Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey janet I sure wish I was cruising with ya. Well tonight went out to dinner and had eggplant parmesean and a small helping of spaghetti. Now I know that is slider stuff but I was full the whole evening. I try various meats but right now my kitchen is torn up so have no way to cook food. Have eaten some healthy choice meals. chicken has been hard for me where it wasn't before. Roast- forget it- to stringy for me. Pork chops are great if I take pencil size bites. I think I am leaning toward sliders since my kitchen has been down and thats why I am not loosing as fast. Its either that or because I layed off of exercise for a while. Back at that though. Hope all you other girls are doing great.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Becky

With your kitchen torn up - I totally understand - I don't know how I would live - I don't like those processed meals too much - will have one every now and then I like real food - I buy the rotissie (sp) chickens and I do ok with them - and you are suppose to take (pencil eraser) tiny bite :rolleyes: band rule :0)

But I have to becareful of stringy meats -

Once you get that kitchen done - you will be able to get back to your regular diet and exercise..

Hi:

Yesterday I learned that I get banded on April 6th! I am so excited that I couldn't sleep last night - Just wanted to know how you are doing? Any words of encouragement and support for me? Could you mentor me through this time? I think I need some support from a fellow bander....:laugh:

Hello everyone ~ All is fairly well with me. Haven't posted in a couple of days. Have had some awful headaches after work. Been coming straight home and lying down. Coursework is really getting tense, seems like I don't have time to do anything except work and study. I'm really frustrated about the weight loss. Eating habits are completely out of whack. No exercise last two days. Sometimes I'm not hungry and other times I'm starving. Notice if I go out to eat lunch - even if I don't eat that much e.g. quiche/salad or Soup, I wont' be very hungry in the evening - so I end up drinking juice, but later I'll eat something I shouldn't like popcorn with real butter. Next week is going to be hectic also. Will be leaving Sat to visit Mom in NC. I'm flying down and back. I also believe my doc will be doing my first fill on the 11th. I've heard some things about flying and fills so I hope I won't have any problems. Anyway, not feeling in the best of spirits right now. It's a beautiful day outside today and I don't really want to go out there. I was planning on going to the library, but will see. What's wrong with me. I haven't a clue, just stressed out I think. Oh well, got to get moving; darn papers aren't going to write themselves.

just a quick question - how do you post your weight ticker?

Hello everyone ~ All is fairly well with me. Haven't posted in a couple of days. Have had some awful headaches after work. Been coming straight home and lying down. Coursework is really getting tense, seems like I don't have time to do anything except work and study. I'm really frustrated about the weight loss. Eating habits are completely out of whack. No exercise last two days. Sometimes I'm not hungry and other times I'm starving. Notice if I go out to eat lunch - even if I don't eat that much e.g. quiche/salad or Soup, I wont' be very hungry in the evening - so I end up drinking juice, but later I'll eat something I shouldn't like popcorn with real butter. Next week is going to be hectic also. Will be leaving Sat to visit Mom in NC. I'm flying down and back. I also believe my doc will be doing my first fill on the 11th. I've heard some things about flying and fills so I hope I won't have any problems. Anyway, not feeling in the best of spirits right now. It's a beautiful day outside today and I don't really want to go out there. I was planning on going to the library, but will see. What's wrong with me. I haven't a clue, just stressed out I think. Oh well, got to get moving; darn papers aren't going to write themselves.

You are probably experiencing a little thing called "bandster's hell". It is after surgery and before a fill. I really had a tough time with it. The best thing I found was plan your food and journal whatever you put in your mouth. You will make it! Have a good time visiting your Mom. I just came back from seeing mine across town. She is 85 and lives in a retirement home.

Take care!:laugh::thumbup::thumbup:

Sharons, I'm with ya on the bandsters hell thing. I was banded on January 13th and in 6 weeks I lost 30 pounds. I went for my 6 week check up and the doc said he didn't want to do a fill since I had lost so much already. It's been 2 weeks now and I have only lost 2 more pounds. I can eat about a cup to a cup and 1/2 per meal but I am really trying to watch the calories and keep it at 1000-1200 per day. I have ramped up my excercising and still nothing. I know I need to be religious about journaling (I haven't been). Any additional advice besides going in for a fill is welcome. I'm just frustrated after losing so quickly I guess I was hoping to keep it up. Thanks guys!

