Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I would give an update since my last depressing post here. I am doing much better. I reminded myself that I did this to feel better and that getting myself down and overeating were not doing that.I have lost 12 pounds since my surgery (4/28) and had my first fill yesterday. I did have my first sliming episode yesterday afternoon eating Soup which may have been a bit too thick for 2 hours after the fill, but I am kinda glad I did because now I know what it feels like to be headed in a bad dirrection. Later last night more Soup (without the chunks) and some pudding went down well. I woke up a little nauseated and crampy but I am hoping that is a sign of a returning menstrual cycle. A few hours of rest and Clear liquids has me feeling better...and no vomitting. So for all of you out there struggling take it from me, it can get better.

Nursienicole

Good to hear - Having proper restriction does help tons... I think we all need to bp or slime so that we know what it is :0) gotta have the experience once :0)

Wow - good thread! I needed to read all of this.

IndioGirl - you do, do the tough band love, and you know what - for me right now that is what I needed to hear and read today - THANK YOU! - I am 18 mos PO - and am about 97lbs less.:wub: BUT I have been struggling w/ discipline this past month - on and off. I am maintainging, but I don't want to maintain, that is not good enough - I have 50 more pounds to go. I am also only have .5cc filled right now so no restriction - so that is really heard. When I am really restricted, it helps me SO MUCH to keep the head hunger under controll - it is that all or nothing thing for me. I am rarely stomach hungry - it is usually head, so I know the difference. But when I have a "controll at the gate" it makes it eaiser to resist the head. I am fighting it hard at keeping control.

I think what you are saying really should be taken to heart from the not so new bandsters like me - I didn't risk my life and go under the knife just for nothing, so fight this and don't give in. I also think new bandsters need to hear this too, and know that you are in your first stage - your streangth will come in time - you will learn to make better choices, and YOU WILL, but do your best to pull up your boot straps like Indio said. Soon you will see there will be far and few binges in between - just don't berate yourself because you have made some bad choices. Recognize it and start over.

I know my triggers - I am a stress eater, also I crash after an emotional high - one of my recent triggers (now get this isn't this just sad) was I went on a shopping spree - I found myself buying size 12/14 clothes - I had no idea I was that small - I hit such a high and an incredible WOW that I took a mental spin. - My husband had said - "that should be so motivating for you to continue to do good" he is right it should be, but for some weird reason I do the oppisite.

I am slowly learning things about myself and that episode is called self sabatage - It could be stemed from frear as well as the "perfectionist" side of me, but I do need to figure out why I would do that.

Kelvinsmom - I am also a lot like you and take the "soft aproach" non confrontal side of things and agree w/ some of the things you said. Sure if in my first 4 weeks of PO I would have "hurt" from Indigo's comments, and really felt like a failure and weak, and would rather have an ear and emotional support support, and then the kick in the but. BUT I also know if I post something I better be prepaired to take the "good" with the "bad."

I think you both make a great team on this post - both things said and the way they are said are needed and needed to be heard.

It is like the soft sandwich aproach - come on soft (Kelvinsmom) have the hearty meat (Indio) in the center, and then finish it w/ the soft (Kelvinsmom) - at least for me that is what works. We all have what works what will push or motivate us - so take fromt his thread what will work for you.

:o) THANKS - I REALLY NEEDED THIS TODAY -

DAY 1 - starting over - I will control my eating, myu eating will not control me!

Here is a scripture my husband has given me this past week to help me - So for me each time I am begining to over eat or am tempted by wrong choices I am going to say this to myself. Find a tool to help you too.

1 Corinthians 6:12

All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.

XXBGone

I am glad you are pulling up those boot straps :laugh:

You have 97 lbs gone you can get the rest off - I understand being complacine and the eating at 14/12 size - oh great I am here where I wanted to be so now I can eat again - WRONG :confused: eating again will make you fat again :thumbup: That's why diet's don't work - you go off them and gain all your weight back..

One meal - one day at a time - You can do this - I love the passage...

This has probably been one of the best threads for me. I had a lot of fears, and reading all that everyone wrote really put my mind at ease.

I had my second fill today, and although I "felt" as though I were overeating and gaining weight, it was obviously just in my mind; because I lost another 6lbs! I have gone from 340lbs to 298lbs since starting the program in March, and my surgery was April 14, 2008.

