Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi Janet,

To answer some of your questions -- I did a combo walk/hill on the treadmill at 2.5 MPH for 50-minutes, plus a 5-minute cool down. Could I go faster? Yes and No. I have very short legs and between 2.5 and 3.0 MPH is what's comfortable for me. I'm a very long-term exerciser -- been exercising regularly for most of my life -- so I know my limitations. I had knee surgery last year so I have to be careful. I do push it, but on a stationary bike or a cross -trainer -- non-weight bearing. I used to be a competitive swimmer.

Your advice to "plan, plan, plan," rings true and I need to learn how to do that. I really need to learn everything from scratch. I can certainly log my food on Daily Plate and I'll do that starting tomorrow. I'll also buy some of the snack foods you mentioned. What does "SF," stand for?

Okay -- so my goal for this week is to plan my meals ahead of time and to keep a record of what I eat.

Thank you again so much for helping me here. You're a lifesaver. I admire your discipline. I only hope I can be half as disciplined as you.

bonnie

Hi Janet,

A large part of my problem is that I don't work outside of the house and therefore, I tend to sleep late. I am not a morning person! Of course, when my kids were younger, I had to get up early to get them on their way, but I don't have to do that anymore, so I can sleep 'till I want. And I do. And it's not good. In any case, this morning, I had my tea at around 10:30am, then I did my exercise from 10:30-11:30am or so, and then I first ate "breakfast," (yogurt, fruit, nuts), around noon or a little thereafter. So, I really only eat two meals a day -- but I get famished at around 4pm -- and that's when my cravings for junk are the worst. I don't eat any starch except for an occasional white or sweet potato and I'm okay with that. Sweets are my downfall. I'm really hungry as I write. I had turkey and veggies for dinner at 7pm and it's now almost 11pm and I'm starving. I'll stay away from the food, however. But I am hungry. I think I'm filled enough -- I have 7.1 ccs in a 10 cc band. I can't eat chicken for the most part -- I throw it up. Some foods make me feel full quite fast and others not so much. I'm terrible at counting calories -- I'm a disorganized artist type and details are my nemesis. I'm amazed at how you know caloric values and all that. I'm totally dumb when it comes to that kind of stuff. I need to get a new printer (mine just broke), so that I can print off all of your suggestions for snack foods, etc. I've got to get to the point where food becomes fuel and being healthy becomes my #1 priority. Having not lost very much in a year is making me depressed.

Thanks for being here for me. You can't imagine how much I appreciate it.

bonnie

Hi Janet,

To answer some of your questions -- I did a combo walk/hill on the treadmill at 2.5 MPH for 50-minutes, plus a 5-minute cool down. Could I go faster? Yes and No. I have very short legs and between 2.5 and 3.0 MPH is what's comfortable for me. I'm a very long-term exerciser -- been exercising regularly for most of my life -- so I know my limitations. I had knee surgery last year so I have to be careful. I do push it, but on a stationary bike or a cross -trainer -- non-weight bearing. I used to be a competitive swimmer.

Your advice to "plan, plan, plan," rings true and I need to learn how to do that. I really need to learn everything from scratch. I can certainly log my food on Daily Plate and I'll do that starting tomorrow. I'll also buy some of the snack foods you mentioned. What does "SF," stand for?

Okay -- so my goal for this week is to plan my meals ahead of time and to keep a record of what I eat.

Thank you again so much for helping me here. You're a lifesaver. I admire your discipline. I only hope I can be half as disciplined as you.

bonnie

Bonnie

It's ok not to be a morning person - it's all about what works for you... But you need more than 2 meals a day - that's why you are starving at 4 - Make that your lunch time - as I said before make your eating times around your schedule - it doesn't have to be 8am 12pm 5 pm

You need to stay away from slider foods and eat hard Proteins - You need to make sure you are taking small bites - chewing and eating slowly when eating hard Proteins - This is the hardest part for all of us.. When we are starving we tend to eat fast and not chew - we scarf down the food like it's not going to be there in an hour - We aren't in a 3rd world country where we have to worry about where our next meal is coming from..

I am far from being an organized person nor am I a super detailed person but from all my years of doing whatever type of diet - reading about health etc - I could be a dietitian - I just never practiced what I knew. It took me having major frickin surgery to get my head on straight - going to the extreme of having surgery was my AH HA MOMENT... That and age - I really truly did this so that I could add a few more years to my life - as you know when you hit 50 your whole perspective about the year you have left and the quality of your life changes.. Well for me it has - I want to be around to see my grandkids grow up and maybe see some great grandkids... I wanted to be able to travel - walk and not be exhausted - I had to do something - cuz prior to being banded all I did was sleep & eat my weekends away..

