Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Betrayal is a BITCH

Well, I'm sad to report that the biopsy results confirmed that I have breast cancer. That's right...I'm only 37 years old and I have breast cancer :( I will have a lumpectomy next Friday to remove the cancer. It doesn't look like I will have to have any chemo because I caught it REALLY early but I will have to undergo 6 - 8 weeks of radiation. If everyone could keep me in their prayers, I would appreciate it. Thanks and love to you all.

I am so sorry to hear this! You will be in my prayers! Thankfully you and the doctors caught it early!!

Tina...prayers for a full recovery. Thank God you found your lump when you did. Wishing you the best during your treatment and recovery. Hugs

Hey Tina...it's been a while since I posted and I apologize but I am thankful that you are still updating as you are still inspirational to me. I am keeping you in my prayers as far as your physical health goes, and I am sorry but thankful to hear that you saw a negative pattern rising in your relationship. You may not remember me but long long ago I was contemplating divorce myself. I filed in December and am waiting for February 7th to have my final hearing so I can be as excited as you were about being FREE. Can't wait to read your next update, and I hope your boys are doing great. Much love, hugs, and prayers to you sweetie...

~LaMonica

Well, here I am...many months later and I apologize for not keeping everyone up to date. My life has been VERY hectic. As you may recall, I was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 7, 2010. I had a lumpectomy on December 17, 2010 and in February I started my 33 treatments of radiation therapy. I basically lived in the doctors office and my vocabulary has completely changed. I have been doing well, finally getting my energy back from the radiation and moving along in my life.

To keep everyone up to date on the newest information, I underwent genetic testing in May to test for the mutated BRCA II gene, which unfortuantely I tested positive for. This gene is directly linked to breast and ovarian cancer, so testing positive means that I have an even higher risk of reoccurrence. The normal case of treatment following breast cancer is to take a medication called Tamoxifen for five years following breast cancer. Well, Tamoxifen has many side effects, one of which could be blood clots. I informed my doctor that my father recently learned that he has blood clots so I was again sent for genetic testing to test for the mutated gene which causes blood clots. Guess what...another positive reading, which means that I cannot take the preventative medicine for a reoccurrence of the cancer. So, the only course of action right now is close monitoring or a double mastectomy and having my ovaries removed. My choice for right now is close monitoring.

So...what has been going on in my life besides many doctor visits, cancer and testing...I had to go to court and got a restraining order against the ex. He was over the top and began with threats. My peace order is good until August 22 and as of today, I have not directly heard from him. Unfortuantely, he has not made any payments to me for his car so two weeks ago I filed a lawsuit against him for the money that he owes me. My trial date is set for September 7, the day after my birthday. In the meantime, I have been very fortunate to begin another relationship with an absolutely wonderful man so I am very happy.

My oldest son will be graduating from elementary school on Friday and then he is off to middle school. My youngest will start the third grade in August.

Well, in a nutshell, that is how my life has been the past several months. Please continue to keep me in your prayers because I will always be living in fear of the cancer coming back. You guys sure have helped me through some difficult times and I appreciate every single one of you.

I hope everyone is doing well and I would love to hear from you guys.

Thanks for everything!

Good morning Tina and Banded Friends!

It's been a while since I posted as well, but your message made me jump on this morning, Tina. Blessings to you and your family and continued prayers for your full and complete recovery. Thank God for the tests which can show what you are up against, but that does NOT mean that you will contract any of the diseases they indicate.

I pray your treatment goes well. I'm so glad you are happy in your new relationship - you DESERVE to be happy. Do what your doctor orders and what you know to be right for your health - don't live in fear, dear friend, walk in strength and power knowing that you will be completely healed. I claim it on your behalf!

EbonyRose (aka Dianne)

Thank you so very much for your post, it means the world to me. Life sure has handed me quite a bit to deal with but I don't think that He would give me any more than I can handle. At times I want to give up but I know that I can't and I just keep going on. I am lucky in many ways...that I found the cancer very soon and that there are medical tests to tell me the possibilities of my future so that I can take preventative measures.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers. I need all that I can get. :rolleyes:

