Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples you never cease to amaze me. I wanna be you when I grow up.

I don't think I could ever work as hard as you, I'm too lazy.

However, I do love my job. I love teaching. I love the school I teach at. I put in very full hours teaching. On Tuesdays, I have no breaks. My assistant is there and that helps, but its a long day. I have kids in my room before and after school. They love to be in my room. They love to learn. They're safe at our school and they are loved and they know it. Three blocks from our school a young man was beaten to death with a 2 by 4. Footage made it on TV sets around the world. I always feel a sense of urgency to reach these kids and give them the tools to not be seduced by the street culture that destroys so many of these young lives.

Pray that Roseland Christian School will make it. Finances are precarious. Most people with money just don't see the importance of our work. I'd love to see us expand and keep tuition cheap enough that more children could come here. Places like this are the hope for these urban areas. We make a difference where it counts, one child at a time.

Thank God for what you've got. In some ways this is like a war zone. A third world country. Inside the USA.

Pray that I'll be able to keep working here. I've built relationships with these kids over the years I've had them. The relationships are a huge part of why I'm so effective.

For them, I will work my a$$ off.

Cheri

Hi everyone, Went to my "joint class" today and then had my pre-surgical physical this afternoon then back to work. The surgeon and the hospital I'll have my hip replaced at is about an hour's drive from where I live. I am happy to go there, however, as it is a much better hospital than our local one. Everything appears to be moving ahead as scheduled. Two weeks from right now it will be done and I'll be in my room recovering. Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I think my DS and DDIL may surprise me with a visit. I spoke to him Sunday and he was saying he was "working" because none of his employees would work longer days Mon -- Wednes. so he was having them work Fri instead - doesn't sound right to me. So we'll see. He said before he might visit before my surgery and I just have a "feeling".

Apples, happy belated Birthday! I know you aren't complaining, but it's good to vent sometimes and you can always do it here.

Great, have a safe trip and enjoy your visit with Apples.

I ate at Taco Bell for lunch today - first time in over a year - I had 1 crunchy taco and a side salad (it was a KFC/Taco Bell combo) and was stuffed. So fun getting full on just one taco -- in my past I would have had at least 3 plus a taco bell pizza. I had a bite of the pizza that my DH had.

I did lose 2 more this morning - so now I'm at 98 - just creeping along but I WILL get to 100! I'm still averaging 1 lb. a week, but it just takes several weeks between losses, which is fine as long as it continues. Thanks for all the congrats on my weight loss.

CBL. Linda

Janet, hope you won at bingo!!!! Linda

Apples you never cease to amaze me. I wanna be you when I grow up.

I don't think I could ever work as hard as you, I'm too lazy.

However, I do love my job. I love teaching. I love the school I teach at. I put in very full hours teaching. On Tuesdays, I have no breaks. My assistant is there and that helps, but its a long day. I have kids in my room before and after school. They love to be in my room. They love to learn. They're safe at our school and they are loved and they know it. Three blocks from our school a young man was beaten to death with a 2 by 4. Footage made it on TV sets around the world. I always feel a sense of urgency to reach these kids and give them the tools to not be seduced by the street culture that destroys so many of these young lives.

Pray that Roseland Christian School will make it. Finances are precarious. Most people with money just don't see the importance of our work. I'd love to see us expand and keep tuition cheap enough that more children could come here. Places like this are the hope for these urban areas. We make a difference where it counts, one child at a time.

Thank God for what you've got. In some ways this is like a war zone. A third world country. Inside the USA.

Pray that I'll be able to keep working here. I've built relationships with these kids over the years I've had them. The relationships are a huge part of why I'm so effective.

For them, I will work my a$$ off.

Cheri

Cheri, Thank God for wonderful people like you! I admire anyone that works with at risk children.

Laura K:thumbup:

Hi everyone, Went to my "joint class" today and then had my pre-surgical physical this afternoon then back to work. The surgeon and the hospital I'll have my hip replaced at is about an hour's drive from where I live. I am happy to go there, however, as it is a much better hospital than our local one. Everything appears to be moving ahead as scheduled. Two weeks from right now it will be done and I'll be in my room recovering. Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I think my DS and DDIL may surprise me with a visit. I spoke to him Sunday and he was saying he was "working" because none of his employees would work longer days Mon -- Wednes. so he was having them work Fri instead - doesn't sound right to me. So we'll see. He said before he might visit before my surgery and I just have a "feeling".

