physically taxing will be the extraction of the six front bottom teeth. I have elected to not be put under for the extractions and DH is quite worried about it. I know that this maybe does not sound quite right but I have not told him when my appt. is (June 2). I have a friend that lives in the town where my doc is and she is going to care for me. I will just let him know when it's over. We are just going to do it with laughing gas. I know I can handle it just fine...DH loves me and worries a bit too much.

I bet your dentist will want to cap your sharp teeth instead of grinding them down. And, actually, not sure you would want to grind them and make them more fragile. They have such amazing techniques in dentistry now. Only problem is...$$$$$

How's your mom? Any better? Hope this round of antibiotics clears it up for her. Take care

Arlene...I've been on FB for awhile but just don't go there much. I have intended on befriending my LB friends on there but just have never gotten around to it. Please do send me a friend request and that will get me going with the others.

Had 3 dental appts last week and quite long ones at that. It's going well and looking forward to having them all behind me. Told my doc I want to be aggressive and be on an on-call basis so he can get more procedures done and that will bring me closer to the end. I have had major dental work done in the past and am not fearful of what's to come. I guess the only appt that will be physically taxing will be the extraction of the six front bottom teeth. I have elected to not be put under for the extractions and DH is quite worried about it. I know that this maybe does not sound quite right but I have not told him when my appt. is (June 2). I have a friend that lives in the town where my doc is and she is going to care for me. I will just let him know when it's over. We are just going to do it with laughing gas. I know I can handle it just fine...DH loves me and worries a bit too much.

I bet your dentist will want to cap your sharp teeth instead of grinding them down. And, actually, not sure you would want to grind them and make them more fragile. They have such amazing techniques in dentistry now. Only problem is...$$$$$

How's your mom? Any better? Hope this round of antibiotics clears it up for her. Take care

Yeah, he mentioned capping them the last time I was in. He will have to pull at least one. I am kinda with your DH on pulling six teeth without sedation. If they have decay they will come out easier than healthy teeth. I have had several molars extracted after they were crowned. They came right out . He just had to numb them. Yep, he will want to cap my bottom teeth. I just hate all that prep....grinding. Ugh!

My mother is much better. I think her lungs are clear, but I am concerned about her having night sweats. She goes to the heart doctor on Wednesday.

Yeah, he mentioned capping them the last time I was in. He will have to pull at least one. I am kinda with your DH on pulling six teeth without sedation. If they have decay they will come out easier than healthy teeth. I have had several molars extracted after they were crowned. They came right out . He just had to numb them. Yep, he will want to cap my bottom teeth. I just hate all that prep....grinding. Ugh!

My mother is much better. I think her lungs are clear, but I am concerned about her having night sweats. She goes to the heart doctor on Wednesday.

The six teeth that are going to be pulled do not have any decay. I have just lost bone structure on all of them. I am lucky that I do not have gum problems and everything is healthy regarding that. I have been dealing with hanging onto these bottom teeth since my early teens and have poured a lot of $$$ into them with reconstructive gum surgeries (2) and babying them for over 30 yrs. I could do it all again and maybe lose them in a few short yrs. Not worth it. I can deal with a bridge as long as it feels and looks natural. One of the reasons I chose this dentist. I have seen some of the amazing work he has done and I for once in my life want that smile.

Doc gave me kudos on the care I have given to my mouth. Considering that every family member on my mother's side had dentures b/4 the age of 20, I consider myself lucky to have what I have to work with.

Good to hear your mom's lungs are clear. I agree that it is best to check out why she is have night spells. Maybe it's just an imbalance of some sort?

Back from Grandma's. Feeling kindda down. It was one of those 'high patience days'. She was so negative about everything and hard to please. I think she is just having a hard time with my leaving and dealing with that. That being said she wanted to just go home early, I'm like we have limited time why not make the most of it? She was just out of it of sorts. But glad to have gotten the time to spend with her.

Let's see, best traits. This is hard for me. I was raised that if you thought anything positive of yourself that it was conceited. I am loyal and a pleaser and determined however that can also be stubborn and work against me! LOL