Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

i was just on the chat room and i LOVE it so many people getting it done in june. its nice to know you have people who understand what you are going through.

I agree! So many supportive folks out there! I have learned a wealth of information from them all. They are like my best support right now. Kerry

Well, I had posted earlier that I was going to have to go alone out of state for my 6/6 surgery - got some good news. My mom, bless her heart, called to tell me that she made flight reservations for the same trip and was going with me, that I was not going to go alone for surgery!!

Boy was I relieved. Don't mean to sound like a baby but I really wasn't looking forward to going through this alone and out of state at that, though I was prepared to do it anyway (the doctors didn't recommend coming alone).

Just wanted to share my good news with you guys! You've been so supportive. I start my pre-op diet 5/30 and I'm getting excited! Good luck to all you June Bandsters!!!:leaving:

Whew! Am so glad to hear this Pitter! Sounds like you have a good sister and a great mom. Best of luck with the surgery!:biggrin2:

Hi, I am an attorney in South Alabama and am a Federal Gov't employee-our BCBS insurance is one of the best at covering gastric surgery. We have no waiting periods, and really don't have to show that much information except that you have a 40 BMI OR 35+ BMI with one or more co-morbidities (high blood pressure, type II diabetes, high cholesterol, high triglycerides (sp?), spleep apnea and back problems) I just do meet the 40 BMI, but do also qualify with the 35+. I'm hoping the approval will come quickly.

I've been thin all of my life, except the last 10 years (after the birthday of my 2nd child). Just haven't been able to take off the 72 pounds I gained! Yep, that's right, 72 pounds. Unbelievable I know. Anyway, am going to my class today at noon, and then it is just waiting for approval. My doc has said that I only have to do the pre-op liquid diet for 7 days instead of 2 weeks. That's good, but I wouldn't really mind doing it for 2 weeks so I would be more used to it.

My doc is Chris Dyas. Anyone else out there using him OR have used him? Would love to know your experiences with him as your surgeon.:biggrin2:

im getting banded by dr korus at the university of penn. :confused_smile: i cant wait congratz to everyone getting done in june!!!! hope all goes well and GOOD LUCK!

YES! I finally have a surgery date for Friday, June 27th. I'm SO excited and yet so terrified at the same time. I know that I'll be using you all as support before and after. Can't wait til I start dropping the lbs! :confused_smile:

Yeah, I got my surgery date! I will be banded on June 10th by Dr. Jawad in Ocala.........preop on June 5th. Is anyone else getting banded in June?

I am so ready!!!!!

I have my date of June 4 with Dr. Simpson in Phoenix, AZ.

This is my very first post and I am happy to say I got my surgery date today!!

I am going to be banded on June 11. I have researched for 2 years and finally made up my mind to attend a seminar this past weekend. Today I had my diagnostic testing and was able to wrap it all up in one afternoon.

I have been overweight all of my life and have tried every single diet, exercise program, pill, etc there is to try. I am ready to start this new chapter of my life!!!!

GREAT FOR YOU! Wow, June 11th! I am June 17th! You will do AWESOME! There is so much support here. We're all in the same stages of feelings, so sharing is fun. Looking for ward to hearing from you often. Kerry

Broke the news about going to Dr. Kuri in Mexico for Lap Band today and she was wery pleased with my decision. She will provide all my medical needs once back in the states (except fills of course). Anyway that all went very very well and it is one more step towards June 17th! YEA! Kerry:thumbup: