Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang !!!

Happy Thrusday !!!

Julie hope you are feeling even better today..

Yep 1day & spray we can over eat the sf stuff -low fat stuff etc - it's not just about whats in our foods - it really boils down to calories plan and simple - this is why I am a huge advocate of tracking your food - we need to learn how many caloire are in our daily food choices

You might not have eaten that candy bar that had 200 calories - you ate 3 sf WW fudgecicles and that totaled 300 calories and we think we are ok cuz it was sf it is allowable and we can have as much as we want - well a calorie is a calorie no matter what you eat.

So is everyone going to be leaving here for Facebook? 50's has already slowed down. I can hardly keep up here, would hate to think of learning something new. :sneaky:

I use Facebook for other stuff, but there are many of LBT'ers on it as well. I also pop in and out of the 50's thread and see the same people so maybe some have just drifted to this thread and away from 50's.

I use Facebook for other stuff, but there are many of LBT'ers on it as well. I also pop in and out of the 50's thread and see the same people so maybe some have just drifted to this thread and away from 50's.

For me FB is just for fun stuff - like playing pathword -parking wars - mob wars - yep I play these thing with my lbt buddies - but we really don't get into the issues that we do here - it's just another distract from food for me when I am bored...

Quote:

Originally Posted by peascorps viewpost.gif

OK..... I survived! It took way longer than expected. Do you guys remember me complaining about a swelling over my port site? Well it ends up it was a seroma. Seromas are REALLY common after any kind of surgery, especially abdominal, breast and colon. Word of the day: "Seroma is just a gathering of serous Fluid.

Serous Fluid is the pale yellow straw colored fluid that is produced by lymph vessels and by the tissues that lie beneath the skin. You'll have seen serous fluid if you've ever had a blister on your hand or foot - the fluid that comes out when you puncture a blister is serous fluid."

The good news is the seroma didn't open to the outside of my skin. Sometimes they can cause the wound to not heal and actually leak and it becomes an "open" wound that has to be packed and is a wound clinic nightmare. The bad news is it will likely return and have to be drained again.

After I was on the exam table... prepped with betadine and a sterile drape placed... my surgeon then palpated the port area. He agreed that my "swelling" wasn't within the normal and decided to see what he would find. (Medical people like to stick needles in things to see what's in it). So, he numbed up the skin first. Then he took a 20cc syringe. Stuck it in and it filled instantly. He asked his nurse for another.. and another and another. He got out 120cc! He said there was probably more but he didn't want to poke too deep. The fluid was clearish yellow (normal) and no sign of infection. Then he went on to find my port. The seroma had actually displaces things a bit. My port ended up being lateral to my belly button a clear 3 inches below my port scar! I got my 3cc and was instructed to be on liquids for 2 days then mush.. then back to normal. I have to return in two weeks for fill #2 and most probably another seroma drainage. It already feels as if it has filled back in some. I will try to post some photos of before and after. He told me very few patients have any restriction with the first fill. 3cc in 10cc realize band. But that they don't do more because of the increase incidence of nausea.

So, I spent my morning feeling like a pin cushion. It really wasn't that bad. After about 10 min. my Dr. said, "you might be one of those rare patients that I have to do under fluoro." This guy has done thousands of bands and bypasses. He teaches surgeons all over how to do them. I honestly think he could do them with his eyes closed.

My gut (no pun intended) instinct was something ain't right. But... he said he wouldn't have drained it earlier anyway... b/c it just increases risk of infection.

I had a shake early this morning (6:30am) made with light soy milk, unjury Protein powder (20g Protein per scoop), 1/2 banana and Divinci raspberry flavor. For lunch I had a Muscle Milk Light (pre-mixed), 160 cal, 20 g Protein. For afternoon snack I had a Yoplait light Fat free yogurt, 100 cal, 5 g protein. I haven't had any Water. I am hungry. But this too shall pass. I don't have the energy to exercise today. Guess I will give myself a break today.

I'll keep you updated!

peas out!

Hi Y'all~

Wheewwwwwwwwww! OK... I survived Fill #2! I was able to bump up my fill by 4 days because I was convinced my seroma had gotten bigger & I was having pain and couldn't lie on my stomach. In reality it was more an illusion... my abdomen had gotten smaller and thus the seroma SEEMED bigger, but in fact it was smaller. This time he only was able to drain 35cc of serous fluid (it was a bit blood tinged but ZERO signs of infection). I immediately felt better. Then he put only 1cc more in my band. I was praying for some restriction or a trickle feeling with the H20. Nothing. But that's ok. He said that usually it is fill #3 before we feel much. But he says tomorrow when I can eat solids I should feel some. So now the two week wait for fill #3. I am down 30 lbs in 44 days! He reminded me AGAIN... NOT to expect this every week or month. And that the plateau I had two weeks ago, where I actually gained 2 and then took two weeks to get back down, might happen again. Mon I was 276 and today 272. I am just about to PMS... so I am bracing myself. He also told me to not concentrate too much on calories.... but to limit myself to the 1/2c each meal with a protein supplement in betweeen. He said if I make "healthy choices" I should be ok. The thing is... If I don't keep track of calories and protein and fat... then I do go over. I guess that is the ultimate goal... once we get to our "sweet spot" then we won't have to fret as much because our bodies will tell us when we have had enough. :sneaky:

I wore a pair of pants today that I haven't worn in over a year and a half! I remember the day I bought these over priced designer things. I remember even more clear the day these pants didn't fit... and how shitty I felt. Today was a good day.

peas out~ Laura

Indio~ I feel the same way about FB.