Apples, happy belated Birthday! I know you aren't complaining, but it's good to vent sometimes and you can always do it here.

Great, have a safe trip and enjoy your visit with Apples.

I ate at Taco Bell for lunch today - first time in over a year - I had 1 crunchy taco and a side salad (it was a KFC/Taco Bell combo) and was stuffed. So fun getting full on just one taco -- in my past I would have had at least 3 plus a taco bell pizza. I had a bite of the pizza that my DH had.

I did lose 2 more this morning - so now I'm at 98 - just creeping along but I WILL get to 100! I'm still averaging 1 lb. a week, but it just takes several weeks between losses, which is fine as long as it continues. Thanks for all the congrats on my weight loss.

CBL. Linda

Linda Good job on your loss 98 lbs. I am glad you are look forward to your surgery. Just think how much better you will get around. Hope your DS surprises you.

Laura K

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYL!!!

:Banane45::party::Banane45:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

TO YOU !!!

:confused::ohmy::redface:

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!

Banane04.gifBanane45.gifBanane04.gifBanane45.gifBanane04.gifBanane45.gif

Remember today calories don't count

:Banane45::cursing::present::crying::present::crying:

Good Morning Gang !!!

LBT was down last nite when I got home - Bingo Sucked !!!

Got close on 1 card and that was it.. But it was fun !!!

Linda Congrats on 98 - Oneland here you come !!!! I love it to that I get full on 1 taco - isn't it great - the reason we are banded and know our bands are working :0)

Well I got up at 6 - am having coffee and need to get to the gym - I ate trail mix last night at bingo - too many calories - so gym here I come

Then I gotta run my by the store - stupid me - I forgot pumpkin - I swear - I am losing it - I really really need to start making list - but then I forget them at home :0)

Kids should be here around 11 - 11:30 ...

CBL

OH ALMOST FORGOT - MESSAGE FROM LAURA !!!

Dad started chemo - Mom not doing well emotionally - Dad had to go in and get iv fluids - Doing ok all things considered - Wanted me to tell everyone Hi and sends her love since she couldn't get on last night (sent me a fb message)

Happy Birthday, Phyll.

You are a wonderful asset to this board and have done an amazing job on your LB journey. Pretty nice to have a "resident nurse" on our thread.

Have the best day ever and a very Happy Thanksgiving. Pot luck at the RV park?

Sending loves and hugs. Hope they out to CA from MN b/4 the day ends.

Thanks for the update on Laura, Janet. You have a great time with your kids and have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm like you...need a list or CRS. And, often drive the 15 miles to town and forgot list. Heck, I've driven the 15 miles to town JUST to make a deposit at the bank and forgot to bring the deposit with me. That is truly CRS!

Linda...congrats on the continued weightloss. You are so close to your goal. Remember, that last weight can come off pretty slow so be very patient. It's easy to get frustrated but just focus on the final result. Now, surgery is not necessarily exciting but I am really excited for you that you are getting that hip taken care of. Just as I am for Lori to get that other knee replaced. Just to have it all behind you and to be able to move without pain again. You are going to notice such a difference.

Cheri...ditto what LauraK. said. It takes a special person to work with kids at risk. There are many factors that contribute to kids that get "lost". Just nice that they trust you and actually come to you for help (even after the school day is over). You must have the knack. I can tell by your posts that you are very passionate about what you do. I do not respons to each post every day but I do read and want you to know I "listen" to what you are writing even though I don't always respond. We need teachers like you that do not let these kids fall through the cracks.

Laura... I miss you and your posts. Always love hearing about Nels. Take care and post when you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family. I am sad to hear that your mother is taking all of this so hard. She might surprise you and get to that point where she accepts and starts the fight.

Up early...have 10lbs of potatoes peeled, mashed and mixed with LF sour cream and LF cream cheese. Made a LF/SF fresh chopped peach and yogurt salad, tomato/basil/onion/cuke salad with LF dressing. Will make my pies, yams and bread in the morning since we are eating late.

Have 12 loaves of pumpkin bread fresh out of the oven. I found the cutest little loaf ceramic holiday pans. I am making them for the little ladies that shared apt. building with "mom". Also making them little trays of white chocolate and milk chocolate Peanut Butter cups.