If you are hungry at 11 p.m - have a healthy snack - it's ok as long as you are within your calorie budget for the day...

I am a night eater - So I take my calories for the day and work them to feed me when I am hungry - This whole thing about eating before 7 or not after 8 is b.s. IMHO - You gotta make this lifestyle change work for you - so if you are up half the night and sleep til noon - the make your eating fit that schedule plain and simple - That's the great part about being an adult you get to make your own set of rules.

I like my sweets too - but again - you gotta feed them with the sf stuff - and I have found that for me it's just as good as the real stuff in fact the real stuff is my heroin - once I start I want more and more.. But with the sf stuff it doesn't drive me to want more and more..

Remember Hope is not an option !!!! I will accomplish my goals!!!!

SF = sugar free :party:

I am glad to hear you are an exercise person - I wasn't prior to banding - I was a total slug bug... Yes you have to know your limitation and work with them - I totally agree - movement of any kind is better than none at all...

All of this - logging - planning - measuring - weight your foods are all just a learning tool - you don't have to do it forever but just until you get the hang of what's really normal

I have pple (people) telling me all the time I eat like a bird - I don't. I eat normal healthy portion sized - look on the back of a container of whatever you are eating - it's usually a 1/2 c - I eat 1/2 c rice - 1/2 veggies & 4 oz of Protein - that's normal - our world is now a days all about super sizing - well that's how we all got to be super sized.. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out :blink:

-------------------------------------------------------

Bonnie

It's ok not to be a morning person - it's all about what works for you... But you need more than 2 meals a day - that's why you are starving at 4 - Make that your lunch time - as I said before make your eating times around your schedule - it doesn't have to be 8am 12pm 5 pm

You need to stay away from slider foods and eat hard Proteins - You need to make sure you are taking small bites - chewing and eating slowly when eating hard Proteins - This is the hardest part for all of us.. When we are starving we tend to eat fast and not chew - we scarf down the food like it's not going to be there in an hour - We aren't in a 3rd world country where we have to worry about where our next meal is coming from..

I am far from being an organized person nor am I a super detailed person but from all my years of doing whatever type of diet - reading about health etc - I could be a dietitian - I just never practiced what I knew. It took me having major frickin surgery to get my head on straight - going to the extreme of having surgery was my AH HA MOMENT... That and age - I really truly did this so that I could add a few more years to my life - as you know when you hit 50 your whole perspective about the year you have left and the quality of your life changes.. Well for me it has - I want to be around to see my grandkids grow up and maybe see some great grandkids... I wanted to be able to travel - walk and not be exhausted - I had to do something - cuz prior to being banded all I did was sleep & eat my weekends away..

If you are hungry at 11 p.m - have a healthy snack - it's ok as long as you are within your calorie budget for the day...

I am a night eater - So I take my calories for the day and work them to feed me when I am hungry - This whole thing about eating before 7 or not after 8 is b.s. IMHO - You gotta make this lifestyle change work for you - so if you are up half the night and sleep til noon - the make your eating fit that schedule plain and simple - That's the great part about being an adult you get to make your own set of rules.

I like my sweets too - but again - you gotta feed them with the sf stuff - and I have found that for me it's just as good as the real stuff in fact the real stuff is my heroin - once I start I want more and more.. But with the sf stuff it doesn't drive me to want more and more..

Remember Hope is not an option !!!! I will accomplish my goals!!!!

SF = sugar free :)

I am glad to hear you are an exercise person - I wasn't prior to banding - I was a total slug bug... Yes you have to know your limitation and work with them - I totally agree - movement of any kind is better than none at all...