Much of what we feel is what the "old" us used to feel. Not only do we have to teach ourselves a new way to eat, we need to teach ourselves a new way to think. I am learning much in my journey to the new me; and I want to sincerely thank everyone on here that posts their stories. We all have many of the same fears and experiences, and I know for me it is comforting to know that others are out there with me.

June 19th I will attend my first support group that is offered by my surgical weight loss center, and I think I will become a regular member. I truly believe you can never have too much support in accomplishing your goal.

OH! And for everyone out there, if you want a good form of excercise that is low impact, I have begun doing Water aerobics!! It kicked my butt the first time I did it!! My surgeon says that it is a great form of excercise, and my muscles would have to agree!!

My best to everyone! I hope you are all having a great week! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Jason :wink2:

I'm four weeks out tomorrow and I've been eating more than I should. Haven't gained any back the last few days but haven't lost more either. I've lost 20 lbs. Is that about average. I ate some bread today at lunch and I really have a tummy ache tonight. I'm like the rest of you, anxious for the fill and very afraid it will get out of control.

I am not having problems either with food or things getting stuck, just the port is still healing and I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow. I'm trying not to give in to the head hunger but it is hard!

This has probably been one of the best threads for me. I had a lot of fears, and reading all that everyone wrote really put my mind at ease.

I had my second fill today, and although I "felt" as though I were overeating and gaining weight, it was obviously just in my mind; because I lost another 6lbs! I have gone from 340lbs to 298lbs since starting the program in March, and my surgery was April 14, 2008.

Much of what we feel is what the "old" us used to feel. Not only do we have to teach ourselves a new way to eat, we need to teach ourselves a new way to think. I am learning much in my journey to the new me; and I want to sincerely thank everyone on here that posts their stories. We all have many of the same fears and experiences, and I know for me it is comforting to know that others are out there with me.

June 19th I will attend my first support group that is offered by my surgical weight loss center, and I think I will become a regular member. I truly believe you can never have too much support in accomplishing your goal.

OH! And for everyone out there, if you want a good form of excercise that is low impact, I have begun doing Water aerobics!! It kicked my butt the first time I did it!! My surgeon says that it is a great form of excercise, and my muscles would have to agree!!

My best to everyone! I hope you are all having a great week! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Jason :wink2:

Jason - LBT is the greatest IMHO - I have learned so much from reading others stories - this is why I am always saying only a fat person really understand what's in another fat persons head - a skinny person couldn't relate.

This is a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating and thinking (I think that's the 1 miillionth time of saying that :lol:)

The band is a great tool to help you with the changes that need to be done - it gives you more control to be able to eat less - Just having major surgery is enough to get you thinking - You want this to end now and forever (being overweight)

If you do the work - it will work for you..

Good Luck on your Journey

I'm four weeks out tomorrow and I've been eating more than I should. Haven't gained any back the last few days but haven't lost more either. I've lost 20 lbs. Is that about average. I ate some bread today at lunch and I really have a tummy ache tonight. I'm like the rest of you, anxious for the fill and very afraid it will get out of control.
I am not having problems either with food or things getting stuck, just the port is still healing and I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow. I'm trying not to give in to the head hunger but it is hard!

20 lbs in 4 weeks is great - Yes it's hard not to give into head hunger but even with proper restriction it's still hard - I still fight with myself on occaission not to buy that candy bar - or eat that piece of cake..

Hi , I was just banded 6/3. I have found Isopure to be a godsend. It contains 40g of Protein. I think you hungry because you don't have a protein rich diet. Dr. Floch said I need 60g each day. If you are not near that you will be hungry. Yes, you really do need the Water. I bought Isopure from GNC and I added 2 equals. Try that and let me know how your doing.

Thanks Indio - that was a good read. I can relate to so many of those triggers :)) Good to see the things "I already know" do work...now have to put to practice.

OH - yesterday was a great daY!! I no over eating, snacking or going off plan. I stuck w/ my daily calories and also walked.

Today is going to be grate too - My boots are on and straps are pulled up!! :thumbup:

Thanks Indio - that was a good read. I can relate to so many of those triggers :o) Good to see the things "I already know" do work...now have to put to practice.

OH - yesterday was a great daY!! I no over eating, snacking or going off plan. I stuck w/ my daily calories and also walked.

