Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Let's make a pact then, to not let other's comments get to us anymore.

I just got home from my 9 mos check up, they were very praiseful on my progress, said I was doing everything right. We discussed whether or not to give me a fill. I was down 27 lbs from 3 mos ago when I was there last. I am eating more it seems and get hungry more. So they decided a tweak at .25cc and see how that goes. She felt since I had lost so much that the band was looser. I mentioned my reflux episode and the popcorn and she felt it was an isolated instance and that I had overdone it (I had). If it seems too much or reflux continues, I will go for an unfill. Best part of all, there was no charge, for all my volunteer work they gave it to me for free.

Hope your fill helps turn things around for you, Long. I know you have been frustrated with the scale not moving. Also, keeping fingers crossed that you don't have any more episodes with reflux. The only time I came close an icky tummy was when I ate some popcorn that was butter flavored. I am so used to the 100 cal packs now that the other just tastes off. Good luck on this last fill!:thumbup:

Hope your fill helps turn things around for you, Long. I know you have been frustrated with the scale not moving. Also, keeping fingers crossed that you don't have any more episodes with reflux. The only time I came close an icky tummy was when I ate some popcorn that was butter flavored. I am so used to the 100 cal packs now that the other just tastes off. Good luck on this last fill!:thumbup:

I am already optimistic that I am going to be down in the morning. At the dr. office, they, of course, weighed me. I was surprised at the number being as low as it was as I was in jeans, belt, etc. So maybe it was going to move on it's own fill or no fill.

Just got home from my fill day dinner. A bean and cheese cup at Del Taco, it's 89 cents and I ate less than half. Hubby called me a cheap date. That's always our fill day dinner since I am on mushies.

Hi everyone, Apples, please do not worry yourself about what other people think! When I lost my 100 lbs. before (long time ago), people, including my own mother and sister told me I looked anorexic. I did not and was not, I was 5'4" tall and weighed 120. I think partly beause of the attitudes I encountered was some of the reason I stopped exercising and watching what I was eating and gained that 100 plus more back. Never again! As for those of us here, I am newly banded and I can say that I would not nor would I ever have thought you were bragging -- your problem is just another problem that can be encountered by someone with a lapband. We are all here to learn together -- whether or not we have the same problems, it's good to know what other people encounter so we are all the better educated. I do hope you are able to keep your weight somewhat steady and not lose more. I would hate to have to get up at 3:00 a.m. to eat! I do wish you luck and will keep you in my prayers. Long, you are such an inspiration -- congrats on your 9 months and your onederland, I know you've worked hard to get where you're at. I had a good day, did my bicycling, Water aerobics and circuit training and am tired, but happy. Have a good night everyone!

Linda

Good Morning! We had a great weekend with lots to do and had some friends of ours from our lake resort here overnight. Took our friends to a surprise 50th bday party for another resort friend. Yesterday was COLD and windy so just hung out at home. Don't mind days like that at the beginning of winter but this is getting OLD! Felt like a prisoner in my own home yesterday. We talked of going out to do something but what do you do on a cold and windy day? Really looking forward to spring. Only five weeks until we can get back up to our resort. You just don't know how much I look forward to that.

You were asking what I baked this weekend. I made homemade caramel rolls, banana bars with cream cheese frosting (All made with splenda) and can not tell the difference. I don't eat too many sweets but I did treat myself to a bar. Also made seafood lasagna (scallops, shrimp and homemade alfredo sauce). Served steel cut oatmeal with diced apples, plumped gold raisins and chopped dates with the rolls for Breakfast. As you know, baking and cooking is a PASSION with me. I am able to leave it all alone and make good healthy choices though. I have been able to revamp my recipes with less fat, etc. for the guys I cook for. DH and DS are a "normal" BMI and want to keep them healthy.

