Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet...hope that pickles moves soon. I snack on sweet pickles all the time. bread and butter and the little tiny sweets are my favorite. Also love the sweet baby cocktail onions.

Apples, Sorry I missed you talking about the fire. I am sorry you had to experienced it. Happy birthday and anniversary

Apples, Sorry I missed you talking about the fire. I am sorry you had to experienced it. Happy birthday and anniversary

Thanks Melissa...not much can be done except to replace the damaged bin. We have good ins coverage and life goes on. Could have been much worse.

Thanks for the bday and annv greetings. Anniversary (30th) was on the 10th.

Apples Hugs on being alone on the bday!!! You got us - I know it's not the same - I think I might have a hard time with that one - cuz in my family Bdays were big things - Even as a grown up my Parents always took you out to dinner for you bday - it was one of the time I got to eat lobster :0) - The other was when I went to LaCosta and spend a few days with them each summer - In fact it was my 25 or 27 bday and they took me to a Marriott where lobster wasn't on the menu - my Stepmom knew it was my fav - so that had it specially brought in - Heck I was 36 and still had Santa Claus - I have had a good life even when you put in the not so nice stuff. I have been truly blessed..

But gotta say you got a great dh and this is your lively hood so all things considered it could be worse :0)...

Yes its good that after 3 weeks you will be getting back to your regular schedule - What are you doing about the job offer??

Ya it's in great to get w/gf and bitch about stuff - then you feel so much better - knowing you aren't alone in the things you are going thru..

The pickle went down - think the coffee helped - it was cuz I ate it too fast and didn't chew

Made it thru the gym even though that's all I have eaten today.. I guess the caffiene buzz helped...

Now I'm not hungry and don't know what I want for dinner and by the time I do get hungry it will be too late to cook a meal - so I will most likely end up eating an omelet..

Janet...not so bad being alone tonight. I have had many delightful bday parties. Like I said, farming has to get done. We are sooooooooo late this year and have to get work done when it is possible.

My 50th party was just awesome. Over 250 ppl there. DS (who was stationed in Iraq at the time) and DS who was going to school in FL planned it all from afar. It was a surprise party and youngest DS showed up which was a further surprise. After that party and how special it was, I need not further parties. DS planned karoke for the party (yep, momma loves to sing) and got on the mike at the end of the night and hollared "Party at our house". Well, party finally over at 5am. Wall to wall ppl in showed up at our house.

Good evening, a quick check in. My bags are packed and I am ready to go, more or less.

Yes, Apples, an hour and a half is time for a potty break especially if driving my with husband. He knows where every rest area is! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Janet, glad the pickle passed through.

Janet...not so bad being alone tonight. I have had many delightful bday parties. Like I said, farming has to get done. We are sooooooooo late this year and have to get work done when it is possible.

My 50th party was just awesome. Over 250 ppl there. DS (who was stationed in Iraq at the time) and DS who was going to school in FL planned it all from afar. It was a surprise party and youngest DS showed up which was a further surprise. After that party and how special it was, I need not further parties. DS planned karoke for the party (yep, momma loves to sing) and got on the mike at the end of the night and hollared "Party at our house". Well, party finally over at 5am. Wall to wall ppl in showed up at our house.

Omg what a GREAT GREAT 50th Bday !!! Ya I know it's ok - just wish we could help you Celebrate :0)

It's your Birthday? Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! and many more!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Arlene. I just caught up with Janet.

On a normal day I am diligent in getting the right combination of Protein, etc., etc. etc. Today I decided that since it was my bday, I would eat whatever I wanted and not count Fiber or anything. Are you guys ready for this???

Breakfast: 1 cup steel cut oats with raisins, dates and brown sugar. An hour later...20oz of white chocolate capacino. An hour later...a Snicker Marathon bar...an hour later...boiled egg, ham and turkey...an hour later...Atkins choc/PB protein bar....hour later...another 20 oz capacino...an hour later..6 oz black berries....an hour later...20 oz hot chocolate...an hour later...1.5 cups Kashi crunch cereal...an hour later....6 oz black berries...an hour later 1.5 cups Kashi crunch cereal...now I am sipping on another capacino.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!

There will come a day when all of this catches up with me and I will need to put the brakes on. Doc's nurse gave the OK that stomach is empty and hour after a meal so I do eat every hour on the hour. It's actually work getting in what I need each day to maintain. :thumbup:

Hi. You seem to be a great source of information so maybe you can help me. I was banded 6/04/2009 and have lost 28 pounds since my weigh in for insurance on 4/29/09. I started at 243 and weight 215 now. I am really losing slow and trying to figure it out. My sister is a doc and says that if I don't eat enough my metabolism will get too slow - but then everything I ready says to eat about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup at meals with a small snack and that is all. I am bouncing back and forth between these two ideas and honestly getting nowhere. I read that you eat 900 - 1200 caloreis a day but that can be alot of food or alittle bit of food - depending on what you eat. Can you give me some suggestions?