They are all missing her so much. They played cards EVERY Tues afternoon and Thurs night and also Bingo on Friday nights. When I said goodbye to them the other day when I locked up, they were telling me that they are going to quit all their games because it would not be the same without "mom". It was always so nice because they would take turns hosting. Always trying to out-do each other with the spread of food they put out. Well, I want to put a little bug in their ear when I deliver their goodies today. I want to see if I can urge them to continue their fun little get togethers. Makes me sad to think they would just stop.

Just want to catch some of you and say Happy Thanksgiving b/4 you get too busy. Have the best ever. Hope you are surrounded by friends and family and enjoy your day. I am thankful for each and every one of you.

Happy Birthday Phyl! Hope you have a wonderul day. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Cheri, you are such a wonderful teacher -- those kids and the school are so very lucky to have you. My brother and sister in law just retired this year after 35 years teaching at risk kids in Ohio. So I do know how tough your job is.

Janet so sorry you didn't win at Bingo! But win or lose, Bingo is always fun. Enjoy your family!

Can't wait to leave work -- almost 3 more hours. It's not busy, very slow today. It's windy and cold out, supposed to get snow tonight.

Thanks so much to all of you for the encouragemenet. I am dreading the thoughts of surgery but I know I will feel so much better, so thinking positive here.

Laura, thinking of you and your family. I do hope you will find a way to have a nice Thanksgiving.

Eva, how are your babies doing? Hope you and your DH have a wonderful holiday.

Julie, hope the pain is better today. I think of you so often and hope you will get some relief and have a good weekend and holiday.

Apples, safe travels meeting Lori -- can't wait to see pictures.

To everyone -- Happy Happy Thanksgiving and I'll CBL. Linda

Edited by ljv52

Apples - sounds like something I would do - forget the deposit - at least I have good company :0) - Yes the ladies should continue their time together - tell them Mom will be with them in spirit...

I had to go back to the store - could only find one package of the sf inst pudding I needed from my double layer pumpkin pie

That's made - a cake is cooking - heck that most likely will get eaten tonite ;0) - my turkey will only take 3 hrs - so will put it in about 11 a.m. - warm up the ham before that - and get gd to peel tatoes tomorrrow - will do all that in the morning - asparagus - greenbean cassarole - butternut squash - Double layer pumpkin pie & cherry pie my uncle's bringing along with tatos turkey ham dressing - do you think we have enough food :0)...

Well DS DIL & baby GD taking naps - I tried to but can't sleep- did my 3.5 miles this a.m. - have weights tonite (arms)- my knees are aching a bit...

Going to take my overweight son with me to the gym in the a.m. tomorrow - show him how it's done :0)

Happy Birthday, Phyl! I hope you had a great day!

Apples, I made your pumpkin cake. It took longer than 30minutes. I hope I made it right. Oh well, we will find out tomorrow.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY LBT BUDDIES!

Hey everyone!!!

Tried to post last night, but as all of you saw, the site was down for awile, so I went to bed. I had a tough time getting up this morning. It was so dreary and crappy outside that I just wanted to stay in my pj's, but I put on my workout clothes and headed out the door to aerobics and weight training. I got a new Nike sports bra, it's amazing and less expensive than I thought it would be. 25 bucks. I then went to Marshalls (haven't been there since highschool cause i've been fat) and bought two pairs of exercise pants size large for 12 dollars each, two tops one for 20 and the other for 15, a new pair of awesome new balance running shoes for 32 bucks, and a beautiful christmas plaid table cloth for 7 bucks! I was so impressed with my shopping!!!! I found myself wandering into and gravitating towards the plus sized section. I was looking at size 18 and 20's and actually held them up to myself to see if i should try them on. A heavy woman approached me and said "honey, this is not your section! I don't know why you think you can fit into those?" She said it in a loving manner. I took this oppurtunity to speak with her about Lap-Band and she was very interested. Maybe I will be seeing her at the next seminar that my surgeon will host? That would reaally be great. Anyhow..... Sorry about my ramblings, i was just really excited.

I do have a real question for all of you though....