Quote:

Hi Y'all~

Wheewwwwwwwwww! OK... I survived Fill #2! I was able to bump up my fill by 4 days because I was convinced my seroma had gotten bigger & I was having pain and couldn't lie on my stomach. In reality it was more an illusion... my abdomen had gotten smaller and thus the seroma SEEMED bigger, but in fact it was smaller. This time he only was able to drain 35cc of serous Fluid (it was a bit blood tinged but ZERO signs of infection). I immediately felt better. Then he put only 1cc more in my band. I was praying for some restriction or a trickle feeling with the H20. Nothing. But that's ok. He said that usually it is fill #3 before we feel much. But he says tomorrow when I can eat solids I should feel some. So now the two week wait for fill #3. I am down 30 lbs in 44 days! He reminded me AGAIN... NOT to expect this every week or month. And that the plateau I had two weeks ago, where I actually gained 2 and then took two weeks to get back down, might happen again. Mon I was 276 and today 272. I am just about to PMS... so I am bracing myself. He also told me to not concentrate too much on calories.... but to limit myself to the 1/2c each meal with a Protein supplement in betweeen. He said if I make "healthy choices" I should be ok. The thing is... If I don't keep track of calories and Protein and fat... then I do go over. I guess that is the ultimate goal... once we get to our "sweet spot" then we won't have to fret as much because our bodies will tell us when we have had enough. :sneaky:

I wore a pair of pants today that I haven't worn in over a year and a half! I remember the day I bought these over priced designer things. I remember even more clear the day these pants didn't fit... and how shitty I felt. Today was a good day.

peas out~ Laura

Indio~ I feel the same way about FB.

Laura

I am glad everything went well - and you may feel some restriction - it took about 2 weeks for my second fill to really settle in - the 1st one I felt right away but it was gone within 2 weeks

I agree with you on the tracking and counting calories and protein - for us fat chicks its really a great learning tool - I did it for the 1st year. I think he suggest this so that you don't consider it dieting - but I didn't consider weighing - tracking and measuring as a diet - but a way to learn what a serving size was and how many caloires are in the foods that I eat.

As to your weight loss - who knows how it's going to go - I only had 1 week with no loss - I lost anywhere from .5 to 3 lbs - it varied each week - as long as you eat healthy and exercise the weight will come off - for some of us it comes off fast - for others it comes off slow and all those 1/2 lbs adds up - And alot of ppl may lose 3 lbs in one week and nothing for a week or so after that big lost - but again average it out and it will help..

I'm at my sweet spot - but being there doesn't stop me from wanting or eating unhealthy stuff - cuz as you will learn you can eat around your band - candy for example slips right on thru - even at my sweet spot if I wanted to I could eat 2 bags of candy ... So we can't rely on our bands 100% - as you will learn - most of the work will be up to you - but once you do get to your sweet spot - it will help alot.

Congrats on your pants !!! I know how good it feels - and just know it keeps on getting better - that was the 1st of many NSV'S (non scale victories) that you are going to experience on this journey...

Hugs - Janet

Janet~ Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It is all so true. I was telling another friend a quote I once heard from an RD... she said "nothing tastes as good as it feels to be thin". I hope to one day test that theory. :rolleyes2:

Hi everyone,

Well I went to the doc today and they took out 0.5cc of the 0.8cc they put in. I was bummed but it felt so much better to be able to drink Water without struggling so much. I still go back in 7 weeks so I'll see how this goes. I already feel so much better. I lost 9 lbs in 8 days so I guess I really was not eating at all. So now I really have to learn the part that is my part of all this. The band helps but I really have to make the desicions not to snack at night and make better low calorie choices. I don't know why I was so bummed to have to go to the doc. I guess because I when 3 months without losing anything that I don't want to go that long again.

Denise

Hi everyone,

Well I went to the doc today and they took out 0.5cc of the 0.8cc they put in. I was bummed but it felt so much better to be able to drink Water without struggling so much. I still go back in 7 weeks so I'll see how this goes. I already feel so much better. I lost 9 lbs in 8 days so I guess I really was not eating at all. So now I really have to learn the part that is my part of all this. The band helps but I really have to make the desicions not to snack at night and make better low calorie choices. I don't know why I was so bummed to have to go to the doc. I guess because I when 3 months without losing anything that I don't want to go that long again.