Good evening, a quick check in. My bags are packed and I am ready to go, more or less.

Yes, Apples, an hour and a half is time for a potty break especially if driving my with husband. He knows where every rest area is! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Janet, glad the pickle passed through.

Have a great time !!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too... Drive safe and give Apples a hug for us...

Charlene - How are you doing :0)

Thanks, Arlene. I just caught up with Janet.

On a normal day I am diligent in getting the right combination of Protein, etc., etc. etc. Today I decided that since it was my bday, I would eat whatever I wanted and not count fiber or anything. Are you guys ready for this???

Breakfast: 1 cup steel cut oats with raisins, dates and brown sugar. An hour later...20oz of white chocolate capacino. An hour later...a Snicker Marathon bar...an hour later...boiled egg, ham and turkey...an hour later...Atkins choc/PB protein bar....hour later...another 20 oz capacino...an hour later..6 oz black berries....an hour later...20 oz hot chocolate...an hour later...1.5 cups Kashi crunch cereal...an hour later....6 oz black berries...an hour later 1.5 cups Kashi crunch cereal...now I am sipping on another capacino.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!

There will come a day when all of this catches up with me and I will need to put the brakes on. Doc's nurse gave the OK that stomach is empty and hour after a meal so I do eat every hour on the hour. It's actually work getting in what I need each day to maintain. :(

Nope GF I won't be trying it at home :Yawn: - I know my metabolism isn't as good as yours :0) and I doubt it's going to catch up with you:tongue: - watch eating like that is going to make you loose more weight :0):thumbup:

But I gotta say the scales have been moving in the right direction for the last few days - need to get it down there so when I have all this food later in the week when family is here - I won't go into the red zone...

Hi. You seem to be a great source of information so maybe you can help me. I was banded 6/04/2009 and have lost 28 pounds since my weigh in for insurance on 4/29/09. I started at 243 and weight 215 now. I am really losing slow and trying to figure it out. My sister is a doc and says that if I don't eat enough my metabolism will get too slow - but then everything I ready says to eat about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup at meals with a small snack and that is all. I am bouncing back and forth between these two ideas and honestly getting nowhere. I read that you eat 900 - 1200 caloreis a day but that can be alot of food or alittle bit of food - depending on what you eat. Can you give me some suggestions?

During my weight loss phase I would eat about 1 cup food for Breakfast and lunch - dinner has always been 1 to 1.5 cups of food and my Snacks are saved for the evenings.. I'm a nite time eater so I budget my calories to compensate for that..

I still am a volume eater to a degree as much as my band will allow

Your sister is right you have to eat - and imho you can not live the rest of your life eating 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food - this is a life time - lifestyle change in our eating habits - it's most about the types of food that we ate prior to being banded - I ate very high fat & sugar and tons of carb - along with large portions

IMHO I think eating 1.5 cups per meal is a normal portion but again I am at maintenance

Attached is a menu - Hope it helps

Have a great time !!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too... Drive safe and give Apples a hug for us...

Charlene - How are you doing :0)

Nope GF I won't be trying it at home :Yawn: - I know my metabolism isn't as good as yours :0) and I doubt it's going to catch up with you:tongue: - watch eating like that is going to make you loose more weight :0):thumbup:

But I gotta say the scales have been moving in the right direction for the last few days - need to get it down there so when I have all this food later in the week when family is here - I won't go into the red zone...

Janet...good to hear your scales are "unstuck". That's the thing I admire about you. You have a range where you are comfortable and will not allow yourself to go over your limitations on the scale. I think what made most of us fat to begin with was seeing that we were going up in weight, feeling defeated, and then giving up. You rock!

I also have that same respect for slow losers. The ones that are so patient even though it takes them twice as long to lose.:(

Happy Birthdays Phyll & Apples. Had a long day. I had to run all my turkey paraphanalia over to my daughters after school and babysat there for a couple of hours. Last night I wrote out all instructions for cooking the turkey to her. This is her first turkey--she's subbing in my absence. I don't think she even likes turkey that much. I gave my sister the directions to my turkey a couple of years ago so will probably still be helping make it in Tennessee and eat it.

Julie you're sounding better. Love Thanksgiving. Made sure I saw all my grandchildren the past couple weeks since I won't see them at Thanksgiving.

One more day of teaching. I love my job but I need the break.

CBL

Cheri