Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steph's PS Journey - Breast Reduction/Lift, Medial Thigh Lift and Full Abdominoplasty

I haven't posted in forever. :cursing:

I visited with Dr. Fred Duffy (referred to me by my band surgeon) on Thursday. Even though I thought that my breasts were large and heavy, Dr. Duffy put my DD's in perspective... In the world of big breasts, mine aren't that big.

Sooooo....

Insurance will not pay for my lift/reduction. That's okay though.

I have over the past 12 months scrimped, saved and liquidated some assets to set aside money for my body transformation. I am happy to say that my surgeries will come in $4,000 under budget! :thumbup: :thumbup:

So I have the estimate, I have the money and now I just need to schedule my surgery date. I am shooting for the second week of June.

I feel that this is the end of one phase of my life (the fat phase) and I am opening a new chapter. I can't wait to read my future...

thats awsome steph,i hope that all goes well for you,i have a friend who had her breast reduced as they where causeing her pain and her bra's always dug into her[evan being fitted properly]anyway,she's very happy and im sure you will be as well.goodluck

Hi Steph,

Good luck and let us know once you have your date set. I'm having surgery the second week in June also (Friday the 13th :rolleyes2: -- no wonder the date was available).

I'm having a full TT along with breast lift with augmentation, and some GYN surgery that I've been needing for a while. Having the plastic surgery was a good motivator for me to get the GYN surgery scheduled, because that sort of thing is never any fun.

Are you having everything done at once? If so, will your surgeon be working alone, or will he have someone assisting?

Everything will be done at once. I am going to try to coordinate with my band surgeon for a low profile port at the same time.

I have before pictures. I will post them when I have the after pictures. I can't stand the thought of anyone seeing what I am hiding under my clothes. YIKES!!!:sad: Once it's gone, I won't care anymore. :eek:

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment with Dr. Duffy. I am nervous, excited, anxious, etc. etc.

My biggest fear is that I will wake up and still look fat. :thumbs_up:

I may have to find a therapist to work with me on body image. I know that I look different than what I see in the mirror. I just don't feel different...

Steph: Good luck with your pre-op appointment! It does take a while to get use to the new body. It's all good, but it does take an adjustment. I had no problem getting use to the flat stomach, that was exciting and easy. However, the new breasts were more of a challenge. They looked good, they just didn't seem a part of my body. There was a bit of a disconnect. After most of the healing took place and I began the massage techniques that my ps recommended, then they started feeling more like they were a part of me. Now, I love them. I guess I'm trying to say, don't be surprised if you do feel a little different towards your body. There is nothing right or wrong about these feelings. They are what they are. Just notice them and let them be. I'm leaving town tonight and won't be back until the 25th. I'll be thinking of you on the 20th. Good luck, I wish you the best!

Congratulations Steph! And so soon.... lucky you! Remember though, you will be swollen post surg so don't be disapoointed if you're not perfect right off the bat.... you soon will be :rolleyes2:

I've been saving my $$ too so I can have my TT and breast lift at the one year mark. How ownderful to have that extra $4000 for fun on the new you :)

The date is closing in...

I am scheduled to be at the surgery center at 8:45 a.m. on Friday. My procedure should start at 10:45 a.m. The time estimate is 3-5 hours.

I am terrified. This is a surprise. I can't believe how scared I am about this. I have to get a grip. I have even thought of backing out. :cursing:

I am afraid of failure, pain, disfigurement, success, etc. I can't even pinpoint the root cause of my fear. I am over-analyzing this for sure.

I will try to post after I get home from the surgery but who knows...

Stephanie: Breathe! It will be alright, I promise! I was so scared too. I was shaking on the way to the hospital and my husband told me that I didn't have to go through with it. When I got there my blood pressure was 150/70 and it's usually about 110/60. It's normal to be scared. If you weren't scared, now that would be abnormal! I'm here to tell you that people wake up from surgery. If they didn't it would not be good for business! LOL! Remember how you felt before getting the lapband? You're going to be so happy that you did this! I'm sure you'll cope with the discomfort. I wish you the best! You're going to love your new body!