Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey girls! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. How did I miss the post that says Julie is going home? Anyway, happy you are home and you are on the mend, Julie. Take care of yourself. Let others wait on you till you are stronger.

Crazy busy around here (yep, even on the weekends) with prepping for spring planting, building in the shop, volunteering, etc., etc., etc..I have always enjoyed a full day but it's keeping me from even checking into LBT.

We were going to head to the lake but decided I would make sure I have absolutely everything packed and do it in one trip. That way I can have DH carry everything in for me. Since I have three or more hernia surgeries behind me, I like to keep it that way. I lift but am careful not to overdo. Going to head up to lake tomorrow instead. Want to be around for the early morning send off for our local National Guard troops. So happy my son is not going with the unit this time but sooooooo sad to say goodbye to his friends. Those kids are like our boys. They have all spent so much time here.

Please all say a prayer for our guys and all the guys in harms way. We want all of them back this time. My son lost 3 of his buddies last time.

Well...back at it. Have friends coming for an early brunch tomorrow. One of my best friend's son is heading out on that bus in the morning and I felt it was important that she have some support after having to say goodbye.

I have had my band for 21 month

- 7/17/09 will be 2 yrs

There are plenty of calculators where you input your weight height and activity level and it will tell you how many calories to eat to maintain that weight or lose or gain

I originally had one that said 1900 to maintain - but my trainer said no - that was too many - I think my doc said to add 100 calories week and see how you do.. It's trial and error really - and I am guesstimating - I am pretty good at it but it's not exact..

I got to goal 160 (was my original goal) in 10 months 5/8/08 that was 90 lbs lost - but I wanted 100 lbs lost and really wanted a normal bmi - I got to the 100 lbs in June 08 and on 7/24/08 I had a normal bmi (105 lbs lost weight 145 lbs) !!!! So 2 year 1 week

After that I just kept eating healthy and exercising and I lost the other 7 lbs - I really didn't keep track of it - it sorta just happened all on it;s own - I think 138-140 is my body's happy weight - a weight were I can eat normally enjoy a few treats and maintain - I think the very lowest I have gotten is 137 but have only been there once or 2 during the last few months and it's only for 1 day

Struggles - biggest one in the beginning and even today was knowing when I was physically full - I would sit after eating 1/2 cup and contemplate my stomach and how I felt -

I gotta say that was and still is my biggest struggle head hunger - which can and does manifest it's self into you thinking you are physically hungry even though you are full -

it's why food is our drug - we give it some and it wants more more more....

I do ok during the day - I get hungry yep - but for some reason during the day I can deal with it - it's at night where I have my problems - heck pre banding come home have 2 tacos - hr later 1 more with Beans - then 1/2 hr late fried cheese taco - and understand these tacos where full or grease avocado cheese - omg... Once I start eating at night it's very hard if not impossible to quit..

This is why I save my daytime Snacks for night time eating (my calorie budget)

Other than that - I gotta say it hasn't been that hard for me.. I think due to my age - having major surgery - I had my Ah Ha Moment - my fat was limiting my life - I was tried all the time - I ate & slept my weekends away - vacuuming the house would cause me to break out in a sweat.. I couldn't do anything without being exhausted..

Now I have more energy than my 18 yr gs..

Do I miss pigging out hell yes I miss it at times - but I feel to damn good to go back there - I still have treats - it's not like I am on a diet - I just changed my eating to lower fat - lower sugar and exercising -

I enjoy my healthy meals - I was never a fast food eater or big junk food eater - I just ate like I said very high fat - sugar - too big of portions and no exercise - I ate regular foods that I cooked just way too much of it..

At Christmas time it's tradition that I bake xmas Cookies w/my 2 Gd's - so how I dealt with this was I said no to ALL the treats in the office during the holidays - My reward was that I could have a few of the Cookies that I made with my GD's - it's was my trade off... That's how I do it -

If you want that 1 piece of cake tonite - then tomorrow you you gotta eat a little light and add a little more exercise in..