All of this - logging - planning - measuring - weight your foods are all just a learning tool - you don't have to do it forever but just until you get the hang of what's really normal

I have pple (people) telling me all the time I eat like a bird - I don't. I eat normal healthy portion sized - look on the back of a container of whatever you are eating - it's usually a 1/2 c - I eat 1/2 c rice - 1/2 veggies & 4 oz of Protein - that's normal - our world is now a days all about super sizing - well that's how we all got to be super sized.. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Janet,

I got myself out of bed at 8am today -- specifically so I could exercise early, before having to go over to my mother's and take her to a 10am appointment. Before leaving the house, I had a real Breakfast -- oatmeal with flax, a handful of blueberries, 8 raw almonds. I was out and about and stopped off at a cafe for lunch. I had a Cob salad and only ate about half of it -- I ate the avocado and the egg and a few pieces of the chicken as well as some of the lettuce. I should have ordered it with an oil-based Salad Dressing instead of the one it came with. By the time I got home at 5pm, I was starving. I had a bowl of a turkey Soup (turkey and veggies), that I had made a while ago. I was still hungry after eating the Soup and I was craving something sweet. I blew it -- even though I swore to myself that I wouldn't blow it today -- and I ate 4 Cookies (my neighbor dropped off fresh baked Cookies last night). I am going to get myself to the supermarket tomorrow and get the snack foods you suggested -- hopefully that will do the trick.

Unlike you, once I had the lap band surgery, I didn't feel as though I had a new lease on life. I did for the post-op period, but I quickly learned to eat around the band and that was my downfall. Now, I need to learn how to stay on a healthy eating plan and to avoid sugars and sweets. I think I have a self-destructive side whereby I look at fruit and I think "Ick," and right away I want something that's bad for me. I'ts weird. I mean, it's as if I want to kill myself with food or something. You'd think that once we know certain foods are bad for us, we'd stay away from them. I don't do drugs and I certainly don't drink to excess -- so what's with the eating to excess all about? I know that certain foods are as addictive as drugs -- but still. I wish I could just be good to myself.

I did as I said and I entered all my food onto Daily Plate. Once I added in my exercise, it told me I had 84 calories left for the day. I find that unbelievable, what with the cookies and all -- I've entered my daily calories at 1,200. I figure I'll weigh myself on Sunday and see how I'm doing and adjust from there.

Again Janet, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to be my mentor. You've already made a difference in my life.

bonnie

Unlike you, once I had the lap band surgery, I didn't feel as though I had a new lease on life. I did for the post-op period, but I quickly learned to eat around the band and that was my downfall. Now, I need to learn how to stay on a healthy eating plan and to avoid sugars and sweets. I think I have a self-destructive side whereby I look at fruit and I think "Ick," and right away I want something that's bad for me. I'ts weird. I mean, it's as if I want to kill myself with food or something. You'd think that once we know certain foods are bad for us, we'd stay away from them. I don't do drugs and I certainly don't drink to excess -- so what's with the eating to excess all about? I know that certain foods are as addictive as drugs -- but still. I wish I could just be good to myself.

Bonnie,

I can write these exact words about me. I know what to do, it's just getting myself to do it. I know I don't post on here like I should to get the full benefit of this group, but I do read all the posts here on this thread and find it very inspiring and love to read how everyone is doing. It's just so hard because I am hungry all the time and can't afford to go for a fill right now, that's even if my doc will do one, I am still up 15# since everything that happened in October. I need to just face the facts and get my butt in gear.

Gail

Hi Gail,

I just signed on to this group and have not read the old posts -- so I don't know what you're up against. What happened in October?

Can you possibly put a fill on a credit card and pay it off or something?

Even though I'm filled to a good amount, I think, I'm still hungry a lot of the time. It sucks. food is such a fickle friend, you know?

I just started keeping track of my calories on Daily Plate. Do you want to join me in this journey -- we can be buddies!

Bonnie,

I can write these exact words about me. I know what to do, it's just getting myself to do it. I know I don't post on here like I should to get the full benefit of this group, but I do read all the posts here on this thread and find it very inspiring and love to read how everyone is doing. It's just so hard because I am hungry all the time and can't afford to go for a fill right now, that's even if my doc will do one, I am still up 15# since everything that happened in October. I need to just face the facts and get my butt in gear.

Gail

Hi Janet,

I got myself out of bed at 8am today -- specifically so I could exercise early, before having to go over to my mother's and take her to a 10am appointment. Before leaving the house, I had a real Breakfast -- oatmeal with flax, a handful of blueberries, 8 raw almonds. I was out and about and stopped off at a cafe for lunch. I had a Cob salad and only ate about half of it -- I ate the avocado and the egg and a few pieces of the chicken as well as some of the lettuce. I should have ordered it with an oil-based Salad Dressing instead of the one it came with. By the time I got home at 5pm, I was starving. I had a bowl of a turkey Soup (turkey and veggies), that I had made a while ago. I was still hungry after eating the Soup and I was craving something sweet. I blew it -- even though I swore to myself that I wouldn't blow it today -- and I ate 4 Cookies (my neighbor dropped off fresh baked Cookies last night). I am going to get myself to the supermarket tomorrow and get the snack foods you suggested -- hopefully that will do the trick.

