Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Exercise Challenge

LOL Jody, I actually fogot that it's Memorial Day Weekend. Hello! Thanks for the reminder :cursing:

I got another Couch to 5K session in tonight.

Have a great night and a great Holiday Weekend everyone!

Took my usual walk today but it seemed easier. I really have had a lot of energy being back on South Beach. I just got done cleaning the ambulances for tomorrow's parade (which I had to get a new uniform for!!). Now it's on to planting. Becky - you inspired me to get out there and plant!!

Have a great weekend!

Well......

I did finally manage to tear myself away from the computer just long enough to get an hour of cardio in this evening.

Have a great night everyone!

I had to share this with my exercise and PS buddies!

I have always said that if I fit in a size 4 that I would wear that pants inside out and take a picture....Well here they are!!!

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=b7c8a472-3193-4467-934d-ab0dcac2d5d7&Aux=4|0|8CA8C4CFB506890|

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=b7c8a472-3193-4467-934d-ab0dcac2d5d7&Aux=4|0|8CA8C4CFB506890|

So much for window shopping. I couldn't help but buy these. This isn't a fluke either. 2 stores...3 pairs of pants and 1 skirt...all size 4. HOLY CRAP THEY FIT! 100 pounds and 20 sizes in 9.5 months!

Now my question is...what the hell size am I am going to be after surgery:w00t:?????

You guys are all doing so great!!

I'm sidelined now with back pain which turned out to be, according to my PT, my hip out of alignment and a bulging disc near the bottom of my spine.

My "exercise" today was chasing my kids around the park. :biggrin: PT has not given me clearance to start back in on the Couch to 5k; she wants me to work on doing my back exercises & stretches.

June, hopefully, will see me back on my Couch to 5k, with my alternating days being weight training and/or Pilates to strengthen my core so I can keep my back healthy. :) On the positive side, so far the back thing hasn't stalled my weight loss.

Karri -- OMG, a size 4?! You must feel great!!

Molly, Molly welcome back :biggrin::smile::),

I was getting worried about you, and was just about to send you a PM to find out how you were doing!

What a bummer about the back, I hope it resolves soon.

In the meantime enjoy the Pilates! I love Pilates -- it's hard work, but a lot of fun too!!!!

Hey everyone!!

I did my walking yesterday and today. I tried to kick it up a notch by jogging a bit here and there. Just taking the jogging slow. I need to stay injury free! I hope to make my 6 lb goal by May 31st.

Enjoy!!

I just finished my hour of cardio.

Go Jody! Go Jody! Go Jody! You're having a great month!

Glad you're back Molly. Take it easy. We tend to forget that just plain old gentle walking is still really good for us.

Salsa, I can't see your pictures. I just see red x's.

Crazy Ates May Exercise Challenge

18/20 Cardio Sessions 6/8 Weight Sessions

For some reason the pictures aren't showing up for anyone but me! If you click on the link in my signature to my blog they are posted there. Sorry! They just won't post here.

Didn't post yesterday cause I was too tired...I ran 10 straight miles. That is right....I didn't stop once. Then followed it up by walking 2! So 12 done yesterday! Wahoooo...

Going to try and post the pictures 1 last time.

post-221767-13813137168335_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone!!

I did my walking yesterday and today. I tried to kick it up a notch by jogging a bit here and there. Just taking the jogging slow. I need to stay injury free! I hope to make my 6 lb goal by May 31st.

Enjoy!!

Taking it very slowly is the key! If you go back to the January, Feb, March challenges you can see my excitement when I got to .25 miles then .5 miles. I didn't get to 10 miles by just doing it quickly! And as for speed...I am a turtle. This sounds weird but this is for you couch to 5k'ers as well. SHORT STEPS: When you are jogging take very short steps as it will minimize the impact on your knees, ankles and hips. The longer you are in the air the more momentum you have and the more weight you put on your knee. The shorter the time, the less impact...it is more like walking. You will look a little funny at first, but it is important to take care of those knees. Also, make sure you have good shoes!

Hey everyone!!

Enjoy!!

Hey Jody,

Sounds like a good plan, but do be careful -- you definitely don't want to be completely sidelined with an injury.

I just finished week three of Couch to 5K. Last night was actually my night to do it, but when I got up to the high school there was a Marching Band event going on at the track field.

I couldn't believe it though, there were still some people out exercising on the track during the event!!! I'm sorry, but that just didn't seem to be very respectful of the kids trying to put on a performance, so I wasn't going to do it.........

Salsa, Congratulations on moving down the size scale :unsure:

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend everyone!!!!

Thanks for the advice ladies!! I will surely take it to heart. I feel so good walking again that I don't want to chance an injury. I appreciate all the support!

Wow Karri, Size FOUR?! Congratulations!

I have to admit I actually went up 2 lbs this weekend from eating too much of the carby sweet stuff, but I'm determined to get back to it now. I AM getting nice long walks in with the pooch 2 or 3 times a day though, and it's really nice. No pushing it really, but it's fun and it's good for both of us. I'm sure if I get away from the grazing and goodies, I'll be right back on track.

Keep up the great work everyone!