Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I had my 2nd fill yesterday and I finally feel like I have a band inside me! After feeling absolutely nothing after my first fill, I was beginning to worry he forgot to put one in there! LOL

I now have 5cc in my 10cc band, but my doc says most people need to get up to at least 7cc before it begins to work. I was just curious if this was the case with yours?

WOOHOO!! don't you love that it's working?? I have the larger band that is 14cc's and it took me 8 fills and one slight unfill to get to my 'sweet spot' however I felt it working throughout the journey, but as I lost weight it loosened up. I am at 10.5 cc's in my band but everyone is different, don't compare your's to anyone else's. Go with how it feels for you and the restriction you feel. I am at the higher end of the spectrum in number of fills it has taken, others, including our Janet here, only needed one or two fills. EACH BAND AND PERSON IS DIFFERENT! Can't stress that enough.

Came in to strip off the Under Armour and a couple of layers. To warm with all those clothes on and running up and down the bin stairs.

Janet...nope, no Stein Marts in Minnesota. Closest is DeMoines, Iowa. Looked on their site and it looks like you could find yourself a Christmas top there. They had some sparkles even.

Apples - I think when I get back to work going to look up an ortho doc on my ppo.. I had leg workout tonite - it was bothering me a little in Walmart this afternoon - but at the gym it was fine and is fine now... I am not a surgery person - but I guess I better get it ck'd out.

Oh ya forgot to tell you all - Andrew & I visited Santa when we were at the mall - we were walking by and I said Andrew want to take a picture - he said ya - shock the Sh*t out of me - so we had one taken - then I was trying on new tennis shoes and went to pay for them and he pulled out his card and said - I got it.. Another shocker!!! I told him - Andrew that's my Xmas present - and while we were at walmart he got sweats and I said - I was getting them for xmas - he said LaLa - it's fine - we all have enough stuff.. I got a pretty good kid 99% of the time - I am truly blessed

you are truly blessed and Andrew is very handsome.

Just an FYI on me It has sucked at work these past two days customer svc Work comp sucks people are so crabby around the holidays

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I had my 2nd fill yesterday and I finally feel like I have a band inside me! After feeling absolutely nothing after my first fill, I was beginning to worry he forgot to put one in there! LOL

I now have 5cc in my 10cc band, but my doc says most people need to get up to at least 7cc before it begins to work. I was just curious if this was the case with yours?

So nice to feel some restriction...especially with the holidays coming up:scared2:. Hopefully this will do it for you. As Great said, we are all so different and difficult to compare to what someone else has for fills. I, myself, have only had 2 fills and very little in a 14cc band. But, my fills came after most of my weightloss and think that makes a huge difference in the # of fills a person needs.

Just an FYI on me It has sucked at work these past two days customer svc Work comp sucks people are so crabby around the holidays

Melissa...so sorry to hear of your job situation. Just try to put blinders on and let it roll. Easier said than done, right?:smile:

Good evening, just got home from my pre op check up appt to get clearance for my knee surgery. They just called and said my potassium is los and I need to take some OTC potassium pills. Jut curious what causes that? Could it be band related? anyone know? I will resume my volunteering tomorrow at the hospital unless we get the snowstorm they are predicting and the roads are bad so will try and ask then as well. I know when I used to have high b/p and took a Water pill I had to take potassium as it depleted my potassium but I don't take anything for blood pressure now since it returned to normal with my weight loss

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Glad to see you back :0) !!!

Great - gives Great advice - we all are so very diff - what works for me doesn't work for anyone else..

I have large ap band - 3 fills - the last one 1/08 had all but .01 taken out - I think I have an even 4.8 cc - 1st fill 9/07 never asked how much he put in 2nd fill 11/07 again never asked then 1/08 put in 1 cc so I had 5.8 then took all that out so I have 4.9 - I don't remember what my weight was but most likely 190's or high 180's and haven't needed one since..

WOOHOO!! don't you love that it's working?? I have the larger band that is 14cc's and it took me 8 fills and one slight unfill to get to my 'sweet spot' however I felt it working throughout the journey, but as I lost weight it loosened up. I am at 10.5 cc's in my band but everyone is different, don't compare your's to anyone else's. Go with how it feels for you and the restriction you feel. I am at the higher end of the spectrum in number of fills it has taken, others, including our Janet here, only needed one or two fills. EACH BAND AND PERSON IS DIFFERENT! Can't stress that enough.

Great - Great advice

Came in to strip off the Under Armour and a couple of layers. To warm with all those clothes on and running up and down the bin stairs.

Janet...nope, no Stein Marts in Minnesota. Closest is DeMoines, Iowa. Looked on their site and it looks like you could find yourself a Christmas top there. They had some sparkles even.

Ya I most likely could - I may look later this week - but I think it's official - I need my knees ck'd out.. Didn't do gym this a.m. just 4.5 hrs xmas shopping and they are hurting..