I did as I said and I entered all my food onto Daily Plate. Once I added in my exercise, it told me I had 84 calories left for the day. I find that unbelievable, what with the cookies and all -- I've entered my daily calories at 1,200. I figure I'll weigh myself on Sunday and see how I'm doing and adjust from there.

Again Janet, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to be my mentor. You've already made a difference in my life.

bonnie

Bonnie

1st and foremost be proud of what you did for the 1st part of the day - ok so you screwed up and ate those cookies - well we can't change that - so all we can do is move forward

Darling I mean this in the kindest way - I am not trying to be mean here - but you are a FOOD ADDICT (we all are so don't feel like the lone ranger here or that I am picking at you) Food is our drug of choice - especially sugar - So from now on think of sugar as a drug - it in its self isn't evil - every thing in moderation it's not that sugar or whatever is bad for you it's that we over indulge in it - we don't just have one - we have to eat it till its all gone

So if you can't control it you gotta stay away from it.... It's your drug of choice...

If someone delivers cookies - do what I do - tell your family to put them up where you don't know where they are so you can't get to them or after the person leaves throw them away... Or fib a little and say that you are pre-diabitic and can no longer eat sugar... That you really appreciate the thought but you just can't have this kind of stuff in the house anymore..

I know that this seems extreme - but our addiction is extreme - and we have to find ways to avoid our triggers at all cost until we can get a handle on it - if we ever really do - you will see my story below* about this

Obesity was listed as one of the causes of death for my baby bro who died on 10/13 and was only 50 yrs old.. He had pneiuomoa (sp) but his heart was SUPER enlarged due to his weight 285.. That's what killed him... COPD - Enlarged Heart - Obesity - only 50 yrs old...

*I had to make more Xmas cookie on Sunday as my GS whos 17 and thin was crying that I sent all of them home with his Dad and there wasn't any for him and his cousin - So I made them some - and guess what happen - the old Janet reappeared and I ate 5 of them- one right after another - I just couldn't get enough sugar into me - I wanted more - OMW did I want more - I wanted to eat the whole damn plate.. But I didn't - I told GS they are going in your room - out of my sight

It really scared me - the way I was craving the sugar - my heroin... And I am no diff - if you give me a choice between a cookie or candy bar vs an orange or peach - Ya I would rather eat the candy/cookie - but I know that those are empty calorie and they will leave me wanting more.

I am not saying that you can never have sugar again - what I am saying is that it's ok to have treats 2% of the time as long as you have eaten healthy 98% of the time..

Heck we have to live life - we go to weddings parties etc - where there all kinds of good food to enjoy. It's not that one piece of cake that made us fat - its was the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pieces that we ate that did it to us...

So yes go to the store tomorrow - find the sf treat that I told you about and use them as your treat - enjoy them..

You are headed in the right direction - you are making good choices - but just like a child who is first learning how to walk they take a couple of tumbles before they get it down pat - so you had a little stumble today - that's it - now just get up and keep moving forward....

On the calorie thingie - I would suggest that you don't log your exercise into it - cuz when you do that it's going to give you more calories to eat - I never deducted the calories that I burned from the food I ate during my weight lost phase - think of the calories tht you burn from exercise as a savings account and on your weigh in day (pick one day a week that's your weigh in day) you will be rewarded by the scales moving in the downward direction...

I'm here for you - I am no diff than you really - we are really more alike than we are different...

Bonnie,

Gail

Gail you have been on my mind - how are things going for you GF :wink2:- (Bonnie since you are new to this thread - Gail had a miscarriage & then shortly after that her father died - I hope I am remembering this correctly)

You have had tough time - so don't beat yourself up about what you haven't done - Now just do what you need to do - take care of you... and not with food :)

A new year is starting - so make that comittment to take care of you and get back on our little band wagon here - you know we are here for you...

Hugs to all of you - it's 8:30 - I haven't eaten yet and I need to finish cooking my dinner - well really re-warming it up - fish - broc - rice.