I got my band filled on Monday. I'm at 6cc's in a 10cc band now. Well, when I swallowed the Water in the office, I did fine and it did not hurt, but i could definately feel it go through. Usually I stick to liquids for the rest of that day and then the following day. Well, I did okay during the rest of the day with my boost and then when I got home I was hungry. So, i very slowly ate a very small amount of chilli. About 1/4 c. I pb'ed a little while after eating it. I ate a fudgesicle and called it a night. Yesterday, I stuck to liquids and in the evening, i blended a can of lentil Soup and got that down alright. I then had an extremely small amout of tuna mixed with hellmans dijonaise (suprising low in cals) and ate about 1/2 c. of that fine. Anyhow, today, super tight in the am. Couldn't eat at all and even had a hard time getting down all of my boost. I think I may be too tight. I did have about 1/2c. of regular unblended lentil soup and didnt feel any tightness until about 10 min later. I went in the bathroom and forced a little up. I felt so much better after that. So, what do ya think? Get about .5cc out huh? I think so. I called the office yesterday and they said that no one would be in the office until Monday. I can wait.

Tomorrow before we eat dinner I am going to tell my aunt that my band is too tight and ask her if I can fill a super small container with just a few bites of everything for me to freeze and take home to eat next Sunday? She knows about my surgery but I don't know if she told any of my cousins of not? If any ask, of course I will tell them, but you get what I'm talking about.

Ok, sorry........RANT!

Phyl~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura~ Miss you! Hope you have a wonderful tg with the fam. I too miss the stories of Nels, but you need to concentrate on the fam. Prayers to your daddy. Love you!

Janet~ Have a wonderful time with everyone at your house. I am really excited for you to take DS to the gym!!! Show him how it's done gf!!!!

Apples~ Those gals should definately keep up with the cards! I'm sure they will. They are just probably so sad about mom that they cannot imagine it without her. They just need a little push, and I'm sure they will do it. Tell them that she would be super disappointed that they did not continue to play because of her absence and that she wouldn't want that at all!

Linda~ I too am happy that you are getting your hip done. You will feel awesome and look great!!! What could be better than that?!?!?

Everyone else~ Sorry that I didn't say anything personal, I love you all! I just couldn't remember everything I was going to comment on. I am in Physics class during a lecture so I am trying to concentrate on two things at one time!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

Love all of you!

Meredith

Happy Birthday, Phyl! I hope you had a great day!

Apples, I made your pumpkin cake. It took longer than 30minutes. I hope I made it right. Oh well, we will find out tomorrow.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY LBT BUDDIES!

OOPs on the cake taking longer, Arlene. Did you use the 8x8 or thge 9x13 pan? That would make a diff. My pumkin layer in the 9x13 is not real thick and bakes in the 30 min. I am sure you did great.

Yep, Janet. Sounds like you have the food covered. Hope you have a great day. I am looking forward to tomorrow and being with my "fake" family. We just have such a good time cuz we honestly enjoy each others company. Everyone is gonna miss mom but there will be lots of stories and laughs...she was quite the character.

Got my goodies driven to town. There's sixteen apts. and had four different treats made for them. Some never get out for TG and it just breaks my heart.

I am going to go do the crosswords which did not get done last night and make popcorn. A bag for me, DH and one for the dog. Later.:thumbup:

Hi all, everyone is busy with food preparations... Me, too... Got my pies done and all the rest organized for morning.. Won't take much..... don't feel the need to do a lot of housecleaning as it's just my family and they know I'm not on the top of my game... Mimi was a handful today and kept me hopping.. Just full of energy the way a 2 year old should be.... My shoulder is quiet right now so I'm praying it will hold off and just let me sleep tonight...

Apples, you have such a good, generous heart.. I'm sure those people were so happy to get your goodies... Bless you for caring about them.... I'm sure they will find a way to go on without their friend... they must... she wouldn't want them to stop being together....

Meredith, you be careful with that restriction... It sounds like it could be too tight...

Linda, enjoy your holiday now... surgery time will be here soon.. I'm sure you will do wonderfully..... I'll be praying for you....

Janet, thanks for the update on Laura.... I'm sure she is so stressed.......we must keep her in our prayers... You have a great time with your family....

My supper didn't go down tonight..... maybe I'll go try another bite... Don't know why..... Just need to pick up my kitchen and finish dishes and then sit and relax til bedtime....

I'm so thankful for all of you friends.. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with happy times with your family and friends... We are all so lucky.... God has blessed us all.............. Julie