. I weighed 121# when I went to the doc. He wans't concerned and said I looked like a "skinny healthy". I am a little over 5"6' and I feel that 121# is too low of a weight for me. It's been a struggle and I don't post much about it cuz don't want people who are trying to lose think that it is "bragging". I am an extremely active person (even when I was heavy I was constantly on the move). Doc wants me to continue with the amount of exercise I do but think I need to bump up my calories even more. So, now I am doing at least 2500 cals.

This is how I feel about all of this: My doc and I set a goal of 132#. It took me two month to lose the last 2# to hit goal. Hit this plateau and could not break it. Celebrated when I hit goal, bumped my cals up to about 1800 but continued to lose. Bumped cals up to 2000, 2300 and now at 2500, I am maintaining my weight of 121#. I am worried constantly about dropping ANY more pounds. Funny how life is. Who would have guessed? I feel very healthy and all my blood work is very, very good.

I guess the worst part for me is how friends and aquaitences view my extra weight loss. DH and DS and doc all think I look great. But I get the "too skinny" comments from people. People that are just casual aquaitences. It pisses (sorry) me off!!!! I should be celebrating not worried about it all.

So, I do know that eventually I will gain some back and then it will be difficult to cut back but I can do it. What is so difficult is that it takes a lot of planning to eat every couple of hours and still get my fluids in. This has been a typical day for me for the last three months or so:

Breakfast at 6am: 2 egg omelette with ham and cheese or 3/4 cup steel cut oatmeal with fruit, brown sugar and milk.

9am: 1 cup Fiber One Cereal (I like it dry), or Pure Protien bar or 2 Fiber One bars.

12pm: 4oz fish, chicken, beef or seafood and some veggies or yams.

3pm: Greek yogart with 2TBLS jam, 3 oz beef Jerky

6pm: Same as lunch

9pm: popcorn or greek yogart with jam or beef jerky

3am: I actually get up and eat another cup of Fiber One Cereal or heat up some oatmeal.

This is what I have been struggling with and afraid to share with the rest of you. But all of you are so understanding...don't know why I felt I couldn't talk to you about all of this. At least I know I have my head straight. No body image issues. I seemed to fit right into my new body once I got to goal (and a little less). I was lucky to come away from this with not a lot of loose skin....nothing abnormal for a 53yr old woman. I feel REALLY good about myself but also feel that this extra weight loss and my worrying about what people think has been a cloud hanging over my head. I guess I just need to "buck up", put my head up high and be proud of how much work I have done with weight loss and the struggles after with maintenence.

We all have different struggles but are all shooting for the same goal...to reclaim our health. Isn't that what it's all about?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!

Great news, Janet!!!!!!! Happy to hear you got those 3#'s off. Surprising how a couple extra pounds can make a person feel.

I love the new "skimmers". They hit just below the knee cap (a little longer and bermudas). I found some on Amazon.com for $7 each b/4 we left on vacation. I was lucky and found capris on Amazon also....got good deals on 3/4 length t's also. Have a few wedding this summer so have been shopping for deals. Found a Kenneth Cole dress, a Jones NY "little black dress" and a beautiful floral skirt and aqua crocheted sweater for really good prices. I should be set. My fav store (besides the Amazon deals) is TJ MAXX. A little more organized and neater than Marshalls. But, the closest Marshalls we have is 4 hours away so have never given the store much of a chance. TJ is 2 hours away and love to get there when I can. Love their decorating items. I think most of my house is TJ Maxx when it comes to that type of thing. Great bedding and towels also. I love a good bargin.

We hit a Columbia Outlet when we were traveling to see son in Atlanta. I have a difficult time finding slacks that are long enough. (I have a 34-35" inseam). Found Columbia, low rise slacks in five colors and they were even in talls. Something that never goes out of style and love the quality of Columbia.

will have to force myself because of the cold. Want to get a silent auction gift basket together for a benefit we have this weekend. Any ideas, girls????? $50 is about what I will spend and I am not coming up with ideas. DS's 27 yr old friend has lukemia and putting on a benefit for Sat night. Will be a nice one with two different bands, dinner, karoke, etc.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and are back in the routine and having a good day. Love you guys!

