Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello Wonderful wise women-

I have decided to start on page 1 of all of these posts to catch up and try to get as much of your wisdom as possible and to TRY to avoid asking you to repeat things- I have only made it to page 6 and I am tired and going to bed...but I have two burning questions....what exactly is the "sweet spot" and how will I know when I find it? also what is PB?

Just had my first fill today and (4cc's) and feeling hungry still and making sure it is not head hunger...thanks again for your dedication and support!

Martyh

Don't worry I repeat myself often - heck I'm 54 you know how it goes with us old pple.. :0)

Pbing - Productive burp - it's like throwing up but without the stomach acid - a forceful burp with food in it.. You get it when you have eaten too fast - not chewed well or your meat is very dry - you get this stuck feeling - some say golf ball in your chest - then your body produces mucus/salvia (we refer to it as slime)to try and move the food threw your stomach - sometime it will and other times it won't and bubbles back up and you end up spitting up your food..

Sweet spot is when you get filled to where you feel proper restriction - full on like 1/2 to 1 cup of food per meal.. It's when your band is working...

Welcome back Janet....missed you. Where did you go visit your son at?

I had my fill last Wednesday and boy let me tell you I can really feel the difference in this last fill. Eating my 3 meals and staying completely satisfied its a nice feeling....I hope it lasts. Well I am down 3 lbs this week and 4 more lbs until onederland....I cannot wait to be out of the 200's.

I have been busy taking care of my DH he got a staff infection and has been very sick.

I am happy to hear that everyone is doing well and Janet and everyone else thank you for all your support and advice. It really helps alot.

I'm behind on reading...Janet,

I had a fill on Monday. I'm very very tight. I don't know if I should get some taken out. You mentioned once being so tight it was difficult to drink your coffee in the morning. Did you get a little unfilled? I can eat a little in the afternoon and early evening. Like maybe 600-700 calories. If I have coffee it opens things up a little. I'm trying to hold out because it always seems like 2 weeks later I open up. What do you think? I don't know if I can stick it out.

Denise

P.S. Also my stomach has a lot of gas despite eating almost nothing. Is that normal if you are not eating enough?

Welcome back Janet....missed you. Where did you go visit your son at?

I had my fill last Wednesday and boy let me tell you I can really feel the difference in this last fill. Eating my 3 meals and staying completely satisfied its a nice feeling....I hope it lasts. Well I am down 3 lbs this week and 4 more lbs until onederland....I cannot wait to be out of the 200's.

I have been busy taking care of my DH he got a staff infection and has been very sick.

I am happy to hear that everyone is doing well and Janet and everyone else thank you for all your support and advice. It really helps alot.

Rose

Yep a good fill being at your sweet spot is wonderful and is the reason we got the band - to help with our Portion Control - like my signature say eat healthy plus exercise plus the band = success

Did dh have surgery?? My GD had msra and my DS got it too it's very dangerous and contagious and painful - clean everything with bleach...

Rose as to where my DS lives - he & his family had some major issues last yr - they were victims of some major crimes and I don't want to say exactly where they live :)) Hope you understand - this site can be seen by the whole wide world - doesn't take much - if you google indiogirl this site will appear - so don't want to be evasive but need to protect my DS & Family :sad:)

I'm behind on reading...Janet,

I had a fill on Monday. I'm very very tight. I don't know if I should get some taken out. You mentioned once being so tight it was difficult to drink your coffee in the morning. Did you get a little unfilled? I can eat a little in the afternoon and early evening. Like maybe 600-700 calories. If I have coffee it opens things up a little. I'm trying to hold out because it always seems like 2 weeks later I open up. What do you think? I don't know if I can stick it out.

Denise

P.S. Also my stomach has a lot of gas despite eating almost nothing. Is that normal if you are not eating enough?

Denise -

You will know if you are too tight and it sounds like you just might be - I could only drink 1/2 cup of coffee in the morning and very very slowly - could barely sip Water - and just a few bites of food - I am not one who wants to only eat 1/4 cup of food per meal

I was fine when I left the office on 1/23/07 he put in 1.00 cc but after a couple of days being that tight I called and went back (he does fills on Wed so I had to wait a whole week but knew after a couple of days that I was just too tight) he took out .09 cc of that fill - so really all I ended up with was .01 cc which is just a tweak - I haven't had a fill since then - my doc says that I most likely will never need another fill.