Hey gang (Saturday Night). I went and walked 3 mile today and then went to Sams and picked up a few things. I bought a rotissere chicken in there and man it was delicious. I went real slow and got some down. Now I am full. Hey Janet, you were looking for tops with longer sleeves. Chicos has a new t shirt in that is V neck and has longer short sleeves. I tried one on today and they are great. Anyway I can now wear a size 2 in Chicos tops. I also bought a cream straw purse in there today with beads on it. It will be so pretty for summer. Am glad i got walk in. Ill talk with you girls later.

Evening all, just checking in before I set my clock ahead and get some rest.. I've been working like a crazy person most of the day and am very tired and my back is aching terribly... Some tylenol and some sleep should make it better by moring.. I'm about all ready for my big meal at church tomorrow. Fried 102 sausages on my George Foreman grill this evening.. Worked well!! Anyway, I'm hoping it all goes well and everyone shows up so I don't have lots of leftovers to bring home again....

I'm really off my schedule today, but know I haven't overeaten.. I actually don't know if I've had enough.. I guess that's not such a bad thing.. It's easy to forget about food when you are very busy..

Take care all and have a great Sunday... Julie

Hi:

Yesterday I learned that I get banded on April 6th! I am so excited that I couldn't sleep last night - Just wanted to know how you are doing? Any words of encouragement and support for me? Could you mentor me through this time? I think I need some support from a fellow bander....:)

Welcome Chalia - Congrats on your date - Yep I remember well the day I got my date - I wanted to shout it from the roof tops..

No invitation needed to join our little group - everyone is welcome...

Sharon - Hugs girl friend - you are stressed too much to do - don't know where to start - I'm that way - Some days I just don't know what to do with myself - Before - I would just eat and veg period now I feel that I need to be doing something productive and not veg- I need to move - do something -

Not everyone gets tight flying - Apples does but I haven't - Hopefully you won't

Your eatting habits - well as you know your band doesn't make your food choices you do - Real butter - Why??? I use I can't believe its butter spray - or butter pam spray.. I need the taste of butter too - but I don't do the real stuff..

That kind of thing is all up to you and you just have to understand that - that butter is going to kill you - ya you are stressed but eating or should I say rewarding yourself with real butter isn't going to make you feel better - all it's going to do is start the vicouse cycle that we have all been on during all our years of dieting -

Remember this isn't a diet - its a new way of llife a healthy lifestyle - and real butter isn't healthy...

Question - Why are you putting so much pressure on yourself with this studying going to school - are you looking for another job - will it get you a pay raise in your current job - are you doing this for self improvment?

You aren't allowing anytime for you... This is why you are choosing the wrong foods - it's you - doing something for yourself - this is all our problem - We all do do do for other (work family etc) and eating is something we do for us...

This is where you have to find a balance in your life. You need to sit down with yourself and have a long talk... You need to find balance - you need to find time for you.. You need to get out of the house - you need to do more than work and study 24/7..

I understand the not wanting to get of of the house - you just don't have the energy to get dressed makeup hair all that stuff you have to do to go out. Cuz you do it all week long - you are tired - know what i do on those days (yesterday was one of those days for me) I find a project like cleaning my closet - cleaning my bed & bathroom - I go slow - take my time and just putter around the house - I don't sit in front of the t.v & eat..

Sharons, I'm with ya on the bandsters hell thing. I was banded on January 13th and in 6 weeks I lost 30 pounds. I went for my 6 week check up and the doc said he didn't want to do a fill since I had lost so much already. It's been 2 weeks now and I have only lost 2 more pounds. I can eat about a cup to a cup and 1/2 per meal but I am really trying to watch the calories and keep it at 1000-1200 per day. I have ramped up my excercising and still nothing. I know I need to be religious about journaling (I haven't been). Any additional advice besides going in for a fill is welcome. I'm just frustrated after losing so quickly I guess I was hoping to keep it up. Thanks guys!