I had major issues with my family in 08and baby bro died - but gotta say during all these tragidites I didn't turn to food - it's still my drug of choice but I have found that it doesn't have the same hold on me any longer that it use to -

I quit making all the excuses at to why i couldn't do this or that - and I was great at it - "who in the hell said that 1/2 c of ice creams is a serving size" where in the hell did they come up with that - heck a serviing size is one pint ..

Thank you so much for all of the information. You as well as the others are so nice to talk with. Questions for you?

Do you eat oatmeal? I notice alot of people do. Are you supposed to make it more runny?

Portion size Do you stick with just a half of cup or do you eat a half and wait a while then eat the other?

So I have the same problem with night time eating? I can control it during the day but at night watch out.

Anyways thanks so much for your story and thoughts it really helps me to hear people's stories and struggles.

Thank you for your kind words and i will check here lots .

Hi everyone,

Well I painted all day yesterday. That was my exercising. Boy was I sore by the end of the day. This mornings not so bad. Hey there is some good core exercise.

I ate B-protein bar L- 1/4?? taco bell salad; Protein bar D - TGIF's chicken tortilla Soup, few bits salad; S - skinny cow ice cream sand-----Total 873 calories

IDK why but L & D I had trouble eating and had to come back to it later. Maybe didn't chew enough, I think I was distracted or too hungry, IDK.

I see everyone eats lots of fish. I like all kinds but I have to admit I have never ever made fish (not counting the fish stick we threw in the over during lent LOL). I think for some reason I'm afraid to because I have no idea how to tell if it's cooked or not. Does anyone have any Cooking fish for Dummies?? LOL

Denise

Hi All,

So much going on - I've spent several hours over the last 2 days just catching up with all of you.

Still in Korea - welcomed Josiah Charles into the family on April 13th (Apr 12th in the States - does that count as an Easter baby?). He is a little doll. Big brother is adjusting after a few rough days. Being a big brother is great - but it means you have a little brother 24/7, and mommy does not always have time to give her undivided attention. Grandma is okay - but just not the same.

I have been steadily losing since being here - a week and a half now - and I have lost about 4 pounds. Chasing after a 2 year old has it's advantages. The first 6 days we were eating out at every meal, so I feel pretty good about the loss. I've been concentrating on Protein, vegies, very little white carbs, though I have had rice - Korean staple, of course! Now that we are at DD's home, we are back on a regular "eat at home" schedule, and DD is a very healthy eater and cook for her family. I've been doing most of the cooking while here, but have her ingredients to work with. It's been working well. A lot of walking these days. Every little bit helps.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend, making good choices and moving.

Hi All,

So much going on - I've spent several hours over the last 2 days just catching up with all of you.

Still in Korea - welcomed Josiah Charles into the family on April 13th (Apr 12th in the States - does that count as an Easter baby?). He is a little doll. Big brother is adjusting after a few rough days. Being a big brother is great - but it means you have a little brother 24/7, and mommy does not always have time to give her undivided attention. Grandma is okay - but just not the same.

I have been steadily losing since being here - a week and a half now - and I have lost about 4 pounds. Chasing after a 2 year old has it's advantages. The first 6 days we were eating out at every meal, so I feel pretty good about the loss. I've been concentrating on Protein, vegies, very little white carbs, though I have had rice - Korean staple, of course! Now that we are at DD's home, we are back on a regular "eat at home" schedule, and DD is a very healthy eater and cook for her family. I've been doing most of the cooking while here, but have her ingredients to work with. It's been working well. A lot of walking these days. Every little bit helps.

Joanne...congrats on the new little one, Grandma. I am looking forward to the day I am one. My DS's just are not at that stage in their lives yet.

Happy to hear you are still losing even though you were travelling and eating out some. That's what makes a great bandster....