Apples – Yep the too skinny comments – if they didn’t know you before - if you were a complete stranger – would they say too skinny – I doubt it… I am far from being to skinny – but I get pple saying “I hope you aren’t going to lose anymore weight”

And my trainer was happy to hear that I wasn’t trying to lose anymore weight – he thought that was a very healthy comment..

Even after I got to my 1st goal 160 – I strove for 150 and really 145 (wanted a normall bmi) after that I just kept eating healthy and exercising – I'm at my happy weight – the one that your body is happy with – a weight that you don’t struggle to keep.

The only suggestions I could or would add to your daily diet – is maybe some more starches with your meals (little rice or tatoes) or for your Snacks add some some nuts or a small piece of ALL THE GREAT food YOU MAKE – I want to come to your house (but not in the winter ;o) - drink fruit juices for your fluids

Do you wake up naturally or do you set an alarm at 3 a.m. – I am a total night time eater – so that 3 a.m. isn’t to strange for me for me it’s 1 or 2 a.m.- - I eat some nuts or drink some oj at that hour – use to be eat a bowl of cereal or a taco – cheese bread etc

NEVER FEEL THAT YOU HAVE TO KEEP QUIET ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS !!!! It’s yours !! you own it – it is something to be very proud of!!! I am a firm believer (as you have all found out by now) of tooting your own horn- it you don't who will... This is a big deal and you have every right to be proud...

I feel that others when reading about your success (every one of ours) it is inspiriting – it helps motivate others when they have lost their way or are struggling… Especially for us of that certain age group – heck if us old broad’s can do it – there is no excuse for the younger ones – we have had the bad habits a lot longer than the younger ones

Yes, I love anything below 140 – That’s my happy weight !!! And as I said before we have to keep mindful of those 3 lbs – that they don’t turn into 10 – 20 – etc.. That’s my goal – never to let 3 turn to 5 or 10 NEVER…

I will have to ck out amazon – I like skimmer to hit me below the knee – I have ugly knees – so it they hit you at your knee cap – for someone short like me it will be below..

We have a TJ Maxx and Ross – I haven’t hit Ross yet – Marshalls is around the corner for me – I am loving the deals – it doesn’t hurt the pocket book too much..

Basket idea’s Soup Mixes with diff kind of cracker & Soup mugs – Or Diff Coffees or Teas with some biscottee and mugs – Or Wine – Cheese Crackers and glasses - or Margarita mixes - bottle of tequila and some hot nuts and glasses. Just think of something you would like…

Just checking in. Had a good weekend. DH has a hurt shoulder. His Doc app. is today at noon hopefully will find out what is wrong.

Janet, I was wondering where you clothes shop at. Can't wait 'til i can dress up and look good.

Today being march 2. I plan on working out 5 days a week and so that is 22 days for march exercise 1/22. Hope this time I got it right.

Best wishes to all. Holly

Banded 1/29/09

[/img]

Holly – I was a Macy’s JC Pennys Shopper – I love Ann Taylor Loft – Chico’s – Limited – Black & White – and just have started shopping at Marshalls since it just open around the corner from me.. I dress on the classic side – not to trendy – I hat 50+ women who try and dress like teenagers – I don’t dress like an old lady – I dress my age. Cute but with taste.. So Many more stores have opened up for me with the weight loss – before just 4 store Lane Bryant – Avenue – Macy – Pennys now I can walk into any store and shop – and I still am intimidated by walking into some – I think they look at me and say what’s this fat chick thing she’s doing in here – but I know that they can’t see the old me - and it feels so damn good to walk into those stores…

Yep you got the exercise right – WTG -!!!

Good morning. Well today is my 9 mos post op appt. I can't beleive it's been 9 mos already. The time has gone fast, yet it seems that this has been my way of life for some time. I always weigh a little more on the dr scale of course. GRRRR

Janet, I was tracking until about a week ago. Nothing has changed in that I mean my calories haven't gone sky high or anything. I generally average about 900 calories a day and have one higher count day and a lower count one so it averages out.