Melissa - I don't know why pple are so crabby this time of yr it should be the opposite imho - Hugs - We love you and won't yell at you :0)

Good evening, just got home from my pre op check up appt to get clearance for my knee surgery. They just called and said my potassium is los and I need to take some OTC potassium pills. Jut curious what causes that? Could it be band related? anyone know? I will resume my volunteering tomorrow at the hospital unless we get the snowstorm they are predicting and the roads are bad so will try and ask then as well. I know when I used to have high b/p and took a Water pill I had to take potassium as it depleted my potassium but I don't take anything for blood pressure now since it returned to normal with my weight loss

You aren't getting enough in your diet - so ya a little band related - spinach - bananas - dates are all good for potassium - I hope they told you how much to take.

Apples - I was sure tempted to get stuff to make your fudge today - may do it before thrusday - and give some to Phyl to take home with her after dinner - I know she likes fudge - and her DH loves everything,..

Hey guys,

Just checking in. I keep waiting to try to catch up before I post. I wanted to write a long note and say a bit to each and every one of you. Well, it seems that it's not going to happen. There just hasn't been enough time in the day. I read the last two posts- does that count?

Apples~ Stay warm. Loved the pic of you and Great.

Great~ Low K+ (potassium) is usually caused by poor nutrition, medications (like you mentioned, diuretics or cortisone), or lost by an overactive GI tract (ie. when you have diarrhea). There are a few weird diseases that can cause it (cushings, etc.)- doubt that is your case. Trauma patients can also have low K+ due to a "cellular shift". You are too far out from your surgery really for this reason. Most probably b/c of your diet. Up the usual potassium rich foods. (bananas, citrus, broccoli, spinach, Lima Beans, potatoes) you can google it for more. It was probably a fasting lab and you were dehydrated.

I have been so busy with catching up here at home.. unpacking, laundry, Christmas decorating, Nelson back at school. And keeping track of my Dad's health. He's not doing too good since last Monday's Chemo #1. Been real weak, difficulty swallowing, retractable hiccups, pain, dehydrated. He went in Monday for Chemo #2 and they canceled it b/c his kidney function tests were really out of whack and he was dehydrated. He met with the kidney dr today and he said that he doesn't think his kidney will tolerate too much chemo but they will see in a couple days if it rebounds. They are pretty down. Dad said "I have two dead end streets and I need to decide which one to turn down". Basically that neither choice is good- chemo= bad quality of life with symptoms and no chemo= earlier death. lose/lose. I find comfort in the words of you all that have been through this before. It is never easy. I switch between a peaceful acceptance and being really sad and angry. I know it's all normal, it's just that CANCER SUCKS.

On a positive note, I didn't gain/lose over Thanksgiving. DH gained 10 pounds in the last two weeks, so that will tell you how it's been. I feel my band has been doing its job. I am not being too hard on myself. I wish I were losing but am ok with staying the same. The 5k I was supposed to run is Saturday. I am bummed that it isn't going to happen this time for me, but there is always another one around the corner.

Hope everyone else is ok... talk to you later. peasout~ Laura

Hey guys,

Just checking in. I keep waiting to try to catch up before I post. I wanted to write a long note and say a bit to each and every one of you. Well, it seems that it's not going to happen. There just hasn't been enough time in the day. I read the last two posts- does that count?

Apples~ Stay warm. Loved the pic of you and Great.

Great~ Low K+ (potassium) is usually caused by poor nutrition, medications (like you mentioned, diuretics or cortisone), or lost by an overactive GI tract (ie. when you have diarrhea). There are a few weird diseases that can cause it (cushings, etc.)- doubt that is your case. Trauma patients can also have low K+ due to a "cellular shift". You are too far out from your surgery really for this reason. Most probably b/c of your diet. Up the usual potassium rich foods. (bananas, citrus, broccoli, spinach, Lima Beans, potatoes) you can google it for more. It was probably a fasting lab and you were dehydrated.

I have been so busy with catching up here at home.. unpacking, laundry, Christmas decorating, Nelson back at school. And keeping track of my Dad's health. He's not doing too good since last Monday's Chemo #1. Been real weak, difficulty swallowing, retractable hiccups, pain, dehydrated. He went in Monday for Chemo #2 and they canceled it b/c his kidney function tests were really out of whack and he was dehydrated. He met with the kidney dr today and he said that he doesn't think his kidney will tolerate too much chemo but they will see in a couple days if it rebounds. They are pretty down. Dad said "I have two dead end streets and I need to decide which one to turn down". Basically that neither choice is good- chemo= bad quality of life with symptoms and no chemo= earlier death. lose/lose. I find comfort in the words of you all that have been through this before. It is never easy. I switch between a peaceful acceptance and being really sad and angry. I know it's all normal, it's just that CANCER SUCKS.