Sometimes I think fills are more mental than physical - All we do is read about fills fills fills - and we think we need them all the time - we think we are eating too much - when all reality - some days we can eat more than others - but really that depends on the types of food we eat - I ate lunch fine yesterday - but pb'd on dinner (again reason is cuz I ate too fast cuz I was hungry).

Since you have been tight for a week now and feel that you are too tight - I would go and get some taken out.. It's not good for your stomach to be too tight and not being able to eat isn't good - your calories are low and you may drop 3-4 lbs this week - but you can not live on those low calories for the rest of your life - I varied my calories 800-1200 during my weight loss phase - and I still vary them today.

This is my unprofessional opition... :))

So are you saying that the whole meal is suppose to be no more than a cup of food? Protein, Vegies etc? I am doing alot better now that I am talking to all of you again. I think I really need to stay on here for support. I am going out of town tomorrow morning and it is going to be tuff so any helpful hints for traveling would be appreciated. Have a wonderful day! Had anyone heard from Mrs. Bubba?

Cheryl

Janet-

Thank you so much for the explanations!

more advice please...

so I am 24 hours after my first fill (4cc's) and I am dissapointed that I do not feel more restriction or satiation. I can drink my Water down quickly and I was really hungry last night and got up and made scrambled eggsat 10:00 p.m.- i figured they were Protein. But I am MUCh hungrier than I thought I would be. I am really trying to pay attention to what is emtional and physical hunger. I wonder how long I should wait before I call the Dr's and ask for more? I don't know how pushy I should be

by the way I am tracking my food on weight watchers and getting in my points...but I do feel deprived...so scared this is not going to work for me

Hi everyone , just checking in. Good news - I weighed today. Didn't lose anything, but after spending last week in Vegas, am very happy that i didn't gain anything either! Linda

So are you saying that the whole meal is suppose to be no more than a cup of food? Protein, Vegies etc? I am doing alot better now that I am talking to all of you again. I think I really need to stay on here for support. I am going out of town tomorrow morning and it is going to be tuff so any helpful hints for traveling would be appreciated. Have a wonderful day! Had anyone heard from Mrs. Bubba?

Cheryl

If you go back a page or so, Mrs Bubba posted yesterday but nothing since then.

And yes your total meal should be no more than a cup or so. And 80% of that should be Protein and protein eaten first, at least that is per my instructions. As for travelling, can you take some food with you? I know we shouldn't rely on Protein Bars but sometimes for travel they come in handy. don't forget your water!

Hi everyone , just checking in. Good news - I weighed today. Didn't lose anything, but after spending last week in Vegas, am very happy that i didn't gain anything either! Linda

Congrats on no gain! Not many people can come home from the land of the buffet and not gain! WOOHOO!!

I completely understand Janet about the issue about your son.

Yes I have been washing everything and bleaching everything and he had some surgery to clean out the infection. Is is very scary stuff. He is feeling alot better today and it looks like he his on the road to recovery.

Well I have a very busy day today taking care of my ill mother and hubby, cooking, grocery shopping and than doctos appointments for the DH.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl - Please forgive me - I know you posted while I was gone over easter - and I read everything really fast and didn't retain info to well - I forget when were you banded??

Yep 1 cup = 8 oz of food - I eat about cup to 1.25 for lunch - and dinner about 1.5 cups - I always have. I am not so tight that I can't eat. I eat off a dessert/sandwhich plate - I feel that I eat normal now - I eat normal portion sizes not go big portion sizes anymore.

I am not good at eating while traveling especially if fast food is my only thing to choose from - I ordered a cheese burger and just ate the patty - they do have salads in most airport - I do take a pt bars with me - and now a days restuarants do have healthier food options... .

Janet-

Thank you so much for the explanations!

more advice please...

so I am 24 hours after my first fill (4cc's) and I am dissapointed that I do not feel more restriction or satiation. I can drink my Water down quickly and I was really hungry last night and got up and made scrambled eggsat 10:00 p.m.- i figured they were Protein. But I am MUCh hungrier than I thought I would be. I am really trying to pay attention to what is emtional and physical hunger. I wonder how long I should wait before I call the Dr's and ask for more? I don't know how pushy I should be

by the way I am tracking my food on weight watchers and getting in my points...but I do feel deprived...so scared this is not going to work for me

Marty alot of pple dont feel their 1st fill - I felt mine right away but it only lasted a 2 weeks then I was calling for another fill.