Today is going to be grate too - My boots are on and straps are pulled up!! :tongue2:

XXbegone

I thought the article was interesting - Yep we all have our triggers - for me it's being tired - I would love to come home on a Friday nite and pig out - Sat & Sunday too - wel hell every day ate too much but more so on the weekends.

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday and that today is going to be great too. Yep the secert is to keep those boot straps really tight - don't let them lag - cuz then your will power will lag...

Good Job :thumbup: Way to go....:thumbup:

Indiogirl -

I always love to read your replies. I think you are the kick in the pants we all need sometimes!

Indiogirl -

I always love to read your replies. I think you are the kick in the pants we all need sometimes!

Thanks JRG !!!!!

I was banded on 4-22 and have had one fill (at about 4 wks post-op). I'm the same way - I feel like I can eat anything and any amount I'd like - if I'd allow myself to. I don't feel any restrictions (pouch wise) at all = it's like I didn't even have surgery. I'm looking forward to my next fill because surely they have to may it tighter!?!

I was banded on 4-22 and have had one fill (at about 4 wks post-op). I'm the same way - I feel like I can eat anything and any amount I'd like - if I'd allow myself to. I don't feel any restrictions (pouch wise) at all = it's like I didn't even have surgery. I'm looking forward to my next fill because surely they have to may it tighter!?!

I had my second fill this past Thursday, and I can finally feel my band working. I do feel when I am full, and my satiety lasts much longer now. I don't get hungry for about 5 hours now after I eat my cup of food. I have had to seriously measure everything, and sometimes I cannot finish the cup. My surgeon said that once you reach that point that you may be able to go a little longer until your next fill. I'm glad I reached my point at the second fill, I've heard sometimes it take 3 or 4 before you reach the lap-band green zone.

Good luck with your next fill! You will know it is there :biggrin2:

Okay, so I was baded on 4/29/08 with a 10cc band.

I had my first fill on 6/4/2008 @ 2cc

I had my second fill on 6/11/2008 @ 1cc

I wanted a fill before 6/4 but my surgeon will not give fills until you are a minimum 6 weeks out of surgery.

Oh and my point, I still have ZERO restriction. Maybe my definition of restriction is different, but there is not a single food or food group that bothers me to eat. I have given up sodas (diet too), the junk foods, but it is the breads and cereals that are my enemy and one that, I know this sounds sadistic, I want to hurt when I eat it so I will not eat it.

I have not lost anything in the last 3 weeks, which is weird considering my caloric intake is below 1200-1300 a day.

I suppose I am lost and frustrated seeing as I am doing what I am suppose to be doing and going no where. Oh, and no I am not eating breads everyday, it is just that I can eat breads and pastas and do not want to be able to eat them for carb reasons of course.

Okay, so I was baded on 4/29/08 with a 10cc band.

I had my first fill on 6/4/2008 @ 2cc

I had my second fill on 6/11/2008 @ 1cc

I wanted a fill before 6/4 but my surgeon will not give fills until you are a minimum 6 weeks out of surgery.

Oh and my point, I still have ZERO restriction. Maybe my definition of restriction is different, but there is not a single food or food group that bothers me to eat. I have given up sodas (diet too), the junk foods, but it is the breads and cereals that are my enemy and one that, I know this sounds sadistic, I want to hurt when I eat it so I will not eat it.

I have not lost anything in the last 3 weeks, which is weird considering my caloric intake is below 1200-1300 a day.

I suppose I am lost and frustrated seeing as I am doing what I am suppose to be doing and going no where. Oh, and no I am not eating breads everyday, it is just that I can eat breads and pastas and do not want to be able to eat them for carb reasons of course.

I know it's frustrating and I'm only 5 weeks out but my Dr. recommended dropping to 800 calories a day for several weeks to see if I could both challenge myself and make my body work harder. I've also started swimming a bit. I know that I haven't exercised to the extent that I should but swimming in the privacy of my own yard is "safer" for me. Have you thought of dropping your caloric intake a bit? My weakness is bread so I stopped having it in the house, I know longer look at Pasta and there is only brown rice in the house right now. I know that it's difficult but you have to make yourself hate that food...fight against it. I'm struggling now to get things moving but I figure at this point I'm training myself. I'm one of those people that needs to cut themselves off totally from the bad things as once I start I won't be able to stop.