Denise

Denise - You said it all right there in orange !!!! That's the ticket !!! IMHO we can get to caught in the whole fill issue - we think we have to be super tight - but that's not what it's about - it's really about changing our eating habits and not relying on the band to do all the work for us..

ok gang - came up with this after posting on my Lucky #7 thread - we have pple who are struggling there too even 21 months out -but first you have to know I was given the title of food cop on my lucky #7 thread in the very beginning and as most of you know Phyl gave me the title of exercise cop here on this thread so this is what I came up with on a way to deal with having too many treats or not following our band rules..

Ok I am going to start giving tickets for offenses like eating unplanned treats or over doing a planned treat - or for making unhealthy food choices

OMG - That a brilliant idea - OK gang - I am going to give ticket (myself included) and depending how bad the offense was - we are all going to have to start exercise more to pay for those tickets !!!!

With every ticket you gotta exercise for an extra 20 minutes and just like a speeding the worse the offense the more you have to exercise :rolleyes2:

So how many pple did I just scare off with that one :crying:

Denise - You said it all right there in orange !!!! That's the ticket !!! IMHO we can get to caught in the whole fill issue - we think we have to be super tight - but that's not what it's about - it's really about changing our eating habits and not relying on the band to do all the work for us..

ok gang - came up with this after posting on my Lucky #7 thread - we have pple who are struggling there too even 21 months out -but first you have to know I was given the title of food cop on my lucky #7 thread in the very beginning and as most of you know Phyl gave me the title of exercise cop here on this thread so this is what I came up with on a way to deal with having too many treats or not following our band rules..

Ok I am going to start giving tickets for offenses like eating unplanned treats or over doing a planned treat - or for making unhealthy food choices

OMG - That a brilliant idea - OK gang - I am going to give ticket (myself included) and depending how bad the offense was - we are all going to have to start exercise more to pay for those tickets !!!!

With every ticket you gotta exercise for an extra 20 minutes and just like a speeding the worse the offense the more you have to exercise :rolleyes2:

You did not scare me, that sounds like an neat idea so How will we keep up with do we report everyday?

I'm starting to shake!!!!!!!!!!

You did not scare me, that sounds like an neat idea so How will we keep up with do we report everyday?

That good to hear :rolleyes2: I think I scare alot of pple away sometime :crying:

I don't know - I guess if you have gone over your calorie budget - or indulge in an unplanned treat you report it here and then depending on how bad it was - I will give you the ticket with how much extra exercise you have to do???

Or we can list what we ate for the day - but that's alot of work - what ever each person wants to do..

I don't know it really was a joke - but sounds good - I will ticket myself too - I always let everyone know when I have eaten too much or it was unplanned... And if nothing else I am an honest person - so you don't have to worry about me not being truthfull

I'm starting to shake!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya our 2500 calorie a day girl - just to maintain cuz she has gotten one hell of a motabolizm now - I bet you never get a ticket

Hello

I am not sure if I am posting this right but tomorrow(April 17,2009) is my surgery date for the lap band and I am happy and scared. I will leave my email address if someone want to mentor me.

Cheers Carrie

cjb747@hotmail.com

Hello everyone.....I need some advice. Since my last fill which was last Wednesday....its so strange I am fine for breakfast: usually oatmeal or special k or a egg. I am also at lunch usually some kind of veggie w/chicken or beaf Soup or chili. Than the problem has been with dinner tonight was the worse ever. I got stuck and slimed for over 2 hours. Everything finally came up. My chest is still hurting. I had cod....the same thing happened last night with cod. Has anyone ever had this problem with cod? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Carrie...wishing you the best and a speedy recovery from surgery.

Just check in here on this thread daily...there are plenty of people that have been through this and have a few years under their belts. It's a great place to ask for advice and we LOVE hearing how everyone is doing. Please let us know how things go.

Janet...you can ticket me if I DON'T get my cals in. But, those tickects will be few and far between. I am as faithful getting them in as I was not getting them in after surgery!

Hello everyone.....I need some advice. Since my last fill which was last Wednesday....its so strange I am fine for breakfast: usually oatmeal or special k or a egg. I am also at lunch usually some kind of veggie w/chicken or beaf Soup or chili. Than the problem has been with dinner tonight was the worse ever. I got stuck and slimed for over 2 hours. Everything finally came up. My chest is still hurting. I had cod....the same thing happened last night with cod. Has anyone ever had this problem with cod? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rose...do you think it might be the cod? Was it too dry? If there's something I get stuck on, I stay away from it for awhile. I will try it down the road and usually it works again. Maybe your system needed a rest from hard Protein for the day. If I ever get stuck I do liquids the rest of the day and the next. I always feel swollen and sore after a stick and know it's best to give it all a rest. The more you irritate it, the longer to heal.:rolleyes2: