Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steph's PS Journey - Breast Reduction/Lift, Medial Thigh Lift and Full Abdominoplasty

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been extremely busy...

Friday morning 3 of my 4 drains were removed. YAY! (I still have one but it should be gone by Wednesday)

We had some friends come in from out of town and we all went to the Texas Rangers vs. Philadelphia Phillies game Friday night.

Saturday we got up early and went to Six Flags. I rented a scooter and rode around all day. (no rides :sad:)

Sunday I went shopping with my DH for essentials and got home 5 hours later.

Today I went back to work. I feel really great. The only bad part is that around 2 p.m. each day it's like someone pulled a rip cord on me. I blow up like a Macy's Thanksgiving balloon.

I must be patient about the swelling (keep repeating) :lol:

For those that inquired about the cost....I paid $12,650 (including surgery center)

I have lost 14 pounds since last Friday (10 of which was the actual removal). I weigh approximately 10 pounds more in the evening than the morning.

All is well. Thanks for the concern. I have pictures to post but I want to wait until I don't look like I'm wearing "meat" panties. I just look hacked up. :lol:

Steph! So glad to hear from you and to know that you're doing so well!!!

I agree with you and Becky, "swell hell" is the worst part of this whole thing. I still have my drain in and even though it annoys me to no end to be still wearing my XL clothing, I'm not in any huge hurry to get the drain out until the time is right because the swelling is bad enough now.

My boobs are the best! My doctor told me on Friday that I don't have to sleep in my bra and really don't have to wear them again ever, unless I want to.
Oh man. I am so jealous. Mine are waving to my toes.

Steph and Foofy LOL :lol::lol::lol:!

I had my breasts done too and it's so true that newly lifted breasts take on a whole new life of their own!!!! Plastic surgery can make the breasts perkier than they have ever been (or even could be) -- I can totally understand why your Dr. told you that you might never need to wear a bra again!

Foofy, :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: -- your breasts simply can't be as bad as mine were. As you can see from my before photos, my breasts looked like a couple of empty shoe bags :smile2:. So glad that's history now!!!

Steph

Great news about the drains and no more bra at night. Wow you have been busy for someone who recently had so much surgery but I suppose staying around the house so much was driving you nuts. I sure do hope the swelling goes down soon and your feeling 100% better.

Thanks for sharing all that you have with us.

Amanda

The last drain was removed today!!! :thumbup::lol::thumbup:

The nurse told me that I am a poster child for plastic surgery. She said that she can't let me talk to other patients because my results have been so much bettter than the usual reality.

I have no numbness, loss of nipple sensation or pain from the breast reduction. I have been sleeping in my bed since Friday and last night I slept on my side all night. That was awesome! :ohmy:

The swelling is not picture perfect. It is sheer hell by the time I get home each day.

Today I decided to be brave and post the before and afters of my boobs. much of my reduction was actually under my arms. :lol: (remember to click on the image to enlarge)

Work has been fine this week. Tonight I folded some laundry. My stamina seems okay compared to the experience of others.

I got cleared to swim in my pool this weekend (no public pools or lakes). Plus they gave me some samples of Mederma with 30 spf.

I have another follow-up appointment with the doctor next week.

post-211407-13813137256361_thumb.gif

Edited by bosteph

wow wtg looks great i forgot to ask ya did insurance pay for some pf it>how much was it all togther?if not?

A minor setback...

I have a "superficial separation of my abdominal incision". This means that it drains - not oozing, but seriously dripping. I, like Frangi, am sporting the ultra fashionable maxi-pad bandage. :wink: I have to admit that this works far better than any other type of real bandage.

Dr. Duffy did say that I should encourage the draining with warm compresses. His philosophy is "better out than in" when it comes to the Fluid.

Unfortunately, my doc thought it looked a little red too so I am now on antibiotics. They did a culture "just in case".

The one other piece of advice that I would give anyone having a Tummy Tuck is this...

Don't throw the granny panties away too fast. You will need them as disposable underwear while all of this gross stuff is going on. If it doesn't happen to you then you can have a ceremony for them later but I would wait... Pretty, new panties are just going to get ruined. :blink:

The good news is that I still feel pretty good considering. :wink2:

HI...I just read your thread and I am amazed at how well you are doing...thanks for sharing...I hope this set back today is just a hiccup for you and no big deal...

You do not have a ticker...so how much weight did you loose from banding? I'm sure many pounds judging from the skin pics..ugh...

I know what you mean about your new boobs...I think mine were here before I was! As I loose weight, I wonder where they will end up???

Take Care, Shelley

I lost 85 pounds from banding, 10 from PS, and 8 since the PS - so officially over 100 lbs since December 2006.

I was approximately 30 lbs from my goal when I had the PS. I had been "stuck" with my weight loss for months. My band doctor actually recommended that I go ahead and proceed with the PS. Even he conceded that the remaining weight on my body might not go anywhere without PS.

So now I am only 12 pounds from goal. I was a size 22/24 when banded and unfortunately I have no idea what size I will be since I am still very swollen. I am hoping for a size 8.

I slept fitfully all night. I am obsessing over the draining. :(

Hi Steph, I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles. Hang in there. I'm sure it will clear up in no time. You are looking great.

I'm hoping for a size eight too. I can finally get back in my pre-op 10s and I'm down several pounds since surgery, so when the swellling finally goes away completely, surely I'll be an eight.

Hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

Single digit sizes? What a victory that is! I haven't been there since 5th grade. Hang in there. It will be worth it!!!

Hi StephCongrats so much on all you have achieved.... I loved the skin pictures. I had an arm lift some time ago under sedation and remember during the operation asking the surgeon to show me the bits he'd removed. Which he did!

How are the thighs now? I'm thinking of having a TL in the autumn. Although I only needed to lose 50lbs, I have a lot of loose skin on my thighs as they were always very heavy and stretchmarked. My PS has recommended a semi vertical thigh lift - vertical but going down only half way to the knee. He thinks I would not be happy with the result of the less visible lift given the amount of excess skin I have width-wise (as opposed to length-wise). Did you have the vertical one or the one with groin incision? How long would you say before the pain of the TL became manageable?

Hope all is going well for you and thanks again for sharing your experience.

Ellen