Oh ya Bonnie - I ate those cookies remember - but you know what I have done since then - I have eaten a little liter yesterday and today - I went to the gym yesterday got in a 1/2 mile before my weight training session w/my trainer and tonite went and walked my 3 miles on the treadmill tomorrow night weights again with trainer - I am off Thurs & Friday - so will be at the gym one of those days - plus my regular Saturday morning workout...

It you gonna eat you gotta pay the piper:tongue2:

So tomorrow - walk on your treadmill an extra 20 minutes to help compensate for eating those cookies... That's another way to keep the scales moving in the right direction - if you have over indulged with food - then you have to over indugled with your exercise to make up for those cookies:laugh:

Ok gang - I am outta here for the night - I will talk to you all in the morning.... Sweet Dreams :)

Janet

Edited by IndioGirl55

Happy New Year everyone!

Speaking of goals (isn't it that time of year)!?! Last night I got together with a small group of banders from our monthly hospital support meeting. We made a group goal to meet once a week. Each week will have a different venue - in addition to the monthly support meeting we're going to exercise together one week, eat out together one week, and bring a specific topic of common interest one week. We all seem energized for it so I'm hopeful it will keep me on track.

As the year ends I just want to express my gratitude to Janet and all of you for your wonderful on-line friendship and support.

Kathy

Happy New Year everyone!

Speaking of goals (isn't it that time of year)!?! Last night I got together with a small group of banders from our monthly hospital support meeting. We made a group goal to meet once a week. Each week will have a different venue - in addition to the monthly support meeting we're going to exercise together one week, eat out together one week, and bring a specific topic of common interest one week. We all seem energized for it so I'm hopeful it will keep me on track.

As the year ends I just want to express my gratitude to Janet and all of you for your wonderful on-line friendship and support.

Kathy

Kathy you are too sweet - I just like to spout off at the mouth that's all... Really I want everyone one to be successful - this isn't a race - but it is about major change and it's not always easy - Some of us are going to struggle more than other - What we need is support and that's what LBT and this thread is about.

I want you all to know that you help me just as much as I help you... You all keep me honest - I am not one to tell you to do as I say and not as I do - If I am going to advise you to do something - that means I have done it or am doing it..

Kathy - I am glad you are going to have some strong weekly support - I think that's great...

Anyone have any great plans for tonite - I know that Apples is going to a party but what about the rest of you...

Me - Gym after work - oh great new.. this morning the scales were back to 138 ((Monday 141) just proof that eating healthy and increase in exercise will take off those extra lbs that got on during the holidays with our over indulgence !!!!

After gym my GF is coming over - we are going out to dinner then whatever hits our fancy - but most likely go back to my house and watch a movie - We don't have reservations anywhere - and clubs - bars are too packed for me - but will see - we have a local dive that we may go too... GF doesn't drink - so she will be the DD if we do decide to go out.

Ok I gotta get my butt in gear... It's our ye and I gotta make sure all my Dec accounts are billed and that all my 1/1 renewals are bound (I work insurance - commercial lines - businesses - country clubs - contractors etc)..

CBL :wink2:

Gail had a miscarriage & then shortly after that her father died - I hope I am remembering this correctly)

Janet, it was my mom (my best friend) that passed away. I miss her terribly, but I know she would want me to succeed with this. I am going to focus on 5% at a time and go from there. I also joined Sparkpeople where I track my food and fitness and I belong to a thread that is doing weekly workshops and this week it's on Goal setting and how to make plans to acheive our short term or long term goals. I really thing this is going to help. I will also be here more too, like I said, I have been reading daily, just not posting.

Thanks,

Gail

Hi Gail,

I just signed on to this group and have not read the old posts -- so I don't know what you're up against. What happened in October?

Can you possibly put a fill on a credit card and pay it off or something?

Even though I'm filled to a good amount, I think, I'm still hungry a lot of the time. It sucks. food is such a fickle friend, you know?

I just started keeping track of my calories on Daily Plate. Do you want to join me in this journey -- we can be buddies!

I don't have credit cards, that is why I need to wait for income tax. Would love to be your buddy, I need all the help and support I can get, that is why I joined this thread, all the girls here are great. I used to use daily plate, but do everything on Sparkpeople.com now. They have a bunch of different support groups that focus on so many different things.

Gail

Gail,

You and I have MUCH in common. I too lost a parent (my father), and then I had two miscarriages soon after -- one at 10 weeks and one at 15 weeks. Even though all of this happened to me a long time ago, I can still remember everything about it -- the feelings of quiet desperation, the sadness, the regret, the wondering what I did wrong, in terms of the miscarriages.