I think I can speak for all of us when I say we miss our daily chats with you. Enjoy the rest of your trip and those grandbabies. Your daughter will be back in the States b/4 you know it! Take care and safe travels!;)

Denise painting is alot of work....but I also enjoy it. I am sure that it came out very nice.

Hope your party was nice last night Janet.

I am 2 lbs away from onederland......I cannot believe it. I have not been in the 100's since I was a teenager. I had my second really good day yesterday no getting stuck and was able to eat.

B- Special K

L- Atkins Protein Bar (I was on the run)

D- Chili with steak (from Clam Jumper) it was very good

We were out all day yesterday car hunting....we finally got one it is really nice and I am really happy with it I just did not realize it is alot longer than my old car so now we have to go clean out the garage so we can park it.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi everyone,

Well I painted all day yesterday. That was my exercising. Boy was I sore by the end of the day. This mornings not so bad. Hey there is some good core exercise.

I ate B-protein bar L- 1/4?? taco bell salad; Protein bar D - TGIF's chicken tortilla Soup, few bits salad; S - skinny cow ice cream sand-----Total 873 calories

IDK why but L & D I had trouble eating and had to come back to it later. Maybe didn't chew enough, I think I was distracted or too hungry, IDK.

I see everyone eats lots of fish. I like all kinds but I have to admit I have never ever made fish (not counting the fish stick we threw in the over during lent LOL). I think for some reason I'm afraid to because I have no idea how to tell if it's cooked or not. Does anyone have any Cooking fish for Dummies?? LOL

Denise

Could it be the lettuce that gave you trouble? I read of folks eating it with no problems but in my nutrition class they had warned us about it as when you chew it and swallow it tends to ball up and can get stuck easily. I'm not a huge lettuce fan so haven't even tried it. As for fish, I always go by the if it's opaque in the center it is done, and when it flakes.

Joann, good to hear from you. You sure are going to get your exercise in chasing a 2 yr old. Like apples, I am anxious for grandkids but my kids aren't there yet either. though they are 27 & 28 they live a lifestyle more like 18 & 19 I think. LOL Time to settle down, this old lady thinks! LOL

I haven't looked at this website for 4 or 5 months. I've been doing terribly. Back to eating regular portions, and binging.

This morning I woke up and said "this is it". I made a Protein Drink, and went to 5 day pouch diet site. Then, I went here, to get back on track, and get some support.

Then, I just got an email, replying to this thread. But I haven't seen this site. Why did it arrive today, when I needed it.

At one point, people were getting buddies. I sure could use a buddy right now. I'm almost 58. I got my band a year ago, and it was wonderful, until I sabotaged it. My son is almost 18, graduating high school, and going off to college. I'm a single adoptive mother, so this is real empty nest. I'm eating my way through my feelings.

Hopefully, someone will write to me. I will appreciate it.

Joanne...congrats on the new little one, Grandma. I am looking forward to the day I am one. My DS's just are not at that stage in their lives yet.

Happy to hear you are still losing even though you were travelling and eating out some. That's what makes a great bandster....

I think I can speak for all of us when I say we miss our daily chats with you. Enjoy the rest of your trip and those grandbabies. Your daughter will be back in the States b/4 you know it! Take care and safe travels!:blink:

I have missed all of you! I get so much of a boost by reading your posts and enjoying your successes. We're not always perfect, are we? Big surprise! Being successful is a matter of overcoming our imperfections and plugging on in spite of the roadblocks.

A little roadblock for us - DSIL has been informed he will be staying in Korea for another tour. They will be moving to Seoul, which is an improvement for them - much larger post with good family support and a lot more to offer spouses and children. It will be a very good job for DSIL, but none of them are too excited about staying in Korea for another tour. They are all missing home, friends, and extended families. They do not know yet whether it will be for one year or two.

