Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Exercise Challenge

Hi Everyone - I'm BACK!

Sorry I haven't posted in 2 weeks (at least!) but it's been a busy time! Bungee, my aunt and I made it safely to La Jolla, and I finished my first week on the job. It's all really going very well, and we're settling in nicely (probably even more once the movers finally deliver my stuff). But I digress...

Now that we're in this lovely seaside neighborhood, poochie and I are having a great time with walks morning and night. It's not speed walking by any means (or jogging like the amazing Salsa - go girl!), but we do get a short walk in every morning by the sea (with stops to watch the baby seals and surfers), and a nice long walk in every night. Bungee loves it because all the tourists and locals alike stop to pet him, share their gelato and hand out doggie treats. He's getting pretty spoiled and loves every minute of it! A lot of the stores nearby let dogs in too, so it can be fun if we're strolling for fun.

In the long run, it means we are out wandering a LOT, even if we're not pushing hard. I have no idea if I've lost since the scale is on a truck somewhere between MN and CA, but things feel looser, and I definitely feel a workout in my legs and bum when we're up and down all the stairs and hills around here (as well as the weekend romps at the dog beaches).

We haven't made a lot of friends yet but are definitely socializing and enjoying our new home. Yay!!

Anyway, it's great to see you're all doing so well - keep up the great work!

Hi Pizzi! I've been thinking about you and wondering how the move went. So glad you are enjoying the change. You look wonderful (and so happy) in the pictures you posted. Keep checking in. That's the great part about online friends. It doesn't matter if they move.

I got in an hour of cardio and lifted weights this morning. Have a great day Crazy Ates.

Crazy Ates MayExercise Challenge

7/20 Cardio Sessions 2/8 Weight Training

Happy Mothers Day or Happy Sunday Crazy Ates!!

I am nursing a very sore right knee:mad:. Yesterday I did upper body strength training with my son. Today was alot of yard work and the boys carried all my flower pots around so I didn't put any pressure on it. I will see the Dr tomorrow. I don't want to be on rest!! I need to move!!

I did it. I ran 6 miles. I didn't get to do it this morning as we went to meet MIL for lunch, then DH and I went to a musical. So I didn't even get started until after 6PM, but I finished the whole thing. I am not going to sugar coat this and say it was easy or fun...I do not have a runner's high tonight...I am just tired. It was hell! And OH BOY did I sweat! It was dripping from everywhere...even places I didn't know could sweat! I am sure I will be much more impressed with myself tomorrow...but right now I just have to get in more calories...I am only at 1150 today...not nearly enough when I just ran off 650!

Way to go Karri!

I'm sorry to say I skipped my workout today (Sunday, that is) due to Mother's Day activities, although I could have gotten one in this morning.

Tomorrow is support group night, so I'll get some walking in in the morning and pick up with the Couch to 5k workout on Tues.

Have a great week everyone!

Salsa, You are awesome. Way to go. I am slowly working up to jogging, but it still isnt a favorite thing for me to do. Maybe i'll keep Trikking for a while and playing on the Quadracer. I did get all of my days in this week and weekend, so I managed to stay on track. Today is weight training and riding tonight, when its a little cooler outside. I'm such a wimp...LOL

Salsa, You are awesome. Way to go. I am slowly working up to jogging, but it still isnt a favorite thing for me to do. Maybe i'll keep Trikking for a while and playing on the Quadracer. I did get all of my days in this week and weekend, so I managed to stay on track. Today is weight training and riding tonight, when its a little cooler outside. I'm such a wimp...LOL

Well I built up slowly with jogging...and last night it wasn't my favorite thing either!:) As for being a wimp...I am not sure I would be jogging if I lived in Florida. Humidity KILLS me:scared2: We battled WINDS up that kazooo here yesterday and I am ALWAYS freezing, so maybe you could send SOME of the heat here!:smile2:

Everyone is doing great. Is it just me or is May flying by! I hope so, I want to be done with school so that I can focus on training and then my TT!

Jody, I sure hope your knee is feeling better. Do take it easy and let us know what the doctor says.

Good work Salsa.

I did my cardio this morning.

Crazy Ates MayExercise Challenge

8/20 Cardio Sessions 2/8 Weight Training

You know what I love best about the first few weeks of starting up running again? How fast we progress from panting and wheezing and legs-of-lead to being able to run comfortably. It's soo cool. :wink2:

Okay, when exactly does the "legs-of-lead" stage end, Molly -- any idea?

Hi Guys!

I just realized that I haven't checked in for the past few days, I have been hanging around the PS forum.

Pizzi -- welcome back!!!!! Thank you for sharing your photos with us. You look great and really healthy, and I also must say that your Aunt is so adorable!!!

Jody, I hope your knee is better.

And I hope all you Mothers had a wonderful Mothers Day :):smile::)!

Even though I am not a Mom (except to my two cats, aged 19 and 2), I went to a really lovely Mothers Day party yesterday. All the guys cooked and waited hand and foot on the ladies, and surprisingly, the guys are pretty darn good cooks. The food was outstanding and I ate more than I usually do. (Unfortunately, the scale is beating me up for that today :), but oh well....)

Just to catch up, on Saturday and Sunday I did one hour of cardio and today I did another session of the Couch to 5 K running plan.

Looking forward from moving on from "Legs of Lead" to "Chariots of Fire."

Have a great night everyone!!!!

Edited by Frangipani

I did cardio and weight training today.

Yes Salsa, for some reason May is flying by at lightening speed. My ps date is less than a month away now!

Crazy Ates May Exercise Challenge

9/20 Cardio Sessions 3/8 Weight Training

Thanks for the big welcome back! I missed you all a lot!

Karri, you are a running machine! Well done! If I didn't worry about my feet getting worse, I'd go for it, but in the meantime, Bungee and I are putting lots of miles on just around the new neighborhood.

I figure handling a 63-lb pigeon and squirrel-freak on the walk counts for strength training too! Plus, Bungee is the one eating treats on our walks (the tourists and parking valets like giving him treats and gelato). knowing I can't to into the ice cream and candy shops with dearest poochie keeps me from getting treats - ha! On the upside, one of the coffee shops lets me bring him in with me when I get coffee, so I can get something that I enjoy and isn't sinful. It's so fun to live in a neighborhood that's so dog-friendly and with such amazing weather!

We're home today awaiting the movers with my stuff - yay!! I can't wait to curl up in my very own bed with the big fluffy feather bed, and we'll be sure to get a good long walk in later tonight (we had a nice long one this morning too). My new neighbor said she'd go with me for a pedicure later too since she needs to get her nails done. I know I've only been on the new job a week, but it kinda feels good playing hookie today already (even though I do have to call in for a staff meeting at 2:30). Another perfect La Jolla day - 60's and 70's and blue skies! :-)

Have a great day, everyone!

Donna (Pizzi)

Hi everyone,

I just finished my 4.5 miles. My knee is a bit sore but I did a lot of stretching. My doc told me to see how it feels day by day. I might try walking every other day and weight training the other.

I don't know when the legs-of-lead stage ends -- hopefully soon! But I'm already able to see an improvement, especially in how much I'm panting for breath after the running portions. :smile2:

I'm trying to get motivated -- it's gray and rainy here, with a breeze. Do I want to get wet, or go try my workout on a treadmill instead? Hmmmm

Just finished a 4 mile run + 2 mile walk. Tomorrow is my rest day followed by my hell day (5 mile run, 6 mile walk). Then thankfully a rest day!