Apples, could it be that your body likes where it is at? As long as your dr says you are fine, I wouldn't worry so much about it. And the heck with what other's are thinking. Easier said than done as I am one that has spent 49 yrs of my life worrying about what other's are thinking. This past year it has finally started getting easier. Still would love to see a photo!! I shop Marshalls because it's closer, TJMaxx is so far way, even Marshall's is a bit away and I dont' go there often. I found a good Good Will that I like. Good luck on figuring out your maintainance. When I get there, I know just who to go to for advice between you and Janet, you are great role models.

Long happy 9 month anniversary !!! look at how well you have done – look at how far you have come – look at how much stronger you are…

Afternoon Ladies ~ just checking in. Doing ok, b= SB cafe mocha (I'm addicted), some kind of raisn, bran and nuts cereal; L=cottage cheese with blueberries; d=turkey/vegetables/rice. You guys seem so well balanced in terms of your eating habits. I yo-yo like crazy. Lately I find myself getting hungry late at night between 10pm - 12am. Worst time, because food choices are usually bad at that time of evening. Snow here in MD. Went out and shoveled walks, driveway - man is my back sore now and my thighs are sore too - geez, what isn't sore Home today, so I guess I'll do something constructive - like start writing 1 of the 2 papers I have do in the next week. Sometimes I get really sick of studying. I am so looking forward to Spring - I'm starting to get cabin fever. Don't think I'll exercise today (shoveling was enough), but I'll be back on the treadmill tomorrow. Well that's it for now - Have a great day everyone.

Sharon- yep shoveling snow is considered exercise !!!! – SB Mocha (south beach Protein Drink???) You are doing great on your meals – now just plan for that snack attack between 10-12 …. That’s how I handle it – That when I eat the sf puddings – popcorn – ww fudgebar – and oh ya Dannon Lite & Fit has a new yogurt – Pinapple Coconut – WONDERFUL.. Put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes or so – it’s like eating ice cream..

Hey gang – I stared this before I went to the gym then finished when I got home – I know I wanted to say more – but I need to get this posted before you all think I have disappeared…

I did leg presses 395 lbs !!!!! Pretty damn good for an old broad who 1 year ago could maybe do 50 lbs !!!

Ok going to post so you know I am around – and see who posted since I started this 2 hrs ago…

Edited by IndioGirl55

Hi everyone, Apples, please do not worry yourself about what other people think! When I lost my 100 lbs. before (long time ago), people, including my own mother and sister told me I looked anorexic. I did not and was not, I was 5'4" tall and weighed 120. I think partly beause of the attitudes I encountered was some of the reason I stopped exercising and watching what I was eating and gained that 100 plus more back. Never again! As for those of us here, I am newly banded and I can say that I would not nor would I ever have thought you were bragging -- your problem is just another problem that can be encountered by someone with a lapband. We are all here to learn together -- whether or not we have the same problems, it's good to know what other people encounter so we are all the better educated. I do hope you are able to keep your weight somewhat steady and not lose more. I would hate to have to get up at 3:00 a.m. to eat! I do wish you luck and will keep you in my prayers. Long, you are such an inspiration -- congrats on your 9 months and your onederland, I know you've worked hard to get where you're at. I had a good day, did my bicycling, Water aerobics and circuit training and am tired, but happy. Have a good night everyone!

Linda

AWWW....thanks LJV....I feel better already just from the comments you guys have made plus a good talk with DH today about how I was feeling. Like I said this morning...my head is just going to go a little higher in the air and I'll just keep on truckin'!

I don't make a point of getting up to eat at 3am. My bladder does that for me! May as well eat as long as I'm up.