Hi everyone, Just checking in and had a bunch to read as I've been busy the past few days. Joanne, glad to hear from you, congrats on your new grand baby. Hope you continue to lose weight and enjoy yourself on your trip. Hopefully the next tour will not be too long, I know how tough that is too. Apples, I also keep our solders and their families in my prayers - I was an AF wife for many years and I know how tough it is when one of your loved ones is in harm's way. Long, hope you didn't get too buried in snow! How much did you get? News said 20" in some parts of Colorado. We've had rain yesterday and today and supposed to be in the 80s later in the week -- thank goodness, as I've been cold all winter too. Can't wait to see how I feel in our hot, muggy weather (hopefully cooler than last year, lol). Okay, Janet, you asked for a lot of extra work. Here's what I ate today: brunch was egg beaters omlette, 1/2 serving of Morning Star Sausage Crumbles, 1 container of Yoplait light yogurt mixed with some strawberries and half a banana. dinner was taco salad I made with 1/2 C of 96% lean ground beef and black Beans (I cooked together with taco seasoning and was yum) 1/4 C. 2% shredded Mex. blend cheese, lettuce, raw spinach, sweet onions and grape tomatoes tossed with non-fat ranch dressing. Tonight my Snacks will be sugar free Jello cup and sugar free pudding and later on I'll have a Skinny Cow low fat peanut butter/chocolate ice cream sandwich. Total calories: 984. My calorie budget is 1150 daily. I couldn't eat all my salad tonight, but I'll still count all the calories, as it's too tough to try to deduct some.I normally eat only two meals a day because I work nights (and don't go to bed until 2:00 a.m.) and usually don't get up until 10:00 or 10:30 a.m. By the time I drink a cup of morning coffee and then wait the 1/2 hour to eat, it's usually almost lunch time anyway, so I normally just eat brunch and dinner, it works well for me. I eat my snacks at night too, I don't think I could make it through without having a treat to look forward to -- it helps keep me in line all day. I don't drink milk and so my doc wants me to incorporate low fat yogurt, pudding and non-fat ice cream (in limited amounts) in my diet for Calcium. I am finding Bryers non-fat ice cream delish (very creamy) along with some Fat Free Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge topping makes a truly satisfying dessert when you are craving chocolate. Unfortunately, it's NOT low sugar though, so I try to limit that treat to just once a week. I even put a little low fat granola on it once in a while for crunch or sometimes half a banana too. But only 1/2 Cup at a time (I used to think a serving was about a pint too). I've been very fortunate that I haven't had any problems so far with foods getting stuck (only had one fill so far). I really missed salads and was very happy when I could start eating them again - but I do chop up everything very well and chew, chew chew. I am getting my next fill on Wednes. please wish me luck -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will go smoother than the last one. Julie, so happy you are at home, that means you are getting better and I hope you start feeling better too. I hope spring comes along this week so you can get outside and get some fresh air too. I know I'm ready for spring to happen here. Janet. hope your jewelry party went well, I just went to one about a week ago. I have so much jewelry I could probably open a store, but always find something I MUST HAVE at those parties. LOL. My DS is coming on Wednes for my bday -- isn't that sweet? MY DH's b-day is Tues., so we have lots of celebrating to do. I found a low fat cake recipe that sounds delish -- I'll make that for us. Hope everyone has a great week! Linda

Hello gang. I did alot better

yesterday....no getting stuck it was so nice.

B - oatmeal

L - 1/2 cup chili with beaf

D - 3 oz sole, string Beans 1/2 cup rice

snack - sf Jello

The sole was great it melting in my mouth and I had no problems with it. I was so scared to eat. I made sure I ate very very slow took me over 45 min to eat my dinner .....but it worked.

Janet have a wondeful time tonight.

Everyone thank you for always being here for us new banders. Without you guys it would be very difficult.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Rose - Yes you just have to eat slowly and chew - it helps alot..