Welcome Burgygirl

The average weight loss is 1 to 2 lbs a week so in 8 weeks you have done better than average ( 32 lbs /8 that 4 lbs a week)

We all think the lbs are just going to dissappear over night but it doesn't work that way - you have to have patience - this is a life time change in your eating - this is what you are going to do for the rest of your life - so just take it one day at a time - eat healthy - exercise and you will succeed

Hey gang (Saturday Night). I went and walked 3 mile today and then went to Sams and picked up a few things. I bought a rotissere chicken in there and man it was delicious. I went real slow and got some down. Now I am full. Hey Janet, you were looking for tops with longer sleeves. Chicos has a new t shirt in that is V neck and has longer short sleeves. I tried one on today and they are great. Anyway I can now wear a size 2 in Chicos tops. I also bought a cream straw purse in there today with beads on it. It will be so pretty for summer. Am glad i got walk in. Ill talk with you girls later.

Hey Becky - Yep I have 3 of those tops from Chico's - Congrats on your 2 at Chico's - I wear 2's (medium) tops from there but can't do their pants - a 0 is a 6 and that's their smallest size - hate it but love it at the same time cuz they have cute pants..

Glad you got your chicken down - yes slow and tiny bites..

Evening all, just checking in before I set my clock ahead and get some rest.. I've been working like a crazy person most of the day and am very tired and my back is aching terribly... Some tylenol and some sleep should make it better by moring.. I'm about all ready for my big meal at church tomorrow. Fried 102 sausages on my George Foreman grill this evening.. Worked well!! Anyway, I'm hoping it all goes well and everyone shows up so I don't have lots of leftovers to bring home again....

I'm really off my schedule today, but know I haven't overeaten.. I actually don't know if I've had enough.. I guess that's not such a bad thing.. It's easy to forget about food when you are very busy..

Take care all and have a great Sunday... Julie

Julie hope you have a good day today at your church and you don't have to bring the leftovers home give them away..

Yesterday woke up late 7:30 and fur babies had appointment with groomer at 9 so that didn't give me enought time to go exercise - (I have to have coffee in the morning to wake up and I don't do anything if I have to rush - I hate rushing) This is the balance I have in my life - this is my life and I do with it as I please

Dropped the dogs off at 9 - and the girl who normally grooms them either quit or got fired - normally it 3 hours at the groomer - well guess what yesterday was 6 !!! and the guy did a horrible job - I mean horrible - Angel looks awful - bear is a little uneven but not as bad as Angel - I was pissed... Ended up getting cost of Angel's bill (39) refunded..

Then I went to target got cleaning stuff - came home cleaned out my closet (yes I do that alot) put winter stuff away and re-orginized - do you know what - I have way too many jean capris - I wont need anymore this summer.

Changed my sheets - cleaned the bathroom and just puttered around the house..

Today - will finish up my wash - should Iron - again I really don't feel like going out - need to but don't feel like it right now.. Need some groceries and trash bags - so I guess evenutally I will get dressed and go out..

I don't put undo pressure on myself - I do as I please - that's the great part of being a grown up...

just a quick question - how do you post your weight ticker?

Here's the link for instructions to get a ticker

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

Janet, let me start off by saying that I love your posts and replys. They really inspire me and make me feel good about me and the decision that I made to change my life. I hope that someday I have your wisdom and strength. Thank you...your my inspiration through this journey.

I have had a very busy week, one more week until the big day for my daughter. Its all coming into place. I tried my outfit for the wedding on this week and its alittle baggy on me. I got a fill on Friday I was down 3lbs in 4 weeks. I was hoping for more but its better than gaining. I have beenworking out 5x a week and been eating right. So I was hoping for more. I do notice the inches more than the pounds.

Janet how often do you weigh yourself....I find myself doing it every morning and everynight. The scale always moves up about a pound or so in the evening.

When do you leave for your cruise?

Well I am off to go work out. Have a wonderful day.

