Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steph's PS Journey - Breast Reduction/Lift, Medial Thigh Lift and Full Abdominoplasty

Wow Steph! Your recovery is going remarkably well. I can't believe you are going to work on Monday. You sound like Frangi. Possibly you both may be from another planet!

It is wonderful that things are working out as you'd planned. Continue to rest as much as you can and enjoy the little bit more time you have around the house.

You made some excellent points for those who go next. I'd also add that I found a shower bench to be a great extra to have post-op. I already had a nice little teak number, but I think you can rent a plastic model for a few dollars.

Amen on the sexual activity. Seems like they wouldn't need to even put that in the pamphlet, but there probably is somebody out there (who is on drugs for sure) and would think it sounded like a good idea. Ouch, especially if you've had your thighs done!

Continued good healing, Becky

Steph: You're sounding like an old pro! Hope you get your drains out soon. That will make you feel instantly better. The sex thing is funny! Did you have muscle repair on your stomach? I can't imagine how painful to have the thighs and muscle repair at the same time. Glad you're doing well! Every day will get better!

Thanks Karey!

I did have the muscle repair plus a hernia repair. I'm pretty sure that 3 of the 4 drains will come out tomorrow morning. Those things are much more than a pain to deal with - there is actual pain. The way that they twist and pull when you move just kills. :Angel_anim:

I am still very swollen. At this point I don't even look smaller, except for my chest. :smile2:

Impatiently waiting for the results...

Stephanie: I'm even more impressed. You had a lot of surgery, girl! It is really hard to be patient. I know! You will love it. I'm sure!

Hi steph,

congrats on the step to beautify your body the swelling will go down,the drains maybe nerve wracking but they really do help with swelling speaking as a nurse and i also had them with one of my c sectons.i live in oklahoma but i was wondering do you mind telling how much you paid i am trying to get an average cost as i paid cash for my lapband. i know i will have to pay for any skin removal also. i can't wait for pictures they give the rest of us hope. Your picture of your face is beautiful so now you probably have a body to match. i can't wait to know what that feels like since i tried on a friend's clothes the other day and was a little ashamed for her to see my stomach( i was wearing hipster panties.kind of felt bad.

needing info on prices.

Thanks so much for posting the pic of all the skin and solids they took from you. I'm on the pre-surgery liquid diet and the photos killed my appetite for the first time in 10 days!:biggrin2:

In all seriousness thank you for sharing this with us - very helpful if we are planning PS at a later date. Can hardly wait to see the before and after pics!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been extremely busy...

Friday morning 3 of my 4 drains were removed. YAY! (I still have one but it should be gone by Wednesday)

We had some friends come in from out of town and we all went to the Texas Rangers vs. Philadelphia Phillies game Friday night.

Saturday we got up early and went to Six Flags. I rented a scooter and rode around all day. (no rides :P)

Sunday I went shopping with my DH for essentials and got home 5 hours later.

Today I went back to work. I feel really great. The only bad part is that around 2 p.m. each day it's like someone pulled a rip cord on me. I blow up like a Macy's Thanksgiving balloon.

I must be patient about the swelling (keep repeating) :lol:

For those that inquired about the cost....I paid $12,650 (including surgery center)

I have lost 14 pounds since last Friday (10 of which was the actual removal). I weigh approximately 10 pounds more in the evening than the morning. My boobs are the best! My doctor told me on Friday that I don't have to sleep in my bra and really don't have to wear them again ever, unless I want to.

All is well. Thanks for the concern. I have pictures to post but I want to wait until I don't look like I'm wearing "meat" panties. I just look hacked up. :lol:

No bra ever? Doesn't gravity still work against you even with perky new breasts? I'd sure hate for them to be laying on your knees after 10 years.... Did you mean no bra ever at night?

I mean that he said that I don't need to wear a bra at night and that I don't have to wear them at all if I don't want to in the future. I am not allowed to wear underwire bras for a least 6 weeks.

I did not get implants. I had a lift and reduction. I have done my time with DD breasts. I just wanted normal C's.

It's nearly unimagineable to me but these are the perky high school girl boobs I never had...

Steph, so glad you are doing so well.

The price of your procedures seems very reasonable. I am about 2 hours east of Dallas. I was going to have my surgery in Tyler (about an hour from me) but the cost is much higher. You seem very pleased with your result. Who is your doctor? Does your doctor/surgery Center have a website? Seems worth checking into!!

So glad you are doing so well. You have been very busy. I can't wait to get this done!!!!

Steph, I was happy to see your post and even happier to see how well you are doing. The swelling continues to be my main complaint as well. This too shall pass. Becky