Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Linda~ East coast oysters are small in September (just beginning their season), so I want to guess they are only a teaspoon each... and DEFINITELY a slider food! I tried eating steamed clams one day and really had a tough time with how TOUGH they were. Oysters can be the same way if cooked too long. And when they are this small, everyone overcooks them.

Thanks for the hugs with the endometriosis. Only another person who has suffered like this knows. It's ironic that for YEARS they wanted to put me on hormones but my morbid obesity made me such a high risk. And now, I don't want to be on them. But, I will tell you- it is getting worse these last 3 months. I hate taking pain medication especially having a little boy around to take care of. I ALMOST took something this weekend. I didn't, but almost. I told DH I thought I needed an epidural! He was about to go get the stuff until I told him I was kidding. He cannot STAND to see people hurting and I think my head spun around a couple times on Saturday. <smirk>

Your speech sounded so nice and appropriate. So wonderful of you to include the family. I am sure she was looking down on you with a huge smile.

Time to race to car line. TTYL

Edited by peascorps

Good Morning All ! Got a little time before I get DGS up for school so I'm trying to get some LBT in early! This was his first wkend off and he is soo ready to get back to playing with his buds!! He absolutely loves school, no problem getting him up, he just jumps out of that bed, he sure didn't get that from his Mom!! lol

If~~~~ I had to laugh when I read you just caught on to IYSOY!!! That was sooo funny! lol lol My DH is not up to the computer age and when I laugh out loud at some of these posts, he just looks at me weird! Good job on the eating! I'm not sure that I could have passed up on all that good food! I love to try out new things to eat, in fact, when my 2 DS's and I were traveling together, that was one of the things that I wanted to do, to try new foods from different parts of the country! I did try sushi, wasn't too crazy about it, oh, and fried calamari, had way to legs. But anyway good job!!

Mrs Bubba~~~ I am sooo envious of ppl that get their shopping done before Christmas Eve!!! Evey year I say I'm going to get done early but every year, you can find me out there with the rest of the crazies!! We're not going to have a big Christmas this year, I told my DD yesterday, that this year I'm going to make a really good meal and we're just going to enjoy each others company! Last year. I put Christmas on a Wal-Mart credit card and paid on it all year and I'm just not going to do that this year! All my kids and most of the DGK are grown and they'll just have to understand and I know they will, so it'll be o.k.

Linda~~~ glad to hear everything went well! I would have been sooo nervous getting up there in front of all those ppl! I just know you did a good job! When I go that's what I want, a celebration! I would have loved to see all the red hats! Yea, I agree that jerk had some nerve to call us up and ask us to bring Eli to him!! But that's the way he is!! I have to take Eli to his Moms church Sunday so I'm going to call the jerk and tell him if he wants to see Eli, then to meet us at church and also he needs some new shoes and socks for school! lol lol He really doesn't need them but I'm tired of him not doing anything to take care of his responsibilities!!!

Meredith~~ I totally agree on staycations, sometime their the best! Most of the time we don't do anything but just stay home and unwind! We just have to relax so we can face whatever! I've never been to Mich., another place I would like to visit! I have an Uncle that lives in Benton Harbor, not sure if I spelled that right. But it sounds so pretty up there!

Larry~~~ These ladies are soo right about it being a life style change!! And like Linda said, take baby steps at first and before you know it, you will be on your way to a healthier life! Some of the changes I've made I look back on and wonder what took me so long and how easy it is now! My problem always was looking at the big picture, getting over whelmed and just giving up on myself! But with this band I feel like I can do this and I AM going to do it!! But the main thing that has helped me is, to keep coming back here for support!! These ppl are so great about everything!! Don't be to proud to ask them anything because all of them are soo good about listening and they give out really good advice! So come back as often as you can!

Laura~~~~ One of the good things about getting older is not having TOM anymore!!! I DO NOT MISS him at all!!! I had a DNC about 5 yrs ago and after that, he was gone! I still have some hot flashed but nothing I can't handle. I just love a lazy Sunday, we had one yesterday,also. We got home from church, fixed lunch, and the guys took a nap. I'm not a nap person so I just enjoyed the peace.

Well, I need to go get him up and ready for his day, I'll catch you guys later!! Sharon

Edited by doodlebug11

Good Morning............... Ijust got my 2 off for the day, so the house is quiet and I have a little time to sit here.. I slept a bit better last night... I'm hoping this is a new trend... the old one was getting very hard to bear....I'm waiting for a call from my GP this morning to give instructions about things.. Can't get the shot she wanted as that doc won't see me without me having a full othopedic work-up... so no shot!!! I'm still thinking a morhine drip would do the trick!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I have to take Mother to Bismarck today.... She got a letter on Saturday saying she was cleared by the State of North Dakota to drive again and can come pick up her license. YEAH!!!!!!!!........So, off we go sometime today.. I don't have to listen to her complainany more... Let's just hope she doesn't have anymore issues to make me regret this decision.. Doc had asked me if I thought it was okay before he gave his permission, so I hope we are right.... This last 6 months has been rought on me and her both.....

Sharon, it's good that you have set rules for this "father" (and I use the term lightly!!) These guys that can have the fun but don't want the responsiblities are a problem for me... Our dear little Mimi only has what I call a sperm donor.... And that's being nice... He tried to choke our daughter when Mimi was 3 months old... Found out later that he had forced DD to have sex and used his fists on her, but only where it didn't show... And she didn't tell me..... The day I kicked him off our property I didn't know all this, but had just had enough of what I knew of the situation... DD was so scared of him so I told him to leave.. They weren't married and he was staying with her in an apartment we own... Had I known I would have called the cops or worse........ Anyway she has a protection order against him and he pled guilty to asault and hasn't tried to see Mimi since... Over 2 years now... and that works for me.... She doens't need him at all... We found out that Mimi has 7 other brothers and sisters out there older than her with 4 mothers..... He needs to be castrated!!! Sorry for that tirad.............Can you tell it gets me worked up???

Laura, I'm sorry for the rough time you must go through every month... DD has PCOS and struggles much in this area also.... She says there is a new Midol out there that has been some relief to her the last couple months, but make her sleepy.... She was hoping that this would ease up after she got pregnant when it was supposed she couldn't... But it has come back with a vengence.... I never experienced but have had 2 DNC's from excessive bleeding... I, too, am so glad not to have that issue in my life anymore.. It's great.....there are enough other issues when you get older!!! you take care and stay close to your heating pad!!!

Linda, glad we could help out during this time of grief for you... Let's hope the pain eases as you move on with life.. Your friend would want that....

If, that grandma time is so precious, isn't it?? I don't get to see my two older boys often, but this little one is wonderful.. I got my snuggle time this morning before she left for the sitter.. Gives you a good feeling to start the day...

Meredith... I like to rest at home, too.... Being gone is fun, but home is best...... Good luck on your new school year.... When do you start again???

Well, I should do something constructive around here.. Mostly just need to straighten up and then maybe have a nice bath before my little excursion... You all have a good day......... TTYL............... Julie

Okay, I finally had some new pictures taken of me yesterday, so thought I would update my avatar and try to post some here, but I have no idea what I'm doing.. If this works, great..................... if not, please someone tell me what to do..... Thanks........ Julie

Now it occurs to me that I should have put a "before" picture, so will add one if I can find one... Haven't been fond of pictures for many years.... Don't know when, but two were taken before surgery and the last one was 1-09(white sweater)

Good Morning Gang...

MJ concert SUCKED BIG TIME... Didn't start on time (it's not like the guy was the real thing so don't know who he thought he was) it was hotter than hadies - then the guy was crappy - the back up singers were the real singers he did his high voice uh ohs and that's about it - we left early and so did alot of other pple..

Julie - love your new pic's !!! Yes start the mind over matter and see if that helps.. Go make an appt with ortho..

Christmas shopping for me now a days are gift cards - well except for Brooke the 5 yr old - Don't know how we are going to handel Xmas this yr - last yr kids came here - but that's hard - they do need to start their own - but all their lives I have been with them on Xmas - well it will work out..

Larry - one day at a time - food is our drug of choice and it's so very hard to let it go especially when we have to have it to survive...

Laura - why don't you get the plumbing removed if you are in that much pain..

Linda - Hugs - glad the services went well...

Sharon - I will keep your DD in my prayers - I know what you will be going thru.. It's not easy... One day at a time.

Cheri - I wish my band would tighten at night - I am considering getting a tweak - will see how this week goes..

Well sorry for the drive by post - but boss just walked in and I didnt quote everyone - and my short term memory is shot - so hugs to all that I have missed - not intentional :0) love to you all - gotta get to work...

Afternoon, Ladies! (and Larry) LOL

Got home from lake about 11am. DH came up early on Friday as we had a wedding at 3pm (weird time). LONG Catholic wedding...1.5 hours. Reception and dance at the Holiday Inn. Served mashed garlic potatoes, OILY green Beans, stuffing and turkey. Was fun seeing the neices and nephews...DH's mother was her regular crabby self and tends to ruin every family get-together. She tried again but think the joy of the wedding over-rode her attempts. We only had to travel 30 miles from our lake home. We were back and around the campfire by 11pm. Went to bed about 2pm. Was COLD in the evenings this weekend. Got down to 41 degrees on Sat night and low fifties on Friday night. Embarassed to say that I went to bed with 4 jackets on Friday night after the campfire. Woke up at 3am and stripped down. DH was counting the zippers as I ripped them open. (Woke him up). Fun weekend and do not look forward to closing up in a month.

I know what you mean, Meredith, about the work involved with going on that mini vacation. I make it easy on myself and have the lake place fully stocked and do not move anything back and forth. Just stock the cupboards and freezer at the beginning of the season and all I travel back and forth with is the clean laundry from the weekend b/4. I have it down to a science after all these years.

BTW...Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...too much to respond to but I did catch up with everyone's posts. Today is catch up day and so will be tomorrow. Heading north again on Wed and will be with one of my best friends for a surgery on Thursday. Will be some travelling involved so know it will be most of the day with her and getting back really lake. She is 89 yrs old and bladder cancer is back again. She's a tough lady but has a good attitude in her court. Love her to death. She has been a mother figure to me for many, many years. Band is tight since I found out last week that her cancer is back. I have been force-feeding since then. I never miss getting all of my calories in.

Have a pot of chili brewing on the stove, and alfredo dish (made with homemade egg noodles out of my freezer), making egg salad for noon sandwiches tomorrow, have a peach cobbler in the oven and have a three garlic turkey filets ready to put in oven when cobbler comes out. Also will mix up a beer/cheese bread that is made with self rising whole wheat flour. Plan do do 120 quarts of freezer sweet corn in the morning.

I don't list what I make to make you guys drool! LOL. Just and outline of what a typical day at this place is all about. More interesting than listing how many oily pairs of jeans and shirts went through the wash ! None of food I make makes me drool anymore. It's almost like I know what my band will tolerate and I crave the things that it allows.

Laura...sorry to hear of your TOM problems. One of my best friends used to be incompacitated (sp?) for a couple of days each month. Hope you can get some relief in the near future.

Linda...sorry about your friend.

Julie...great photos...you are a very pretty lady and can really see of diff in weight in photos....Cute little Mimi. Wish she was mine!

Everyone else.....will check back later. Just bolied the damned egg noodles over. Thank God of glass cooktops. Later.

Edited by Apples2

Whew!!!!!!!!!! Apples, I am tired reading your post. I think I need a nap after all that cooking. I'll take one for you. lol. ..........and yes, I am drooling!

Sorry Arlene, like I said...didn't want to make anyone drool. My doc calls says I'm an enigma...never get tired ususally. You have to realize, I only do this 3-4 days a week. The real work will hit once harvest starts.

Apples - Darling I wish I had half the energy that you do girl and yes I love hearing about your menu's !!! I agree better than wash :0) - Hugs & prayers for your (almost) Mom...

Charlene - how's the food journarling going ????

Janet, I am journaling.....well, except for yesterday. The ticker hasn't moved, but I am not discouraged. I have a neat journal that the nutritionist gave me. It has a place for Water, exercise, and protein.....then another page for just writing down thoughts. I'll will have a good report when I go on the 24th. That day, I will blow in the machine that tells reads my metabolism.

Apples - Darling I wish I had half the energy that you do girl and yes I love hearing about your menu's !!! I agree better than wash :0) - Hugs & prayers for your (almost) Mom...

Charlene - how's the food journarling going ????

Janet...this is what the band has done for me. Brought me back to the energy level that I had when I was young. I attibute some of my energy to the way I am eating now compared to b/4 surgery. Think I am getting the proper combination of nutrition for what my body needs. 3 yrs ago I never would have guessed I would feel this good. No aches or pains. I lived in pain b/4. :biggrin:

Janet, I am journaling.....well, except for yesterday. The ticker hasn't moved, but I am not discouraged. I have a neat journal that the nutritionist gave me. It has a place for Water, exercise, and protein.....then another page for just writing down thoughts. I'll will have a good report when I go on the 24th. That day, I will blow in the machine that tells reads my metabolism.

I have never checked our clinic to see if they have the equipment to do this test. I have seen others post about doing it and thought it would be really interesting to find out the #'s. Anxious to hear how you turn out with it and what you think of the outcome. I'll have to remember to check with my doc the next time I'm in for a checkup to see if it's available at our clinic. Did your doc talk at all about the accuracy rate?