On a positive note, I didn't gain/lose over Thanksgiving. DH gained 10 pounds in the last two weeks, so that will tell you how it's been. I feel my band has been doing its job. I am not being too hard on myself. I wish I were losing but am ok with staying the same. The 5k I was supposed to run is Saturday. I am bummed that it isn't going to happen this time for me, but there is always another one around the corner.

Hope everyone else is ok... talk to you later. peasout~ Laura

Hugs GF ... Ya catching up is too hard sometimes - it can take 45 mintues to write a post and sometimes we just don't have that kind of time:0)

Ya I agree cancer sucks big time ...

Yes be happy that you didn't gain - you are going threw so much right now - it will come - just take care of you and family - I enjoyed your pics here and on fb - You guys look like you had a wonderful thanksgiving..

Continued prayers xoxo J

-------------------------

Ok gang - I have some of your addresses - but not everyone's - so why don't we exchange addresses so that we can send Xmas Cards - since we can't exchange gifts/cookies/fudge etc..

my email is jwrightpim@aol

it's not mandatory only if you want to ...

Oh Laura....I know things are really difficult for you right now. It's all so hard to accept and wrap your mind around what is going on with your dad. I am sure leaving him was tough but being at home gives your family a little break at this time. Been thinking of you.

You have done to maintain the weight you are at through all this turmoil. Pat yourself on the back for that. You photos look so good. You look as if you have lost inches even though your scale has not gone down.

Great...you should really get some medical advice on what you should be doing to get your potasium. Too much or too little are dangerous. Maybe Phyll has some advice on that. I would surely ask your doc what your numbers are and go with his advice on what to do.

Janet...b/4 you buy stuff to make fudge, give a little time to post the other couple of variations and you can make them all at one time. I just don't have time in the next hour or two as I am still babysitting the corn dryers.

OOPS...Laura...not discounting your medical advice...or Janet's advice to Great as to what to eat to up her numbers. I can be such a twit sometimes.

thanks for the potassium advice! No my blood test wasn't fasting. However, I have had ummmm, very loose stools for a few days. While taking the vicodin for my knee pain it constipated me so much, I started taking Miralax and colace every night. Well I stopped the vicodin a couple weeks ago but not the miralax, so possibly I loosened myself up too much! LOL I have not taken any of it for a few days. However the foods listed I do not eat much of, so maybe will go get some bananas, DD is picking me up some otc potassium all she said on the phone when I asked her about strength is 99?? I don't know what the levels were, she just said slightly low.

Laura, so sorry it's not going well for your dad. Yes cancer sucks! Your new pic in your signature looks great!

Janet, are you meaning snail mail addresses or email addresses??

Apples - I was sure tempted to get stuff to make your fudge today - may do it before thrusday - and give some to Phyl to take home with her after dinner - I know she likes fudge - and her DH loves everything,..

MMMM... that sounds good! Yeah, these days, Earl eats anything and everything!

Laura, so sorry to hear of the difficult choices on the horizon for your Dad!

Oh Laura....I know things are really difficult for you right now. It's all so hard to accept and wrap your mind around what is going on with your dad. I am sure leaving him was tough but being at home gives your family a little break at this time. Been thinking of you.

You have done to maintain the weight you are at through all this turmoil. Pat yourself on the back for that. You photos look so good. You look as if you have lost inches even though your scale has not gone down.

Great...you should really get some medical advice on what you should be doing to get your potasium. Too much or too little are dangerous. Maybe Phyll has some advice on that. I would surely ask your doc what your numbers are and go with his advice on what to do.

Janet...b/4 you buy stuff to make fudge, give a little time to post the other couple of variations and you can make them all at one time. I just don't have time in the next hour or two as I am still babysitting the corn dryers.

I was thinking about doing white choc - but maybe not cuz I love white choc :0)

OOPS...Laura...not discounting your medical advice...or Janet's advice to Great as to what to eat to up her numbers. I can be such a twit sometimes.

No one took offense gf - but you are right about too much can be harmful to your heart..

thanks for the potassium advice! No my blood test wasn't fasting. However, I have had ummmm, very loose stools for a few days. While taking the vicodin for my knee pain it constipated me so much, I started taking miralax and colace every night. Well I stopped the vicodin a couple weeks ago but not the miralax, so possibly I loosened myself up too much! LOL I have not taken any of it for a few days. However the foods listed I do not eat much of, so maybe will go get some bananas, DD is picking me up some otc potassium all she said on the phone when I asked her about strength is 99?? I don't know what the levels were, she just said slightly low.

Laura, so sorry it's not going well for your dad. Yes cancer sucks! Your new pic in your signature looks great!

Janet, are you meaning snail mail addresses or email addresses??

If it's slight I would ask the doc how much you should be taking and tell them about the tmi :0)...

Snailmail and email too :0)