Okay, Janet, checking in.........went to back dr yesterday........he told me not to walk on concrete till I build up my core muscles or I will be right back in pain again. Whatever, I am still gonna walk the neighborhood, but I have to start therapy on Monday. I'll learn some core muscle exercises.

Then I went to the GP.......I have a bladder infection.......I am allergic to most antibiotics , but I tried Levaquin. Wow,......thought I had the flu all night long. I'm afraid to take another one.

The fill gave me more restriction, but it is weird, I thought I would get stuck , and I haven't . I wonder if I could have stood to get more. Oh well, I go back the 14th for another fill. I hope I lose 4-5lbs by then.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend. It is pouring down rain on the Gulf Coast and I am watching Lifetime movies....kinda like it!

Charlene - Yes working your core does make walking easier since I have been working the weights - I can do 14 inclines where as before - I could do no incline - give your fill a bit and maybe it will kick in - the one I got in oct or nov took 2 weeks to kick in..

Hey girls! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. How did I miss the post that says Julie is going home? Anyway, happy you are home and you are on the mend, Julie. Take care of yourself. Let others wait on you till you are stronger.

Crazy busy around here (yep, even on the weekends) with prepping for spring planting, building in the shop, volunteering, etc., etc., etc..I have always enjoyed a full day but it's keeping me from even checking into LBT.

We were going to head to the lake but decided I would make sure I have absolutely everything packed and do it in one trip. That way I can have DH carry everything in for me. Since I have three or more hernia surgeries behind me, I like to keep it that way. I lift but am careful not to overdo. Going to head up to lake tomorrow instead. Want to be around for the early morning send off for our local National Guard troops. So happy my son is not going with the unit this time but sooooooo sad to say goodbye to his friends. Those kids are like our boys. They have all spent so much time here.

Please all say a prayer for our guys and all the guys in harms way. We want all of them back this time. My son lost 3 of his buddies last time.

Well...back at it. Have friends coming for an early brunch tomorrow. One of my best friend's son is heading out on that bus in the morning and I felt it was important that she have some support after having to say goodbye.

Prayer daily for our men & women who put their lives on the line for us

Thank you so much for all of the information. You as well as the others are so nice to talk with. Questions for you?

Do you eat oatmeal? I notice alot of people do. Are you supposed to make it more runny?

Portion size Do you stick with just a half of cup or do you eat a half and wait a while then eat the other?

So I have the same problem with night time eating? I can control it during the day but at night watch out.

Anyways thanks so much for your story and thoughts it really helps me to hear people's stories and struggles.

I don't eat oatmeal often - I like it but it doesn't stick with me for very long and I am not a big sweet person in the morning -

I eat about 1 to 1.5 cups for dinner - lunch is usually 1 cup - I could never live on 1/2 cup per meal... That's not eating..

Thank you for your kind words and i will check here lots .

Hope so ...

Hi everyone,

Denise

Denise - Fish - 350 degrees 20 minutes - that how I cook my catfish - salmon whatever fish I eat ..

Painting's good exercise...

Hi All,

Joann - Congrats on the Baby & weight loss

Denise painting is alot of work....but I also enjoy it. I am sure that it came out very nice.

Hope your party was nice last night Janet.

I am 2 lbs away from onederland......I cannot believe it. I have not been in the 100's since I was a teenager. I had my second really good day yesterday no getting stuck and was able to eat.

B- Special K

L- Atkins Protein Bar (I was on the run)

D- Chili with steak (from Clam Jumper) it was very good

We were out all day yesterday car hunting....we finally got one it is really nice and I am really happy with it I just did not realize it is alot longer than my old car so now we have to go clean out the garage so we can park it.

Have a great day everyone.

Party was great - had a good time

Could it be the lettuce that gave you trouble? I read of folks eating it with no problems but in my nutrition class they had warned us about it as when you chew it and swallow it tends to ball up and can get stuck easily. I'm not a huge lettuce fan so haven't even tried it. As for fish, I always go by the if it's opaque in the center it is done, and when it flakes.