Ok - this is just my opinion here - my band doesn't take away my hunger.. It does keep me full longer on a smaller portion of food - I said full - not satisfied (satation) our full is a diff full than being satisfied - you know that uncomfortable feeling pre-band when you ate too much - well that's your new full after eating just 4 oz of meat... and there is still food on your plate - and our thinking or should say training is to have a clean plate and we also think - omg i only ate 4 oz of meat and I am full and I can't eat the rest of my food - I want the rest of my food - ie I this is why I say it's more a mental game for us obese chicks than physical...

This isn't true 100% of the time - I ate lunch today 3 oz chick breast and 2 stuffed Pasta shells - I am full/satisfied but there is a cake in the lunch room - being full doesn't stop me from wanting that cake - and ya I could go in there and manage a few bites - but why... I don't need the extra calories - I had treats this past weekend and if I continue to eat sugar I will want more sugar so I don't do it daily - maybe every few weeks..

Marty - the band doesn't do the work for you - it's only a tool - 75% of the work is up to you and the band will do the other 25% once you get to your sweet spot (good restriction) It doesn't stop you from wanting food.

Here's a what I did in the beginning

BF- Weight Control oatmeal or Dannon Lite & Fit yogurt with a 1/4 banana (total bf calories 150-200)

Lunch - 1 cup of food - usually a one pot wonder (veggie - meat - onions - bell peppers - tomatoe sauce) (total lunch calories 200 -250)

Dinner - 4 oz baked catfish - 1/4-1/2 cup rice - 1/2 cup veggies - with I can't beleive its not butter spray on my rice and veggies (total dinner calories 250-300)

I am a night time eater so I save my Snacks for night

Healthy choice or WW fudgecicle 100 calories - 2 Jello sf choc pudding 120 calories - and maybe another yogurt (80 calories (total snack calories 200-400)

So if I ate low on my calories is was about 800 calories for the day and if I ate high it was 1150 for the day.. Like I said I varied my calories - some days I was hungerier than others - and since I can stand to be hungry during the day and let me tell you I am hungry during the day some days I can naw off my arm by the time lunch gets here - but I don't have food at my desk so I can't eat - but at home at night I know that I don't have the same control - so I feed my hunger within my calorie budget - it is what works for me..

You have to give yourself a calorie budget - and spend it how you like - you need to say no to your hunger at times - being a little hungry isn't going to kill you - it's not like you don't know where your next meal is going to come from - but being obese is going to kill you - being obese is going to stop you from living your life - it's controls what you can and cant' do - it makes you ashamed.

Also - I feel that for me my emotional hunger really does manifest itself into preceived physicall hunger - so be careful on that one - it takes a while to figure it out just like what your new full is.

Give your fill 2 weeks - then call the doc and ask for another appointment - your tool isn't going to work properly if it's not maintained - and fills are part of the maintenance process.

Your doc works for you - you don't work for them - Call and just tell them your tool isn't working properly and you need to come in for some maintenace :0)

Yea Linda - not gaining is just as good as loosing sometimes - especially on vacation. !!!!

Janet, just stopping by to say HI! I am gonna get a fill on Thursday.......I need something. Since that cortisone shot I want to graze all day. Fortunately, I haven't gained that 5lbs back. Oh, my grandbaby came home! He is doing great!

Cheryl...I have travelled quite a bit since being banded. I really plan ahead and pack some backup food. I take at least 2 Pure Protien bars per day...just in case I cannot get my protien in. I do not rely on these for meals but if a meal is skipped for some reason, at least I am getting my required Protein. I take 1 cup servings of Fiber One Cereal so I stay regular, I package up 2 oz servings of beef Jerky in snack bags to have on hand as a healthy snack. There's always oatmeal with dried fruit at Starbucks, like Janet said...a burger without the bun or a chix breast sand without the bun. Good luck

Howdy~

I FINALLY started losing again after that 2 week plateau! I knew it had to kick in sooner or later because I was on 800-900 cal. and exercising my butt off (literally). I had gone down to 277 and then went up to 280 (but refused to adjust my ticker.. but did keep accurate count on the realize band web site). Had finally gotten back to the 277 and the last couple days... a pound a day or so.

My 2nd fill is scheduled for Thursday a.m. (I moved it up from next Tues). The seroma I have has filled back up and I have a definite swelling over my port site that looks like a hernia or something when I have a tshirt on! I tried to lie and my stomach and it is too painful. Last fill they drained 120cc clear yellowish Fluid from it. Let's see what they get on Thurs. Anyone else ever have to have Fluid drained?