OK...here goes nothing. I haven't posted in quite a while because I have been dealing with some real **** at home. A month ago I found out that my husband of almost 10 years has been having an affair for the last year and a half. :mad:That's right...while I was losing weight and looking great, that pig went out seeking an affair and here I was scared of how I would act after I started to get attention from others when I started to look nice. I am hurt:crying:, angry:mad2:, sad :cry_smile:, devastated:cursing:, sick and every other emotion (other than happy). I'm now on Xanax for my anxiety and I am completely obsessed with this crap. How can someone go out seeking an affair when they have a wife and two beautiful children? Do people care anymore? Do vows mean anything? What the hell is wrong with people? Of course now all of a sudden he wants the marriage to work. Well damn...you should have thought about that before porking the skank!!!! I want to freaken scream. I want to hurt them both. How the hell do people get on after things like this happen to them? Is it possible? We are in counseling, but should I even bother? Will he do it again? What about my kids? Damn...I need some serious help. This really sucks. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of the chest pains and the anxiety. I want a fairy tale ended but unfortunately my marriage will NEVER be the same. I can never look at him the same way again. Do I give up and start my life over with my boys? Can someone wake me up from this horribe nightmare????? Why me? In the last year I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 10/12 and I have lost 106 pounds. I thought that my husband was proud of me and thought that I was looking good...guess not, huh? Joke's on me!!!

Hi

My wife and I went through a similar experiece. We got back together again. The relationship ended up stronger than it ever was before. Every situation is different so I will not talk about details except for the fact we both ended up with affairs. Her more than me. It was painfull, but if it is ment to be, you will have the same experience. My wife always said " Don't get mad , get even". Sometimes sex is just a form of entertainment not love. Be careful not to throw it away to quickly. My wife passed away 2 years ago and I am very happy she was able to enjoy her life.

Thanks Green. I started this topic over 2 years ago and much has happened in that time. I'm very glad that you guys were able to work through your issues. Unfortunately I could not overlook the adultry and I got divorced last May 26, 2010. My life is better than ever (aside from being diagnosed with cancer). My children are happy and I believe my ex husband is too. Things happen for a reason and I believe that we were not meant to be together. I'm so sorry for your loss.

OK...here goes nothing. I haven't posted in quite a while because I have been dealing with some real **** at home. A month ago I found out that my husband of almost 10 years has been having an affair for the last year and a half. :mad:That's right...while I was losing weight and looking great, that pig went out seeking an affair and here I was scared of how I would act after I started to get attention from others when I started to look nice. I am hurt:crying:, angry:mad2:, sad :cry_smile:, devastated:cursing:, sick and every other emotion (other than happy). I'm now on Xanax for my anxiety and I am completely obsessed with this crap. How can someone go out seeking an affair when they have a wife and two beautiful children? Do people care anymore? Do vows mean anything? What the hell is wrong with people? Of course now all of a sudden he wants the marriage to work. Well damn...you should have thought about that before porking the skank!!!! I want to freaken scream. I want to hurt them both. How the hell do people get on after things like this happen to them? Is it possible? We are in counseling, but should I even bother? Will he do it again? What about my kids? Damn...I need some serious help. This really sucks. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of the chest pains and the anxiety. I want a fairy tale ended but unfortunately my marriage will NEVER be the same. I can never look at him the same way again. Do I give up and start my life over with my boys? Can someone wake me up from this horribe nightmare????? Why me? In the last year I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 10/12 and I have lost 106 pounds. I thought that my husband was proud of me and thought that I was looking good...guess not, huh? Joke's on me!!!

hey girl don/t blame yourself, your a great woman and a good friend, i know he is wrong here.. you have me and other friends online who will be your support, i am seeing same problem in my life,, and i am going to deal with it, just be hsappy you lost the weight, u can find a good man to spend the est of your life with,,let him go he is not worth it,, kep in touch and if u want to send me an e mail i will connect with you larry

Tina - I am happy to hear from you again although all the news isn't the best, it's not the worst either. I will definitely keep you and your boys in my prayers. I hope all of your legal issues get resolved smoothly and quickly also. Thanks for keeping us up to date, like I say often you are truly an inspiration and testament to strong will. biggrin.gif Have a wonderful weekend

Hey there friends...it's me checking in again. I'm doing well (cancer free) but I have packed on the pounds and I'm getting back on track. I went for a fill yesterday but I didn't get one. I have to have an Upper GI next week just to make sure that everything is still in its proper place since I have had my band for over four years. I posted a new page in here about my upcoming three day walk and asking for donations. I figured I would put the same on this thread because you guys are all my buddies. I was also featured in my local newspaper a couple of weeks ago. Below is the link to the article:

http://www.somdnews.com/article/20110729/NEWS/707299845&template=southernMaryland

The 60 mile, 3 day walk is just a few weeks away and I'm in fundraising crunch time. I would appreciate any and all donations that you guys could help me with. Below is the link to my 3-Day page. The walk means the world to me this year because I will be participating in it as a SURVIVOR. I participated two other times in honor of my Aunt, who is a survivor...now I am among the pink shirt men and women. Remember, no donation is too small and all is appreciated. Thanks guys...you all mean the world to me.

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2011/WashingtonDCEvent2011?px=1587446&pg=personal&fr_id=1623