Joann, good to hear from you. You sure are going to get your exercise in chasing a 2 yr old. Like apples, I am anxious for grandkids but my kids aren't there yet either. though they are 27 & 28 they live a lifestyle more like 18 & 19 I think. LOL Time to settle down, this old lady thinks! LOL

I guess I am lucky - I can eat salad - I hate making them but love eating them - also I have to becareful not to drowned them in dressing

I haven't looked at this website for 4 or 5 months. I've been doing terribly. Back to eating regular portions, and binging.

This morning I woke up and said "this is it". I made a Protein Drink, and went to 5 day pouch diet site. Then, I went here, to get back on track, and get some support.

Then, I just got an email, replying to this thread. But I haven't seen this site. Why did it arrive today, when I needed it.

At one point, people were getting buddies. I sure could use a buddy right now. I'm almost 58. I got my band a year ago, and it was wonderful, until I sabotaged it. My son is almost 18, graduating high school, and going off to college. I'm a single adoptive mother, so this is real empty nest. I'm eating my way through my feelings.

Hopefully, someone will write to me. I will appreciate it.

Mergatroy - Welcome - you can jump in we are glad to have you - and as my GF - God's kick up side the head - well it's something like that - but heck I'm 54 and my brain is gone alreay - God slap is what she says.. Yep he was directing you to us ...

Janet...........we are missing you today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slept til 8:41 which you all know is late for me - then read the paper - went hand nails & toes does - went to Marshalls and then a gf came over - barely got on the computer - I turned it on this morning - but had to get my butt in gear and get stuff done - still never made it to market - but will do that tomorrow after gym

Hi everyone, Just checking in and had a bunch to read as I've been busy the past few days. Joanne, glad to hear from you, congrats on your new grand baby. Hope you continue to lose weight and enjoy yourself on your trip. Hopefully the next tour will not be too long, I know how tough that is too. Apples, I also keep our solders and their families in my prayers - I was an AF wife for many years and I know how tough it is when one of your loved ones is in harm's way. Long, hope you didn't get too buried in snow! How much did you get? News said 20" in some parts of Colorado. We've had rain yesterday and today and supposed to be in the 80s later in the week -- thank goodness, as I've been cold all winter too. Can't wait to see how I feel in our hot, muggy weather (hopefully cooler than last year, lol). Okay, Janet, you asked for a lot of extra work. Here's what I ate today: brunch was egg beaters omlette, 1/2 serving of Morning Star Sausage Crumbles, 1 container of Yoplait light yogurt mixed with some strawberries and half a banana. DInner was taco salad I made with 1/2 C of 96% lean ground beef and black Beans (I cooked together with taco seasoning and was yum) 1/4 C. 2% shredded Mex. blend cheese, lettuce, raw spinach, sweet onions and grape tomatoes tossed with non-fat ranch dressing. Tonight my Snacks will be sugar free Jello cup and sugar free pudding and later on I'll have a Skinny Cow low fat peanut butter/chocolate ice cream sandwich. Total calories: 984. My calorie budget is 1150 daily. I couldn't eat all my salad tonight, but I'll still count all the calories, as it's too tough to try to deduct some.I normally eat only two meals a day because I work nights (and don't go to bed until 2:00 a.m.) and usually don't get up until 10:00 or 10:30 a.m. By the time I drink a cup of morning coffee and then wait the 1/2 hour to eat, it's usually almost lunch time anyway, so I normally just eat brunch and dinner, it works well for me. I eat my Snacks at night too, I don't think I could make it through without having a treat to look forward to -- it helps keep me in line all day. I don't drink milk and so my doc wants me to incorporate low fat yogurt, pudding and non-fat ice cream (in limited amounts) in my diet for Calcium. I am finding Bryers non-fat ice cream delish (very creamy) along with some Fat Free Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge topping makes a truly satisfying dessert when you are craving chocolate. Unfortunately, it's NOT low sugar though, so I try to limit that treat to just once a week. I even put a little low fat granola on it once in a while for crunch or sometimes half a banana too. But only 1/2 Cup at a time (I used to think a serving was about a pint too). I've been very fortunate that I haven't had any problems so far with foods getting stuck (only had one fill so far). I really missed salads and was very happy when I could start eating them again - but I do chop up everything very well and chew, chew chew. I am getting my next fill on Wednes. please wish me luck -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will go smoother than the last one. Julie, so happy you are at home, that means you are getting better and I hope you start feeling better too. I hope spring comes along this week so you can get outside and get some fresh air too. I know I'm ready for spring to happen here. Janet. hope your jewelry party went well, I just went to one about a week ago. I have so much jewelry I could probably open a store, but always find something I MUST HAVE at those parties. LOL. My DS is coming on Wednes for my bday -- isn't that sweet? MY DH's b-day is Tues., so we have lots of celebrating to do. I found a low fat cake recipe that sounds delish -- I'll make that for us. Hope everyone has a great week! Linda