Thanks for the kind words and advice, Janet. BTW...forgot to add in my list of foods that I do eat brown rice, yams, potatoes and I test my goodies that I back also. I am getting some starches...at least two a day. I snack on low fat wheat thins and eat at least 1/4 cut almonds or walnuts a day also...but thanks for the great advice.

I am feeling so much better...I thought something was really wrong with me and I looked terrible since everyone was making the negative "skinny" comments. I think you are right, Janet...if they never knew me fat...they wouldn't even comment. And, what gives people the right? Didn't their mother teach them it was wrong to make comments about people's weight? Where were they to tell me I was too fat when my A$$ was 249#'s? I'm all done with it....I feel so much better.

I usually wake up to pee at 3am and take advantage of the awake time to fit a couple hundred cals in. I don't think I have ever in my lifetime gotten out of bed to eat but until I gain a few pounds back I'm gonna.

Thanks for the basket idea, Janet.

I hit my first Ross store while in Ocala, FL during our vacation. Had never been in one and liked it just as well at TJ...In fact, I think they had better deals on the name brand things. Found adorable 7 for all mankind jeans with rhinestones on the butt pockets.

Just want to thank everyone for listening when I came unglued today...I feel back to normal (whatever that it) and am ready to take on the world and leave people in my tracks when I hear something negative. I feel good...I look good and I am going to Celebrate my health every day from here on out.

Good Morning Gang...

Apples - When pple say stuff - just think in your head - jump in a lake stupid - you are just jealous cuz I'm healthy and you aren't - what do you know...

What you said about pple talking about weight - I have a few men (insureds and company pple) - who don't say anything about the weight loss - The are being polite - but again - I sorta wish they would acknowledged it - I guess it's a two edge sword - Or maybe they are like my GS who has never once said a word - He loves me for me - fat or skinny..

Well not much to report - dinner was eggplant lasagna - it was delicious - but even with the low fat mozzarella - it was a little greasy - not that I minded it taste wise- but calorie wise :)

CBL:wink:

Just want to thank everyone for listening when I came unglued today...I feel back to normal (whatever that it) and am ready to take on the world and leave people in my tracks when I hear something negative. I feel good...I look good and I am going to Celebrate my health every day from here on out.

AMEN, Sister!!

And, this is a place where you can safely vent, express you frustrations, etc., and well as your triumphs without being judged!

We're here for each other!

Glad you are in better spirits Apples, Vent away!!

As for a basket idea, since spring is coming how about a gardening basket with some garden tools, gloves and some seeds??

so far my tweak fill I got yesterday is doing good. I was worried about being too tight but so far so good. I definitely can tell though. Had some chicken for lunch and was full much faster.

As for a basket idea, since spring is coming how about a gardening basket with some garden tools, gloves and some seeds??

so far my tweak fill I got yesterday is doing good. I was worried about being too tight but so far so good. I definitely can tell though. Had some chicken for lunch and was full much faster.

Long

Glad to hear that you are happy w/your fill - that's good

Maybe it will help jump start that plateau ....

I think that's why my doc makes you go back to the post op diet after a fill...

AMEN, Sister!!

And, this is a place where you can safely vent, express you frustrations, etc., and well as your triumphs without being judged!

We're here for each other!

Phyll...aren't you just the sweetest thing????? Thanks for being there for all of us.

OK you guys...I was really in need of some positive reinforcements yesterday and, boy, DID I EVER GET IT FROM YOU!!! Just a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Hey Long....happy that you feel your fill did it's thing. Now I want you to be happy that your scale is moving. Also, thanks for the basket suggestions. I think I will just take the three suggestions and make three smaller baskets. This kid that has luekemia is pretty special to us and DH and I talked about it last night and going to throw in a couple of extra baskets. He has been a friend of my DS since grade school...has two babies of his own and a wife that is frantic about his health (as we all are).

Cold and windy day here again. Making a big pot of chili and cleaning some closets (my obssesion). You can tell it's pretty boring around here when I got all excited about going to town and buying three new shoes racks and cannot wait to get them assembled!