Good Sunday everyone!!!! We had a great day for a baptism.. Baby Chloe was beautiful in her pretty while gown.. Couldn't even notice she was in the hosptial just a few short days ago.. She cried when they put the Water on her head... I served 45 for breakfast.. It was very nice.. I sent some leftovers home with a brother and with my niece and the rest is put away or in the freezer, so I'm good to go!!!! No big temptations laying around anywhere.... I'll call the day a success... I am tired, though... Trying to rest up a bit, but have to gather my thoughts as I have a meeting in a little while about "family" stuff... Trying to be ther mediator in an issue about our farm.... Had a long talk with my brother who lives in SD just a bit ago.. It's so hard to try to find a way to bring opposing sides together.. Why me, Lord???!!!! I'll do my best and that will be that!!!

I "treated" myself to a cornmeal muffin with butter and honey along with my Protein for breakfast.. Yes, Janet, I said real butter.. I don't share your opinion about butter... I think some of the "unreal" stuff is way worse for you than a little real butter once in awhile.. Granted, I realize having gobs everyday would be a big mistake, so I don't.... but if I want butter I eat it! I also feel this way about Aspartame and Splenda.. It's manufactured and has some scary things in it... I don't want it, so use as little as possible... If I want something sweet I eat that, too.. Just not very often.. I have discussed these opinions with my medical people and they have given me their vote of approval... This works for me, but may not be for anyone else.. I guess that is what makes us all different. But our goals are all the same and getting there and staying there is the most important thing.

I'm happy to say that I'm down another pound.. Don't know if it will stay gone, but will hope so.. I'm just plain too tired to exercise today, but will plan on water aerobics tomorrow.. We had a couple decent days this past week, but we are headed for a high of - 7 and a strong wind again on Tuesday.. Yippee....... I don't think spring will ever come again at this rate!!!! I have a yearning to go outside to walk, but just can't do the ice. I'm so afraid of falling and breaking something important...

Til next time................ Julie

Thanks for the advice. The looks like the increased excercise did the trick. I got on the scale today and am down 2 pounds:thumbup:I was so pumped I went for a 30 minute bike ride and am trying to do 2-3 bursts of really hard pedaling to get my heart rate up. I think I will do it again this evening as the weather today is gorgeous (80 degrees and a slight breeze). I'm going to try and drag the husband out with me.

Thanks for letting me in on this group. I have been following the advice for a few weeks. We all need someone to kick us in the butt sometimes!!

Have a nice Sunday and a great week.

Hello Ladies, Had my granddaughters (8,4,&3)all weekend. I'm wiped. Thought I would be taking them sliding, but it rained last night so it is a little slushy. But we managed to get in swim classes. a dental fair. Some shopping and at least 6 showers.(baths) Also hours and hours of the wii bowling. Their PaPa is going to get the joy of this next weekend. But they ate what I ate, and didn't suffer for it. I get so much info from you girls. Thankyou. I think listening to you all makes me work alittle harder. You know "If they can do it i can too) Thank you again. Bonnie

Good evening everyone....Had a nice weekend. Benefit for our DS's friend went well. I swear everyone within a 20 mile area showed up. Nice silent auction, loads of people at the supper, dance and party after. DH and did not get home till 4:30 this morning. We have not done that for years. All my DS's friends and classmates were at the after party (kegger) and was so nice to visit with them. I was the sober driver and didn't mind waiting while the rest had a great time. I think my DH thought he could keep up with those young people. He has a beer now but not a big drinker...he had a smile pasted on his face.

I ordered a G.Foreman grill with the five interchangeable grilling plates. Have not used it yet but thought it would be a good appliance to have for doing my Proteins and things in a pinch for DH and I. I had one years ago but did not like it cuz plates did not come out to wash them. Will give the grill a try tomorrow when I make chicken.

Decided that I am heading to Vegas in a couple of weeks. Was invited to go out for a 50th bday party for a friend (12 going) but turned the invite down because I had conflicting things scheduled. Well, those things are now off my schedule and off I go. Me and another friend are going to surprise bday girl. Not telling the others we are flying in. Should be a good time.

Have a busy week getting ready for another friend

s 50th which is Friday night. We are expecting over 150 people and myself and another friend are taking care of all the provisions, decorations, etc. I am making the cakes and about half of the other food for party.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Later.