I bought a Polar F11 Heart Monitor for exercise. Does anyone else have one? I was bummed to find that the sports bras that are compatible only go up to an XL and the reviews said they run small. Good grief. I can use the band it came with ok... or might sew my own. Just curious if anyone had been using one for workouts. I am doing cardio/circuit training with a trainer 3 x a week. For 65 min I keep an average HR of 125! The lunges and squats are killing me... but a good kill.

peas out~ Laura

Janet, just stopping by to say HI! I am gonna get a fill on Thursday.......I need something. Since that cortisone shot I want to graze all day. Fortunately, I haven't gained that 5lbs back. Oh, my grandbaby came home! He is doing great!

Hey Charlene - Glad the GS is doing Great - that's so good to hear... I hear that those shots steriods do make you hungry let us know how the fill goes...

Cheryl...I have travelled quite a bit since being banded. I really plan ahead and pack some backup food. I take at least 2 Pure Protien bars per day...just in case I cannot get my protien in. I do not rely on these for meals but if a meal is skipped for some reason, at least I am getting my required Protein. I take 1 cup servings of Fiber One cereal so I stay regular, I package up 2 oz servings of beef Jerky in snack bags to have on hand as a healthy snack. There's always oatmeal with dried fruit at Starbucks, like Janet said...a burger without the bun or a chix breast sand without the bun. Good luck

Apples - see how originize you are - I have the pt bars but they are sweet - I like both sweet and savory/salty stuff but I should pack popcorn for my car trips and the jerky - remind me the next time I go on a trip.. My problem is I forget about my band - til it come time to eat - and really I can't say I get hungry while traveling cuz I'm doing something but I do want to munch in the car cuz I get bored

Hey gang

Just checking in. After my PB last night I had liquids for Breakfast and Soup for lunch. I was starving:drool: by 2:00 and chanced a south beach cereal bar. It went down ok-yeah!

Hope everyone has a good night.

Claudine - Glad to hear you are ok today - I usually don't have any problems after I've pb'd - infact it opens me up.. I pb'd on dinner last night cuz I ate too fast :0)

Howdy~

I FINALLY started losing again after that 2 week plateau! I knew it had to kick in sooner or later because I was on 800-900 cal. and exercising my butt off (literally). I had gone down to 277 and then went up to 280 (but refused to adjust my ticker.. but did keep accurate count on the realize band web site). Had finally gotten back to the 277 and the last couple days... a pound a day or so.

My 2nd fill is scheduled for Thursday a.m. (I moved it up from next Tues). The seroma I have has filled back up and I have a definite swelling over my port site that looks like a hernia or something when I have a tshirt on! I tried to lie and my stomach and it is too painful. Last fill they drained 120cc clear yellowish Fluid from it. Let's see what they get on Thurs. Anyone else ever have to have Fluid drained?

I bought a Polar F11 Heart Monitor for exercise. Does anyone else have one? I was bummed to find that the sports bras that are compatible only go up to an XL and the reviews said they run small. Good grief. I can use the band it came with ok... or might sew my own. Just curious if anyone had been using one for workouts. I am doing cardio/circuit training with a trainer 3 x a week. For 65 min I keep an average HR of 125! The lunges and squats are killing me... but a good kill.

peas out~ Laura

Laura - Hope this fill helps - nope I didn't have any problems with my port - so Im no help there sorry !!

Heart monitor - Nope don't have that either - I just use the hand one on the treadmil and besides that I take bp meds and it keeps my heart beat down - I can get it up to 105 today on the treadmil by having the incline on 10 and speed 3.5 and do get it up to 120 if I jog - but I don't do that too often..

Have your trainer show you sissy squats you want a talk about a killer - and face plant (?)- we did those last week on our leg day - my legs hurt up until yesterday :lol: good hurt cuz I know I worked the muscle but still pain :)

Well gang just checking in - I went to the gym and did 3 miles today - it's the 1st time I have been on the treadmill in 2 weeks !!!! I did walk a little on Saturday but not enough and climbed stairs at my DS house but really only had my 2 workouts with trainer last week.

So I am now back in my routine - which feels good - Monday & Wed - Trainer - Tues & Sat - Cardio...

Last night had to bag up GS Easter candy and told him to put it up in his room where I can't find it..

Since I am a sugar addict - I can't have the stuff looking at me cuz when the sun goes down so does my reslove... So out of site - out of mind - that's how I deal with my addiction :)