Hi all,

I'm not having a great day today.. My little one is crabby and out of sorts and I have to say I feel the same way.. She is sleeping now and I hope she takes a good long nap. I had a little one in my recliner. Have been taking it easy today after a very busy day yesterday. BUT......I've been looking for something to eat every few minutes.. And of course making all the wrong choices.. I hate it when this happens.. I think the scale got me off on the wrong foot today.. I was sure it would be down today and instead it was up a half a pound.. Now I know that isn't a tragedy, especially when I weigh every morning, but it just hit me wrong today..........Like why am I trying so hard when nothing is moving.. so off I go to get food that is bad for me..... Dumb, huh??? I've stopped now and am just drinking but I've consumed all of my calories for the day again, and it's just 2:00..... I wish I wasn't such an emotional girl... I think I'm just overtired and very stressed from all the caring for others I do, which leaves me no time to take care of myelf. I haven't been able to go to my Water aerobics for a week now and that isn't good.. I absolutely hate walking on my treadmill, but will try to do that tonight. Don't know if I'll make it to swim tomorrow either.. It's M-W-F, 30 miles away.... This is my fault, as I'm so accustomed to being sedentary that exercise is still not something that pops into my head automatically.. That's why I'm looking forward to spring, when I can take my little girl walking to the park and that sort of thing.. Can't walk on the treadmill with her here because she might get hurt... I do have a walking tape, and tried that once when she was here, but I laughed so hard watching her try to do it that I didn't get much out of it... Sounds like a bunch of lame excuses doesn't it??? I think it is..... But that doesn't change anything.. So, I guess I should leave my pity party behind and get moving.. I could be on my treadmill now while Laromi is sleeping, BUT I'M NOT!!! Maybe I'll go try............. cross your fingers, please... Could stand some good motivation.. Usually all I need is to see the scale drop and I'm good to go....

Sorry, for the down mood.... thanks for listening.. Julie

Hi all,

I'm not having a great day today.. My little one is crabby and out of sorts and I have to say I feel the same way.. She is sleeping now and I hope she takes a good long nap. I had a little one in my recliner. Have been taking it easy today after a very busy day yesterday. BUT......I've been looking for something to eat every few minutes.. And of course making all the wrong choices.. I hate it when this happens.. I think the scale got me off on the wrong foot today.. I was sure it would be down today and instead it was up a half a pound.. Now I know that isn't a tragedy, especially when I weigh every morning, but it just hit me wrong today..........Like why am I trying so hard when nothing is moving.. so off I go to get food that is bad for me..... Dumb, huh??? I've stopped now and am just drinking but I've consumed all of my calories for the day again, and it's just 2:00..... I wish I wasn't such an emotional girl... I think I'm just overtired and very stressed from all the caring for others I do, which leaves me no time to take care of myelf. I haven't been able to go to my Water aerobics for a week now and that isn't good.. I absolutely hate walking on my treadmill, but will try to do that tonight. Don't know if I'll make it to swim tomorrow either.. It's M-W-F, 30 miles away.... This is my fault, as I'm so accustomed to being sedentary that exercise is still not something that pops into my head automatically.. That's why I'm looking forward to spring, when I can take my little girl walking to the park and that sort of thing.. Can't walk on the treadmill with her here because she might get hurt... I do have a walking tape, and tried that once when she was here, but I laughed so hard watching her try to do it that I didn't get much out of it... Sounds like a bunch of lame excuses doesn't it??? I think it is..... But that doesn't change anything.. So, I guess I should leave my pity party behind and get moving.. I could be on my treadmill now while Laromi is sleeping, BUT I'M NOT!!! Maybe I'll go try............. cross your fingers, please... Could stand some good motivation.. Usually all I need is to see the scale drop and I'm good to go....

Sorry, for the down mood.... thanks for listening.. Julie

Julie........hurry go get on the treadmill....I HEAR JANET COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!