Hey Linda sounds like you are doing - great... There is a new low sugar cake mix out - made with splenda.. Cake is a danger food for me - so I haven't got it - Sweets and my down fall so I just don't do them often..

Well gang - sorry I wasn't super chatty today or tonite for that matter - but it's 9:17 and I just wanted to pop in and say hi..

Will talk to you all tomorrow...

Hugs

Hi everyone, I'm back at home and trying to get back into a normal swing.. Not an easy thing when you feel rough... Got home Friday afternoon and just crashed.... But I did sleep most of the night in my bed.... Last night I made it from 10:30 to 6:30, so this is good..... I do still have the pain in my left upper quadrant that is very weakening... It just zaps me, but I keep it managed for the most part.... I only take pain meds at night and use liquid Tylenol during the day if needed.... It's been busy since I got home, with lots of family and friends stopping by and such... Have tried to do a few things, but it will mostly wait until I feel better. DH starts his summer job today, just left, and I'm on my own now... He was supposed to start 4-1, but wasn't able to... I said he should go and I will figure things out as needed... Others will come to help out with the baby so I can do daycare for her... She will be 2 on Sunday and can be very active!!!!! I'm not up to chasing her yet.....

I've just read all the posts and wish I could comment on each.... I doubt I'll be able to, but wanted to say congrats on the new baby..... sorry they have to stay away so long... Our grandson was 13 months old before we got to meet him and then 3 before we saw him again... That was hard, so I'm glad you got to be there...

Yes, keeping the soldiers in our hearts is the only thing to do... I had my husband and son over in Iraq at the same time in 2004.... What an experience that was... don't want it again....

Hope all are doing well... congrats on the pounds lost... and good luck to those who have been struggling and are finding their way back... I'm hanging in there.... I'm totally unfilled now and don't know when I might get to start re-fill.... but I was down to 296 today and that's the right direction.. I'm going to do my best to get my strength back without gaining any back... That might be a challenge when I can hardly walk yet...but I'll give it a good try...

Take care all.... Thanks for listening.. Julie

Good Morning, it is beautiful sunshine here. Lol, now that I know you all a little better I watch to see how the weather is in your locations. Last week when the big snow was here I knew Long was in for a big storm.

So glad to here that you are home Julie. Be careful not to over do. Good thing someone is coming by to help with the little one.

I had my fourth fill last week and I think this is pretty tight. The pa even had to take .5 cc out cause I couldn’t swallow Water. It was very interesting… Back on solids now chew and slow is how it is. A lot of times as I am chewing I realize this bite I can not swallow(I don‘t)…. But I am like Janet if I pb it is a short lived and doesn’t go on for more than a few minutes. Thank goodness!!

Every one have a good day!!

Holly

April exercise 11/20

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/url][/img]