I can't make it any better for you and I can't take away the pain, but I can tell you that time does heal. I don't remember whether or not I was using food to medicate myself at the time (I probably was -- I can't remember a time when I wasn't -- but being overweight wasn't an issue for me back then). I will tell you that I have no recollection of anything I ate during that period of my life, but I do remember the feelings I felt. Hence, if this helps you to get back on track with your food, just remember that what you put into your body right now will soon be forgotten -- but the feelings won't. Hence, deal with the feelings and forget about the food (easy to say, I know)!

I would love to be your partner in weight loss success. I'll log onto Sparkpeople and get started there. Can you tell me which group you joined? (I read you joined a Goals group of some kind and I'll join the same group -- so you and I are true teammates.) In the meantime, just put one foot in front of the other and keep walking. After a time, you won't have to think about it and it's then that you'll know you're starting to heal.

I'm very sorry for your losses.

bonnie

I don't have credit cards, that is why I need to wait for income tax. Would love to be your buddy, I need all the help and support I can get, that is why I joined this thread, all the girls here are great. I used to use daily plate, but do everything on Sparkpeople.com now. They have a bunch of different support groups that focus on so many different things.

Gail

I have plans for tonight and I'm glad they're extremely local -- as in right next door! We got whammed with about 8-inches of snow today and it was pretty much white out conditions all day. I'm one of those weird people who loves snow and I can't describe how beautiful it was all day today. I made a fire in the wood stove and cozied in. I did drive to the supermarket this morning and driving was really bad and that was before the heavy stuff started to come down. My next door neighbor is having a New Year's Eve party and it's a pot luck. I made a big pot of chili to bring over -- just low-fat ground turkey, lots of hot peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, low-fat cheese. This is what I plan on eating tonight and I hope I can stay away from the Desserts that I know will be there.

I went out walking with my daughter and my dog at the height of the storm and it was magical outside. I really do just love winter!

Janet -- you were SO RIGHT about the SF pudding things. I bought a pack when I went to the supermarket and I had one this afternoon (60 calories). It was delicious and I couldn't tell the difference between that and a regular choc. pudding. I also bought Skinny Cow choc. pops -- I couldn't find the brand you had recommended. Different parts of the country tend to stock different things.

I'm finding just writing here to be SO motivating. Already I can feel something shifting inside me. I'm afraid to say it because I know how easily it is to backslide. So, forget I said it!

Janet, I hope you have a lovely New Years eve -- no matter what you end up doing. I hope everyone on this list has a great time and a great 2009.

As for me, I only want to see some weight loss success in 2009. And of course, good health and happiness to all.

bonnie

8_6_11v.gif Have a Wonderful and Happy New Year. May the Lord bless you and yours in this coming year of 2009.

Pj

Last night went out to dinner with hubby, SIL, and her GD. ( Mexican, my fav ) I plan on staying away from the Mexican food for awhile. I went for my 5th fill this past Tues. Dr said I probably have 2 more fills to go before I'm at my Happy Zone. I plan on from this day forward keeping a food diary, and exercising everyday.

Janet...thanks again for your support.

Hope I can meet you in Feb. if you come here.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZCxdm492YYUS

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Hope everyone is feeling well this morning!! :Yawn::thumbup: No partying here. DH & I went out to Red Lobster for dinner. I was going to cook lobster or crab but it was so expensive we went out for the same price. We came home and worked on taking down Christmas decorations. We usually take them down on New Year's day but he is going goose hunting today. I just love putting the stuff up and just hate taking it down. Guess I don't want to admit that the holidays are over. It's my favorite time of year and a lot of years I would get really down afterwards, though that's not the case this year. We also played some cards and watched the ball drop at 10pm on Fox News and pretended it was our midnight and not just the east coast's and went to bed.

I did some reflecting as my resolution has been to lose 100 lbs for many many years. I ended 2008 90 lbs thinner. Much happier and healthier. For 2009 I want to continue on to my goal which is 40 lbs more give or take 10 either way, not exactly sure. That sounds way less overwhelming than 100+!!! I am hoping I can reach goal by my bday in May or surgery anniversary date in June. But if I don't that's okay too, I know I will be this time next year.

LORI, you have had an awesome weight loss in 2008. I know you will reach all your goals. YOU GO GIRL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! ......MAY YOU ALL HAVE A PROSPEROUS 2009!